Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

EnchantedSwift13's Songwriting Contest!

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Hey Swifties!
My name's Grace and I was thinking the other day, I've never held a songwriting contest! So, now's the time!
If you have any suggestions, feel free to PM me!

Rules
- No swearing
- No inappropriate themes
- Don't take other Swiftie's songs and label them as your own
- Has to be an original song, by you!
- Have fun!

Awards
1st Place: 5 points
2nd Place: 4 points
3rd Place: 3 points
Taylor Award (most like Tay): 4 points
Best Lyric: 4 points
Deepest Lyric: 3 points

ROUND ONE: CLOSED
Opens: 23rd January (Australian Time)
Closes: 28th January (My birthday!!)
Theme: No theme for round one!
Note: I will check back every day on the contest, and the winners will be announced on the 29th January!

ROUND TWO: OPEN
Opens: 30th January
Closes: 4th February
Theme: Fearless
Winners will be announced on the 5th February

ROUND THREE: CLOSED
Opens: 6th February
Closes: 11th February
Theme: New Love (Begin Again)
Winners will be announced on the 12th February

ROUND FOUR: CLOSED
Opens: 13th February
Closes: 18th February
Theme: The Lucky One (because it opens on the 13th)
Winners will be announced on the 19th February

Leaderboard!
- Treacherous Slope (5 points)
- SwiftieKat (4 points), dellasara13swifty (4 points), Mia:D (4 points)
- Sparklexxx (3 points) SwiftieHipster95 (3 points)

Xxx Grace!
Note: I will keep adding new rounds!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: EnchantedSwift13's Songwriting Contest!

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Heyy! I'm anna(: Here's my entry!!

This song that I recently wrote is basically about trying to not pay so much attention to the opposition I've been getting , and just take it in with what you feel by yourself without letting the outside influence affect you because after all it is your own life.

Our Story

We're laying upstairs in that bed
    just trying to make sense of this mess
    when just yesterday
    we were arguing
    screaming
    and I'd never felt so low
    as you get so frustrated
    that you throw
    your keys right out of that parked car window
    and I just want you to know//

{Chorus}:
    That I'm not going anywhere
    and I'm this close to doing absolutly anything
    just to get whats fair
    and now all I know is you and me
    and that I'm not gonna give this up
    for anything
    they should just let us be
    cause this is our story
    and we're in this together baby//

You called me cause you felt so bad
    about the way we left off
    and I love that you thought about me enough
    to come and pick me up
    face to face we talk
    and we're gonna figure this out together
    but right now I'd rather let you know...

{Chorus}:
    just to get whats fair
    for anything
    cause this is our story
    {Bridge}:

We're at the start of our lives
    and one day there won't have to be a fight
    for this love
    cause we'll know what we're made of
    cause baby this our story//

{Outro}: so tonight I'm just lying here in bed thinking about us together a scene plays out in my head, and its now our story//

Re: EnchantedSwift13's Songwriting Contest!

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Liveinlove05 wrote:
    Heyy! I'm anna(: Here's my entry!!

This song that I recently wrote is basically about trying to not pay so much attention to the opposition I've been getting , and just take it in with what you feel by yourself without letting the outside influence affect you because after all it is your own life.

Our Story

We're laying upstairs in that bed
    just trying to make sense of this mess
    when just yesterday
    we were arguing
    screaming
    and I'd never felt so low
    as you get so frustrated
    that you throw
    your keys right out of that parked car window
    and I just want you to know//

{Chorus}:
    just to get whats fair
    for anything
    cause this is our story

You called me cause you felt so bad
    about the way we left off
    and I love that you thought about me enough
    to come and pick me up
    face to face we talk
    and we're gonna figure this out together
    but right now I'd rather let you know...

{Chorus}:
    just to get whats fair
    for anything
    cause this is our story
    {Bridge}:

We're at the start of our lives
    and one day there won't have to be a fight
    for this love
    cause we'll know what we're made of
    cause baby this our story//

{Outro}: so tonight I'm just lying here in bed thinking about us together a scene plays out in my head, and its now our story//

That's really beautiful! Thanks for entering!

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 5:47 PM

sure(:

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 5:48 PM

good
    Taylor Swift

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Anyone else?

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Please join!!! :)
    “You're lucky enough to be different, never change” ~Taylor Swift

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Enchanted Elf 13 wrote:
    Please join!!! :)

Please enter!

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM

promise

i promise i won't break his heart
    i promise im not even a friend
    i promise i won't tear you apart
    i promise i won't make it end
    ~ music~
    i promise i won't steal his smile
    i wouldn't even make a mile
    i promise i cross my heart
    this thing we have is very sharp

chorus
    and i pray you believe me
    and i know it looks deceiving
    i promise im not a drive by
    i promise i won't play with your love
    but is a promise enough?

i promise i will tell the truth
    your boyfriend i don't know what to do
    i promise i won't make it clear
    i'll cover it up and pull it near
    but when he smiles, oh he smiles

reapet chorus

yes
    i do
    confess
    it feels nice when he's around
    but im not his type
    and its just a like
    and i swear i won't be around

reapet chorus
    a promise enough?

follow your dreams and be different every day:)
    be like a book ,open up and enjoy
    and always smile ,laugh,dream and love
    smiles
    mia

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 9:34 PM

mia:D wrote:
    promise

i promise i won't break his heart
    i promise im not even a friend
    i promise i won't tear you apart
    i promise i won't make it end
    ~ music~
    i promise i won't steal his smile
    i wouldn't even make a mile
    i promise i cross my heart
    this thing we have is very sharp

chorus
    and i pray you believe me
    and i know it looks deceiving
    i promise im not a drive by
    i promise i won't play with your love
    but is a promise enough?

i promise i will tell the truth
    your boyfriend i don't know what to do
    i promise i won't make it clear
    i'll cover it up and pull it near
    but when he smiles, oh he smiles

reapet chorus

yes
    i do
    confess
    it feels nice when he's around
    but im not his type
    and its just a like
    and i swear i won't be around

reapet chorus
    a promise enough?

follow your dreams and be different every day:)
    be like a book ,open up and enjoy
    and always smile ,laugh,dream and love
    smiles
    mia

It's amazing! Thanks for entering!!
    Anyone else?

Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Please enter! We need more entries :)

Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 2:03 AM

this is my song i wrote while day dreaming about what it would be like to fall in love in a surprising way. So i wrote this a bout a couple who meet at a party. They then cant stop thinking about each other but they never even exchanged names! so its just how their story starts and how love can be spontaneous, fun and crazy.
    Ive never had a boyfriend before so i just day dream about what it would be like and how it would feel to fall so hard for someone that you've never met but have this instant connection! please tell me what you think it would mean the world to me

To Our Story

Lights and streamers hung in trees
    You walk to me and I nearly faint
    Never met but want to
    You hold my hand
    And whisper
    “Come with me we’re going to soar tonight”

We danced danced danced to the best of the drum
    We sang sang sang to the lyrics of the song
    We dreamed dreamed dreamed like we were five
    We were falling falling falling for one another
    It was that birthday that changed our lives

Three seasons rolled on by and yet
    I still dream of that July night
    I had a blast of a time
    My mama tells me
    “Girl you’re too young
    To know what forever is” but with you I see it

Just as I start losing faith
    There’s a knock on my door
    You’re on my porch and you tell me
    “girl I don’t know your name or who you are
    But I need to know you and I’m still dreamin’ of ya
    Since that late July night
    Will you trust me and take my hand?
    And we can soar like we did that night?”
    And under the starlight on my front lawn

The birthday was only the first page
    Only the first page
    To our story

[/signature]

Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 2:22 AM

sparklexxx wrote:
    this is my song i wrote while day dreaming about what it would be like to fall in love in a surprising way. So i wrote this a bout a couple who meet at a party. They then cant stop thinking about each other but they never even exchanged names! so its just how their story starts and how love can be spontaneous, fun and crazy.
    Ive never had a boyfriend before so i just day dream about what it would be like and how it would feel to fall so hard for someone that you've never met but have this instant connection! please tell me what you think it would mean the world to me

To Our Story

Lights and streamers hung in trees
    You walk to me and I nearly faint
    Never met but want to
    You hold my hand
    And whisper
    “Come with me we’re going to soar tonight”

Three seasons rolled on by and yet
    I still dream of that July night
    I had a blast of a time
    My mama tells me
    “Girl you’re too young
    To know what forever is” but with you I see it

Just as I start losing faith
    There’s a knock on my door
    You’re on my porch and you tell me
    “girl I don’t know your name or who you are
    But I need to know you and I’m still dreamin’ of ya
    Since that late July night
    Will you trust me and take my hand?
    And we can soar like we did that night?”
    And under the starlight on my front lawn

The birthday was only the first page
    Only the first page
    To our story

[/signature][/quote]

Love it! Thanks for entering!

Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 5:02 AM

round 1:
    I wrote this about my "first love" or so I thought.
    L-U-V by Katie Thing

blue eyes,
    blond hair
    what a sin
    and I dared
    to try to Love
    for the fIrst time
    but at thirteen,
    i was so blind

he was enchanting
    and i fell hard
    when i should have Kept up my guard

and thEy told me
    don't fall for him
    and they told me
    Don't let him in

You spelled lOve like l-U-v
    which makes me think you never loved me
    it was a red flag
    that it would go Bad
    and unfortunatEly
    you never
    l-o-v-e-d...m-e

well who knew That i'd get so obsessed
    and fall righT in
    i'd nEver guessed my fiRst kiss
    Would Haunt mE
    five years arouNd the bend

I diDn't lIsten
    when they tolD me
    don't fall for him
    theN he showed me
    exacTly
    what they meant

you spelled love liKe l-u-v
    which makes me think you Never lOved me
    it Was a red flag
    that it would go bad
    and unfortunately
    you never
    l-o-v-e-d...m-e

and now you're married
    gonna start a new life with her
    and i'm stuck with the flashbacks
    of how we were

the i remember...

You spelled love like l-u-v
    which makes me think yOu never loved me
    it was a red flag
    that it would go bad
    and unfortunately
    yoU spelled love like l-u-v
    it was a red flag
    that it would go bad
    and unfortunately
    i feel like you could
    never
    ever
    l-o-v-e
    anybody

https://www.facebook.com/KatieThing
    ^^^^^ my music page on facebook =)

"I didn't say half the things I wanted to"

Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 4:25 PM

lovelykate13 wrote:
    round 1:
    I wrote this about my "first love" or so I thought.
    L-U-V by Katie Thing

blue eyes,
    blond hair
    what a sin
    and I dared
    to try to Love
    for the fIrst time
    but at thirteen,
    i was so blind

he was enchanting
    and i fell hard
    when i should have Kept up my guard

and thEy told me
    don't fall for him
    and they told me
    Don't let him in

You spelled lOve like l-U-v
    it was a red flag
    that it would go Bad
    and unfortunatEly
    you never
    l-o-v-e-d...m-e

well who knew That i'd get so obsessed
    and fall righT in
    i'd nEver guessed my fiRst kiss
    Would Haunt mE
    five years arouNd the bend

I diDn't lIsten
    when they tolD me
    don't fall for him
    theN he showed me
    exacTly
    what they meant

you spelled love liKe l-u-v
    which makes me think you Never lOved me
    it Was a red flag
    that it would go bad
    and unfortunately
    you never
    l-o-v-e-d...m-e

and now you're married
    gonna start a new life with her
    and i'm stuck with the flashbacks
    of how we were

the i remember...

You spelled love like l-u-v
    which makes me think yOu never loved me
    it was a red flag
    that it would go bad
    and unfortunately
    yoU spelled love like l-u-v
    it was a red flag
    that it would go bad
    and unfortunately
    i feel like you could
    never
    ever
    l-o-v-e
    anybody

https://www.facebook.com/KatieThing
    ^^^^^ my music page on facebook =)

"I didn't say half the things I wanted to"

This is so relatable! Thanks for entering!

Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I wrote this song about a boy who has trouble letting a girl in, because he has real feelings for her but he was once hurt really bad and now he feels all those feelings rushing back when he meets this new girl. The thing is the girl knows what is going on in his head, and this is her feelings about it...

Tonight

Verse 1:
    A storm is moving in
    You never let me in
    I can't help but wonder whats on your mind
    I'm searching for a clue
    I'm waiting for the queue
    For you to let me in

Pre Chorus:
    Everything is wrong
    Nothing is right
    You cannot see the light
    But I know whats on your mind

Chorus:
    You're out in the dark
    searching for me
    And everything we could be
    Wonder if anyone sees the
    real you besides me
    I can't tell you if they do
    I can't tell you if they will
    Just walk me home tonight

Verse 2:
    The rain clouds are filling up the sky
    The street lights are our only light
    The stars are hiding behind the black clouds tonight
    Your searching for an answer of whats wrong
    And whats right
    Trying to decide if you should fight
    These feelings that have come over you

Pre Chorus:
    Everything is wrong
    Nothing is right
    You cannot see the light

Chorus:
    You're out in the dark
    searching for me
    real you besides me

Bridge:
    You've fought these feelings you've had
    For so long
    It all comes rushing out like a downpour
    From the clouds
    You reach in closer grab my hand
    Run your fingers through my hair
    Everyone around us stops and stares

End Verse:
    You take my hand and walk me home tonight

Credit for the BEAUTIFUL signature and avatar goes to "TakeAwayThePain"

Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 3:00 AM

SwiftieHipster95 wrote:
    I wrote this song about a boy who has trouble letting a girl in, because he has real feelings for her but he was once hurt really bad and now he feels all those feelings rushing back when he meets this new girl. The thing is the girl knows what is going on in his head, and this is her feelings about it...

Tonight

Verse 1:
    A storm is moving in
    You never let me in
    I can't help but wonder whats on your mind
    I'm searching for a clue
    I'm waiting for the queue
    For you to let me in

Pre Chorus:
    Everything is wrong
    Nothing is right
    You cannot see the light

Chorus:
    You're out in the dark
    searching for me
    real you besides me

Verse 2:
    The rain clouds are filling up the sky
    The street lights are our only light
    The stars are hiding behind the black clouds tonight
    Your searching for an answer of whats wrong
    And whats right
    Trying to decide if you should fight
    These feelings that have come over you

Pre Chorus:
    Everything is wrong
    Nothing is right
    You cannot see the light

Chorus:
    You're out in the dark
    searching for me
    real you besides me

Bridge:
    You've fought these feelings you've had
    For so long
    It all comes rushing out like a downpour
    From the clouds
    You reach in closer grab my hand
    Run your fingers through my hair
    Everyone around us stops and stares

End Verse:
    You take my hand and walk me home tonight

Credit for the BEAUTIFUL signature and avatar goes to "TakeAwayThePain"

Awesome!! Thanks for entering!!

Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 3:29 PM

2 more days guys!!! Please enter!! :)

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Please enter!!!

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I really need some more entries!! Pretty please??

There is nothing I do Better Than Revenge

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 3:06 AM

hey! this is a song about when you have a fight with someone and in the heat of the fight you let them go but the regret and know that you'd do anything to get them back:)
    A million miles

VERSE 1- And I, flashback to the night,
    You and I, all alone at midnight
    Our voices rise, anger in our eyes
    Our very first fight

Packing of bags, slamming of doors
    Running off into the night
    Tears in my eyes, left all alone
    Under the streetlight

PRE CHORUS- I'm wasting my days, your slipping away
    I drop everything now
    I need you back somehow

CHORUS- And I would drive all night
    Just to get you in my sights
    And I would jump on the train
    To stop you getting away
    And every stop sign I would knock down
    Through very city every village every small town
    Cause I'd dri-i-i-i-ive
    A million miles

VERSE 2- I think back in regret, of all the things I said
    In the heat of the moment
    I stare at the pictures, that cover the walls
    Stare at my phone, your ignoring my calls
    You won't pick up, but I won't give up

The words I screamed, were not what they seemed
    And in my dreams you come back to me
    The words you said sting my mind, like a swarm of bees
    So I drop my phone and I grab my keys!

PRE CHORUS- I let you get away, my mistake
    Now it's my chance to take

CHORUS- And I would drive all night
    And I would jump on the train
    To stop you getting away
    Cause I'd dri-i-i-i-ive
    A million miles

BRIDGE- A million miles, and more
    A million miles, to your door
    But baby will you let me in?
    I'll love you through thick and thin
    Oh baby please let me in once more
    Cause baby to get to your door...

CHORUS- I had to drive all night
    And I came all this way
    To tell you I love you in every way
    And baby all that I know now
    Is that your something I can't live without
    Cause I'd dri-i-i-i-ive
    A million miles

LAST CHORUS- And I would drive all night
    Just to keep you by my side
    And I walk all the way
    If that's what it would take
    Cause I would driiiiive
    And I would driiiiiive
    A million miles
    A million miles to you
    A million miles
    A million miles for you

A million miles, that led me to you
    A million miles.
    Thank you Taylor, you made things change for me...

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.