1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Buying tickets the week of concert?

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I think I'm gonna buy tickets the week or month of the concert because I know I'll get better seats. Is anyone else doing this? Hopefully (and I'm praying} that I can get pit passes through this. My friend did this for Speak Now and got them! So I hope I'm lucky.

made by iwasascarletletter

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Buying tickets the week of concert?

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I did that for one of the Speak Now shows I went to, I bought 2 days before and got 3rd row on the floor!
    You just have to check constantly because they release new seats at such random times. Good Luck!
    - Leah
    I was Fearless on 5/22/10
    I said Speak Now on 6/16/11
    I said Speak Now on 6/21/11

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:07 PM

If i dont get tickets during the presale i will definitely be trying this, but if not I will have to head to the death of my pocket book and go to stub hub, and pay horrible prices, just to see taylor!!! but hopefully i will get some during the public sale. on friday....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rachel ^^^ Avi Heather

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:08 PM

leahnightt wrote:
    I did that for one of the Speak Now shows I went to, I bought 2 days before and got 3rd row on the floor!
    You just have to check constantly because they release new seats at such random times. Good Luck!
    - Leah

Did you buy your tickets on ticketmaster? I was thinking about getting them on stubhub. Thanks!

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:12 PM

i did that on stubhub, day of for a lady a concert. pit passes for $30, can't beat that!

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:12 PM

essenceofspark13 wrote:
    leahnightt wrote:
    - Leah

Did you buy your tickets on ticketmaster? I was thinking about getting them on stubhub. Thanks!

i personally would wait on stub hub, to be honest but than you are taking a risk of maybe not getting what you want, but it depends on how picky you are of where you want to sit, i am extremely picky so it factors in. There are usually still tons of seats weeks before the concert sometimes even days before, because people hold out on buying from stubhub praying someone will drop their prices, but than you run into the fact that the tickets you might want wont be there, so its a toss up.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rachel ^^^ Avi Heather

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:24 PM

takeabreath wrote:
    i did that on stubhub, day of for a lady a concert. pit passes for $30, can't beat that!

is pit passes for certain shows?

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:59 PM

takeabreath wrote:

No way?! THAT'S AMAZING. What show did you go to?

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I've never tried that before! Does it work?

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM

knowing my luck, i wouldn't get any tickets if i did that. :/

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 6:42 AM

I wouldn't depend on this only... I know people who have waited and got nothing so I would also try stubhub and kijji cause scalpers do get desperate and lower their prices the day of the show sometimes cheaper then then the actual ticket! If worst comes to worst and you can't find anything I would keep trying the boxoffice :)

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Where can you buy them the week before the concert? On ticketmaster, or on other websites? Because i didn;t get tickets yesterday too, it all sold out :( Are other websites real or a scam? I really really want to go !

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 10:25 AM

ItsABeautifulDay13 wrote:
    takeabreath wrote:

is pit passes for certain shows?

depends on the venue whether or not they want to sell pit passes. for lady antebellum it wasn't a stadium, but a bigger outdoor venue so that's why they had pit. for arenas, i advise you to call ticketmaster and ask if they sell pit because they may not

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I am not that brave to wait the week before the concert. I have done stubhub with success before though.

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 11:05 AM

i considered doing the same but i feel like they wouldnt have any left or something would happen
    Nicole

Gotten so close to meeting Taylor at all 3 concerts and stood within feet of her!!!!
    Next Goal: Actually meet her, & take a picture!!!!

RE: Buying tickets the week of concert?

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 1:13 PM

That's my plan! I wait for every single concert I go to. You get such good seats if you wait.
    Patience is key! Haha.

Like this is going to sound really spoiled, but I try presales and if they're not close on the floor, I turn them down. I know they release floor that are incredible days before. Nothing beats the feeling and energy of being so close.
    5/12/2010
    8/6/2011

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 2:24 PM

fearlesstans wrote:
    I wouldn't depend on this only... I know people who have waited and got nothing so I would also try stubhub and kijji cause scalpers do get desperate and lower their prices the day of the show sometimes cheaper then then the actual ticket! If worst comes to worst and you can't find anything I would keep trying the boxoffice :)

Yup! I'm trying both ticketmaster and stubhub. I'm sure I'll get decent tix if I use this plan.

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 2:59 AM

I'm thinking of doing this! I couldn't get tickets for presale and I'm not feeling too hopeful about the general sale on Friday..and tickets are more expensive than Ticketmaster said they would be.
    So if tickets are gonna be expensive anyway, I'd rather wait 'til the month or month before the concert, and who knows maybe they'll drop the prices

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I might do this for one of my concerts...i have two good lower level seats that i got through presale, but now another one of my friends wants to go with us, so we're gonna try stubhub and see if we can sell the other tickets. Its risky though, i'm kind of nervous haha :/

Thanks to TaylorSwiftFan for the signature!

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 7:31 PM

if you get them from stubhub do they have the quick print option? Because I'm always worried about buying them last minute and not being able to get them from the seller.

Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I've bought tickets in the weeks leading up to the concert before. I've been able to get really good seats for Taylor concerts before because the venue released more tickets right before the concert. It can be a nerve wracking experience, not knowing if they'll release tickets and if you'll be able to go, but I've had good luck in the past. I hope it works out for you.

*signature made by glitterandsparklydresses