1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

The Red Tour SHOULD Have Been Paperless Amongst other Suggestions

Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I know there wa another thread about this, but this your SHOULD have had more requirements/limits. Number 1 being that the tour should have been paperless. Paperless means that the venue scans your credit/debit card used to purchase the tickets to get you into the venue for the show. You DO get a paper receipt that prints for each seat after your card is swiped. They aren't the same as hard stock tickets, and I LOVE having my tickets as a souvenir, but I would rather not have a hard stock ticket and actually be able to go than not get any tickets at all because scalpers get them.

The other problem is that the Taylor Swift website makes it too easy for scalpers to sign up for email updates to access the Presale. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that Taylor doesn't charge us to join her website, but that is also part of the scalper problem during the taylorswift.com Presales.

Thirdly, there are no limits on where tickets to a particular Venue show can ship to. I know some of us like to go to multiple shows, however, the mileage should be limited. For example, if you want tickets to one of the Verizon center shows the billing and shipping addresses should be limited to MD, DC, VA, and PA. Anyone on the west coast shouldn't be able to purchase tickets to an east coast show.

Miley Cyrus went paperless for her first tour AFTER the Hannah/Miley bobw tour issues, and on top of going paperless, there were restrictions regarding who could purchase tickets based on your location/distance from the city the concert took place. Miley's fanclub also cost $35 a year, but Taylor doesn't charge her fans and I like that. However, consistent Taylor's popularity, she SHOULD put the paperless ticketing system and the distance restrictions in place for her tours. This SIGNIFICANTLY decreased the number of scalpers who got tickets. MOST of the tickets went to ACTUAL FANS at face value because of the paperless ticketing system and distance restrictions.

After being unable to get tickets via Ticketmaster for one of Taylor's tours for the first time since I have had access to the Presale for the fearless tour (my account disappeared and I had to re-create it), I think it's time for Taylor to change some things in regards to the ticketing system. I know she cares about her fans, so I hope she reads this.

I know I can't afford to pay a scalper, nor will I pay their greedy wallets. I support Taylor, not scalpers. So, I'll keep checking Ticketmaster, but I like having my tickets way in advance. So this is not going to be fun waiting in anticipation, just hoping more tickets are released. I know all of us have gotten frustrated over the ticket Presales, and I can't fix it but hopefully Taylor will take these ideas seriously for her next tour.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: The Red Tour SHOULD Have Been Paperless Amongst other Suggestions

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I am all for this except for the 3rd part. All that does is give a leg up on the scalpers for that area and i wouldnt have been able to see her final US performance for Speak Now in NY when i live in Seattle...

Re: The Red Tour SHOULD Have Been Paperless Amongst other Suggestions

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Bubbajoe wrote:
    I am all for this except for the 3rd part. All that does is give a leg up on the scalpers for that area and i wouldnt have been able to see her final US performance for Speak Now in NY when i live in Seattle...

Actually, it wouldn't give the scalpers one up, trust me. Going paperless in combination with distance limitations REALLY deterred scalpers. There were only like 10 listings of tickets on eBay for Miley Cyrus. I understand not wanting to miss a show that you are willing to travel further to, however, those of us who haven't been able to get tickets to our local shows because scalpers in other states bought them up disagree. I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to travel and see her, but the lack of limitations allows scalpers in CA and other west coast states to manipulate the tickets for my local show. So, something needs to be done. Ticketmaster owns stubhub, so that ALREADY works against anyone trying to get tickets. Paperless and distance limitations are the best way to control the scalping situation. Plus, I know I would be 100% willing to buy extra tickets for a fellow swiftie if they lived in another state and couldn't buy tickets because of distance limitations. This method worked VERY well with Miley Cyrus' concerts all over the country. As popular as Taylor is, these restrictions should be in place.

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 8:34 AM

I wonder if Taylor herself, is actually aware of these things that are going on or if she's kept in the dark and her management team is the only one truly aware. I'd like to think that Taylor is completely involved in her tours to the point that she realizes that this is happening, but if she was aware and wasn't doing anything about it... I'd be a bit disappointed.

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Actually Ticketmaster doesn't own Stubhub, eBay owns Stubhub. And it's not Stubhub the company who is buying the tickets, it's scalpers from all over the country who buy the tickets and then use Stubhub to list them. Some of the listings on Stubhub are from actual fans who need to sell their extra tickets.

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 9:22 AM

For paperless, do you have to go to the actual venue to buy your tickets?

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 9:23 AM

ashleeswift13 wrote:
    Actually Ticketmaster doesn't own Stubhub, eBay owns Stubhub. And it's not Stubhub the company who is buying the tickets, it's scalpers from all over the country who buy the tickets and then use Stubhub to list them. Some of the listings on Stubhub are from actual fans who need to sell their extra tickets.

Thanks for the info, I thought they were affiliated. But either way, Ticketmaster prompts scalping on their own site via "TicketExchange" there aren't any for Taylor, but they have them for other artists.

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 9:25 AM

dancinaroundallalone wrote:

No, you can purchase them via Ticketmaster. However, you need the credit/debit card used to purchase the tickets to gain entry to the venue on the day of the show. That's why paperless deters scalpers, it's a hassle to have to meet people to get them in... PLUS many venues require the purchaser to attend, unless a parent purchased tickets for their child or something like that. They also usually limit who can purchase tickets based on your location/distance from the venue city.

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 9:27 AM

speakingswiftly wrote:
    I wonder if Taylor herself, is actually aware of these things that are going on or if she's kept in the dark and her management team is the only one truly aware. I'd like to think that Taylor is completely involved in her tours to the point that she realizes that this is happening, but if she was aware and wasn't doing anything about it... I'd be a bit disappointed.

I wonder if she actually knows myself. I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if she knew and did nothing about it. At the same time, I have a hard time believing she doesn't know. Though, she may not know exactly HOW bad it is.

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 9:31 AM

CatchMyFault wrote:

No, you can purchase them via Ticketmaster. However, you need the credit/debit card used to purchase the tickets to gain entry to the venue on the day of the show. That's why paperless deters scalpers, it's a hassle to have to meet people to get them in... PLUS many venues require the purchaser to attend, unless a parent purchased tickets for their child or something like that. They also usually limit who can purchase tickets based on your location/distance from the venue city.

Oh, okay. That's a great idea, I would just hope they would let me buy tickets. Since I live 4 hours away, but I really wish she would have done this.

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I agree, it would mean that the dedicated Swifties don't have to pay through the nose to see her in person.

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 6:01 PM

CatchMyFault wrote:

Oh, okay. That's a great idea, I would just hope they would let me buy tickets. Since I live 4 hours away, but I really wish she would have done this.

I wish she would have done this too, I honestly can't believe she hasn't done it yet. I think enough of us swifties need to find a way to write to her about this, or some other way to make sure she will find out about it.

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Yeah, we need to get some kind of like, group petition or something! ^

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Clueless wrote:
    I agree, it would mean that the dedicated Swifties don't have to pay through the nose to see her in person.

Absolutely! Though, I always try to urge people NOT to pay a scalper. Buying tickets from a scalper does not support the artist/performer, it supports the scalpers wallets. I know I am holding out hope that more tickets will be released for both of her DC shows, Ticketmaster royally screwed me over this time around and now the seats I had are up on eBay for like $2,000+ I think.

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 6:06 PM

burningR3D wrote:
    Yeah, we need to get some kind of like, group petition or something! ^

I agree! There is actually a forum petition started already, though I kind of feel like maybe we need a paper petition and we can mail it out to one another, sign it, have our friends and families and as many swifties as possible sign it. Or maybe a digital petition? I'm not sure how to start one. But I think it needs to be done. I have no idea if she will actually read it, but I plan to write her a letter and send it go her official fanmail address.

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 6:14 PM

CatchMyFault wrote:

Also, as far as the tickets go, if the closest venue you can go to is 4 hours away, you shouldn't have an issue. HOWEVER, if you were to have a problem, I'm sure a fellow swiftie would help you get tickets. I know I would be happy to help a fellow swiftie get tickets to a show if they lived outside the distance restriction. As long as you are an actual fan, they usually won't stop you. The restricoons would be set in place to deter scalpers. It works surprisingly well, at least it did for Miley. It's also possible that the only restrictions would be that you would have to be able to travel, the main thing that needs to be done is a paperless ticketing system requiring the purchaser to attend the show, unless noted that tickets are for their child, friend, spouse, etc. and have their card swiped to gain entry. The paperless tickets really deter scalpers, because it's such a hassle to have to meet the buyer at the venue, have the venue swipe their card and get you in. It's complex, and most scalpers don't want to deal with it.

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 8:03 PM

CatchMyFault wrote:
    Bubbajoe wrote:

Actually, it wouldn't give the scalpers one up, trust me. Going paperless in combination with distance limitations REALLY deterred scalpers. There were only like 10 listings of tickets on eBay for Miley Cyrus. I understand not wanting to miss a show that you are willing to travel further to, however, those of us who haven't been able to get tickets to our local shows because scalpers in other states bought them up disagree. I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to travel and see her, but the lack of limitations allows scalpers in CA and other west coast states to manipulate the tickets for my local show. So, something needs to be done. Ticketmaster owns stubhub, so that ALREADY works against anyone trying to get tickets. Paperless and distance limitations are the best way to control the scalping situation. Plus, I know I would be 100% willing to buy extra tickets for a fellow swiftie if they lived in another state and couldn't buy tickets because of distance limitations. This method worked VERY well with Miley Cyrus' concerts all over the country. As popular as Taylor is, these restrictions should be in place.

ebay owns StubHub, not Ticketmaster. You are misinformed.

Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Maybe if will call pick up were required for our presale tickets that would reduce the amount of scalping, at least for us.
    Jennifer

Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 12:31 PM

i have to say i don't agree with you on most things, though it's terrible that scalpers can buy the tickets with the way she's doing it now making people pay for TaylorConnect doesn't say who is a REAL fan or not because there are actually tons of people who are you "REAL" fans but some of us just can not afford to pay 35 dollars a months for a fan club so i think it's great that Taylor makes this free so then what you call "REAL" fans can do join and try to get access to Taylor Swift tickets

Another thing i don't agree with is the location restrictions, i think if you want to see Taylor you should be able to go see her at concert you want, if your willing to drive a while then go ahead. you say it's not fair to people that live in that area but then if there were restrictions it would be unfair for people who don't have a venue anywhere near then, so if driving 6 hours is closest to them they should be able to try and go. Through Ticketmaster everyone has the same chances of getting tickets if they have the presale. i actually am going to the Foxboro show and i have to drive 6 hours but thats the closest venue to me i had to do that for her fearless tour too. i'm sure there a bunch of other people on TC too who also drive a number of hours to see Taylor.

while i understand that you might be angry if you didn't get tickets that should not be taken out on other swifties. i don't mean to starts and argument i just wanted to state my opinion.

[/

Siggy made by cerulean

[/ [url=http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc387/aliceinwonderland39/tumblr_m8rw7xevd51r5v48co1_500.gif]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc387/aliceinwonderland39/tumblr_m8rw7xevd51r5v48co1_500.gif[/url][/signature]

Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM

ashleeswift13 wrote:

This is true. My mom and I had an extra pair of tickets for the show in Sacramento that we were selling on StubHub.

Me/Trixie Swift/Me

Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM

The only issue I have with paperless, is I have to agree with J the mod. It becomes a problem with the younger fans.

everything made by me.