Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Stubhub

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I'm wondering if you guys would suggest Stubhub for tickets? I know they are more expensive but I'm asking is stubhub a reliable site? Also,how about ticketliquidator.com? the prices are too good to be true. has anyone ever used this site? is it reliable too?

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: Stubhub

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:43 AM

yeah it's reliable, I've used it for tickets before.

Re: Stubhub

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I used them for the Speak Now tour and had no problems.

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Yep it's the most reliable out of them all. They guarantee you get your tickets and they work or they end up paying for seats that compare for what you bought.

They release more as it gets closer. Try singles near each other, it worked for me. If I didn't do this, I wouldn't have anything either.
    5/12/2010
    8/6/2011

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 2:49 PM

^ I've never heard of ticketliquidator.com, so I would be careful. I know that StubHub is reliable and legitimate, they can just be expensive

Twitter: @COSwifte13
    Tumblr: coswiftie.tumblr.com

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Apparently, a lot of the people selling on StubHub are probably not scalpers, but instead people belonging to the concert promoters or venue. It is unclear as to whether they have private pre-pre-sales, but the explanation given by AEG as to how this works leads me to believe that might just be happening, especially with how fast the tickets are selling out and being put up on StubHub. And beginning next year StubHub will be the official ticket agent of certain events. Just to give people an idea of what is going on right now and how it is probably going to hurt ticket prices even MORE than it is right now, here is part of an article about AEG and StubHub's new alignment:

"Sports and concert-promotion company Anschutz Entertainment Group plans to make eBay Inc.'s ticket-resale site, StubHub, an official partner of a new ticketing service, the companies said, in the latest attempt by the live-event industry to capture the sky-high prices sometimes commanded by scalpers and other third parties.

Starting early next year, customers shopping for tickets sold by AEG's AXS Ticketing platform will be offered the chance to buy or sell tickets through StubHub.

StubHub earns money by charging steep commissions to buyers and sellers on each sale. AEG will collect an unspecified share of revenue from those commissions on transactions originating on its websites.

The companies expect to target their sales pitches much more narrowly than most online ticket resellers are able to.

"We can say, 'You wanted floor seats; there are no more floor seats available, but there are floor seats available on StubHub,' " said Bryan Perez, AEG's president of ticketing and digital business.

And instead of exchanging tickets physically or even by email, buyers will receive new tickets directly from AXS, which will void the originals.

AEG's chief executive and president, Tim Leiweke, said the secondary market is impossible to ignore. "People go out and buy and sell tickets on the secondary markets," he said. "That's never going to change."

As the parties that put money behind live events, Mr. Leiweke said, promoters and venue owners are entitled to participate in that market. "The ones at risk are sharing in the upside through the system we've created with StubHub," he added.""

Basically, the bottom line is that they will be able to charge even steeper prices for tickets, with the reasoning behind it being that instead of paying those high prices to scalpers, you may still be paying those same high prices, but more profit will be going to them instead, (which they can claim is going to artists or venue revenue streams or that they are simply combating scalpers or whatever they feel will be the most acceptable by fans at a given time.)

The problem is that AEG owns a lot of the venues (stadiums and arenas) and is the second-largest concert promotion company in the world, meaning that there is nothing to stop them from charging any price they want for tickets and 're-selling' them for extra profit to themselves, as long as they think they can get people to pay those prices. Herein lies the ultimate problem.
    Sometimes we see the world for what it really is. Other times it sees us for what we truly are.

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Yes, I would! I've gotten pit seats on there before! :)

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Stubhub is reliable, but the tickets are REALLY expensive.

Me/Trixie Swift/Me

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Yes they are an official resell ticketing site. I bought my 1st ticket off from the site in october i had #ing issue with it and i called stubhub and they fixed it all for me saying it was a typo from the seller and they gave me a refund back from their fees =) and the ticket was official.

if you have ANY problems just call them and they seriously do everything they can to figure it out an they call you right back =).

Hint - wait til a couple days before the show the people lower the prices =P
    Taylor Swift
    Montreal - July, 14th, 2011
    Up Coming!! -> July 19th & 20th 2013!!

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Stubhub yes. Ticket liquidator NOOOO

- credit LongLiveTay13

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Stubhub is good. Ticketliquidator looks a bit sketchy... O.o

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I used ticketliquator and had no problems during the fearless tour in fact they were quite awesome! Stubhub was the one that messed me up last year! I waited 1 week until the show got a good deal and I saw my location ( looked like good seats) on the whole page it listed who had e-tickets I made very,very sure I didn't get e-tickets because I wanted physical tickets. No problem right?? Wrong! I even extra money to get them fed exed so I would get them on time. I opened up my package and guess what e-tickets! The seats were not as good as promised either. Now I am not exactly sure if it was stubhub's fault but clearly they lied when they didn't tell me they were not e-tickets or I would of not bought them but again they do buy them from a secondhand seller so I am not really sure..... Ticketliquator no problems.... I even thanked them and they thanked me back for their customer service. I guess it depends on the secondhand ticket seller maybe?? I heard stubhub has had problems too and I heard ticketliquator has problems too.

Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 2:13 PM

DieHard wrote:
    Apparently, a lot of the people selling on StubHub are probably not scalpers, but instead people belonging to the concert promoters or venue. It is unclear as to whether they have private pre-pre-sales, but the explanation given by AEG as to how this works leads me to believe that might just be happening, especially with how fast the tickets are selling out and being put up on StubHub. And beginning next year StubHub will be the official ticket agent of certain events. Just to give people an idea of what is going on right now and how it is probably going to hurt ticket prices even MORE than it is right now, here is part of an article about AEG and StubHub's new alignment:

"Sports and concert-promotion company Anschutz Entertainment Group plans to make eBay Inc.'s ticket-resale site, StubHub, an official partner of a new ticketing service, the companies said, in the latest attempt by the live-event industry to capture the sky-high prices sometimes commanded by scalpers and other third parties.

Starting early next year, customers shopping for tickets sold by AEG's AXS Ticketing platform will be offered the chance to buy or sell tickets through StubHub.

StubHub earns money by charging steep commissions to buyers and sellers on each sale. AEG will collect an unspecified share of revenue from those commissions on transactions originating on its websites.

The companies expect to target their sales pitches much more narrowly than most online ticket resellers are able to.

"We can say, 'You wanted floor seats; there are no more floor seats available, but there are floor seats available on StubHub,' " said Bryan Perez, AEG's president of ticketing and digital business.

And instead of exchanging tickets physically or even by email, buyers will receive new tickets directly from AXS, which will void the originals.

AEG's chief executive and president, Tim Leiweke, said the secondary market is impossible to ignore. "People go out and buy and sell tickets on the secondary markets," he said. "That's never going to change."

As the parties that put money behind live events, Mr. Leiweke said, promoters and venue owners are entitled to participate in that market. "The ones at risk are sharing in the upside through the system we've created with StubHub," he added.""

Basically, the bottom line is that they will be able to charge even steeper prices for tickets, with the reasoning behind it being that instead of paying those high prices to scalpers, you may still be paying those same high prices, but more profit will be going to them instead, (which they can claim is going to artists or venue revenue streams or that they are simply combating scalpers or whatever they feel will be the most acceptable by fans at a given time.)

The problem is that AEG owns a lot of the venues (stadiums and arenas) and is the second-largest concert promotion company in the world, meaning that there is nothing to stop them from charging any price they want for tickets and 're-selling' them for extra profit to themselves, as long as they think they can get people to pay those prices. Herein lies the ultimate problem.
    Sometimes we see the world for what it really is. Other times it sees us for what we truly are.

that's just depressing :( now I will NEVER be able to afford good seats- ia hate stubhub >:(

PS- I ended up getting tickets from a ticketmaster in a store, I didn't get the best seat but at least it doesn't cost an arm and a leg

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.