Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

My Story <3

Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 4:19 AM

So I wrote this story called "Whenever, wherever" for EleanorSwiftie's short story contest. I'm pretty proud of it. Tell me what you think? xo
WARNING. THIS IS BASED ON A TRUE STORY AND INVOLVES A VERY SERIOUS ISSUE. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Whenever, wherever.

“Goodnight mum.”

She gives her mum a hug. She wishes she could stay like this forever. But she can’t.

“Goodnight sweetheart.”
She disappears up the stairs and into her bedroom. She quietly shuts the door, as to not wake her little brother. As she climbs into bed, her phone lights up. Her best friend is calling her.

“Hey hun, sorry I’m calling so late but there’s something I really need to tell you.”

Her stomach turns over. She wonders what it could be. It sounds bad.

“I’m… I’m starting at a new school next year.”

It couldn’t possibly be. What does this mean for her? To not have her best friend by her side every day? To not have the person keeping her alive? She struggles to comprehend it. They talk about it for a few minutes before her best friend has to go. They will talk again at school in the morning. As soon as they hang up the phone, she bursts into tears. The one person she can trust with everything is leaving her. There wasn’t enough time to ask why she was leaving her. She will ask tomorrow. She can’t believe it. This is just one more thing she has to deal with now. Friend drama, pressure from school, family struggles and now this. It’s too much for her to cope with. She can’t do anything but start to break down.

She did her nails earlier today so her nail scissors are sitting next to her bed. She looks at them. Carefully. Closely. She hears her mum walk up the stairs and into her bedroom. She looks at the time. 9:39pm. Her mum must be going for an early night. This doesn’t bother her. She reaches for the scissors. She opens them. At first, she hesitates. She isn’t too sure about it. She thinks about one of her friends and how she told her that it helps. This makes her feel a bit better. But she still hesitates. She is really nervous. What if someone sees? What would she say to them? Then something inside her snaps. She doesn’t care anymore. She presses to scissors to her wrist and makes one, two, three cuts. She doesn’t feel like she is done. Four, five, six. She can’t bring herself to do anymore. She puts the scissors down. Far away from her, so she’s not tempted to do it again. Her wrist is stinging. It’s all red and bumpy. She worries about hiding whatever scars that might appear from her mum and her brother. She can worry about the people at school later. After a while, it really sinks in; what she’s done. She cries herself into a deep sleep.

She wakes up and the first thing she does is look at her wrist. Before she does anything else, she puts her school uniform on and puts a jumper over the top. It’s cold today, luckily, so she can wear it without anybody being suspicious. The final thing she puts on is her smile. This will cover up the rest. She manages through her morning routine very well. She is proud of herself. Once she gets to school, she is drowned with hugs from all her friends. She looks around desperately for her best friend. She feels a tap on her shoulder so she turns around and then gives her the biggest hug ever.

“Happy birthday best friend,” she whispers.

“Thank you gorgeous,” her best friend replies.

She feels like she needs to tell someone about what she’s done. She can’t tell her best friend; it would ruin her special day. Who then? Her mind is going through all the people in her class. All the people who she could trust with something this serious. She decides to tell the boy. The only other one who is as close to her as her best friend. She decides to suffer through her morning lessons and tell him at recess. It’s cloudy today. Perfectly matches her mood.

She hears the recess bell ring. She is the first one out of the classroom. She decides to wait for the boy so they can talk together.

“I need to talk to you about something and I need to trust you with it,” she says to him.

“You can trust me with anything you want to trust me with,” he says.

“Okay well…”

She stops walking.

“Do you promise not to tell anyone? And to not think any less of me?”

“Why would I think less of you?”

“I don’t know…”

“Come on, what’s wrong?”

She pulls up her sleeve and shows him her wrist. 6 bright red scars. Each with its own story to tell. He doesn’t say anything. He just pulls her close to him and holds her. For a long time. When he finally does let go, he looks her in the eye and says,

“Do you promise me you won’t do it again?”

She hesitates. She doesn’t know if she can promise. She can try but she can’t promise.

“I promise.”

“Thank you.”

It gives her something to think about whenever she might feel like doing it again. ‘You promised him, you can’t break that promise.’ She considers telling her best friend. She decides she will. She gives the boy one more hug before she approaches her. She shows her the scars. She tries not to cry.

“I didn’t want to ruin your day so I told him first.”

“Don’t worry about it. Honestly, don’t.”

This makes her feel a lot better. But she still feels bad. They talk about it for the rest of recess, forgetting to eat anything. They sit there together, on the brick wall, slightly to the side of the main group of people. She can’t hold it in anymore. She bursts into tears. Just like she did last night. And do you know what her best friend said?

“Don’t cry. You haven’t done anything wrong. We’re here to support you. We love you. You don’t have to go through this by yourself. We’re going to find you the help that you need and then you won’t have to worry about this ever again, okay? Even though you don't see it, you are gorgeous, amazing, strong, nice, kind, caring, determined and perfect! You deserve so much more than what you are living in. I promise you babe things WILL get better, and I’m always here for you. Whenever, wherever.”

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: My Story <3

Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 3:54 PM

ComeAwayToTheWater wrote:
    really good

Thank you :)

Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I Love It!! Soo Sweet!!

Credit To FIXMYHEART

Made By SWIFTLYFEARLESS13

Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Lovestruck85 wrote:
    I Love It!! Soo Sweet!!

Thank you so much :')

Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I love this... it made me cry! I relate to this so much!!
    [/signature]

Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Aww sweet story shania! :) Your such a good writer! :) xx

STOP BULLYING

cloudnine, Av, ForeverEnchanted13

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 9:08 PM

*Swiftie*13 wrote:
    I love this... it made me cry! I relate to this so much!!
    [/signature][/quote]
    Aww sweetheart, that's so nice! Thank you :) xo

Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Bump xo

Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 5:26 AM

It's lovely - really touching

^Primafacie

Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 9:16 PM

JJ13 wrote:
    It's lovely - really touching

Thank you :')

Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 4:45 AM

Wow. That is amazing Shania.

Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Awww, this is so sweet. :'D

1- TTCGO 2- P13B 3-Daya 4-ALF

Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 5:01 AM

This is beautiful xxxx

-E- xxx

Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Thank you everyone :') xo

Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 4:41 PM

The only thing I can describe this as is sad, beautiful, and touching :,) great job!
    1. me 2. me avi: me

visit my graphic shop? Holly's graphic shoppe!

Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Starlight22 wrote:
    The only thing I can describe this as is sad, beautiful, and touching :,) great job!
    1. me 2. me avi: me

visit my graphic shop? Holly's graphic shoppe!

Thank you so so much :) xo

Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I don't know about everyone else, but that's like the best story I've ever read.

Great, great work.

Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 6:10 PM

OMG! So good.

Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Thank you everyone!! xxoxoxox

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 12:07 PM

So, I knew you were awesome and amazing and the best person ever, but I didn't know you WERE SUCH AN AMAZING WRITER! THIS IS FREAKING GENIUS BABE.

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 12:14 PM

BeautyFromPain13 wrote:
    So, I knew you were awesome and amazing and the best person ever, but I didn't know you WERE SUCH AN AMAZING WRITER! THIS IS FREAKING GENIUS BABE.

THANK YOU BABEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! XOXOXO Love you bestie :) xoxo

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.