Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Ticketmaster........ more tickets ?

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:29 PM

So I've herd that Ticketmaster releases more tickets when the date of a concert gets closer, is this true ? If so about when do they relese more ? If anybody has ever gotten tickets that way please share with me your experince. Thanks

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Ticketmaster........ more tickets ?

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I think they do that, but my tickets for my state are just going on pre-sale tomorrow; I guess it depends where you live. :)

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I've gotten floor seats the day of the show before.

not for taylor, though.

RE: Ticketmaster........ more tickets ?

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:32 PM

It does happen sometimes, not all the time and not for every show. On the Speak Now Tour my best friend & I had bought pit tickets when they went on sale during the pre-sale. 1 Month before the concert my boyfriend and I had gotten together & he wanted to go too, it was "sold out", but 1 week before the concert more pit tickets were added to ticketmaster and he was able to go :) If we had regular seats this wouldn't of worked, but having pit tickets he was able to get a ticket last minute and be with me the entire concert :)
    Thank You Daya!

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM

thanks everyone and thats what ive herd that sometimes they give away more pit seats so im just going to try my best !

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:46 PM

it's definitely happened before. the justin bieber concert in vancouver sold out within a minute of going on sale back in may, and i was able to get a floor seat the day before the concert from ticketmaster. don't lose hope!

Fearless: April 11,2010
    Speak Now: September 10, 2011

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:54 PM

ForeverFearless28 wrote:
    it's definitely happened before. the justin bieber concert in vancouver sold out within a minute of going on sale back in may, and i was able to get a floor seat the day before the concert from ticketmaster. don't lose hope!

Fearless: April 11,2010
    Speak Now: September 10, 2011

ok, thanks i just have to keep my fingers crossed!

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM

DelawareSwiftieForever13 wrote:
    So I've herd that Ticketmaster releases more tickets when the date of a concert gets closer, is this true ? If so about when do they relese more ? If anybody has ever gotten tickets that way please share with me your experince. Thanks

I work at Ticketmaster. It's honestly the most random thing you'll ever see. And the only time I've seen it happen typically is day of show.
    Spoke Now in Edmonton 8/19/11
    Will be seeing Red in Vancouver: 6/29/13

Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 4:09 AM

MattBinYYC wrote:

I work at Ticketmaster. It's honestly the most random thing you'll ever see. And the only time I've seen it happen typically is day of show.
    Spoke Now in Edmonton 8/19/11
    Will be seeing Red in Vancouver: 6/29/13

Ok Thanks i guess I will just keep checking

Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:46 AM

It is not 100 percent guaranteed they will, but it does happen. Sometimes closer to the date they have a better idea of how much room the stage takes up and they will add more that way or they take VIP tickets that haven't sold or others that were being held for one reason or another and release those. It is a good option, but I wouldn't rely on that because it does not happen for every show.
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kxh3j4QDDb1qzl4vco1_500.jpg

Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Yeah, it's definitely true. This is how I get my concert tickets to every show that's an arena/stadium. It works in the bigger places, but like small venues, I wouldn't count on it; it doesn't always work.

For the past 2 Taylor tours, I got my tickets about 2 weeks before! If you leave the day of the show open on your agenda, you shouldn't have a problem. I usually just plan on going and get tickets somehow.. Haha.

Like recently for Justin bieber, 3 weeks before, I got 2nd row for my friends. Keep in mind, these seats were originally probably supposed to be VIP for 500$. The promoters set aside certain seats for people they know who end up not making it and the seating charts get finalized, that's how more tickets end up popping up.

I usually check every day. Then when we hit the one month point, a couple of times a day, increasing as we get closer. I've found a lot get released within the 2-3 week point, some even the night before/day of. As for times, it's usually 2-4 pm or 6-8pm, on the hour. There's no calling it, completely random!
    Usually these tickets are REALLY good ones too. I highly recommended it.
    5/12/2010
    8/6/2011

Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Thank you sooooo much that really helps me out because im trying to get tickets for the philly show at The Linc

Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Thank you sooooo much that really helps me out because im trying to get tickets for the philly show at The Linc

No problem! Yeah, I'm doing the same! I couldn't get anything closer than like 40th row with presale, so I'm waiting! Because I KNOW that they're going to release more at one point from now to then; we got a while! You just have to keep on checking!
    5/12/2010
    8/6/2011

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 3:34 AM

fearlesslyunbroken wrote:

No problem! Yeah, I'm doing the same! I couldn't get anything closer than like 40th row with presale, so I'm waiting! Because I KNOW that they're going to release more at one point from now to then; we got a while! You just have to keep on checking!
    5/12/2010
    8/6/2011

Yea for Speak Now I was in the back of the floor so I'm really trying to get PIt seats this tour! It also helps that im just under 6'0 ! lol

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Another thing to note is on March 21st the VIP tickets won't be sold anymore. So those over flow tickets they might sell after that.
    Thank you Sweetgirl & Daya!!!

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 8:32 AM

NomadsGirl4ever wrote:
    Another thing to note is on March 21st the VIP tickets won't be sold anymore. So those over flow tickets they might sell after that.
    Thank you Sweetgirl & Daya!!!

Good observation. Do you know if that's just for certain shows or how did you come up with that date?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kxh3j4QDDb1qzl4vco1_500.jpg

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:51 AM

FearlessDreamer09 wrote:
    It does happen sometimes, not all the time and not for every show. On the Speak Now Tour my best friend & I had bought pit tickets when they went on sale during the pre-sale. 1 Month before the concert my boyfriend and I had gotten together & he wanted to go too, it was "sold out", but 1 week before the concert more pit tickets were added to ticketmaster and he was able to go :) If we had regular seats this wouldn't of worked, but having pit tickets he was able to get a ticket last minute and be with me the entire concert :)
    Thank You Daya!

First of all you can't buy Pit tickets, those are given out to fans by Taylor's mgt team. I happen to get one when she was in Charlotte so if you bought a Pit Ticket, you got had. You have to have a bracelet and that has to be given to you. You can't purchase it.

Nov. 16th - Speak Now Tour - Charlotte, NC
    Thanks to LoveLoveLove for the signature.

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

FOLKS...PIT TICKETS ARE NOT SOLD FOR TAYLOR'S CONCERTS. YOU HAVE TO BE GIVEN THOSE. SO IF YOU ARE BUYING A PIT TICKET, YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED.

I was very lucky when Taylor performed in Charlotte I was in the pit but I had to have a bracelet and it was checked before I got in there by security. You can't just walk in there with a ticket.

Nov. 16th - Speak Now Tour - Charlotte, NC
    Thanks to LoveLoveLove for the signature.

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Really because on Ticketmaster it shows that you can buy "GA PIT" ?

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Not all venues have pits (or at least show/list/have tickets for purchase) while others do. It is really a matter of if you are lucky enough to live in a city that has both the pit and the tickets available for purchase or not. (There are probably a pretty limited number available regardless.)

Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 3:44 AM

DieHard wrote:
    Not all venues have pits (or at least show/list/have tickets for purchase) while others do. It is really a matter of if you are lucky enough to live in a city that has both the pit and the tickets available for purchase or not. (There are probably a pretty limited number available regardless.)

Thats what I though, I'm trying to get pit seats at a stadium show so I think it might be a little eaiser to get them there rather then in a arena

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.