1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

is Newark safe?

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I want to go early to the Prudential Center to hang out with other swifties and meet people etc but people are saying not to because it's dangerous... should I?

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: is Newark safe?

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I've been to Newark to see Taylor for the past two tours. Newark is sorta dangerous we took one wrong turn going there and it was pretty scary because it is like downtown Newark. Its not like super dangerous but not somewhere you wanna hang out in front of. I would hang out inside Prudential Center. I hope this helped

Signatures made by Lia (InThePouringRain)

I was Fearless on 5/13/10
    I chose to Speak Now on 7/23/11 and

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I mean you have to use common sense and not wander around the city if you are not familiar with it! You can message me if you want and I can tell you where the tours buses are (I met her dad outside during Speak Now!)

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Newark is a dangerous area it's a city every city is dangerous. It does not mean that you should't meet new swifties and have fun! From experience there isn't really one set parking lot like a lot of venues where everybody hangs out and theres a lot of activities to do. There is a little area near the arena where theres fun stuff to do. Security and Police Offficers are always visible outside and inside of the arena so don't be worried about safety!! :)

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 2:20 PM

so newark is dangerous? i heard it was 'hip'. liar friends

~Shop~

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I went there for the speak now tour.... it isn't dangerous but it isn't the safest place, if that makes sense. there isn't like crazed murders walking around, but it is also not like everybody is nice. it is pretty safe during the day, but at night it is scary. within like a mile of the arena, there is security and crossing guards, so your safe. maybe we might bump into each other there if you go!!! :D there is graffiti and stuff around.... there is always security throughout the
    perimeter and inside the arena, it isnt that safe if you hang out outside of the arena outside though, I would go in and meet people there. hope we can meet/see each other-!!!!

I Spoke Now July 24th 2011
    It was a fairytale

10.22.12 The world turned RED

10.22.12 I got RED, and I love love love it!!!

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I mean it's not the safest, but it could be worse.
    As long as you stick with a group of people and don't go wondering around, you should be fine.
    That's what I'm planning on doing! There's tons of cops and security around the arena for the show.
    5/12/2010-Fearless tour
    8/6/2011-Speak Now tour
    10/22/2012-Red release party

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I want to go to Newark early too! But im pretty nervous because i haven't really heard positive things about it. you should just go with a big group...and make sure someone has google maps on them or something :P
    Lalalala VIVA LA LONDON!

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 5:33 PM

No city is completely safe, yet she can only play the bigger cities. Stick with a group, make sure you keep a phone on you (in case you have to call in an emergency) and take note of where traffic control officers are.
    Jennifer
    http://swiftsorority.webs.com/

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I met up with Swifties at an arena with parents and security cameras but it wasnt in Newark. All I would say is bring a cell phone and make sure you know the person and there are other people around.
    ---

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 5:58 PM

from what i've heard from my friend its not. i would hang out in a huge group of fans mixed with some parents and workers that are working that day that are hanging around. But other wise i wouldn't be there alone with 1 or 3 people. just to be on the safe side i wouldn't hang around until u see large groups of fans hanging around with parents and workers around =/
    Taylor Swift
    Montreal - July, 14th, 2011
    Up Coming!! -> July 19th & 20th 2013!!

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I went to Newark for Speak Now and it was fine. Every city is dangerous, but inside the arena is perfectly safe!! Everyone inside loves Taylor so naturally it is a great place to be!

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I live near newark. but i live in the "very safe area town." Im like 15 mins away from it. My mom is staying with me till the concert starts. Just make sure you have ur cell phone, and stick with a group of people or something :)

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 7:41 AM

The area that the prudential center is in isn't nescesarially dangerous but other parts of Newark are. You just have to be careful when you are going to the arena. just make sure that the doors are locked and the windows are up when you park your car so no one tries to break in. Also, try to park close to the arena even though it may be pricey because it's worth it and you won't have to walk to far when its dark when you get out of the concert. :) and police is tight on the way to and from all of the parking lots so no need to worry :)

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM

i live closeby. trust me, it is very dangerous. it was on one of americas worst something... like, referrring to city and crime rate, etc... whatever. i know that you guys are worried, but even in safe neighborhoods there is a risk that some bum can attack you.. it happens all the time. just watch the news! haha.

and yes, newark is in the news a lot...

but pruedential is in the downtown section, not exactly the worst part, at all. its more city. just like NYC. :)

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Oh yeah it is! If you wanna hang around there early, just be sure you are with a group of people are with your parents cuz Newark really isn't a safe city. Sorry if I scared you a lil bit but it's kinda true. Like I said, always be with someone when you're over there at Prudential Center. Besides, there's also security so you should be safe if you stay where you're supposed to be. And if you decide to go eat somewhere before the concert starts, don't go too far and don't bring too much money. So I hope this advice has helped you out. I don't live in Newark but I live very nearby. My town is like 10-15 minutes away from it so yeah :)

RE: is Newark safe?

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Never been..
    Credit goes to: Screaminglonglive(she rocks)

Credit goes to: Maci

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 4:24 PM

If you're smart about it and you stay around the venue, you'll be fine.
    IF I WERE YOU I'D STAND BY THE SECURITY OFFICERS AT THE FRONT DOORS :)

Cloudnine

TheEnchantedGarden

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I went for one of my Speak Now concerts there and I didn't find it scary. Everyone is very nice there by the arena.

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 7:14 AM

I'm from out of state but went on a college tour in the Newark area for the college I'm applying to. I live in a very protected area so Newark was a bit of an eye opener for me. The college I'm applying to is gated all around it so no one can get in without an ID. It was probably on of the more scary situations I've been in. I wouldn't call Newark the most safe and hospitable area in the world. And I would spend much time outside of the venue. That said, if you stay close with large crowds and don't wander too far away from the venue, you should be okay!

Sig By: Cerulean

RE: is Newark safe?

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 7:09 PM

There will be people there as early as 10AM! I went last year super early and people were already hanging out. If you stay by the actual Prudential Center, it's safe. There's even a little cafe around the side right next to the Prudential Center that is opened in case the Prudential Center isn't (They make really good smoothies!) Hope this helped!