Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Washington, DC Pre-Concert Party for May 12, 2013

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Hey DC Swifties, my name is Corey. I was in charge of the Pre-Concert Party for August 2, 2011 at Verizon Center in DC. I worked on the Pre-Concert Party with Justine (Lucky_You). I have been working with several DC Swifties that are going to the May 12th show.

Currently, we were not considering hosting a pre-concert party on May 11 because we don't have anyone to coordinate the event. I won't be attending the May 11th Concert but I would be able to supply some things to help make the party better. If anyone is interested in hosting a pre-concert party on May 11, please message me on Taylor Connect or email me at ourdctcswifties@hotmail.com

Last time we learned that doing the pre-concert party at the Verizon Center was a little challenging due to heat and other things. To make it easier on us for this time around, we will be having our activities at the Loading Dock on the left side of the doors near the ramp.

The pre-concert party will begin at 3:30 p.m. We will have a couple of activities available to make it fun. For a Gift for the concert, we are planning on doing Mother's Day Cards for Andrea and Thank You cards for Taylor. We plan to have a bouquet of Flowers for both. We will also have banner designed by Justine that everyone can sign as well. Another unique activity that I will be providing for the Concert is Temporary Glimmer Glitter Tattoos. The tattoos are hypoallergenic and US Dermatologist tested and approved. The Tattoos last for 3 to 7 days or longer. They easily come off with rubbing alcohol or body lotion. The Tattoos are waterproof. The tattoos will be available for a donation to cover my supplies and stencil costs. I will also have an exclusive 13 stencil that Swifties can use for the concert. I have over 30 different colors to chose from. Some of the tattoos will be available as a prize for winning a trivia contest. During the pre-concert party, we normally sing songs, meet up with fellow swifties and wait to hopefully see Taylor come to the venue. We will not have food at this part of the party.

We will be having a smaller get together at one of my Swiftie's house for details about that please visit the Taylor Connect DC Swifites Group on Facebook. During that part we will have food and activities unique to one of Taylor's performances. Due to the fact that we will be having food at that part, we will have a limit on who can attend that part since we are using a friend's house.

If you have any questions or you are interested in attending, please message me on Taylor Connect or email ourdctcswifties@hotmail.com. For complete details about the event, please join our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/141121112636138/. I will continue to post updates as we get closer. We understand that it is Mother's Day and we will also have a way to recognize mothers at the pre-concert party.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Washington, DC Pre-Concert Party for May 12, 2013

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Im going to the May 12th show! Im going to get there super early and I'm pretty sure where I waited last time was by the loading docks. Ill probably see you guys!!
    8.3.11 was the best night of my life. I'll never forget it.

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM

i wish i was going the 12th :(

Me, TanyaxOh, Heather

Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 5:37 PM

llewellyn_13 wrote:
    Im going to the May 12th show! Im going to get there super early and I'm pretty sure where I waited last time was by the loading docks. Ill probably see you guys!!
    8.3.11 was the best night of my life. I'll never forget it.

That's awesome to hear. If you message me, I would be glad to let you know what is going on for the first part of the party. You are welcome to join us if you want. I will definitely see you for the second part at the Loading Docks. Can't wait for May!!

Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 5:39 PM

wish
    Taylor Swift

Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Any swifties that are attending the Concert at the Verizon Center on May 12 is welcome to attend our pre-concert party, please spread the word and let me know any questions. Contact information is listed in the original post.
    Thanks. Can't wait to see everyone in May. :)

Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Hey everyone! Maryland Taylor fan here!

I hate to bother you again – but I just got some good news! There are 7 days left in the contest to meet Taylor Swift – but I am currently IN THE TOP 5% of VOTES!!! http://www.z100.com/c/?3n

What does this mean?! I NEED YOUR VOTES EVERY 24 HOURS for the next 7 days now more than ever, pretty please! If you know anyone that would vote for me too – please share this and pass it on.

Thank you for all of your support and votes! TGIF!

Cindy

http://www.z100.com/c/?3n
    "This night is sparkling, don't you let it go"

Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Just a reminder that if you are attending the May 12th Concert in DC, you are welcome to join the Pre-Concert Party. Please see the contact information above if you want to join. Keep checking back for some news about a special project for the date.

Sat, May 11, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Hey guys, Just a quick update on the event that is happening tomorrow!!! To make it easier on us for this time around, we will be having our activities at the Loading Dock on the left side of the doors near the ramp.

The pre-concert party will begin at 2:00 p.m. not 3:30 p.m. as originally stated. We will have a couple of activities available to make it fun. For a Gift for the concert, we are planning on doing Mother's Day Cards for Andrea and Thank You cards for Taylor. We will also have banner designed by Justine that everyone can sign as well. Another unique activity that I will be providing for the Concert is Temporary Glimmer Glitter Tattoos. The tattoos are hypoallergenic and US Dermatologist tested and approved. The Tattoos last for 3 to 7 days or longer. They easily come off with rubbing alcohol or body lotion. The Tattoos are waterproof. The tattoos will be available for a donation to cover my supplies and stencil costs and we are also going to be supporting Cookies for Kids Cancer at the event. Half of the cost for the tattoos will benefit the organization. They are trying to end Childhood cancer. We are trying to give back like Taylor does on a daily basis. For more information please visit: http://www.cookiesforkidscancer.org. I will also have an exclusive 13 stencil that Swifties can use for the concert. I have over 30 different colors to chose from. Some of the tattoos will be available as a prize for winning a trivia contest.
    Also, Justine will have DC Swifties Bracelets available for the RED Tour. They cost $4.00 each. We hope to see you tomorrow! Also don't forget to wear some form of purple to support the fact that it would have been Ronan's sixth birthday :). Any questions, please message me or leave a comment on the thread. Thanks.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.