1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Music?

Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I want some new music to listen to other than Taylor. Suggestions?

EDIT: A lot of people are asking for genres :P

I like Taylor obviously, but I also like Ed Sheeran and I like a few Maroon 5 songs (and she wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill be looooooooooved) and right now I'm kinda obsessed with Ho Hey by The Lumineers and Not Over You by Gavin DeGraw :) Not really sure what genre that is...I'm don't really pay attention to the genre, I'm just not a fan of dubstep or most rapping where there's a curse every other word.
Graphic Shop

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Music?

Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM

If you like country : Keith urban and Lauren Alaina are soo good :)
    Phillip phillips is kind of country but not really but it's amazing... especially gone gone gone :)
    I also love bruce Springsteen... those are my favvvs

[url=http://i1159.photobucket.c/]http://i1159.photobucket.c[/url][/signature]

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Okay...

Try The Civil Wars (if you already haven't, since they're perfect), The Head and the Heart (kind of similar to The Lumineers), Hey Marseilles (really unique... like folk meets orchestral), Bryan John Appleby (quiet, folky), Lemolo (moody, dark, piano-y), Of Monsters and Men (you maybe already know them too, but a lot of their lesser known songs are awesome) and just for the heck of it, Chaos Chaos (their latest stuff is kind of upbeat/poppy).

Two songs I'm obsessed with right now are Mona Lisa by Grant-Lee Phillips and Reflecting Light by Sam Phillips. They're both really beautiful :)

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM

*Bump*
    Graphic Shop

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I'm pretty much obsessed with this song. It's called Eve and it's by Neulore. You should listen to it :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUv6TEP_V4E

RE: Music?

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I'm gonna post a thread like this cuz i need some help to.

| Caitlin | Annie | TTSN | Avi. Anne |

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Adele has a beautiful voice!

^Made by Me!! :)

^Also by Me!! :)

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM

ohhh maybe you like alternative rock? i'm guessing by the lumineers... maybe pop-driven alternative... is that genre even a genre or a genre i just made up? haha.
    ok well some AWESOME alternative artists are:
    - fun., florence + the machine, shout out louds (they're from sweden and they aren't that famous), imagine dragons, and... also of monsters and men.
    and then indie pop/rock goes under the 'alternative' category (shout out louds are actually indie i think)
    well as you can see i really like alternative. :)
    and not just fun.'s songs right now. their album before 'some nights' is really good. listen to 'the gambler' it's just SO BEAUTIFUL.
    well if you need anymore help ask us or PM us. :)
    AND COUNTRY IS AWESOME. :)

1. TanyaxOh; 2. Annie

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM

^oh yeah that fun. album is called 'aim and ignite' their newest one is 'some nights'. OOH sara bareilles is kinda pop-driven folk and she is AWESOME... like REALLY awesome... listen to 'once upon another time' and you will like, get CHILLS she is THAT good. :)

1. TanyaxOh; 2. Annie

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM

^oh and christina perri. i don't know i should stop shouldn't i i'm like spamming this thread. :)

1. TanyaxOh; 2. Annie

RE: Music?

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Demi Lovato is AMAZING. If you ever get the chance to see her live, GO. She is just flawless. Ariana Grande has an amazing voice as well. Also the Jonas Brothers and David Archuleta are awesome.

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 3:04 PM

One. Direction. And Hunter Hayes, Carrie Underwood, Selena Gomez :D

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Max Schneider... FOR SURE

Check Out My Last Post BTW ;)

^Made By Me^

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM

ready or not-bridgit medler
    flapper girl-the lumineers
    postcard-bridgit medler
    submarines-the lumineers
    get your shine on-florida georgia line
    she(for liz)-parachute
    anywhere but here-drew holcomb and the neighbors
    the album:metel and wood-tyrone wells

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM

My music taste is like all over the place but right now i'm obsessed with Coldplay, Rascal Flatts, JBs acoustic album, Imagine Dragons, Snow Patrol, Carrie Underwood, Snow Patrol, Katy Perry, Demi Lovato, anddd the Jonas Brothers lol :P

Thanks to TaylorSwiftFan for the signature!

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 11:43 PM

What about Liz Huett? You know, Taylor's back up singer? She has a few songs of her own now, have you heard them yet?
    At the end of the day, you can either focus on what's tearing you apart, or what's holding you together.

Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:01 PM

My favorites and some songs I recommend:

Pop:
    Hot Chelle Rae (Tonight Tonight, Forever Unstoppable, Honestly, Radio, Bleed)
    Switchfoot (Taylor covered Meant to Live and Dare You to Move-- Check those two out, and her covers while you're at it)
    Train (Drops of Jupiter, Drive By, 50 Ways to Say Goodbye, California 37, Bruises)
    Maroon 5 (One More Night, Payphone, Their song with Lady A I forget the name of, Misery)
    Neon Trees (Taylor covered Animal, also check out Everybody Talks, Moving in the Dark)
    Demi Lovato, all her post-Disney music is wonderful (STAY AWAY FROM THE CAMP ROCK SONGS! YOU WILL HAVE NIGHTMARES FOR YEARS, IT'S LIKE HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAl ON STEROIDS.)
    Owl City (Check out his cover of Enchanted, Fireflies, Good Time, Shooting Star)

Hunter Hayes (Storm Warning, Cry With You, Everybody's Got Somebody But Me, Wanted, Somebody's Heartbreak, every song of his ever)
    Tim McGraw (His older stuff is way better than anything recently, check out Red Rag Top, Something Like That, Felt Good On My Lips, Live Like You Were Dying, Indian Outlaw, Where The Green Grass Grows)
    Jana Kramer (Lots of Taylor-influenced songs like Why Ya Wanna, Whiskey, Good Time Coming On, What I Love About Your Love)

Other:
    Needtobreathe (They have every type of music...)

Pop- Movin On, Something Beautiful, We Could Run Away

Rock- Knew It All, Drive All Night

Country- Devils Been Talkin, The Outsiders, Girl Named Tennessee

Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I suggest Mumford and Sons. They have a good kind of folk feel like the old Taylor songs.
    Check out my threads and friend me if you haven't already!

Love Ya

Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I've been enjoying Frank Turner, Cory Branan and Glossary a lot lately (they are mostly a mix of folk and country), I'd especially recommend songs like:

I Still Believe or If Ever I Stray (Frank Turner)
    A Girl Named Go or The Corner (Cory Branan)
    Keep it Coming or Save Your Money For the Weekend (Glossary)

Other favourites of mine include:

MuteMath -- Anything and everything of theirs is awesome, and usually very good to dance to. Typical and Chaos are two of the songs that got me hooked, but their whole first release is my favourite.

Florence + The Machine -- You're probably familiar with this one. She has a very powerful voice and I love it.

Dan Andriano in the Emergency Room -- It's an acoustic solo project, and he is one of my favourite songwriters to date.

I feel like a lot of the music I adore would probably be deemed as being weird, so I think I'll stop there.

Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Katy Perry is a really good artist other than Taylor Swift, or Carly Rae Jepsen.

twitter
    tumblr