Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Camera/Camcorder Question!!

Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 7:45 PM

For all of those who have seen Taylor perform live, it is better to take pictures and videos of the jumbo screens in the stadium or to try to zoom in on her and the stage? The Red tour is going to be epic and I want to make sure to "capture it, remember it"!!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Camera/Camcorder Question!!

Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM

lol i saw what you did there xD and well it depends where you are sitting. if you are very close to the stage, just record her. if you're kinda far, record the screen more :)

Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM

KitKat_Swifty wrote:
    lol i saw what you did there xD and well it depends where you are sitting. if you are very close to the stage, just record her. if you're kinda far, record the screen more :)

^Agreed. Also, don't worry about taking lots and lots of pictures and/or videos because you'll miss out on enjoying the concert. Definitely take some pictures and some videos, but don't make it your main focus. If you miss something on your camera, odds are someone else caught it and you'll be able to find a video or picture of it online after the concert. Also, check your concert venue's camera policy. Most allow cameras and video recording, but do not allow professional cameras.

RE: Camera/Camcorder Question!!

Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Both!

^
    All made by me :)

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I recently called the Prudential Center to ask a question about the camera/camcorders people are allowed to bring for the March Concert. The woman I spoke to said there are NO CAMCORDERS/VIDEO CAMERAS ALLOWED! Does anyone know if this is true or this has been the past rule for Taylor's concerts at the Prudential Center?

P.S. Thanks for all your suggestions!

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 6:49 PM

PurpleFan wrote:
    KitKat_Swifty wrote:

^Agreed. Also, don't worry about taking lots and lots of pictures and/or videos because you'll miss out on enjoying the concert. Definitely take some pictures and some videos, but don't make it your main focus. If you miss something on your camera, odds are someone else caught it and you'll be able to find a video or picture of it online after the concert. Also, check your concert venue's camera policy. Most allow cameras and video recording, but do not allow priofessional cameras.

Agree. If pics r ur main focas than you will really miss out. Enjoy fist and capture second

credit to Guppy1313 for making this graphic :)

Taylor Swift, I love you to the moon and back

love love love,

Meredith

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Depends, if you are closer, record her, if you are farther, big screen, if you are in the middle, both!! :)
    -----------------------------------------------------

*Forever and always a Swiftie!*

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM

If you're closer to her, "capture" her. On the other hand, if you're far from her, "capture" the screen/s.

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I think it's better to zoom in on her on-stage, because on the screen it's just really glared.

1- Me 2&3- Daya 4-ALF

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I went to a concert and recorded lots of it. Yeah I had it on video, but I felt like the show should've been my main focus! I'll definitely be taki a few pictures, and I might record a song or two, but I will want to swatch the show as it is!
    However to answer your question: I would record a bit of both, unless you are really close to the stage..

Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 9:15 AM

No video cameras means don't take a straight up video camera, and no professional cameras means don't take the SLR with the removeable lenses. Anything else is pretty much fine.

I have 2 bridge cameras. They're not professional but they are much better than your average point & shoot and I've always gotten into shows with them. I currently have 2 cameras, one of them has 10 megapixels and 20x optical zoom which is good. Sequence/sports shooting is a little slow at 2 - 3 pics per second, but it takes decent video. I've used this one the last 3 times I saw her.

I also have one with 16 megapixels and 42x optical zoom which is the better one, plus it can handle 5 pics per second so I'll get the ultimate hair flip photos that were harder to take the last 3 times! It takes HQ and HS video. I have not taken this one to a real show yet but I will in July when I see Chesney from almost the nosebleeds and see how it does.
    Jennifer
    http://swiftsorority.webs.com/

Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Swift Sorority wrote:
    No video cameras means don't take a straight up video camera, and no professional cameras means don't take the SLR with the removeable lenses. Anything else is pretty much fine.

I have 2 bridge cameras. They're not professional but they are much better than your average point & shoot and I've always gotten into shows with them. I currently have 2 cameras, one of them has 10 megapixels and 20x optical zoom which is good. Sequence/sports shooting is a little slow at 2 - 3 pics per second, but it takes decent video. I've used this one the last 3 times I saw her.

I also have one with 16 megapixels and 42x optical zoom which is the better one, plus it can handle 5 pics per second so I'll get the ultimate hair flip photos that were harder to take the last 3 times! It takes HQ and HS video. I have not taken this one to a real show yet but I will in July when I see Chesney from almost the nosebleeds and see how it does.
    Jennifer

Is the second camera you're talking about a Nikon p510? I have been looking at new cameras and researching them! I was thinking about getting that one but was nervous they would consider it "professional" and one of the main reasons I'm getting it would be for concerts... Still can't decide if I should splurge on it or just get a smaller pocket sized camera :/

Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM

neversawyoucoming wrote:
    Swift Sorority wrote:

Jennifer

Is the second camera you're talking about a Nikon p510? I have been looking at new cameras and researching them! I was thinking about getting that one but was nervous they would consider it "professional" and one of the main reasons I'm getting it would be for concerts... Still can't decide if I should splurge on it or just get a smaller pocket sized camera :/

yeahhh could you post a picture of the camera please?? the two times I saw taylor I just used my iphone and it was fine but the fam just go a new camera that I would love to bring. My concerns are its not a profess but its bigger that your average point and shot and has a large lense, I dont want it getting taken away or anything because my dad loves it...

Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM

10Mine10 wrote:
    I recently called the Prudential Center to ask a question about the camera/camcorders people are allowed to bring for the March Concert. The woman I spoke to said there are NO CAMCORDERS/VIDEO CAMERAS ALLOWED! Does anyone know if this is true or this has been the past rule for Taylor's concerts at the Prudential Center?

Okay, well they mean don't take a video camera like you would use for like a small budget film, or like a Canon SLR5. They let in phones (iPhones, and pretty much a ton of phones have video qualities), Flip Cameras (great quality, great zoom, $75!) and small things like that. Again, it depends on where you are sitting. But if you go with the flip, it won't matter too much. Have fun at the concert, but record at some of your favorite parts! I don't usually remember concerts, but for the heart radio, i let it happen and really just remember this! Have fun!
    [ IMG ]http://i47.tinypic.com/24eryhk.png[/ IMG ][/ url ]

*First 2 Graphics Bea*

http://[/signature]

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 7:39 AM

neversawyoucoming wrote:
    Swift Sorority wrote:

Jennifer

That's the one! I compared it to other currently available cameras and decided to buy that one since the only thing better was the DSLR cameras. I don't base my decision entirely on Ashton using it for like 2 seconds on a commercial, ha!

Here's the page about it. It's so much lighter than my Canon, I guess due to the difference in batteries. My Canon takes 4 AA sized batteries so that adds a little weight. As long as the lens itself is not removable security should allow it in. I'll have Mom get my Canon in so I'll get in with my Nikon.

Jennifer

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Depends in your seats :) I've done both :) if you have good seats then try to not take pics of the jumbo screen :)!

SwiftieForever13 + FearlessForever

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 4:11 PM

10Mine10 wrote:

It means no professional cameras :) phone and iPods with cameras usually are allowed. I don't know why they don't let u use professional cameras :/

SwiftieForever13 + FearlessForever

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM

i refuse to take pictures of the screen no matter how far i am lol the pictures always come out looking like...well... a screen. its like taking a photo of your computer screen. i'd try to do both if you have REALLY bad seats, but try to get a few good pictures of the stage!!

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM

If the camera has a removeable lens its not allowed in? I want to buy the Sony camera she is in with that girl but I don't think it will be allowed in.

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM

You'll have to talk to the venue itself about their specific camera rules. The general is no Professional or Video cameras.
    Jennifer

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Thanks their website says no cameras with lenses longer then 5 inches long! So I guess I will have to see how long that lens will be on that camera I want to buy! My other camera I have I took to the venue last time she was their and got in with it but I was just looking to upgrade! :)

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.