1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Camera Suggestions Please? :)

Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Hi Everyone!!

This question is for people who know A LOT about cameras lol I'm looking into getting a new camera for my Taylor concert and i'm wanting to get one that takes REALLY great pictures and has a zoom of AT LEAST 20 or more. Does anyone have an suggestions of a good camera?

I'm not wanting one of the professional ones with the detachable lenses or anything like that since those are not allowed in concert venues. Thanks so much!!
Thank You Daya & Savanah!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Camera Suggestions Please? :)

Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I have the blue canon powershot 1300 and I LOVE it!!!! Bonus: Taylor used to have the same one :O
    1. me 2. me avi: me

visit my graphic shop? Holly's graphic shoppe!

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Starlight22 wrote:
    I have the blue canon powershot 1300 and I LOVE it!!!! Bonus: Taylor used to have the same one :O
    1. me 2. me avi: me

visit my graphic shop? Holly's graphic shoppe!

Thanks! :) I'll look at that one up now :) Anyone else have any suggestions? :)

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Maybe you could get the one that Taylorwas promoting but I don't know that much about it

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I really like the one she was promoting, but it doesn't have a big zoom like i'm looking for :(

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Look at Canon Powershot and Nikon P series, surely you'll find what you're looking for. You can go to the Canon/Nikon web sites and see the cameras, compare them & find out where to get them.

My cameras are the 2009 Canon SX10 IS (10 megapixels, 20x optical zoom) $399.99 and Nikon Coolpix P510 (current, 16 megapixels, 42x optical zoom) also $399.99

They are not SLR (pro) cameras, but are semi-pro with a fixed lens that isn't removed, so I usually have no trouble getting them in. I've been using just my Canon since 2009 so I look forward to trying out my Nikon at the shows this year.
    Jennifer
    http://swiftsorority.webs.com/

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I'm a big fan on my Canon Powershot. It's an older version (I've had it for 4-5years), but I like to use it at shows because I can slip it in my pocket. The newer versions probably have the specs you're after.

And to be completely honest sometimes it's better for taking pictures at shows than my Nikon D60 DSLR. But if you plan on using the zoom at the show, I'm not sure you're going to be able to get the kind of quality you seem to be hoping for with any kind of camera. Shows are tricky because of the lighting and movement of the performers and audience. Combine that with a general inability to use the flash effectively (which I usually get better results without it anyways) and an extreme zoom where even the slightest movement makes everything blurry, it doesn't usually work out so well.

You'll end up taking 100 pics and getting maybe 5 good ones, and a couple you may be able to edit together for better results.

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:42 AM

Thanks so much for the suggestions :)

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:43 AM

MourirV wrote:
    I'm a big fan on my Canon Powershot. It's an older version (I've had it for 4-5years), but I like to use it at shows because I can slip it in my pocket. The newer versions probably have the specs you're after.

And to be completely honest sometimes it's better for taking pictures at shows than my Nikon D60 DSLR. But if you plan on using the zoom at the show, I'm not sure you're going to be able to get the kind of quality you seem to be hoping for with any kind of camera. Shows are tricky because of the lighting and movement of the performers and audience. Combine that with a general inability to use the flash effectively (which I usually get better results without it anyways) and an extreme zoom where even the slightest movement makes everything blurry, it doesn't usually work out so well.

You'll end up taking 100 pics and getting maybe 5 good ones, and a couple you may be able to edit together for better results.

Thanks so much! You're very right...shows are tricky. I got my best pictures on the Fearless Tour with my moms camera, but also only because I was in the pit and really close to her and didn't have to worry about the high up lights.

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 5:04 AM

A blue canon powershot 1300!! I got that for Christmas. It takes awesome pictures.

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 5:05 AM

I have an olympus compact camera that has 24x optical wide zoom. Its fantastic look at olympus cameras, They are really good at making fantastic cameras. I also LOVE canon anything. It all depends on your price range. I am a camera nerd If you want I can have a look see what is good and what is not so good?

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I have a canon powershot too! really great (:
    I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in this world
    March 12th 2011, Oberhausen - Germany: Speak Now World Tour

RE: Camera Suggestions Please? :)

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 10:13 AM

All SONY cameras are really great and you can just search one of the little ones (the normal size) but semi professional, my uncle is a photograh of babies and newborns and se uses SONY so, go to a best buy or a store like that and search the ones that you like, hope you find a perfect camera soon!

care cami

RED!

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Thanks so much everyone!! :)

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I got a Nikon Coolpix S4200 for Christmas I am going to use for RED. It has a touch screen that is so cool. it takes great pics. It is small & I think will be perfect for the RED tour I am going to.
    Taylor Swift you have such a golden heart, you are such a wonderful person and an inspiration to so many people. I LOVE YOU!!

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I don't remember what one I used but it's not very good :/ The zoom was awful and the battery died halfway through. That probably didn't help at all lol.

Wonderful avi made by DancingAroundAllAlone (:

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 7:54 PM

You could use Canon DSLR. Hope that helps.

Issy.tswiftie18.

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 7:13 AM

I wouldn't risk buying an SLR style camera, probably won't be allowed in to the concerts.
    Jennifer

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I don't even know what SLR means haha

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 7:08 PM

SLR
    Photography .
    single-lens reflex camera.

Ultimately that means this kind of camera and these kind of lenses that are inter-changeable. If you can't take the lens off the camera, it should be fine.
    Jennifer