Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

DressedUpLikeHipsters Songwriting Contest

Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I tried one of these before, but my internet went down so I never got to continue it on, so I decided to make a new one. I'm also looking for 1/2 judges, so if you want to judge, message me.

The rules are as follows;
1)No stealing.
2)No entering the same song twice.
3)Must comply with the theme.
4)Must have more than one verse.
5)Must be completed.
6)Can contain a Taylor Swift lyric. One lyric per song. No more.
7)There is no points system, so you can enter when you like, and choose which theme you would like to enter in.

A lot of songwriting contests don't elaborate on the awards, so I'm just going to go into a little more detail.

1st, 2nd & 3rd place-Basically, the judges and myself are going to pick our three favourite songs using a scoring system. The three judges will give a score for each song, we'll then find the mean and that will rank you all. Songs will be scored on originality, how well it fit with the theme, the meaning behind the lyrics and the layout.

Fearless Award-This will be the song that the judges feel stood out in terms of originality. Songwriters will have to think out of the box in order to win this.

Speak Now Award-This is the song that will have the most emotion behind it, in terms of lyrics, it would be helpful if we could connect with the song, but as long as there's emotion in the song, it could be picked.

Red Award-The Red Award will be for the song we think sounds most like the kind of song Taylor would write. So if we could see Taylor writing&performing the song, there's a chance it could win this.

Best Line-Obviously, the judges and myself will pick out our favourite line from the songs that are entered. This will be the line we feel stuck out most, and was most memorable.

Round 1:
Theme: Song based on a story/fanfic
Closing Date: Monday 4th February 2013
1st place: "Alright" by _TSwizzles13_
2nd place: "October" by lovelykate13
3rd place: "I Saw You" by TaylorIsMyStarlight13
Fearless Award: "Alright" by _TSwizzles13_
Speak Now Award: "October" by lovelykate13
Red Award: "I'll lose you" by TaylorSwiftFebruary13
Best Line: 'And I guess it makes us selfish, To both survive.' -Alright by _TSwizzles13_

Round 2:
Theme: How it's alright to be unique
Closing Date: Monday 11th February 2013
1st place:
2nd place:
3rd place:
Fearless Award:
Speak Now Award:
Red Award:
Best Line:

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: DressedUpLikeHipsters Songwriting Contest

Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Ooh! Looks like fun! I'll enter! This song is based on a book that I'm writing, I hope you like it!!

I Saw You

Your hand, held mine
    Your eyes said 'May I have this dance?'
    I was done with guys
    Till you came for the ride
    You hold me, right hand at my waist
    You twirled me, till I was dizzy and couldn't speak
    I kissed you, ever so softly
    And then, I knew
    CHORUS
    That you were all I ever wanted
    That you were my prince charming on a steed
    Told you I couldn't see into the future, but I knew
    I saw you
    CHORUS END
    You pulled me against the wall to hide me
    You said 'I don't have anything to live for if you leave me'
    I cried till I, was strong enough to stand up and fight
    They tried to tie me up with their little ropes
    I ended the battle then and there for us
    I kissed you, ever so softly
    And then I knew
    CHORUS 1x
    We ended the day I lost my heart to you
    You didn't take a second chance at me
    Until you pulled me into your arms and said
    That I was everything you ever wanted
    That I was your princess on a steed
    Told me you couldn't see into the future, but you knew
    You saw me
    CHORUS 2x
    The day you put the ring on my finger
    The day we vowed to stay forever
    The night you kissed me ever so softly
    And said 'I'm so happy that that one day, I saw you.'
    Credit to Guppy1313

Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:27 AM

TaylorIsMyStarlight13 wrote:
    Ooh! Looks like fun! I'll enter! This song is based on a book that I'm writing, I hope you like it!!
    I Saw You

Wow that is so good! Thank you for entering :)
    Daydreaming's for those who are creative enough to imagine situations~

Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Thanks

Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 4:38 PM

DressedUpLikeHipsters wrote:
    TaylorIsMyStarlight13 wrote:
    I Saw You

Wow that is so good! Thank you for entering :)

Thanks!

Credit to Guppy1313

Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Any more entries?

Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I wrote this song, it's based off of my own story of being bullied in high school.

October by Katie Thing

hey lIttle girl,
    with the saddest face
    don't be afraid
    don't be afraid
    i'm gonna take your side
    this tiMe

i can see them over there
    with wicked eyes and hateful stares
    we're not going down without a fight

don't Be afraid, don't run away
    i'm tElling you what i wish i knew
    all along and yesTerday
    don't leT them break you
    never bend
    when it was me
    all i needed was a friend

now thEy've got their battle swords
    they're ready to start a war
    remember not to fall behind
    stabbing knives upon your back
    waiting watching for you to cRack
    anything to be first in line

don't be afraid, don't run away
    i'm telling you what i wish i kNew
    all along and yesterday
    don't let them break you
    never bend
    when it was me
    all i needed was a friend

remember what you're made of
    dOn't let them take that away
    remember i am here for you
    and that's something that they can't
    change

hey little girl,
    it's a happy day
    we're not afraid
    we're not afraid
    We're moving on to a better place

https://www.facebook.com/KatieThing
    ^^^^^ my music page on facebook =)

"I didn't say half the things I wanted to"

Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I’ll Lose You
    you walk by it’s like it always is
    it never changes it’s the same thing
    sometimes i watch you sometimes you watch me
    but today i feel i just wanna cry, i just wanna cry
    cause i can’t tell you how i feel

if i do i’m afraid that you’ll walk away
    maybe i’ll be left alone again
    if i do you might never speak to me the same
    the words i wanna say are hidden in the back of my mind
    i want so bad to tell you i really want you to know but i know that if i do
    i’ll lose you

the feeling really hits me hard when were talking and you’re so nice to me
    i just wish that i wasn’t so afraid of everything
    not afraid of nothing, the words pile up in the back of my mind
    they build up and i just wanna tell you, i just wanna tell you
    but i know that if i do baby if i do
    i’ll lose you

sometimes i wish i could read your mind
    just to see what you really think of me
    when you smile is there truth behind your eyes?
    am i alone or do you feel the same way to?
    i just wish i could tell you, wish i could tell you
    i just wanna tell you, just wanna tell you
    but i’m afraid that i’ll lose you, that i’ll lose you
    just like i lost everybody like i lost everybody that knew

no on can ever hold on long enough for me
    i guess i’m just not worth it, no
    i just wanna tell baby how i feel
    i know it’s real
    but if i do oh if i do i’m so afraid
    that i’ll lose you
    i don’t wanna lose you
    i don’t wanna lose you
    i don’t wanna lose you
    i don’t wanna lose you
    baby don’t leave me too

when i look in your eyes it feels like you do to
    am i the only one between us two
    the one who knows that we are meant to be together
    i just wish you knew but i’m afraid that if i tell you
    i’ll lose you

This is a song of everything that happens to me all the time. ALL THE TIME
    Redtaylorswift13timmcgraw

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Alright
    based on the Hunger Games (Peeta and Katniis)

If I dared..
    To hurt you
    I couldn't live with myself, today
    And you were standing there
    If I only knew
    For you.. it wasn't just a game

And I guess it makes us selfish
    To both survive
    That was a risk worth takin
    Now its hard to live our lifes

If he hadn't told me
    This was just the way we'd survive
    It'd be easier, to have you by my side
    If I hadn't kissed you in the cave
    And then take all my love away
    We'd be fine
    Are you alright?

And now President Snow
    Holds all the matches
    So come run with me
    Before fire catches
    Us
    Is this rhythm of love?

And all my lies turn to truth
    Am I really in love with you?
    Oooh oh!

I still wish you'd told me
    This was just the way we'd survive
    It brings a smile to my face, to have you by my side
    If I hadn't kissed you in the cave
    Things wouldn't be the same
    And we're just fine
    We'll be alright

Alright!
    Alright
    Are you alright? Its bout time? We're just fine
    Cause we're alright!

Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Round 2 song: Here's to the wildflowers (no stealing please i worked really hard on it)

She.. stuck out
    Like a sore thumb in the crowd
    She.. got lost along the way
    She.. just needs to feel okay

She.. is scared, oh my
    Scared.. to live her life
    She.. is insecure
    She.. don't even know.. she's about to soar

Here's to the wildflowers
    Here's to the underrated
    You see the chance but your afraid to take it
    Here's to the girls next door
    In 5 years, you'll be taking them by storm
    Here's to, here's to

He.. aint like the rest
    He... can only be his best
    He.. is scared that aint enough
    He... lives a life so tough

And he.. knows he's blessed
    But he's.. good at second guessin'
    Ooh and he.. he.. just wants to live his life right
    And well he, he's about to fly

Here's to the underrated
    You see the choice don't be afraid to make it
    Here's to the biggest dreamers
    Blue jeans, and worn down sneakers
    Here's to, here's to

If you roll up your sleeves
    And get a little bit dirty
    Or put on a smile
    Even when you know its hurting
    You care more about science
    Than you do about sports, you see
    We could form a grand alliance
    It makes a great little story
    If you love life
    Even when it's cruel
    Laugh at yourself
    When you look like a fool
    With everything you do
    You got a little wildflower in you

Here's to the underrated
    You see the chance but your afraid to take it
    Here's to the girls next door
    In 5 years, you'll be taking them by storm

Here's to the underrated
    You see the choice don't be afraid to make it
    Here's to the biggest dreamers
    Blue jeans, and worn down sneakers
    Here's to, here's to
    Here's to, here's to!
    Here's to! Here's to!

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Any last minute entries? I'm not posting the results for another few hours.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.