1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

How long is the concert and other Disability questions

Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I dream impossible things. :)

I really need to ask some things of you who have been to a Taylor swift concert. When I was young, I went to many concerts, but I don't know if they are the same and I frankly don't remember. Lol

How long is the entire concert if you plan on being in the pit? I would imagine you have to show up early, to get a good place in the pit. Right? If there are breaks, can you just like, sit on the floor or what?

I have something called marfan syndrome. It's a connective tissue disorder and I get really tired standing. I was supposed to not be alive almost 20 years ago, and I'm still here!!! I am so excited about being in the pit, that I want so badly to do it. More of how Taylor pushes us to be better people! I just so badly want to be in that pit!! I want to be up close! She gives me strength to do things that I can't ordinarily do.

I really don't want to do it though, If I'm going to at all affect anyone else's good time. If by any chance I do get tired and just can't do it, could I leave?

I know that they have wheel chair seats, but they are not very close to the stage at all. They just don't really have any good options for disabled people. Plus, to look at me, no one would ever think I was disabled unless they knew. I always feel funny taking a handicapped seat, because I don't look like I'm disabled, even though I am.

So, back to the original question. How long will I have to stand for the entire concert? Do I absolutely have to be there before the other opening act?

I'm just trying to figure this all out. If anybody can help me, I would really appreciate it. You guys are so awesome.

Jen
Swifty over 50!! How many are there? Write me!
Help me meet Taylor! You can vote once every 24 hours, here!
http://www.z100.com/c/?2si

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: How long is the concert and other Disability questions

Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 10:07 PM

When I saw her two years ago, the show was over no longer than 11pm. Usually, concerts last anywhere from 3-4 hours. So just calculate that according to whatever time the show is set to start for your date. I haven't been in a pit for Taylor Swift but I have been in plenty of other pits. In between bands, people do usually sit or kneel down. If the people aren't going too crazy, and if security isn't hard about it, then you should have no problem sitting for a bit in between bands. Also, I would e-mail or call the venue directly to ask them about any accommodations they might offer for people in the pit. Either way, I am assuming they will try their best to accomodate you since you are disabled and they basically have to take your word for it or else they can get in trouble.

Re: How long is the concert and other Disability questions

Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Thank you so much!!! That's a great idea to call! Just hope they don't tell me I'm not allowed!
    Swifty over 50!! How many are there!? Write me!