Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

How do i get over my fear of snakes

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Please help me ;( I have had this fear since i dont know,i remember when i was at the zoo i saw a huge python eating a rabbit and i think thats how it developed.I get so terrified! When i type in how do i get over my fear of snakes there is always this huge picture of a snake which makes me so scared.So after that my imagination takes over and 1/ is saying of course its not going to happen but the rest is saying what if its under my bed what if its gonna pounce at me.I later on get scared to even go into my own room alone or have a shower.And whenever i close my eyes i just have these horrible visions of snakes that i cant get out of my head.But thats not the worst part the worst part is night time,even though i get all my toys next to me and my Taylor cds and go under the blankets,the minute i turn of the lights i get so scared.Because i cant see anything.It would be so great if you Swifties could help over come my fear of snakes.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT GO AND POST A PICTURE OF SNAKES HERE I WILL GET REALLY SCARED -Thank you
By Topaz her graphic shop http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2263772/page/17?h=l

http://gickr[/signature]

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: How do i get over my fear of snakes

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Hi! Have you talked to your parents? This could be a phobia and require a psychologist's attention. Snakes aren't that bad! I was a little scared of snakes too, but I went to the zoo and the zookeeper let me hold one of the snakes ( if was a pretty small one ). They're very soft and pretty! And snakes don't usually attack people! It's just a stereotype! Of course, if you attack it, it will attack back. But most of them are harmless.
    Maybe you should try to look at photos with snakes. Maybe you won't be that scared after that. Trust me: there's no reason to be scared.

^Made by cofeeallalone_x

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:02 AM

TaniaC wrote:
    Hi! Have you talked to your parents? This could be a phobia and require a psychologist's attention. Snakes aren't that bad! I was a little scared of snakes too, but I went to the zoo and the zookeeper let me hold one of the snakes ( if was a pretty small one ). They're very soft and pretty! And snakes don't usually attack people! It's just a stereotype! Of course, if you attack it, it will attack back. But most of them are harmless.
    Maybe you should try to look at photos with snakes. Maybe you won't be that scared after that. Trust me: there's no reason to be scared. Thank you!!! and my parents do know! thank you :)

^Made by cofeeallalone_x

By Topaz her graphic shop http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2263772/page/17?h=l

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:08 AM

But when i look at pictures of snakes it just comes up with huge ones

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:08 AM

My friend used to have a pet snake and he was so calm and nice. If you touched or held a snake or something i think it would help.

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:09 AM

^
    Really? Thank you ;) xx

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Search like small friendly snakes

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Are you sure? what if i keep having visions of them i lle try

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I did some were friendly but they were HUGE and there was this picture of sigh saying Venomous snakes

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Is it big?

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:29 AM

is it just one picture?

Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM

It depends how bad your phobia is. If you don't want to be around snake but you can deal with it if you saw one (so you would calmly leave rather than start crying) then I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'm scared of various animals so you aren't alone in your fear of an animal! If you really can't cope with being around them it may be worth seeing a doctor. You aren't going to come across snakes in everyday life though so if you don't want to see a doctor there are some things you can try and do at home to overcome your fear enough to cope with it:
    1) Look up some pictures, not videos, of small snakes and work your way up to larger snakes. The cute snake pictures someone posted above is a good place to start - corn snakes are also really small :)
    2) Try and watch a video of a friendly snake. Don't look at them eating if you don't like it!
    3) If you have a pet shop that sells them try and go in and just look at them, you don't have to touch them. If you want to though the shop should be happy to let you. The pet shop near me is great with people with phobias.
    -Do this in the day with some really happy music on and if you get scared don't worry, you are safe at home with your favourite music playing. Do it a little at a time, don't think you can get over it in a day!
    ^We learnt that is a way doctors help people overcome fears in Psychology

Personally I love snakes and reptiles, which is a little unusual seeing as how I hate most other animals! I see you are from London which is good if you don't like snakes. It is too cold for them to survive in the wild here so you will only ever see them as pets and they won't get into your house. Also, by law, non-posionous snakes can only be sold here (unless you have a special license, but they're mainly for zoos). A snake isn't going to attack you, promise! The snake know you are a lot bigger than it is and if it got into a fight with you it wouldn't go well for the snake. Snakes only attack if you attack them first, or in the wild if you try and take their eggs like most animals, but you don't need to worry about that here.
    Honestly snakes are really sweet. They spend most of their time just relaxing and they are really calm. They are a little strange at first because of they way they move but they are very sweet. I know it's pointless trying to get you to like them but hopefully you will be able to see they aren't scary!

Made by the very talented ToTheBraveGirls

Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Oh, also snakes are usually awake in the day, like us. Like lizards, they are cold-blooded so when it's cold (like at night) they won't be moving around because they don't have the energy. So when it's night and you're scared they will come in they will be fast asleep!

Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:43 PM

MyWinterFirefly wrote:
    It depends how bad your phobia is. If you don't want to be around snake but you can deal with it if you saw one (so you would calmly leave rather than start crying) then I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'm scared of various animals so you aren't alone in your fear of an animal! If you really can't cope with being around them it may be worth seeing a doctor. You aren't going to come across snakes in everyday life though so if you don't want to see a doctor there are some things you can try and do at home to overcome your fear enough to cope with it:
    1) Look up some pictures, not videos, of small snakes and work your way up to larger snakes. The cute snake pictures someone posted above is a good place to start - corn snakes are also really small :)
    2) Try and watch a video of a friendly snake. Don't look at them eating if you don't like it!
    3) If you have a pet shop that sells them try and go in and just look at them, you don't have to touch them. If you want to though the shop should be happy to let you. The pet shop near me is great with people with phobias.
    -Do this in the day with some really happy music on and if you get scared don't worry, you are safe at home with your favourite music playing. Do it a little at a time, don't think you can get over it in a day!
    ^We learnt that is a way doctors help people overcome fears in Psychology

Personally I love snakes and reptiles, which is a little unusual seeing as how I hate most other animals! I see you are from London which is good if you don't like snakes. It is too cold for them to survive in the wild here so you will only ever see them as pets and they won't get into your house. Also, by law, non-posionous snakes can only be sold here (unless you have a special license, but they're mainly for zoos). A snake isn't going to attack you, promise! The snake know you are a lot bigger than it is and if it got into a fight with you it wouldn't go well for the snake. Snakes only attack if you attack them first, or in the wild if you try and take their eggs like most animals, but you don't need to worry about that here.
    Honestly snakes are really sweet. They spend most of their time just relaxing and they are really calm. They are a little strange at first because of they way they move but they are very sweet. I know it's pointless trying to get you to like them but hopefully you will be able to see they aren't scary! Thank you so so much!!! this really helps i will take your advice you are so kind !!! ;) xx and yes if i see a snake in a room i will start crying and shaking but maybe there not that scary well some..

Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:43 PM

MyWinterFirefly wrote:
    Oh, also snakes are usually awake in the day, like us. Like lizards, they are cold-blooded so when it's cold (like at night) they won't be moving around because they don't have the energy. So when it's night and you're scared they will come in they will be fast asleep! Hehehe thank you so much!!!

RE: How do i get over my fear of snakes

Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Sorry I can't help you. I loved snakes since I was little!

Violet|Anna|me|avi by me

Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 1:10 PM

^
    Its fine honestly! :) i dont even know why i made this forum its kind of like wasting other people times im so sorry all of you guys!

Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I'm scared of snakes as far as I know since I was a kid. All the time.

SERENITY is the best word when it comes to PROBLEMS.

Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:24 PM

^
    Yeah

Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.