Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

I'm Sick And Tired Of Scalpers

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:19 AM

I wanted to get tickets for the San Antonio show, I was on ticketmaster.com at 10:00am and I still couldn't get tickets, I think Taylor or her managers should do something by now, Taylor's concerts should have paperless tickets!!
I'm mad, sad and frustrated!
You Know You Love Tay
xoxo
Danny Rubio

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: I'm Sick And Tired Of Scalpers

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:24 AM

I also tried for the SA show right at 10. Got nothing for two people. Only for 1 and that was already in the nosebleeds. I'll have to try on Friday. :/

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:32 AM

I'm sick of them too, and VIP!
    Jennifer

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Even though you could not get tickets during the pre-sale, don't lose hope. Check the websites for your local radio stations. They should be offering a radio pre-sale that starts on Thursday. I had the TS code for Charlotte but was unable to get any tickets, however I used the radio station pre-sale code on Thursday and got 6 lower level tickets together!

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 9:55 AM

motherofswifties wrote:
    Even though you could not get tickets during the pre-sale, don't lose hope. Check the websites for your local radio stations. They should be offering a radio pre-sale that starts on Thursday. I had the TS code for Charlotte but was unable to get any tickets, however I used the radio station pre-sale code on Thursday and got 6 lower level tickets together!

Oh my! Thank you for letting me know!!

tumblr_mat8qr18IH1rnqsl2o1_500.gif

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 9:58 AM

GUYS!! If you dont get tickets during pre-sale you can always get them during the general sale!!! They dont release ALL the tickets during pre-sale.... only a certain amount.

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:01 AM

ArieTSA wrote:
    GUYS!! If you dont get tickets during pre-sale you can always get them during the general sale!!! They dont release ALL the tickets during pre-sale.... ony a certain amount.

Thank you for the info, I did know that but that doesn't make me any less mad at scalpers LOL

RE: Re: I'm Sick And Tired Of Scalpers

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM

DannyRubio wrote:
    motherofswifties wrote:

Oh my! Thank you for letting me know!!

tumblr_mat8qr18IH1rnqsl2o1_500.gif

You're welcome!

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:04 AM

The issue is that stub hub and ebay allows it. When you see a $100 ticket for $1000 on these sites, it should be illegal. Ebay use to have rules on how much over retail you could sell a ticket for, but the scalpers got around it by selling you an item and throwing in the tickets
    See my Speak Now World tour photos taken over 3 nights in Melbourne, Australia.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/taylor_photos/1783981
    or
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/past_future_tours/1565461

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:11 AM

DannyRubio wrote:
    ArieTSA wrote:
    GUYS!! If you dont get tickets during pre-sale you can always get them during the general sale!!! They dont release ALL the tickets during pre-sale.... only a certain amount.

Thank you for the info, I did know that but that doesn't make me any less mad at scalpers LOL

Just scalpers must be having a hard time getting tickets too.
    Taylor is very popular and EVERYONE wants tickets.

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Scalpers just in general are really really annoying, but if they can make a good living from this sort of activity, they have no reason to stop. I hope one day there are definitive preventive measures to stop allowing people to be ripped off like this.

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Back in the day, everyone used to have to pick up your tickets at the venue itself, usually 3 days before up to (during) the concert. This had its benefits and drawbacks. There were still scalpers, but they had to be AT the venue the day/night of the concert, there were often police around and there were penalties in many areas for selling (or buying) the tickets. In general, it left MORE seats available for purchase by the general public due to these factors. The drawback was extremely long lines and fans getting frustrated if they waited outside a venue for 2 days camping (which happened) and then couldn't get the seats they really wanted. At one time, being at the ticket counter of the venue when tickets went on sale guaranteed you better seats than phoning. This has changed mostly due to people's impatience and the fact that it is actually cheaper and more efficient now for the ticketing agencies to handle the volume via the internet. Unfortunately, it is us, the consumer that made most of these problems a lot worse. What needs to be done is a rethink of the entire system, but seeing as scalpers help marketers and ticketing agencies gauge the true value of a particular artist's tickets, they won't see a need for it.

(Unfortunately, the idea of simply issuing e-tickets isn't a perfect solution either, since more than 1 e-ticket can be printed off, they can get damaged easier, etc.)

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Me too! They are even getting ahold of the TS codes and I know they are because I got up at 10 am for indy pre-sales and pulled up all upper seats. Upper seats at 10 am?? 5 minutes later it said basically no tickets...... I kept trying and trying upper seats or limited view ( that's not good) I checked again no seats! I checked again no seats! I went to bed annoyed...... I checked this afternoon thinking maybe it was high traffic nope it was again no seats! I am going to try general sale but I know I will have no luck there either:-(

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I'm tired of them too. Stubhub, for example. Raleigh, NC's presage was today. I just looked at Stubhub. TONS OF TICKETS. It's so completely unfair and Ticketmaster's little "letter typing out" thingy obviously isn't working.

However I stayed on Ticketmaster for about a half an hour and at 10:30 am I got a floor ticket. Hopefully I'll get the radio presale for better ones.

RE: I'm Sick And Tired Of Scalpers

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I AM INCREDIBLY ANGRY TOO. I WAS ABLE TO GET TICKETS WITH THE REGULAR CODE BUT NOW WHEN I USE THE RED CODE NOTHING SHOWS UP EXCEPT FOR IF I WANT 1 SEAT AND IT WAS FLOOR. I ONLY WANTED TWO TICKETS. I WANTED FLOOR SO BADLY AND IF IT WASN'T FOR THOSE STUPID SCALPERS I WOULD'VE GOTTEN FLOOR. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I wish I knew the radio pre-sale:-( I live in another city that's the problem. I will try the general sale!!!! There is hope!!!!!

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Taylorswifty wrote:
    I wish I knew the radio pre-sale:-( I live in another city that's the problem. I will try the general sale!!!! There is hope!!!!!

Just google radio stations for the city that the concert is in. There were two seperate Charlotte radio stations that had the presale info on their webpages for the Charlotte concert. That's how I got our tickets.

RE: I'm Sick And Tired Of Scalpers

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM

The good news is no Fargo tix on Stubhub, but I see them on ebay and they'll probably spread to other sites. I reserved mine though so I don't have to stress out.
    Jennifer

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 2:36 PM

They should have Taylor trivia before you can purchase tickets. >.<

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:45 PM

SwiftieHipster95 wrote:
    They should have Taylor trivia before you can purchase tickets. >.<

This.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.