Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Ultimate Experience First 20 Rows vs. Pit

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 7:56 AM

I've been looking at the seating chart for this tour and noticed there is a Pit for this stage set up. Some venues list the Pit as General Admission.

So my question or notice is, with the Red Ultimate VIP Package, it seems like the First 20 Rows are not really the first 20 rows. They are the first 20 rows outside of the stage extension. So depending what row you are in, you will have a whole Pit full of people in front of you.

I hope to get a solid answer before the pre-sale for Newark. Another artist had the same exact kind of set up and the VIP Packages had all of the seats outside of the catwalk area. The Pit you had to win, which was standing only. Wanted to let everyone know that this may be the same thing. I will post when I get the final word on this. Unless someone can confirm.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Ultimate Experience First 20 Rows vs. Pit

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:00 AM

This is exactly why I don't get floor seats.. I always get the 100's.. just cause I can see 10x better!

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Oh wait I get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 9:10 AM

The pit right now seems to be shown in some venues, not in others. Some venues list pit tickets for sale (although I don't think anyone has been able to actually purchase them yet,) most don't. We didn't have a pit here during the Speak Now Tour and it doesn't show a pit (only a large oval catwalk) for this concert here either, so I can't comment definitively on how it works or its setup, although pits for most concerts are setup on either side of the main catwalk, are standing-only and some are contained via a surrounding catwalk, while others are left open. By the looks of Taylor's pit (from the venues I've seen it appear in) it looks like an enclosed pit, which would in fact mean the VIP seats are on the outside of the surrounding catwalk. This isn't really a BAD thing though, because when she was on the actual main stage, if you are in good seats, the people in the pit will be out of your line of sight of her and also she will use the surrounding catwalk at least some, again meaning the pit won't be a problem.

In general at Taylor's concerts, people "sitting" on the floor are never sitting anyways, so the pit really is no different than having some people in front of you. That doesn't make it any easier to take if you pay a lot of money to get great seats and then at times have more people blocking your view than you expected, but sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 9:24 AM

There aren't any rows in the pit, it's all standing room only. It seemed clear to be that the first 20 rows would be the first 20 rows of seats, though I can see why it might be a little misleading.

RE: Ultimate Experience First 20 Rows vs. Pit

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Thanks again for the replies.

I heard back from the people handling the Packages. As stated, None of the packages are in the Pit. They for the seats outside of the Pit area.

They said all tickets are being sold online, when I asked about Pit tickets.
    However I haven't see anything for Pit. Did anyone get Pit tickets through the Pre-Sale?

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I don't have a pit area in my venue, but I heard they will be adding a cat walk, and just list them as they have now.

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 4:46 PM

SwiftieHipster95 wrote:
    I don't have a pit area in my venue, but I heard they will be adding a cat walk, and just list them as they have now.

Maybe they will do that with my venue
    I don't think pit was for sale :(

I Spoke Now on September 27,2011
    Sep 27- I met some of the agency and dancers!!!
    BEST DAY EVER!
    I will be RED on June 2,2013(Floor seats! Sec FFF Row 8 Seats: 1 and 2

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 7:03 PM

pit is never for sale.. Andrea or someone from her team must give you pit tickets and it's usually to people who don't have the best seats!

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 6:18 PM

PIT WILL be on sale! they go onsale just like tickets do during presale, you just have to be lucky enough to get them! they can also be won through contests or you can be a really lucky person and a security guard/andrea/management will give them to you outside the venue/during the show!

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 6:20 PM

darn I got floor seats and I'm short
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE taylor swift!

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 4:01 PM

fearlessspeaknowred wrote:
    darn I got floor seats and I'm short
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE taylor swift!

Yeah me too, I got the Ultimate and ended up with 3rd row and I'm 5'3. But I got seat 3 so if she comes off the stage I can at least easily get out to hold her hand:) I did get an extra ticket for 100 level though, so maybe I'll switch off seats hahaha

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 4:09 PM

We were in the pit on the Speak Now tour in Edmonton. We got the tickets free, passed out by Taylor's staff outside the arena the day of the show!!!! From what you see on the chart, the PIT are standing room and are inside the oval. The stage is quite high and the people in the pit will definitely NOT be in your line of sight. It's almost as if they are hidden inside the pit!!! You can see the tops of their heads, but they will not obstruct your view if you are on the outside of the catwalk. That's the way it was on the Speak Now tour anyway. And by the way, the PIT experience was absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Lorisboo7 wrote:
    We were in the pit on the Speak Now tour in Edmonton. We got the tickets free, passed out by Taylor's staff outside the arena the day of the show!!!! From what you see on the chart, the PIT are standing room and are inside the oval. The stage is quite high and the people in the pit will definitely NOT be in your line of sight. It's almost as if they are hidden inside the pit!!! You can see the tops of their heads, but they will not obstruct your view if you are on the outside of the catwalk. That's the way it was on the Speak Now tour anyway. And by the way, the PIT experience was absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

The picture of the new pit confuses me! Are you trapped inside there? How do you get in and out? Lol

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Depends on the setup. Some venues like that are fully enclosed pits that you have to climb up and into, while others have doors through the outside catwalks that open and close. It is pretty much impossible to tell what sort of setup they will have until/unless they do a special on her concert or the first show that has a pit like that.

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Oh no! I bought the package but i am in row 8. Does that mean i wont be able to see her?

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.