Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Show Based Pre-Sale Codes.

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I think that the pre-sale code should be show based and not area based. That way you dont have to guess what arena/stadium you would like to go to. When you are signing up for pre-sale codes, you have a list of all the shows, you can check off the venues you think you would like to go to and then get the codes for those shows as they become available.

I get that scalpers can get the codes like this too, but they get them anyway..... so why not just give us a chance to beat them to it. i dont know....
who agrees, show based pre-sale codes??

The thread was edited. Based on people's responses. : D

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: State Based Pre-Sale Codes.

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM

This will make everything easier for everyone.

RE: State Based Pre-Sale Codes.

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 1:01 PM

We don't have states so it wouldn't work here. Area codes work internationally.

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM

When do pre-sale tickets go up ? And is the pre-sale on Taylorconnect ?

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I think you should be able to sign up for what shows you want and then get sent the pre-sale code based on that. My friend and I are coming from Australia next year to go to lots of shows over 7 weeks all over the country so it's not like we can put one zip code or state down. And I know lots of people who do go to more than one show in more than one city/state anyway.

Sigs made by me, please don't steal :-)

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 1:35 PM

That's a good idea. It might need a bit of work because a lot of places don't have states (I'm in Canada, which makes it provinces), but I definitely get your point. The area they give us is just too small. A lot of us travel far because Taylor doesn't come anywhere near us and would like to be able to get presale too. And there are states Taylor doesn't tour in too. I think maybe just one presale code for TC or something might work better. Great idea!

^Credit to Brooker27
    Avatar credit to DancingAroundAllAlone

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Bianca wrote:
    I think you should be able to sign up for what shows you want and then get sent the pre-sale code based on that. My friend and I are coming from Australia next year to go to lots of shows over 7 weeks all over the country so it's not like we can put one zip code or state down. And I know lots of people who do go to more than one show in more than one city/state anyway.

Ooh, great idea! :)

^Credit to Brooker27
    Avatar credit to DancingAroundAllAlone

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I like area based. Cuz I'm in Connecticut, but at hour away from new York. I might wanna go to a Madison square concert, so I would want the Pre sale code for that.
    I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 3:14 PM

State based pre-sale codes is for US swifties only!

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Bianca wrote:

you do realize that the pre-sale code means you can pre-buy ANY tickets! That means you basically have to add one state, get the pre-sale code and then buy any tickets to all the shows in whatever state you would like. you're idea about the show thing is basically the same thing they have now..... you have to guess what shows you want to go to and enter the zip code.
    the state based thing is more like for people that are only going to one show in the state they are from and againg, it is for poeple on bigger states.

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Sarahhayes1313 wrote:
    I like area based. Cuz I'm in Connecticut, but at hour away from new York. I might wanna go to a Madison square concert, so I would want the Pre sale code for that.

That's exactly what i mean... they ask for YOUR zip code and if they are no shows "around your area" you dont get a notice. We might as well, just have it for the state we DO live in and get shows for that state. This state based pre-sale code idea is mostly for the larger states that have to travel well over 3 hours to get to the nearest arena or something.East coast states are so tiny, it really doesnt matter.

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I agree that it shouldn't go by zip code. But I think Bianca's idea -- signing up for the show you want -- is a better idea. I don't think yours is bad but hers is the most specific. Who cares about location? It'd be so much easier if we could choose the arena we want! :)
    Thanks to all who voted for my Sony entry!!

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 9:49 PM

i went to the speak now tour, but i wasn't part of taylor connect then so i didn't get presale tickets.
    i got a presale code for justin bieber's believe tour, and the way they did it was everyone got their own code that you could use for 10 (i think) tickets per show.
    can someone please explain to me how the codes for taylor worked last time? :)
    I spoke now on August 10th, 2011 :)

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 3:27 AM

SFA13 wrote:
    I agree that it shouldn't go by zip code. But I think Bianca's idea -- signing up for the show you want -- is a better idea. I don't think yours is bad but hers is the most specific. Who cares about location? It'd be so much easier if we could choose the arena we want! :)

I still think state based is better because bianca said she was going to go to multiple show i multiple states. If the person knows what state they are going to then they have access to all the state arenas and stadiums and can choose from there. basically the same thing.. only thtat it saves time.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:54 AM

ArieTSA wrote:
    you do realize that the pre-sale code means you can pre-buy ANY tickets! That means you basically have to add one state, get the pre-sale code and then buy any tickets to all the shows in whatever state you would like. you're idea about the show thing is basically the same thing they have now..... you have to guess what shows you want to go to and enter the zip code.
    the state based thing is more like for people that are only going to one show in the state they are from and againg, it is for poeple on bigger states.

Well since I've never bought tickets here or used the US pre-sale codes, how would I know exactly how it works..? For the Australian tour we didn't even get real TC pre-sale codes, it was connected to having an AMEX credit card so not even everyone could use it!

If your idea works best just for people wanting to go to one show in one state, then why can't they just sign up to the show that they want in that state? Or if the issue is just that your zip code is too far away from any of the venues and you do know which one you want, you would just find the zip code of that venue and put that in?

We already have the events page set up now with a way to check into them or whatever they call it and if they add all the dates to that then you just check in to all the ones you're thinking of going to? I mean this would be most beneficial if there were separate pre-sale codes for the different venues or the different states, but if there's just one pre-sale code for the whole country then changing it to state-based doesn't really make any difference either.

Sigs made by me, please don't steal :-)

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I'm not getting my tickets on here.. you don't get good seats via TC.. so I'd rather get them else where.

11/4/10 - Much Music
    7/16/11 - Speak Now Tour
    9/10/12 - Much Music

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:42 PM

so if you have a TC account, do you get to presale tickets?

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 7:18 PM

is anyone from Canada having trouble filling out the presale code? Its wanting me to enter a zipcode (5 characters) but we have postal codes(6characters) and it wont go past that page. Im from toronto and need the code!
    Help please?

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 7:34 PM

ArieTSA wrote:
    Bianca wrote:

Actually, the pre-sale code doesn't work like that. You put in your zip code, and they send you the pre-sale code the night before that show goes on sale. The pre-sale code is specific to that show/arena, and cannot be used to buy tickets for other shows. For example, the code I got for Buffalo last tour wasn't the same as the codes for other shows.
    I agree that the system should be changed so we can choose the shows we want and get the codes for those, but I know last tour people just set up different e-mail accounts for each show, and put in the venue zip code for each e-mail. Pain in the rear, but effective.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 7:51 PM

ArieTSA wrote:
    I think that the pre-sale code should be state based and not area based. that way you dont have to guess what arena you would like to go to, you would just get the code based on your state. Having area based pre-sale codes only works for the smaller states, but not so much for people in bigger states.

who agrees, state based pre-sale codes??

State based pre-sale codes is for US swifties only!

i got it! pre-sale coeds can be state based and multi state based. That way you can get codes for the state you live in...... which would include all the arenas and stadiums in your state. AND.... it can have a multi-state for peopel that A) live in smaller states... and B) for peopel tht will go to more than one show in more thatn one state.

Here's what you do:
    When it asks for your zip code, enter the zipcode of where the venue is that you want to go to. If you want to go to multiple shows, sign-up again with another email account and use the zipcode for the second venue. Then link/connect the two email accounts so that the emails from one get forwarded to the other one, so you can have all your emails in one account.

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM

UGH! It's a nightmare deciding where to go for the concert.... it should just be stae based. so if you live in that state, you get the code.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.