Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sign construction

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 9:52 AM

So, I'm going to make a double-sided sign for the concert that I can hold up while my dad takes video. Or the other way around.

Anyway, I'm not gonna say what it says because it's my idea and I don't want anyone stealing it and yeahhhh. But I would like suggestions as to what to use to make it.

What kind of posterboard should I use? I don't wanna use paper because I'm gonna put lights on both sides, plus glitter and sparkles and stuff so I can get noticed.

But yeah, what's the best materials to use? Do you have any tips on making posters? : D

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Sign construction

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Go to an art supply store and look for foam core or cardboard. Its the same stuff people use for school projects. But, before you spend too much money, remember that if it isnt easily put away or folded, you probably wont be allowed to bring it in the arena, since it would interfere with other concert goers.
    See my Speak Now World tour photos taken over 3 nights in Melbourne, Australia.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/taylor_photos/1783981
    or
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/past_future_tours/1565461

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Douglas wrote:
    Go to an art supply store and look for foam core or cardboard. Its the same stuff people use for school projects. But, before you spend too much money, remember that if it isnt easily put away or folded, you probably wont be allowed to bring it in the arena, since it would interfere with other concert goers.
    See my Speak Now World tour photos taken over 3 nights in Melbourne, Australia.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/taylor_photos/1783981
    or
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/past_future_tours/1565461

Yeah definitely call your arena and get info on how big signs can be. I had to sneak my sign in to her speak now concert in Greensboro because they were saying they couldn't be larger than a certain size. I had the normal poster board kind so I folded it up and stuck in in my shirt!

RE: Sign construction

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 10:28 AM

If you're using the lights i think you will use, I think it'll only work on one side. Because if you poke the lights through, the wire threads in and out of the back. And if you were going to flip it over, and you wanted to put lights in the back, all the wires would be showing on both sides.

:/

For the poster itself, use a thick piece of something. It can be cardboard if you paint over it. Arts and crafts stores sell a kind of poster board that has something in the middle. You'll know because you can put your fingernail against the middle and on top of the poster board and it'll make an indent. And it's very sturdy, not flimsy
    I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Okay, let's say I didn't use lights.
    Instead, I used glow-in-the-dark duct tape and put sparkles and glow in the dark stickers all over it. I'll be fine with that.
    But what's the best material to use if I don't have lights? xD

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 10:54 AM

If you use lights, get a thick poster board so you can attach the battery pack to the back of the poster without the poster bending. I used 6 strings of lights on my poster last year and got a thicker poster board from Michael's (I think it was like 1/2in thick) and it worked really well! It'll be in the same spot all the other poster boards are :)

If you're not gonna use lights, just get regular poster board I guess! Really anything will work. You can still use the thicker kind for that though. Its a little more expensive (not much) but its way easier to hold. So that's probably your best bet!

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.