1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Money Issues-HELP!!!

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I went on the Taylor Swift Online Store a couple days ago and nearly died because of all the stuff I`m missing out on. I don`t have that much merch,just a bunch of CDs,a notebook,and various magazines, and I`d really like to expand my collection. The only problem is,the total price of all I want is $454.85...and I have $20.

Do any of you fabulous Swifties have any quick,easy ways to earn money??? I`m too young to get a real job and don`t get any allowance. My main source of income is my parents.

Oh,and how should I go about buying? Should I start on the most expensive and work my way down (which is my current plan) or start with the little things and go up from there??

The prices range from $1.49-$49.99,not including the autograph,which is like $126...no way I can save up that much.

THANKS SWIFTIES!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

-Kyra

Made by the flawless TaylorHeart13

XoX
�������������
Kyra

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Money Issues-HELP!!!

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM

*bump*

XoX
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Kyra

RE: Money Issues-HELP!!!

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM

It's funny but I just had this discussion 4 times here on TC in the past 3 weeks. Ok so I do not know where you live so part of this might not apply to you. First many states has the deposites on bottles and cans. You can take a ride on your bike with a back pack and pick them up. You can ask your parents if you could do some extra chores for some extra allowance.
    This next one you need to get your parents permission first. You can talk to the elderly in your are about doing stuff for them. Alot of them cannot do simple things like dusting, sweeping and mopping floors. There might be some people in your area that need baby sitters.
    there could even be people in your area that might have had recent surgeries and might need someone to do laundry and such. there might be people near you that have elderly parents that live weith them that they cannot leave alone.

I hope some of this can help you tou. good luck and may the swift be with you.

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 4:11 PM

JosephJES1162 wrote:
    It's funny but I just had this discussion 4 times here on TC in the past 3 weeks. Ok so I do not know where you live so part of this might not apply to you. First many states has the deposites on bottles and cans. You can take a ride on your bike with a back pack and pick them up. You can ask your parents if you could do some extra chores for some extra allowance.
    This next one you need to get your parents permission first. You can talk to the elderly in your are about doing stuff for them. Alot of them cannot do simple things like dusting, sweeping and mopping floors. There might be some people in your area that need baby sitters.
    there could even be people in your area that might have had recent surgeries and might need someone to do laundry and such. there might be people near you that have elderly parents that live weith them that they cannot leave alone.

I hope some of this can help you tou. good luck and may the swift be with you.

A few things:
    1.) my state doesn`t do the bottle/can thingy :(
    2.) I`m planning on being EXTRA helpful around the house...
    3.) I dunno if I`m qualified to help old people (or if I know any) but good idea!!!
    4.) that`s wierd that you`ve talked about it sooo many times xD
    5.) May the Swift be with you??? No kidding...YOU ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND.

XoX
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Kyra

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I'm having the same problem! But everyone here is so helpful!

-First sig made by me!
    -credit to TaylorSwiftRocks13 for avatar![/signature]

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 4:26 PM

IKR??? They`re so nice...it`s like a rainbow of glitter xD

XoX
    �������������
    Kyra

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Any new ideas,guys?!?

XoX
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Kyra

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 5:00 PM

iAmWonderstruck13 wrote:
    @Lovestruck85 I thought about that too...maybe the Easter Bunny can help me out,eh?

@lovelovelovetaylor: Yeah,your right about the shipping.

Thanks you guys! I g2g but keep commenting,it really hepls!!! Love you!!!!

XoX
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Kyra

That's Kinda what I was thinking!

Credit To FIXMYHEART

Made By SWIFTLYFEARLESS13

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Lovestruck85 wrote:
    iAmWonderstruck13 wrote:
    @Lovestruck85 I thought about that too...maybe the Easter Bunny can help me out,eh?

@lovelovelovetaylor: Yeah,your right about the shipping.

Thanks you guys! I g2g but keep commenting,it really hepls!!! Love you!!!!

XoX
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Kyra

That's Kinda what I was thinking!

Credit To FIXMYHEART

Made By SWIFTLYFEARLESS13

xD Instead of the regular candy basket,maybe I can get something similar,yet cheaper,and money too!!!! :)

XoX

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 6:39 PM

iAmWonderstruck13 wrote:
    ArieTSA wrote:
    Use the $20 buy candies to sale at school. If it's not allowed, do it anyway! The more it's not allowed the faster it will sale. Then just the money you made from sales to buy more supplies and keep going. Eventually you will get to your goal.

Even if it is allowed,I can`t do it because all the candy I would buy is the kind that`s all "NOT FOR RESALE" Ughh..lol but it`s a good idea!!!

What do you mean 'not for sale'?

you arent buying YOUR favorite candies..... you would by candies that people would want to by.... if that is what you mean.

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Ask your family members for money for your birthday and holidays, and explain you're saving up for merchandise. Also, it can't hurt to call up an aunt/uncle/grandmother/grandfather etc. and ask if they need any help cleaning up around the house, or small things like that. If you know someone who is going away on vacation (Spring Break is coming up soon) you could volunteer to look after their pets. Bake a bunch of cupcakes and sell them to your friends or cousins. If you like to do crafts, get a bunch of friends together and organize a craft sale. What else are you good at? You could do makeovers, manicures, design jewelry, if you like fashion you could act as a stylist for people you know and help them pick out inexpensive outfits, or design for them, and charge a fee. Walk dogs. Even if you can't get a job--for whatever reason-- there's probably a local business (pet shop, hardware store, post office) that could use an unofficial helper. Does someone in your family own/run a business? Offer to help there. Check other places for your merch. eBay, Amazon, etc have the same merch, brand new, that they sell in the store, and you don't have to pay $30 shipping on a $5 bracelet ;)

Hope this helps!

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 7:26 PM

MiserableMagical13 wrote:
    I have the same problem. I have NO MONEY! The only way to earn money for me is working in my HUGE backyard and frontyard and side yards...or babysitting. Babysitting pays well, and if you're lucky there won't be little kids that like to jump on people's heads. :) babysitting. Babysitting. Any little siblings or neighbors with little kids?
    If ya wanna chat or something:
    Email: jpkelem@gmail.com or miserablemagical13@ymail.com or 4everswifty13@gmail.com If you want me to respond faster email me at the first one. I barely check the 3rd one and will probably forget about the 2nd one soon :P

I'm not young, but I was also going to suggest babysitting, as that's what I did to earn money when I was still under 16 and couldn't get a regular job. Now that I'm the mother of a 3-year-old, I know how helpful it can be to have someone reliable who can babysit when things come up.
    Illinois Country Fan

Thanks to Cali for the graphics!

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I need help for that, too. I'm not even in high school and don't have ANYTHING! I do some things around the house everyonce in a while (like maybe twice a year. . . that never really stuck. . .)I will probably start babysitting in 8th grade or in my Freshman year. . .
    http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a614/TaylorConnect1/Untitledcsdds_zpsba75b13a.gif

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Babysitting
    save all spare change for a while
    dog walking
    car washing
    yard work
    cooking
    sell things
    what i did is i got very good and making things out of duct tape and sold them at school

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 9:10 PM

We Made Quite A Mess wrote:
    Ask your family members for money for your birthday and holidays, and explain you're saving up for merchandise. Also, it can't hurt to call up an aunt/uncle/grandmother/grandfather etc. and ask if they need any help cleaning up around the house, or small things like that. If you know someone who is going away on vacation (Spring Break is coming up soon) you could volunteer to look after their pets. Bake a bunch of cupcakes and sell them to your friends or cousins. If you like to do crafts, get a bunch of friends together and organize a craft sale. What else are you good at? You could do makeovers, manicures, design jewelry, if you like fashion you could act as a stylist for people you know and help them pick out inexpensive outfits, or design for them, and charge a fee. Walk dogs. Even if you can't get a job--for whatever reason-- there's probably a local business (pet shop, hardware store, post office) that could use an unofficial helper. Does someone in your family own/run a business? Offer to help there. Check other places for your merch. eBay, Amazon, etc have the same merch, brand new, that they sell in the store, and you don't have to pay $30 shipping on a $5 bracelet ;)

Hope this helps!

Sums it up ^^^^

Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM

ArieTSA wrote:
    iAmWonderstruck13 wrote:
    ArieTSA wrote:
    Use the $20 buy candies to sale at school. If it's not allowed, do it anyway! The more it's not allowed the faster it will sale. Then just the money you made from sales to buy more supplies and keep going. Eventually you will get to your goal.

Even if it is allowed,I can`t do it because all the candy I would buy is the kind that`s all "NOT FOR RESALE" Ughh..lol but it`s a good idea!!!

What do you mean 'not for sale'?

you arent buying YOUR favorite candies..... you would by candies that people would want to by.... if that is what you mean.

no,I mean the kind where if you sell it and someone finds out they can tell the law and you get arrested sounds fun,huh?? then agin,I highly doubt that`ll happen...

XoX

Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 1:21 PM

We Made Quite A Mess wrote:

Hope this helps!

Wow...I LOVE YOU.

XoX

Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 1:22 PM

@fearlessness13: IKR??? life sucks when ur broke.

@TSwiftLoveful013: I LOVE DUCT TAPE WALLETS!!! They`re so cool :) Maybe I could do that...hmmmm...thanks!!!

XoX

Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 5:28 PM

there are some comanies on the internet who pay you for doing surveys. I don't know that much about it, but maybe you can look around.

oh and cut money from your other costs. like clothing. or whatever you get from. like if you buy your lunch at school, take stuuf from home and save the "school money" for merch.

Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Offer to walk dogs ( if they have dogs in your neighborhood) and post flyers on people's mailboxes ( not in the mailbox just put in the flag) I have seen that done in my neighborhood it's worth a shot!

Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Hey! could you all check out this cover of All Too Well? It would mean so much to me! Thanks a million! :) https://soundcloud.com/itsmedestiny/all-too-well