1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Anyone once in the Pit?!?!

Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I've always wondered what it was like to have pit tickets? Has anyone ever sat in the pit? Does anyone want to?
If you did how early did you get there? Was there any exciting moments for you? What was it like overall.
In an upcoming concert I would love to sit in the pit. It seems really cool.
-April

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: Anyone once in the Pit?!?!

Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Honestly. It depends.

If it's arena show (one where you must be invited to be in the pit) I'm sure the experiance would be awesome. However, I was in the pit at one of her stadium shows on the Speak Now Tour at Cowboy's Stadium, a show where you could buy tickets to be in the pit. It was the best experience of my life thus far, don't get me wrong. However, I got there at 5 AM and was the first in line for the left side of the pit. People kept trying to cut in line, and that was not fun. Plus I got mobbed when they let us in. I was the first one in the pit and was close to the stage. However, there was probably around 1500 people in the pit all together, and I was crushed and smooshed up against the barricade the whole time. Once I was in the pit, I was in there, because there was no getting out. However, I was within inches of Charity, Liz and Claire when they were in the pit ,and even got to meet one of the opening acts, Charlie Worsham. Even though I was literally a foot away from Taylor the whole time, I don't think I'd buy tickets to be in a pit of that size again. The experience of being in the pit at a stadium show was one that I won't take for granted. It's kind of one of those one time things, and next time I will be getting floor seats at the front instead. It all just depends on the situation.

Re: Anyone once in the Pit?!?!

Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I've been in the pit at an arena show (as in the part between the T and the stage where you have to win or be chosen for passes) and it's INCREDIBLE. When Taylor's out on the T you're mostly looking at her back, and like... in Dear John, you can't really watch both the fireworks and Taylor, etc... But it's crazy insane being so close!
    If by pit, you just mean floor area, like where there are seats - in Australia we had a GA Pit Floor - and we lined up from like 7 or 8 AM each day we had GA Pit, and in the end, on the first day I was in GA, I went up near where the B-Stage was, so I didn't suffocate, but on the day after that I was front row. I got pushed against the barrier, and I had bruises the next day, and I almost fainted because it was crazy in there... But I'd do it all again in a heartbeat...

Jess || Australia
    Spoke to Taylor on the phone on 16 February 2012
    Met Taylor on 12 March 2012
    Held Taylor's hand on 13 March 2012

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I had pit at my last Taylor concert it was amazing! I wrote a blog about it on here so if you go to my profile you can read about :) At some shows if you got there early enough you got pit passes but at my concert in June, they WERE going to give us pit but the stupid arena messed up the size of the stage and there was about 24 people who bought tickets in the first 5 rows on the floor but they didnt have room for them so all the pit passes went to them. At that show i got there at 11 AM. At the show i got pit, I got there at 12 but everyone got kicked out of the parking lot (you can read about it in the blog) but the reason i got pit was because i was a Covergirl Look Contest Winner so I won tickets to the show and when i picked the tickets up from will call they were normal seats but when everyone met up with the lady in charge to go get our makeovers, she surprised us with pit :)
    Follow me on twitter: @HayesNation
    Swiftie Since 2006
    Check out Hunter Hayes! :)

Credit: TheThirteenthFan/Swiftastic13

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I've never been in the pit, but it would be cool to be so close to Taylor and the agency!

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I haven't been pit for Taylor's show but I have been for other artists. It's definitely an experience. It's fun if you are right at the stage, but you have to get there right when doors open for that!

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 1:16 PM

i got really close to her small stage. It was crazy, thankfully im a small person and could avoid injuries.
    When i got to meet her later, i told her how crazy and dangerous it was, and she apologized " i'm so sorry people get like that"

Credit: KIKI

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I got pit tickets during the Fearless tour and it was one of the most amazing experiences. I got to the venue around 10am and then around 3pm someone came out and gave the 20ish of us waiting outside pit passes! Being that close is probably the coolest thing ever :)

5.23.09 • 4.10.10 • 8.9.11 • 8.10.11

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I got pit for the speak now tour from the Covergirl Contest. It was fabulous. We got to hang out with the dancer before, I caught a guitar pick, and Taylor shook my hand and my best friends hands. and it was the night Darius Rucker came out and m best friend and I are HUGE fans of him so that made it even better :) It's definitely something I think every fan should experience if the can.

Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I got Pit passes during the Speak Now Tour in Perth, Australia! I lined up at 7am on the day :)
    It was such a shock to recieve the passes, and it was such an amazing experience, being so close to it all is seriously incredible!! I liked the fact there wasnt as many people, because general admission looked crazy and dangerous! Another awesome thing about the pit was that the dancers were coming out from backstage into our pit area and dancing right next to us while the support act was on! :)

MARCH 2nd, 2012 was amazing.

Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 7:04 AM

I had pit seats when I went to see her in P.E.I. The whole concert was general admission, but there were 2 sections: a place to have lawn chairs, and a place to only stand. My sister and I got there about an hour before doors opened and sprinted to get as close as possible. There ended up being only one person's shoulder blocking me from the dead front! The pit is such an incredible experience! You feel like you're in this little world with just Tay and you!

Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Got the upgrade & backstage pre-show experience from J (Jordan) last year. Got the e-mail the day before the show so I had to pick everything up at will call. While most people were walking around, buying shirts, finding their seat, getting food, etc we were being led down to the T-Party & photo booth area to meet her! After the picture was taken and we were given our card to find it online we went back out to the seating area, gave our original floor tickets to some people in the last/top row of the lowers that had a very little girl with them (cuz we would've sat near the little stage on the floor).

Then we simply made our way to pit and entered just as the first act was coming on. You get an arm band when you're in the pit, and we also had our meet & greet arm bands on. I wore them all the way home because I wanted to save them with the fake snow & confetti for my Taylor book. I'm a full grown adult but only 5'4" and the stage was just slightly higher than my head. I had to look up a lot but you get to look out at the crowd and see what Taylor's gonna see & wave at random people from pit like we did haha!

Liz Huett bent down & shook our hands. And Taylor totally looked at us when she sang "Enchanted to meet you".

If you have a camera that doesn't zoom a lot you can take better pics. I splurged to get one with 20x zoom and omg my photos!

Jennifer

RE: Re: Anyone once in the Pit?!?!

Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Swift Sorority wrote:
    Got the upgrade & backstage pre-show experience from J (Jordan) last year. Got the e-mail the day before the show so I had to pick everything up at will call. While most people were walking around, buying shirts, finding their seat, getting food, etc we were being led down to the T-Party & photo booth area to meet her! After the picture was taken and we were given our card to find it online we went back out to the seating area, gave our original floor tickets to some people in the last/top row of the lowers that had a very little girl with them (cuz we would've sat near the little stage on the floor).

Then we simply made our way to pit and entered just as the first act was coming on. You get an arm band when you're in the pit, and we also had our meet & greet arm bands on. I wore them all the way home because I wanted to save them with the fake snow & confetti for my Taylor book. I'm a full grown adult but only 5'4" and the stage was just slightly higher than my head. I had to look up a lot but you get to look out at the crowd and see what Taylor's gonna see & wave at random people from pit like we did haha!

Liz Huett bent down & shook our hands. And Taylor totally looked at us when she sang "Enchanted to meet you".

If you have a camera that doesn't zoom a lot you can take better pics. I splurged to get one with 20x zoom and omg my photos!

Jennifer

Thats the most amazing story every! and J. just hooked you up with all thoose passes. Your one lucky girl! I hope someday something that enchanting will happen to me!

Both By: TanyaxOh Avi

Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I was lucky enough to win Pit Passes for Taylor's Perth show (Australia) from the Covergirl Competition. I just have to say that I had the most fun, craziest time in their!! It was the most mindblowing experience - being so close to Taylor, the dancers and the stage just made me feel soo much apart of the concert! The good thing about it was that in the left side of the pit (the side I was in) there were actually not many people in it at all which was really good because we were actually in the Pit for a long time after the Meet and Greet so we could sit down. (and calm down). I found it really hard to focus on both the stage and Taylor because I was starring at Taylor's back the entire time but that's Ok (she's beautiful from behind aswell.). When the fireworks went off in Dear John I actually had the biggest fright of my life because all I heard was this massive boom behind me and only a bit of the fireworks hahahah :)

I definately felt much safer in the pit than in the GA standing section behind because there were all these girls fainting and I was always getting told to move so that the security could come and lift them out and take them to the paramedics!!

Another great part about the pit was that during Speak Now, Clare actually came through where we were standing in her wedding dress and went on the stage via the stairs next to us!!! And of course Taylor walked straight past us and touched our hands before going up those same stairs. Oh and Grant bent down and touched my sister and I's hand , gave me his guitar pick and my friend got Paul's guitar pick!!

The only problem I had was that I am a really short person and when Taylor was singing "Ours' the cameraman was standing right in front of me so I couldn't actully see the whole of Taylor which was really annoying. I think she could tell because I was jumping up and down trying to see and Taylor looked straight at me and smiled . I was lucky enough to get a picture of that!!

"I didn't think you could be any better, I didn't think I could love you more but I do" - Taylor Swift (to her Perth fans)

Forever and Always a proud Perth Swiftie

I SPOKE NOW March 2nd 2012

Taylor called me beautiful and adorable March 2nd 2012

Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Outbackswiftie13 wrote:
    I was lucky enough to win Pit Passes for Taylor's Perth show (Australia) from the Covergirl Competition. I just have to say that I had the most fun, craziest time in their!! It was the most mindblowing experience - being so close to Taylor, the dancers and the stage just made me feel soo much apart of the concert! The good thing about it was that in the left side of the pit (the side I was in) there were actually not many people in it at all which was really good because we were actually in the Pit for a long time after the Meet and Greet so we could sit down. (and calm down). I found it really hard to focus on both the stage and Taylor because I was starring at Taylor's back the entire time but that's Ok (she's beautiful from behind aswell.). When the fireworks went off in Dear John I actually had the biggest fright of my life because all I heard was this massive boom behind me and only a bit of the fireworks hahahah :)

I definately felt much safer in the pit than in the GA standing section behind because there were all these girls fainting and I was always getting told to move so that the security could come and lift them out and take them to the paramedics!!

Another great part about the pit was that during Speak Now, Clare actually came through where we were standing in her wedding dress and went on the stage via the stairs next to us!!! And of course Taylor walked straight past us and touched our hands before going up those same stairs. Oh and Grant bent down and touched my sister and I's hand , gave me his guitar pick and my friend got Paul's guitar pick!!

The only problem I had was that I am a really short person and when Taylor was singing "Ours' the cameraman was standing right in front of me so I couldn't actully see the whole of Taylor which was really annoying. I think she could tell because I was jumping up and down trying to see and Taylor looked straight at me and smiled . I was lucky enough to get a picture of that!!

"I didn't think you could be any better, I didn't think I could love you more but I do" - Taylor Swift (to her Perth fans)

Forever and Always a proud Perth Swiftie

I SPOKE NOW March 2nd 2012

Taylor called me beautiful and adorable March 2nd 2012

hahaha, I was in Left pit as well at the Perth Show!! Such a good experience!! :)

MARCH 2nd, 2012 was amazing.

Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Not me.... but for the fearless tour I was just a few rows back, and dead center(:

Love, Love, Love
    -M-

Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM

i was in the mosh pit! it was amazing best night of my life. i got some awesome fotos and i even got to hi five taylor!!!

Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM

no i havent been in the mosh but i was standing and i was sooooo close to touching her hand!
    I SPOKE NOW 10TH MARCH 2012

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I was in the pit on Nov. 13, 2011. Jordan also gave me the m&g's and pit passes. It was such an amazing experience! I got there while the first opening act was already on after having just met her, so I didn't get all the way to the front of the pit. I was probably about only 4'9 or 4'10 around that time and I definitely had to look up but I could see everything clearly so it was fine! I saw a video on youtube that someone posted and you can see my camera, but not me haha. It was so fun. Confetti fell on me and The Agency kept looking at me! Such an unforgettable experience!

Signature above by Heather.

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I was insanely lucky enough to get pit passes from winning the Cover Girl contest they held during the Speak Now tour. Originally, our seats were going to be floor seats, but really awesome & up close. But, then Brittany (a lady who works for Taylor) surprised us all with pit passes! I was FREAKING OUT! :) She gave us all wrist bands to put on. I still have mine saved along with the confetti that fell to the ground. :D It was seriously one of the greatest experiences of my life & I will never, ever forget it! I am so thankful for everything! I hope one day those of you who haven't gotten the pit & want to, will get it! You will seriously love being that close to Taylor & The Agency! Liz even reached out & grabbed my hand! It was awesome! She also pointed right at my poster & pointed at her picture on it! She touched my poster! :) (I had a picture of Taylor with all The Agency on it.) It was definitely magical! I was also able to touch Taylor's arm as she walked down the stairs to get to the mini stage by the tree. :) One day I truly hope I can meet Taylor! I hope a lot of other Swifties will get that chance too. :)

Credit to TheEnchantedGarden! :)

Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I've always wondered what it was like to have pit tickets? Has anyone ever sat in the pit? Does anyone want to?

Cuisine sur mesure