Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

The Club Red / T-Party FAQ

Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM Popular Sticky

On the old TC we used to have a thread all about the T-Party and how it works. I appreciate that a lot of fans now know about it but there are still a lot of questions that are asked regarding it and I thought it would be good to set up a replacement thread.

EDIT 14/03/2013 - To reflect the recent name change to the T-Party, this thread has now been renamed the Club Red / T-Party FAQ

What is the T-Party?

The T-party is basically an after concert gathering that Taylor has after her shows. Not every show has a T-party but on the Fearless tour and the Speak Now tour they occured regularly. Fans who have been to see the concert are picked to go backstage and meet Taylor as well as look around the T-Party room and meet her band.

Club Red was the new name for the T-Party on the Red Tour however the concept stayed the same as above.

How do I get invited to the T-Party?

Taylor's staff look out for fans to invite during the concert, you may be invited because you have an incredible sign, wild dance moves, a great outfit or you may just look like the sort of person who wants to meet Taylor! Her staff look out for a wide variety of people to invite and no one can say for sure who will be invited other than her staff.

A staff member goes over to potential T-Party Swifties and asks if they have ever met Taylor before. If they say no, they are then invited and given a wristband to wear to allow access. They are also told which section of the arena to meet at once the show has ended.

For Club Red the requirement to be a fan that hasn't met Taylor before has been removed, possibly because Taylor has met a lot of her fans in the years since she first released Tim McGraw.

Any tips for getting an invite?

The best thing to do is enjoy yourself at the show and forget as much as you can about the T-Party. If you look natural and have lots of fun you may just feel that magic tap on your shoulder!

Do I have to be sat at the back of the arena to be picked to T-Party?

No, there have been stories of people all over the arena getting invited, even in the pit! It's possible to get an invite wherever you're sat, however you might find it harder to get noticed if you have seats near to the front of the stage. When it comes to Taylor though, anything is possible.

I have pit passes, can I be invited to Club Red?

It is a very rare occurence for fans to be picked from the pit to go to Club Red however pit passes should not be considered "bad tickets" because of this. You'll have a great view of the show from where you're located and be able to experience the show in a way that not many people get the chance to.

I've met Taylor before, does that mean I won't be invited?

Some of the people who have been invited on this tour have met Taylor before and have still recieved an invite. It seems that her staff don't always ask this question any more and don't have a problem with fans meeting Taylor again.

What can I do in the T-Party room while I'm waiting to meet Taylor?

No party is complete without food! There are snacks laid out so it's the perfect opportunity to sample some Fearless Pizza :) Members of her band and her mom have been known to show up to chat and there's plenty of time to take pictures of the amazing T-Party room :) There's also a TV and personal pictures belonging to Taylor to look at. New for the Red Tour is the photobooth, where you and your friends can go and take pictures. Taylor has occasionally been known to visit the photobooth with fans too!

I heard that someone got to visit the T-Party room BEFORE the show. How did that happen?

Sometimes pre show Meet and Greets are also held in the T-Party room, however this is a different set up to the T-Party itself as fans are usually competition winners.

Was there a T-Party during the Red tour?

The T-Party was known as "Club Red" during the Red tour. As well as Taylor showing up to Club Red, Ed Sheeran was now a regular visitor during the US leg of the tour.

Will there be a T-Party during the 1989 tour? What will it be called?

We won't know for sure until the tour begins.

Will there be a T-Party at my concert?

There isn't a T-Party every night and while there are a number of factors that can allow us to guess when there may or may not be a T-Party (such as travel arrangements to the next city, moving the set and Taylor's health), the T-Party is a gift to fans, not a right. There are no particular nights on the tour that Taylor MUST hold a T-Party and the only way to know if there is one is to look during the show for people being invited or to look out for stories of people being invited after the show.

I hope that helps, if anyone has anything to add or any questions please post :)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: The Club Red / T-Party FAQ

Fri, May 23, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Too bad that we won't have any club red picked by mama swift! :(

PS: can you guys help me to win the Meet&Greet pass for RED TOUR JAKARTA by liking my picture on INSTAGRAM?
    My instagram: @nerissarahadian and please do like my two last pictures there! ONE LIKE MEANS A LOT TO ME.

Re: The Club Red / T-Party FAQ

Mon, May 26, 2014 at 4:00 PM

arahadianthi13 wrote:
    Too bad that we won't have any club red picked by mama swift! :(

PS: can you guys help me to win the Meet&Greet pass for RED TOUR JAKARTA by liking my picture on INSTAGRAM?
    My instagram: @nerissarahadian and please do like my two last pictures there! ONE LIKE MEANS A LOT TO ME.

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't have a Club Red :)

24/11/2009 | 29/03/2011 | 02/02/2014 | 04/02/2014 | 07/02/2014

Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 1:24 AM

I would love to get picked for T-Party/Club Red...but I never was. Does age matter? Im the same Age as Taylor, but when I see pics there are normally younger fans

Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Sayuri Hutcherson wrote:
    I would love to get picked for T-Party/Club Red...but I never was. Does age matter? Im the same Age as Taylor, but when I see pics there are normally younger fans

Enthusiasm is what counts the most, it is usually younger fans but if you embrace your youthful side for a night then I'm sure they won't discount you based on your age.

Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 5:22 PM

A small update to the original post as I imagine this will be the next major question that everyone wants to know the answer to!

Clueless wrote:
    Will there be a T-Party during her next tour? What will it be called?

We won't know for sure until the tour begins.

Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Is it true that Taylor only picks familiar faces for these? I've seen a couple people who've been picked for both 'The T-Party' and 'Club Red' more than once and it's somewhat discouraging to the people who have never been picked to go to either but have done just as much (or more) than the people who are picked. I'm not really talking about personal experience or anything, but there are other people on here that have talked about it.

Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 5:38 PM

greaserswift wrote:
    Is it true that Taylor only picks familiar faces for these? I've seen a couple people who've been picked for both 'The T-Party' and 'Club Red' more than once and it's somewhat discouraging to the people who have never been picked to go to either but have done just as much (or more) than the people who are picked. I'm not really talking about personal experience or anything, but there are other people on here that have talked about it.

Not at all, I think it's fair to say that the people who have got in before know what they need to do to get in again but it's all a big guessing game as to whether it will actually work or not because there are so many people who want the same thing that it isn't the same magic formula it was in the early days.

I can only think of a handful of examples where people have been to the T-Party / Club Red more than once. Most of them are the people who were invited to the Club Red of the last show, which didn't follow the normal rules of Club Red. For the last Club Red in the US Taylor's management invited some fans before the show online. These people included fans who had followed the tour to several shows, fans who have been loyal to Taylor for many years, fans who had flown from other countries...basically there was a range of people, with some who hadn't ever met her before. The other half were invited during the show as per usual.

There are two people I remember from the London part of the tour too as being in Club Red twice. I had a whole paragraph written up to explain their stories but basically the long and the short of it is yes, sometimes people get to go to the T-Party / Club Red twice. It's not (usually) designed to reunite Taylor with fans she's met before but if they stand out in the crowd along with everyone else then they sometimes do go again. They don't get any kind of priority pass though on a normal show night (the last Club Red in the US being the exception to this rule).

Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Clueless wrote:
    greaserswift wrote:

Not at all, I think it's fair to say that the people who have got in before know what they need to do to get in again but it's all a big guessing game as to whether it will actually work or not because there are so many people who want the same thing that it isn't the same magic formula it was in the early days.

I can only think of a handful of examples where people have been to the T-Party / Club Red more than once. Most of them are the people who were invited to the Club Red of the last show, which didn't follow the normal rules of Club Red. For the last Club Red in the US Taylor's management invited some fans before the show online. These people included fans who had followed the tour to several shows, fans who have been loyal to Taylor for many years, fans who had flown from other countries...basically there was a range of people, with some who hadn't ever met her before. The other half were invited during the show as per usual.

There are two people I remember from the London part of the tour too as being in Club Red twice. I had a whole paragraph written up to explain their stories but basically the long and the short of it is yes, sometimes people get to go to the T-Party / Club Red twice. It's not (usually) designed to reunite Taylor with fans she's met before but if they stand out in the crowd along with everyone else then they sometimes do go again. They don't get any kind of priority pass though on a normal show night (the last Club Red in the US being the exception to this rule).

Oh, okay. Well thank you very much for clearing this up!

Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 5:48 PM

greaserswift wrote:
    Clueless wrote:
    greaserswift wrote:

Oh, okay. Well thank you very much for clearing this up!

No problem, there's still hope for us both yet! Sorry for the mega history haha, it's just in case someone else reading this comes along and doesn't know as much as we do. I don't want them to get lost.

Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 3:06 AM

AWESome
    Forever Swifty..

Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 6:39 AM

I can't wait for this tour! I can't wait to start designing my costumes!! Maybe this year I will get Club Red/T-Party/ whatever it's called this time!!

SwiftieForever13 + FearlessForever

Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 6:56 AM

TaylorSwiftIs1 wrote:
    I can't wait for this tour! I can't wait to start designing my costumes!! Maybe this year I will get Club Red/T-Party/ whatever it's called this time!!

Good luck! It's so much fun getting prepared for the concert too, the people who don't dress up / make things don't know what they're missing!

Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Clueless wrote:
    TaylorSwiftIs1 wrote:

Good luck! It's so much fun getting prepared for the concert too, the people who don't dress up / make things don't know what they're missing!

YES!!!!!!! I love getting dressed up! It is sooo much fun! I don't understand how people don't dress up! Part of the fun is making my outfit and poster!

Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I have NEVER been to a concert before, and have been holding back because I want to see Taylor for my first concert.
    HELP SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE LIVESTREAM! POST THE PICTURES ON MY PROFILE TO...EVERYTHING!
    Check out my songbook: http://taylorswift.com/users/taylorsuperstar13/blogs/5977972
    Check out my songwriting contest: http://taylorswift.com/users/taylorsupersta

Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Thanks for making this. I now understand more about the T-Party and Club Red. :) Also, on The Red Tour, Club Red passes were only given to people on the floor.

Visit my Graphic Shop?

I'll just leave you with that cute GIF of Tay.

Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 3:12 PM

TayTayAlisonSwiftie13 wrote:
    Thanks for making this. I now understand more about the T-Party and Club Red. :) Also, on The Red Tour, Club Red passes were only given to people on the floor.

Visit my Graphic Shop?

I don't think that was true. Typically she tries to avoid giving it to people that were on the floor and focuses on higher levels that didn't get to enjoy the show up close.

Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 5:22 PM

ZElzn wrote:
    TayTayAlisonSwiftie13 wrote:

Visit my Graphic Shop?

I don't think that was true. Typically she tries to avoid giving it to people that were on the floor and focuses on higher levels that didn't get to enjoy the show up close.

The people further back tended to be offered a better spot to watch the show from (front row or the B-stage) but I'm not convinced that Club Red went exclusively to people on the floor. I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of groups getting picked from the lower levels at the show I went to, I don't think they'd ever turn someone away for Club Red purely due to their location.

Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 5:22 PM

ETASWIFTIE1303 wrote:
    I have NEVER been to a concert before, and have been holding back because I want to see Taylor for my first concert.
    HELP SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE LIVESTREAM! POST THE PICTURES ON MY PROFILE TO...EVERYTHING!
    Check out my songbook: http://taylorswift.com/users/taylorsuperstar13/blogs/5977972
    Check out my songwriting contest: http://taylorswift.com/users/taylorsupersta

I hope you get to go soon, her show is amazing!

Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 9:37 PM

I wonder if, now that she's giving out m&g passes, she'll still have something like the t-party and club red o: hmmmm! I hope she does! ):
    Be a nut.
    -brooke

Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 3:48 AM

Wow!!

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.