1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Help convincing my parents

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I went to the Speak Now tour in 2011 six hours from where i live but the RED tour would be really far from home. I calculated everything from T-Shirts, poster paint, airplane tickets, rental car, etc. and I've been working really hard at my job and I've made almost 1000$ to go, but I'll need to keep working.
my parents think that since I've seen Taylor once, I don't need to see her perform again and it would cost a lot more to go than when I went to Speak Now due to travel fees.
I've offered to pay everything including one of my parents' tickets to take me, since a 15 year old can't travel alone, but they're still saying that I can't go.
Does anyone have any tips to convince my parents to let me buy tickets (on eBay or kijiji since everything in Canada is already sold out out from Taylor's website) ??????/????
Thanks! :)

Adorable siggy made by my amazing draw something buddy SparklyFearlessGirl13 ! You should really check out her graphic shop! They're really g

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Help convincing my parents

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Mybe say just how much it means to you and that you have everything figured out. Have you got anyone else you can/could go with?

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I had to convince my parents for Fearless

Okay, so you have 1,000 dollars saved ump which is quite a lot but for plane tickets it takes up 600 of it up.

For Tickets go for StubHub, its the most reliable source. That will work great. I have used the website 6 times, and all of those times the tickets are real. They can be expensive, but get them now or a couple days before the show. And tell them that your favorite artists is Taylor and its a once and a life time experience! Hope this helps. Maybe have like an aunt or a older cousin come with you instead?
    [ IMG ]http://i47.tinypic.com/24eryhk.png[/ IMG ][/ url ]

*First 2 Graphics Bea*

http://[/signature]

RE: Help convincing my parents

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Ask them what you would have to do to show them that it is worth going.

Graphic made by me and TaylorFanDenmark :)

Want to read an extract from my diary?http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2280602#post_18534653

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 3:14 PM

It's a completely different show, and with Taylor you can never go wrong. Even in the back it'll be a great experience, and you always have the T-Party chance. You are paying for mostly everything, the only thing they'd really have to cover is food (or so it sounds that way) which they'd have to buy for you anyway if you didn't go.

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Thanks for all the tips! I was thinking of really going the extra mile and making a video presentation on my iPad, documenting some important points, including the ones all you lovely Swifties are giving me! My frined did this to get a cell phone and it worked for her, so I'm going to give it a try :) that's a great point about buying the tickets a few days before the show as that's what we did for Speak Now and I saved a fortune! thanks again! :D

Adorable siggy made by my amazing draw something buddy SparklyFearlessGirl13 ! You should really check out her graphic shop! They're really g

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Good luck, we are rooting for you... You can also ask them what you could do to let you go?

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:33 AM

good luck!!
    luckily, i live in the NY/NJ area and i never have to worry about an artist not going in the area.

one time, my mom and i took a train to washion D.C. to see benji and joel madden DJ for only a half an hour! it was a great experience because every single time ive seen them live, ive met them! joel knows me by name now :P but anyways my mom is kinda... understanding when i have respect for an artist shes completely supporting, as long as i have the funds! haha.

so as long as you can be responsible in this case as far as financial goes, and prove it to them... i think you should be fineee! :) good luck!

Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM

As someone stated above, it's a completely different show this time around. Even though you've already seen Taylor once, this tour will have different songs and a different stage setup. The experience will be completely different, even though it's the same artist. It helps to have an entire plan laid out. Have you figured out a rough estimate of the cost? That would probably help your presentation, which sounds like a good idea. It's going to be expensive with transportation, tickets, hotel, food, etc. Even if you are paying for the entirety of the trip, they still may not think it's worth it and believe it's a waste of money. Good luck trying to convince them!

*signature made by glitterandsparklydresses

Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Make sure that you keep doing chores and help out around the house without being asked and be nice to your siblings (if you have any) be extra respectful to your parents and offer help when they seem like they need it. That's a start. Make sure that when it's obvious to your parents that you LOVE Taylor and that this would mean the world to you. hope this helps :)

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Aw! Thanks for all the encouragement guys! :) I'm smiling insanely now, you're all just so nice! I made a cake (and if I knew how to post pictures I would) that siad in big letters "PLEASE can we go?" Then I took pictures of Taylor and put them on toothpicks and then into the cake. I added lots of hearts and swirls for decoration too :) I also made a funny video for them on my dad's iPad. I'm working on a letter too!
    my dad is now saying that he wants me to get my driver's licence before and take driver training too. Somehting I have no interst in. And what does driving have to do with concerts?! I turn 16 in April which is when I could get my full ilcence and Taylor's mostly performing in the summer so I'd only have a few months to get my licence and if i fail several times like Taylor and many other people did, then I'd have even less time. This is becoming so stressful for me just to see my idol!

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM

goodluck! i always have money for concerts i want to go too but my parents never let me! i know exactly how you feel ! just remind them how you felt at the speak now concert. thats what i did for my mom & she got me tickets for christmas!!! never give up!

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 6:43 PM

hahaha yeah I failed my driving test the first time just because I was so stressed out I drove right through a stop sign in the middle of the parking lot.... Dont put that kind of stress on yourself just have confidence and a lot of practice!!!

also just a suggestion if you are paying for plane tickets already I dont know where you are planning on going but metlife (in NJ but right outside NY and is easy to get to with public transportation) still has some singles on the floor and some doubles in the back!!! its a saturday in the summer maybe you can convince your parents to go that show that way you could make a trip out of it and make the plane tickets worth while and spend a long weekend in NYC!!

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I think you should respect your parent's opinions, they have their reasons.
    Like, I SOOOO think you should be able to go, but don't argue too much with their opinions, they're only doing it for you.

| Caitlin | Annie | TTSN | Avi. Anne |