Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Tacoma Frustration

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 3:32 PM

So I tried to get tickets during the persale and it didn't work...so I thought I would try again today...nope it does the same thing...any one else having this problem where you type in the code thing and it starts spinning like its finding tickets and then it says they are unavailable...its making me mad I just want stinking tickets it's not that hard...and on stubhub they are being completely illegal by selling there tickets for hundreds of dollars which is completely illegal if you sell a ticket you have to sell them for the price they are on the ticket...ugh I am so mad...

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Tacoma Frustration

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Bump

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Im going to keep bumping this until I know someone else is having this problem so I am very sorry if you get annoyed but I am very annoyed right now too so BUMP BUMP BUMP

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 3:44 PM

BUMP

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM

My mom had the same problem when trying to buy tickets for me while I was at school =(
    I'm probably gonna have to resort to Stubhub.... Oh well.

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I got my tix via the presale (floor 2, row 9) but I went online today to see if I could find anything better. Was only able to get any type of result by searching for single seats. :(

RE: Tacoma Frustration

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I have the same problems! Never got the presale passwords, went on at 9:58AM for the public sale and hit refresh until the sales options came up and most of the time there was no availability. the regular tickets I was offered something in the extreme back upper level. No thanks. I even tried the $389 Ultimate tickets and most of the time it would not offer any tickets. Once it offered 12th row and then 14th row. I passed because for one I am unsure how far the catwalk cuts into section 1 and 2 and therefore unable to tell if it cut deep enough that 12th row might be closer to the actual catwalk. Because it it was 12th row on the far left or right, the visibility would not be good. being 12 rows out is really only marginally better than 20 when your on the food at the Tacoma Dome or any level floor facility. The only good floor seats here would be in the first 6 rows, or the Pit which at this point and time has not been offered up for sale and might not be as sometimes the pit area is the area where they hand out bracelet access for free. In the past they have sold pit tickets for part of the area, but not all as they always like to give some freebie upgrades to those out in the crowd as you know.

I dont think they released that many tickets for this show yet. They will trickle out randomly as is the way Ticketmaster usually does it. sold out does not really mean sold out. not 8 months before the show anyway.

Stub hub can be good IF you buy at the right time. and the right time wont be for some time to come. I remember last year I got my tickets the day of performance from Stub Hub and got front rows for $200 a piece.
    Other times I have gone to the actual box office at the venue and got premium great seats which they will more times than not release in the hours before the show.

There is No reason to go buying the insanely priced $500-1700 a piece tickets from the scalpers!
    I didn't even want to pay the $389 from Ticketmaster for the 'ultimate' experience. Unless TS is doing a meet and greet I don't see it as anything more than $300 over the price of the ticket for about $75 in merchandise and some free snacks before the show.

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 4:45 PM

dpartn wrote:
    I have the same problems! Never got the presale passwords, went on at 9:58AM for the public sale and hit refresh until the sales options came up and most of the time there was no availability. the regular tickets I was offered something in the extreme back upper level. No thanks. I even tried the $389 Ultimate tickets and most of the time it would not offer any tickets. Once it offered 12th row and then 14th row. I passed because for one I am unsure how far the catwalk cuts into section 1 and 2 and therefore unable to tell if it cut deep enough that 12th row might be closer to the actual catwalk. Because it it was 12th row on the far left or right, the visibility would not be good. being 12 rows out is really only marginally better than 20 when your on the food at the Tacoma Dome or any level floor facility. The only good floor seats here would be in the first 6 rows, or the Pit which at this point and time has not been offered up for sale and might not be as sometimes the pit area is the area where they hand out bracelet access for free. In the past they have sold pit tickets for part of the area, but not all as they always like to give some freebie upgrades to those out in the crowd as you know.

I dont think they released that many tickets for this show yet. They will trickle out randomly as is the way Ticketmaster usually does it. sold out does not really mean sold out. not 8 months before the show anyway.

Stub hub can be good IF you buy at the right time. and the right time wont be for some time to come. I remember last year I got my tickets the day of performance from Stub Hub and got front rows for $200 a piece.
    Other times I have gone to the actual box office at the venue and got premium great seats which they will more times than not release in the hours before the show.

There is No reason to go buying the insanely priced $500-1700 a piece tickets from the scalpers!
    I didn't even want to pay the $389 from Ticketmaster for the 'ultimate' experience. Unless TS is doing a meet and greet I don't see it as anything more than $300 over the price of the ticket for about $75 in merchandise and some free snacks before the show.

So basically you're saying row 9 is going to be pretty far away from the stage?? I'm sad now...

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I wrote a letter to ticketmaster to see what all this confusion is about and why they make it necessary for it to happen...and I wrote a letter to stubhub asking why they are doing illegal thing so hopfully these things will change.

RE: Tacoma Frustration

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I tried to check to see what floor seats were available at 10am. Nope...
    I tried for singles to see what the best seats available were and all i got were lower level seats, i managed to get to the midway point to the stage (still on the lower level) but most of them were at the rear sections of the lower area. Good luck guys...

And selling a ticket for more than what you paid for isnt illegal i dont think, but you can't sell them on here for more than what you paid for it...

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM

SeatownTSfan wrote:
    dpartn wrote:

So basically you're saying row 9 is going to be pretty far away from the stage?? I'm sad now...

Don't be sad!! that area wont be bad at all. especially if you are more towards the center of the floor where the stage extension comes out and cuts into some of the front rows. This in effect makes your seats closer to the stage extension. I wouldn't be overly worried about it, really. I myself just would not have laid out $389 unless I could have gotten the seats in the first 6 rows. after that the crowds just get too dense when standing. unless I knew it was something in the center. It's hard to tell on this seating chart because they do not specifically notate how many rows Across the sections are. I estimate that sections 1 and 2 are probably each 20-21 rows across, with #1 starting on the right side of the row.

As to scalping, here is where it gets complex. Not only does every state have it's own regulations, it further gets complicated by each county and city sometimes having it's own regulations. Furthermore, there are many areas in which it is not at all illegal to sell a ticket for more than face value. Since the internet and scalpers are nation wide, they can often skirt local laws by selling all these tickets from a place where it is not at all illegal to charge whatever they wish. Meaning just because Tacoma, WA may or may not have restrictions on how much you can resell a ticket for, the laws of Tacoma, WA do Not Apply to the scalper who is likely in another city or state where it is permitted to charge what you wish. Stub Hub is a reputable broker site and perfectly legal because it is based, no doubt, in a place where there are no scalping laws, thereby it is not violating any laws. Stub Hub and other like sites, were created with teams of lawyers involved to ensure that all activity was indeed legal. We may not like it, but there is nothing we can do about it under the way it was set up. Sad to say it, but thats the way that is.

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 10:16 PM

dpartn wrote:
    SeatownTSfan wrote:
    dpartn wrote:

Don't be sad!! that area wont be bad at all. especially if you are more towards the center of the floor where the stage extension comes out and cuts into some of the front rows. This in effect makes your seats closer to the stage extension. I wouldn't be overly worried about it, really. I myself just would not have laid out $389 unless I could have gotten the seats in the first 6 rows. after that the crowds just get too dense when standing. unless I knew it was something in the center. It's hard to tell on this seating chart because they do not specifically notate how many rows Across the sections are. I estimate that sections 1 and 2 are probably each 20-21 rows across, with #1 starting on the right side of the row.

As to scalping, here is where it gets complex. Not only does every state have it's own regulations, it further gets complicated by each county and city sometimes having it's own regulations. Furthermore, there are many areas in which it is not at all illegal to sell a ticket for more than face value. Since the internet and scalpers are nation wide, they can often skirt local laws by selling all these tickets from a place where it is not at all illegal to charge whatever they wish. Meaning just because Tacoma, WA may or may not have restrictions on how much you can resell a ticket for, the laws of Tacoma, WA do Not Apply to the scalper who is likely in another city or state where it is permitted to charge what you wish. Stub Hub is a reputable broker site and perfectly legal because it is based, no doubt, in a place where there are no scalping laws, thereby it is not violating any laws. Stub Hub and other like sites, were created with teams of lawyers involved to ensure that all activity was indeed legal. We may not like it, but there is nothing we can do about it under the way it was set up. Sad to say it, but thats the way that is.

To what you said about scalping I looked in to it and in Tacoma it is illegal...so it should be illegal for the prices to be more than face value....I mean you couldn't go to the grocery store and hand them a 1 dollar bill and say it is a hundred dollar bill so thats my view...also the people selling the tickets for more than face value are dumb because who is going to by a ticket for 3000 dollars if its face value is 40 dollars...thats why i wrote them the letter

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Yeah, ik the same happened with me. I tried to get them on pre sale and they didn't have a single 4 seats together. My friend's mom tried to get the 100$ tickets and the 250$ ones are only available.. in the first minute they're released! What a lot of companies do is buy and resell them, and it drives me crazy. Isn't that illegal!?
    Sereena

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Fearless_Sweetheart wrote:
    Yeah, ik the same happened with me. I tried to get them on pre sale and they didn't have a single 4 seats together. My friend's mom tried to get the 100$ tickets and the 250$ ones are only available.. in the first minute they're released! What a lot of companies do is buy and resell them, and it drives me crazy. Isn't that illegal!?
    Sereena

Yeah it is illegal and it makes me so mad...what so real fans dont get to see there favorite person...its so dumb...UGH

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Yes, in Tacoma it is illegal. But sites like Stub Hub, etc are NOT located in Tacoma and therefore Tacoma law does not govern them and they can sell the tickets for whatever they want because they are conducting business from a location where there is no limit to the price you can ask for tickets (i.e. legal scalping).

If you go to Tacoma Dome the night of any concert and walk anywhere around the place you can buy tickets over face value from scalpers. Police know it's going on, but do not stop them unless they are up near the box office area. It's like an unspoken truce. As long as the scalpers aren't in the vicinity of the box office, security and police generally look the other way. Is it right? NO! But it's permitted because they cops don't want to arrest a bunch of scalpers because it's a timely and costly process. But as far as Stub Hub and like sites, they are located in areas which have no restriction on what you can ask for a ticket.

Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Just wait until closer to concert time and the tickets will start to come down, but dont wait too long because if they have to mail it to you, you need enough time for it to get to you...
    Also i think Ticketmaster will trickle more tickets over time, i think, along the way to the concert. There's also radio contests too... Good luck guys... I tried all 3 times (Sunday Presale, Thurs Presale & Firday General Sale) for tickets.

Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 1:51 AM

If it helps, I just went on Ticketmaster and was able to pull up a ticket in the lower bowl. I tried only one ticket so that's probably why, BUT there are still tickets available!

Don't give up on getting tickets though! Ticketmaster will release tickets closer to the date of the show and even if its promoted as a "sold out" show you can actually probably still get tickets the day of the concert. I know a lot of people that have done that :) And prices on StubHub will drop a TON when it gets closer to the date. The only reason they're so expensive right now is because tickets just went on sale and they're trying to wrangle in people that are on a ticket buying high and want them NOW. So don't fall into the temptation! Ha. Check Craigslist for tickets too. Most of the time they're actually reasonably priced.

KISS FM is probably gonna do ticket giveaways too. Check The Wolf & KMPS are probably gonna do ticket giveaways as well. So there is still hope to get tickets!

Good luck to everyone still trying to get tickets! I hope you're able to get some!

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I have been emailing Ticketmaster all day...and they said they would let there supervisor know and that they would keep in contact with me so i will be able to get tickets...it makes me happy so maybe there is hope

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 8:16 PM

how'd it work out? :)
    Sereena

Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Anyone with a spare tacoma pit code?! Please e mail me trinity_9742@yahoo.com

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.