Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

GOING ALONE?

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Has anyone been to a Taylor concert alone? What is it like? Is it safe? Do you have to stay in your seat or can you go to a different section if there is anemply seat. lol

Me

KittyWinterSHVH

Heather

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: GOING ALONE?

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I go "alone" all the time. Usually i meet with some friends on the floor. But i do end up moving around like when she does the mini stage we all make our way to the back to see her. But I go alone all the time its fine. Get to meet some fun people.

Re: GOING ALONE?

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:44 AM

i dont wanna get like kidnapped or something

Me

KittyWinterSHVH

Heather

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:45 AM

it depends on where you're going, some places are safer than others. if you get there after doors open and meet your ride right outside the venue right after the show there's virtually no chance you'll get hurt because there will be 20,000 other taylor fans and their parents there too! just don't wander alone after the show

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Well I haven't been to a Taylor concert alone but I did go to the Teen Awards 2012 without a parent and that was fine :) but it was probably safer because there were loads of BBC body guards lol anyway I'm sure you will be fine

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I went to my first taylor concert alone. it was weird b/c I never went to anything alone before, really, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see taylor and I have to say it loved it, it was awesome!!

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:20 PM

TaylorSwiftFan001 wrote:
    i dont wanna get like kidnapped or something

Keep in mind, it's a Taylor Swift concert. All the people there have kids or are a kid.
    "My love for you was bulletproof, but you're the one who shot me."

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I went to the last tour by myself. My mom dropped me off and picked me up after the concert was done. There are security inside and outside the venue.

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I'm going to have to go by myself when Taylor bring the Red tour to the UK. If you're a little nervous try finding a swiftie on here who's going to the same concert as you and maybe you can meet them in the arena (with lots of people around so nothing bad can happen) so you're not alone? That's what I'm hoping to do anyway

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:38 PM

To answer one of your questions: Most places make you stay in your seat. Moving around, to an empty seat or to stand in the aisle, isn't generally allowed. Most of the time, security will make you move back to your original location.
    To answer the other: As long as you're old enough to go somewhere alone and be comfortable, going alone to the concert should be fine. They have security working the concert and nearly everyone there is going to be a young adult or a parent with their child. If you're inside the building, and aren't just standing around outside, you should be perfectly safe.

*signature made by glitterandsparklydresses

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM

My friend and I are sort of going to our concert alone. My parents will be at a restaurant across the street the whole time!

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:57 PM

You should be just fine inside the venue . Most that attend her concerts are female and any un-accompanyed male is watched Very close by the moms/dads in the crowd and security . Any unwanted advances could be stopped quickly .

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I've gone before alone. They're security, people who work there, and other fans. You meet a lot of people. It's definitely safe and you still have a lot of fun. (If you're the type of person who can mingle with strangers without a problem) hahaha

I might end up going alone this time too if its the only way I can get close.

Solo yolo is my motto
    5/12/2010
    8/6/2011

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I've never went alone but I wouldn't have any reservations about doing so either, although I am a little older. There are so many people around that it would be difficult for someone to take you without anyone noticing. I would probably try to make some Swiftie friends though while I was there so i wouldn't be lonely :)

As for moving seats, it's frowned upon, but if you're sitting in certain sections you are allowed to move over to the B stage.

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Not all of us going alone are "young" or female or have a child... :-O

It is about as safe as anywhere else. Can bad things and have bad things happened at them? Yes, but it is a rare occurrence. You should simply follow the same guidelines you would doing anything by yourself. Be vigilant, stay aware of your surroundings, talk to security or event staff if you feel lost or uncomfortable in any way. If you know anyone else going to the concert, try to set meeting points and times with them ahead of time. If you don't know anyone, make sure you have a meeting point and at least rough times for meeting your ride (since an exact time can be hard with foot traffic while exiting).

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I'm going by myself on April 27th, in Lexington! I was able to get third row by purchasing the ultimate experience VIP package. None of my friends were willing to spend their money on the VIP package. But I think it will be worth it and I'm super excited!!! (:

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 8:37 PM

DieHard wrote:
    Not all of us going alone are "young" or female or have a child... :-O

It is about as safe as anywhere else. Can bad things and have bad things happened at them? Yes, but it is a rare occurrence. You should simply follow the same guidelines you would doing anything by yourself. Be vigilant, stay aware of your surroundings, talk to security or event staff if you feel lost or uncomfortable in any way. If you know anyone else going to the concert, try to set meeting points and times with them ahead of time. If you don't know anyone, make sure you have a meeting point and at least rough times for meeting your ride (since an exact time can be hard with foot traffic while exiting).

I know if you go to the show in Newark, NJ there are cops EVERYWHERE. last concert I went to there honestly were more cops than swifties there!

-13 TAYLOR ROCKS-13

NEW JERSEY SWIFTIE!

Taylor, Taylor look at me. I'm a Jersey Swiftie EMT!

[ img ] http://oi50.tinypic.com/2nukemx.jpg [ / img ]

Graphics courtesy of Brooker27

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I think going alone is boring to any show

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 9:45 PM

It can be boring at first but you make new friends that's what makes it exciting and if you are shy soon Taylor will be on and you will be screaming your head off!!!!

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I've gone to a few concerts alone, or ended up alone due to the people I was with sitting in a different location. It really depends on the concert I think. Some of them are so completely engaging (like AC/DC, Metallica, NIN and yes, Taylor,) that once the music starts you can get totally lost in singing along, etc and forget about pretty much everything else around you.
    Sometimes we see the world for what it really is. Other times it sees us for what we truly are.

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I go to a lot of shows alone and it's fine haha

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.