1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Speak now, dueted

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 7:30 AM

This is my new fan-fic. I started seeing these around here and one of my friends started one so I figured I'd start one. Hope you like it and here comes the story of
Speak Now
Duetted.
Btw, if you're a twitter user, share the link to taylor and maybe some of her band members. I'd be Greatful!
LONG LIVE SWIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: Speak now, dueted

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Prologue

I sit in the dressing room alone. I can hear the crowd just going nuts for the opening act, a young girl named Emily Brooke, through the concrete walls of the memorial coliseum. I can't believe I got this chance. I'm about go out on stage for the first time ever, as part of a headlining act! The camera man behind me is standing there, and the silence in this room is so loud I can barely think.
    "You ready for this, Mr. Wiard?" The camera guy asks. I think his name is Matt.
    "Oh my goodness, you have no idea" I tell him.
    Three months of rehearsals could never prepare me for something like this. No amount of preparation could have ever gotten me even so close to this.
    a knock on the door shakes me from my silent thoughts.
    "Mr. Wiard, Ms. Brooke has left the stage. You requested me to come for you when that happens."
    " yes. Yes here I come." I tell him. I grab a string of yarn I've had for two years now. It's nothing but a long bit of yarn I crocheted a long time ago that I tied into a very large circle rope thing. I look for the tied end and place it on my wrist. And as I walk out the door, I begin to wrap it around my wrist by twisting it and pulling my hand through the new hole until it fits snugly around my wrist, weaving it in between my fingers and around my thumb and pinky fingers. It's like my equivalent of Michael Jackson's white glove or Taylor's 13. Just a bit of a good luck charm that's kinda fuzzy. I meet the band in the circle I've always dreamed about being a part of. Everyone I've admired for the better part of two or three years is there. My hair is waved to the side just how I like it, Paul and Amos, Caitlin and the four back up singers, even Liz made it here tonight for this special event. And then there she is. My celebrity wife. The woman I've Idolized for years and only dreamed of performing with, right there in fron of me. Wired up, ear monitors hanging from her neck, hair back in my oh so favorite curls, just like when she did this for over 100 shows, back in her gold, sparkly dress with the amazing frays that move with every move she makes. Pure beauty right next to me, about to do this show one last time with me, some random super fan with the same dream of performing for thousands of fans.
    "Alright are we ready to do this, guys?" She's asks the group. We all reply with our affirmations. Then every one looked at me, and I recognized that it was my turn to speak. Haha, ironic.
    "Wow, this is incredible" I start, "well I just want to say that I'm like, super excited to be here tonight. This is something I've only dreamed of doing my entire life and to be able to start my journey with such an icon in today's society, oh my god, I couldn't think of a better way to do it then right here and right now." Everyone smiles and listens to me intently. They are definately understanding. Something I haven't had for a while now. The feeling is just pure bliss.
    "Thank you so much for believing in me from some simple YouTube videos. I so look forward to working with you guys to try and get my life started. I can't believe this is happening. Thank you."
    we put our hands in the middle of the circle, yelled "Fort Wayne!", and went to our places. The band took the stage as the lights went down, resulting in the crowd going insane. We stood under the stage on the rising platform, waiting to be lifted into the show. Then the intro started. The magical words that always inspired me to want to do is.
    "Real life is a funny thing, you know..."
    I still couldn't believe it. It was all so absurd, I could only be dreaming.
    "I think most of us fear looking back and regretting the moments when we didnt speak up."
    My teenage dream come true.
    " like when we didnt say I love you
    Or when we should have said I'm sorry."
    The crowd was going insane and I just sat there, microphone in hand now, wrist yarn tied around the way I want it, my "RED" bracelet, hunger games bracelet, and the bracelet my cousin gave me last Christmas all on. Hair in the starting position, because I know it's going to get disheveled throughout the show. Sleeves rolled up to my elbows, glasses handed off to one of the stage hands. I knew right then, this was going to be great.
    "There's a time for silence, and there's a time for waiting your turn
    But if you know how you feel and you so clearly know what you need to say
    Then you'll know it."
    This was it
    " I don't think you should wait"
    Here we go.
    "I think you should speak now"
    The band started the intro, fog enveloped us as taylor swift and Austin Wiard rose out from beneath the stage, to a couple thousand of screaming fans, my family and friends, and newspaper and media outlets alike.
    This was it.

Re: Speak now, dueted

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 2:36 PM

COOL! KEEP GOING, I WANT MORE! XD

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:36 PM

staystaystay13 wrote:

Here comes chapter one! This is going to be a super long project. Be prepared to be amazed

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:40 PM

longliveswift wrote:
    staystaystay13 wrote:

Here comes chapter one! This is going to be a super long project. Be prepared to be amazed

Okay! :D

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Alright there's a few things I want to cover before I post chapter one and on. This is chronicalling a concert/ documentary type deal. I've been sitting on this for about a straight year now and I'm so glad I can get all of this out in a cool way.
    During the actual songs, there will be the lyrics of the songs and in parenthesis, will be the stage directions, actions, and things that are going on on stage. I will do my best to go back and forth with as less confusion as possible, I promise. So just hang in there, I know it's a lot to read at once so if you're just getting into this, be prepared to be amazed. And to read. I love to write so this gives me an opportunity to write a story and feel good about it.
    Hope you're ready for this, cuz I'm speaking now!

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Chapter 1:Sparks Fly

"DROP EVERYTHING NOW!" We yell into the mic. The crowd goes wild as the music hits the cresendo and the song officially starts. Me and taylor go separate ways on the main part of the stage, she goes stage left, I go stage right. As the music repeats the opening phrase, taylor and I reverse our path and travel towards each other. When we come near each other, we give one of those high five/low fives where we give a high five then reach down for a low. Success! We then go in opposite directions, towards the side ramps of the stage, toward the lower level seats. The phrase nears its end and I raise my mic to my mouth...

The way you move is like a
    Full on rainstorm
    (I have ascended the ramp and am now facing the audience in the lower deck, by this time I have come to a halt and taylor has done the same yet she is not singing.)

And I'm a house of cards
    You're the
    Kind of reckless that should send me runnin but I
    (I turn and face the audience as a whole when I come to this line.)
    Kinda know that I won't get far
    (As I sing this, I flick my finger in the no gesture, then turn and start down the ramp, with these next lines)
    And you stood there in front of me just
    Close enough to touch
    Close enough to hope you couldn't
    See what I was thinking of
    ( by this time I have made my way to the head of the T and have either stopped or just made it. I am human after all. Taylor joins vocals at this point)
    DROP EVERYTHING NOW
    (To stage left of the T)
    Meet me in the
    Pourin rain
    (Stop at the edge of left side of top of T and sing to the left)
    Kiss me on the side walk
    Take away the pain
    (Face forward)
    Cuz I see
    Sparks fly
    Whenever you smile
    (To stage right of top of T)
    Hit me with those green eyes baby
    As the lights go down
    Give me something that'll haunt me
    (At stage left)
    When your not around
    (Pan my veiw around as I sing)
    Cuz I see
    Sparks fly
    Whenever
    You-ooh-ooh
    Smile
    (Music takes back over and me and taylor start walking towards the center. We meet at center stage, do the high/low five thing again, and go off to separate sides of the main stage, only opposite the first verse. The same thing happens just like in the first verse except that taylor sings this time, just like I did)

My mind forgets to remind me that
    Your a bad idea
    (Up on the side ramps)
    You touch me once and it's
    Really something you find
    I'm even better than you
    Imagined I would be
    (Taylor walks down the ramp just like I did. I stay where I'm at. This time, the vocals have reversed so...)
    I'm on my guard from the rest of the world
    But with you
    I know it's no good.
    (She makes her way to the top of the T as she sings)
    And I could wait
    Patiently but I
    Really wish you would
    (I jump in with vocals)
    DROP EVERYTHING NOW!
    Meet me in the pouring rain
    Kiss me on the sidewalk
    Take away the pain cuz
    I see
    Sparks fly
    Whenever you smile
    (Taylor's doing basically the same thing I was doing during my chorus and I'm up on the stage right ramp, providing back up vocals.)
    Hit me with your green eyes baby
    As the lights go down
    Give me something that will haunt me
    When you're not around
    I see
    Sparks fly whenever
    You-ooh-ooh
    Smile
    (Taylor skips up to the main stage and does the hair flip with Caitlin like always. I begin to go down the ramp towards the main stage. Then as taylor does her hair flip towards grant while he plays his little solo. I, meanwhile, am giving high fives to the crowd up front in time with the music, right before the bridge or middle part of the song. As the music reaches that point, me and taylor meet at center stage, we reach out our free hands and put our hands in each others hair, doing our best to rub our hands through the others hair as we walk in circles around each other.)
    I run my fingers
    Through your hair and
    Watch the lights go wild
    ( on cue the lighting goes nuts and me and taylor grasp arms cuz what the audience didnt see was that we had wires on the entire song and now we are being lifted and spun in a circle above the stage, arms grasped, singing and staring right into each others eyes)
    Just keep on keepin your eyes in me it's just
    Wrong enough to make it feel right.
    (Now hopefully we will have this timed to where we are in the right spots in the air for this. We let go and fly in separate directions. She stage right, me stage left, to the stair cases on either side of the stage, land, and sing as we are stepping up the stairs)
    Lead me up
    The stair case
    Won't you whisper soft and slow
    (Me)
    Captivated by you baby
    (Taylor)
    Like a firework show
    Drop everything
    (Me)
    Now
    ( we put our hands together but don't clasp them, and walk in an elegant circle, slowly with the extension of the song.
    Meet me in the pourin rain
    Drop everything now
    (Music, still me)
    Take away take away the pain
    Drop everything
    (Taylor and I fade out with the now. As we say now, we reach our free hands up, in a half circle toward the other, and end with our hands around each others waist, and taylor continues)
    Now
    (Music)
    Drop everything now
    (Music)
    Take away take away the pain
    Drop everything
    (We straighten out and face the audience, side by side and sing together)
    Now
    Kiss me on the sidewalk
    Take away the pain cuz
    (We take a step toward the elegant staircase in the center of the rise with every beat of this part of the song)
    Cuz I see(step)
    Sparks fly(step)
    Whenever you
    Smile
    (We slide down the rail towards the floor of the stage, singing when we need to)
    Hit me with those
    Green eyes baby as our lights go down
    (When we reach the bottom of the stair case during that line,we start walking out onto the T. )
    Give me something that will haunt me when your not around
    (When we reache the middle of the top of the T, we stop and sing the last few lines of the phrase)
    Cuz I see
    Sparks fly
    Whenever you
    Smile
    ( we go separate ways on the T)
    When the sparks fly
    Oh baby
    (Me, as I stop at the end and turn afterwards)
    Smile.
    (As e music ends, we wave our hair and move from one side of the T to the other, walking, waving, and hair flipping to the beat as the songs comes to a close. When the last note plays out, taylor and I have met in the middle of the T and stand there, free hands clasped and raised, and the crowd screams. We now as the band plays the stinger and everything is quiet as the crowd screams in delight)

The crowd is screaming! They're actually screaming! And they're looking up at me and they're jumping for joy. For me! And taylor of course, but I couldn't believe it. Just a kid from Fort Wayne, not knowing how he was going to make it in the world until taylor found him on youtube. For the first time in forever, I was truly happy. I was in the moment, nothing was bothering me, nothing was holding me back. The start of this night, started good. And I knew that I could only get better from here. This is how I spoke now on stage with my favorite girl in the world, outside my family of course. This is how my life started.

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 5:03 PM

For future reference, the concert I'm basing this off of is her speak now tour DVD. Here are justo few key terms you should know.
    Stage left/right- left and right based on the persons view of the audience. So when me and taylor are facing the audience, it's our left and right but when the audience is facing us, it's their right and left. Follow me so far.
    The ramps are the sides of the stage that rise up to the audience right by the side of the stage,under the side screens.
    The T is the part of the stage that goes out in the middle of the stage. It's shaped as a Capitol T so therefore it's is a T.
    The island is the second stage taylor goes out to during the show, (spoiler alert!)
    And now for chapter two
    Mine

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Chapter 2: Mine

we stood there with the crowd screaming our names. I mean they were just going nuts! And I was still in my shock! It was all real! It was actually happening. And it's working! People love me. I couldn't stop smiling because I was really standing there with Taylor Swift! She was right next to me, onstage, holding my hand high to all these strangers. It was so magical. I'm so glad she did this for me. Finally, after what felt like years, the spotlights cut off and taylor and I went back up to the main stage. The stage hand who had taken my glasses handed me a slick looking, dark blue Gibson les paul. It was super sleek and it shined so beautifully, I get very privileged to be even touching it, which I was. Lets face it, this was a once in a life time opportunity that I of all billions of people on earth got to do. So yeah, I was privledged.

(Me)
    Uh oh ooh uh oh
    (Taylor is waving her hair to the beat. She doesn't have a guitar, since I have one. She's lead vocals on this song.)
    (Taylor)
    Uh oh ooh oh oh
    (Music)
    You were in college workin
    Part time waitin tables
    Left a small town
    Never looked back
    I was a flight risk
    With a feat of fallin
    Wondering how we bothered with love if it never lasts

They say can you believe it
    As we're lyin on the couch
    The moment I can see it
    Yes, yes
    I can see it now

Do you remember we were sittin there
    By the water
    You put your arms around me
    For the first time
    Made a Rebel out of a careless mans careful daughter
    You are the best thing
    (Taylor)
    That's ever been mine.
    (Taylor grabs her mic from her mic stand and her and I go to the stage left ramp.)
    (Taylor)
    Flash forward and were
    Taking on the world together
    And there's a drawer of my things at your place
    You learn my secrets and you figure out
    Why I'm guarded
    You say well never make my parents mistakes.
    (Taylor goes back down the ramp and starts towards the other ramp)
    But we got bills to pay
    We got nothin figured out
    When it was hard to take
    Yes yes
    This is what I talked about

Do you remember we were sittin there
    By the water
    You put your arms around me
    For the first time
    Made a rebel out of a careless mans careful daughter
    You are the best thing
    That's ever been mine
    Do you remember all the city lights
    On the water
    You saw me start to believe
    For the first time
    Made a rebel out of a careless mans careful daughter
    You are the best thing
    That's ever been mine
    (As I the solo starts, I step away from my mic on the stage left ramp. As we play the first surge in music, I slide down the ramp on my knees and get up to run to center stage where taylor, Amos, Paul, and Michael are standing and hop on the end of that line. Then we kinda head bang with the music as the solo ends and we move back in front of microphones. And taylor takes center stage. We harmonize while she sings the bridge)
    And I remember that fight
    2:30 am
    Said everything was slipping right out of our I hands
    I ran out cryin and you followed me out into the street

Braced myself for the good by
    Cuz it's all ie ever known
    Then you took me by surprise
    You said I'll never leave you alone.
    (Then we all throw up hearts with our hands. The crowd screams and follows suit as the house lights shines down on them. Paul plays his little solo and the house lights dim and taylor continues)
    You said
    I remember how we felt sittin by the water
    And everytime I look at you
    It's like the first time
    Fell in love with a careless mans careful daughter
    She is the best thing that's ever been
    Mine!
    (We sing
    Hold on
    Well make it last
    Hold on
    Never turn back)
    You made a rebel out of a careless mans careful daughter
    You are the best thing that's ever been mine
    (Yes, yes, yes)
    Do you believe it
    (Yes yes yes)
    We're gonna make it now
    (Yes yes yes)
    And I can see it
    (Yes yes)
    I can see it now
    (See it now[see it now])

the crowd goes nuts again. The energy level is just high with excitement and I'm so super excited about this. It's a good sign about the night.

Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:31 AM

chapter 3: the story of us: behind the scenes

"when she called me, I was like, (gasp)"
    Taylor and the interviewer from news channel 15 laughed with me. It was a few weeks before the show date. I had stirred up a lot of attention among Fort Wayne. It was kind of expected since, you know, I was going to perform with Taylor Swift and I wasn't even known by anybody. You'd imagine that I would be like, the center of everything of the next few weeks and months. And the fact that taylor was performing in Fort Wayne was a pretty big deal cuz the coliseum wasn't you, like the bankers life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, where taylor usually performs when she comes to Indiana. So there was buzz all around the project. And the fact that it wasn't going to be anything from red also had some stories.
    "Like I couldn't believe it," I continued, " I mean like I had no experience what so ever and she just took this chance on me that no one else would do. It's pretty cool."
    This entire thing started because of a video of me in my high school talent show singing you belong with me with a few friends. We put together this incredible stage show with dancing, a small costume change, and basically a small concert experiance, where we tried to get the audience involved. I got some of my friends from the guard to dance with us and when the call came, we were already prepared. We had our show planned, all we needed to do was get together to learn the dance and how the songs would progress and where people would be at certain points.

"We were going to do three songs from taylor: you belong with me, speak now, and I knew you were trouble and I had great plans for each song. Of course I couldn't do it exactly the way I wanted to, haha. But I am pretty pleased on how things turned, definately now since I'm, ha, performing with my idol. I'm I must be like the luckiest son of a gun right now. This is definately far beyond my expectations. I mean I always kinda hoped for this and wished and like prayed 'hey God if this could happen you know, I'd be pretty pleased' you know. But for it to actually happen in front of a legit sold out crowd, I couldn't have asked for anything better to happen from this."

At my house, the day I am supposed to see the stage of the first time...

the truck pulls up to my house at 8. I've been up since 6 with excitement. Today is a monumental day. I get to see the stage in its finished state. It's not much different when she used it for her speak now tour, except we made some minor changes to accommodate for the new stuff I wanted to add to the show. I remember that day cuz it was the day I basically pitched my idea to her and the entire crew in charge of this event. I went through every song, every action, every minor detail, and they were totally for it. I was so happy.
    the truck honked and I walked out the door. When I got in, taylor was there and you could tell she was genuinely excited about this too. Her band was there too. I got in and we were off to the warehouse. Taylor asked me how my morning was so far and I said good. Hadn't done much except wait with excitement for this moment. I couldn't wait. I already knew how it looked but seeing it in real life was going to be amazing.
    we pulled up to the warehouse. It was an amazing day. jacket weather is what I called it. Perfect for jeans and a hoodie. Hoodies are kind of my safety blanket. I can't stand it without having one or some sort of outer layer from my shirt. Don't really know where I get it but that's all I know. We all just stand out there, we are supposed to go in at nine. So we stood out there while we waited, just talking and stuff. Finally the guy who was presenting the stage came out at 8:45 to let us in the building. We were in the offices of the old warehouse, teeming with excitement. Finally nine came and the guy came back with a smile. He led us to the door and opened it. it was pitch black in the room. I put my hands over my eyes and when I heard the lights switch on, I opened them.
    there it was. Just like I imagined it. From the left ramp, down to the wood stage floor, the balcony enchanting, reaching around the back of the actual stage. The stair case on the my left of the main stage circled up around where the percussion and keyboards would go in one curve up to the second level. The spiral staircase on my right on the main section of the stage spiraled in towards the center and ended coming out towards the audience, with a set of stairs behind it for dancers and others to get up secretly to the balcony. The keyboards and percussion instruments, and the Al's drum set were all being set up. Every one was in total amazement. More so me, considering I've never seen my work displayed like this,but we were all very much impressed by the stage. I did make a couple changes to the original design. The side stair cases exited out towards the audience, with side steps that led back stage. And there were wires being strung above as well as space in the back of the balcony for a prop used on a later song. Also, cat walks that would lift out of the stage and rotate out over the audience during one of the songs. The island does not have the tree taylor used, instead we returned to just the platform only in the shape of a square with mic stands at all four corners. A couple surprises lurked beneath it as well. We had a really good show planned.

Weeks later at rehearsal for story of us, first time...

I'm at the front of a crowd of people, explaining how the song is going to run.
    "Alright so how this is going to work, me and taylor, after mine, are going to go up the T and were going to talk to the crowd. Taylor's going to introduce me to the crowd, they might go nuts, they might not, that all depends on how the first couple of songs go...

Later on in the rehearsals...

"Well hello Fort Wayne Indiana!" Taylor says to a pretend audience. I can just hear the screams in my head as she says it.
    "How's that?" She asked me.
    "I love it!" I say.
    She continues...

Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM

GOOD JOB!

RE: Speak now, dueted

Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Chapter four: the story of us, speech and song

The crowd is going wild! Taylor and I stand there, sizzling for effect while the band prepares for the next song. The stage hand comes and takes my guitar for me as Al starts a beat. The guitarists then follow with a melody similar to the next songs. Me and taylor look at each other, smile, then walk out on the T. She stops at the top of the T and I stand just behind her.
    "Well hello Fort Wayne Indiana!" She says to the crowd. They are beyond ecstatic.
    "So my name is taylor, and I understand that you guys didn't get to see my speak now tour when I came through here last." She pauses for effect.
    "Well ladies and gentleman, this is no ordinary speak now show. Ladies and gentleman of Fort Wayne Indiana, meet my new friend Austin Wiard!"
    The audience screams loudly as I stand there in awe. They're all, or mostly all, are screaming for me. And me only right now. It was a moment for me. I stood there stupidly, smiling like a geek, which I was. Then I put on a serious face and walked forward, raising my mic to my lips.
    "Well thanks for the cheering" I say. In the back of my mind, I think 'what a dorky thing to say, could've had a much better opening statement than THAT!' But the crowd kept cheering.
    "Wow. This is incredible! I can't believe I get to do this. It's such a great opportunity to stand here. I mean, nothing beats a veiw from the stage" the audience seems to be on the same page. They're still screaming for me.
    "I agree" taylor comments. I almost forgot she was there for a moment.
    " man, you guys. Ill tell you what, coming out of that platform," I point to where taylor and I entered the show, and seeing you guys all shining and screaming, and so full of energy! Man, I was blown away."
    The audience seemed to be taking this well. They were screaming at their accomplishment.
    "You guys want to know what fascinates me the most?" More screaming. "What fascinates me the most is that, all of us have our different lives. We all come from different backrounds, different circumstances, different cities, neighborhoods, even states. We all have our own lives and yet, on this night, here at the Allen county war memorial coliseum in Fort Wayne Indiana, all of our stories collide into this room." Screaming audience.
    "Like those people out there in the middle of the floor, and you guys here, right next to the stage" I pointed out to the people in the middle of the floor and walked to my left on the T pointing to the audience.
    "And you guys way over there in the back who can barely see what's going on on stage, and definately you guys who are up in the nosebleeds, all of you, are all here tonight to share the stories of each other, and most importantly, this lady right here" I pointed to taylor
    "And of course me, haha. So I just want to ask you guys, two questions."
    The crowd paid attention intently
    " question number one: are you guys liking me so far?"
    The crowd screamed in delight. I smiled like a fool with candy. It was such a magical moment right then.
    "And question number two: are you ready?"
    The crowd screamed louder, and me and taylor split going to separate ends of the T, as the music started to crescendo. We gestured with our hands for the audience to make as much noise as possible then we switched sides, leaning out to the audience as if pulling them in. Finally we got back into the middle of the T and made gestures for silence. After two seconds of magical silence, Taylor yelled "GO!"

(Music for the story of us begins. Taylor and me jump for a measure and then she skip-runs back to the stage, making her way up to the balcony and the gazebo to the audience right of the stage where dancers have ascended the stairs and start their work, leaving me alone on the T dancing and jumping as if I was in Charlie Brown. Then the first verse comes and I sing. )

I used to think one day
    I'd tell the story of us
    How we met and the sparks flew
    Instantly
    And people'd say
    "They're the lucky ones"

I used to know my place
    Was the spot next to you
    Now I'm searching the room for an empty seat
    Lately I don't even know what page you're on

Oh
    The simple complications
    Miscommunication
    Leads to fall out
    So many things that I wish you knew
    So many walls up
    I can't break through

Now I'm standing alone
    In a crowded room and
    We're not
    Speakin
    And I'm dyin to know
    Is it killin you like
    It's killin me
    Yeah
    I don't know what to say
    It's just a twist of fate
    And we're goin down
    And the story of us
    Looks
    A lot like tragedy now
    (I wave my hair with the music.)
    Next chapter
    (As I say it,I raise my free hand at the same time two dancers pop out of the stage. I run up towards the stage where taylor and I stand next to each other. Here the second verse begins with taylor singing)

How did we end up this way
    You see me pulling at my clothes
    Tryin to look busy
    (We do so)
    And your doin your best to avoid me.
    ( the dancers stop and everyone shakes their head in time with the music here. At the end of the musical phrase, we all scatter in different directions. I head towards the spiral staircase stage left)
    Startin to think
    One day
    I'd tell the story of us
    How I was losing my mind when I saw you here
    But you held your bride like you should've held me
    (At this point, I have started across the balcony with two dancers, a guy and girl, holding the girl as taylor sings the appropriate line)
    Oh
    How could this be the ending
    Why are we pretending this is
    Nothin
    I'd tell oh I miss you but
    I don't know how
    I've never heard silence quite this loud!
    (Me and taylor)

Now I'm standin alone
    In a crowded room and
    We're not speaking
    And now I'm dyin to know
    Is it killin you like
    It's killin me yeah
    I don't know what to say
    It's just the twist of fate
    When it all fell down
    And the story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now.
    ( me and the dancers spin towards the main staircase in time with the music and rig before the guitar solo, I yell)
    "Let me see you jump!"
    ( every one jumps for the guitar solo. Wen it ends and the extended solo starts, the dancers lead me down the stairs and the dancers on the floor lead taylor to the stair case, both of us pretending not to know what's going on. Then we find out that the dancers are putting us together and we look away from each other in disgust. Then I turn to her and we walk forward, me pretending to explain something to her, her blowing me off cuz she doesn't care what I say. We got to the end of the T and taylor Stepped away from me a bit, and starts singing)
    This is looking like a contest
    (As she sings, she's gesturing me away)
    Who can act like they careless
    (We go separate ways on the T, I go stage left, her stage right.)
    But I liked it better when
    You were on my side
    (As I get to my end of the T, I'm miming that Taylor crazy. As she sings the last line, I look at her with a longing glance, then I kneeled and sang)
    The battles in your hands now
    But I would lay my armor down
    If you'd say
    You'd rather
    Love than
    Fight
    (I hop up and start towards the middle of the T, as taylor sings)
    So many things that you wish I knew
    (I start tossing as she starts towards the center)
    But the story of us might sending soon!
    (We're in the center and the dancers are doing their thing. Taylor and I both sing)
    Now I'm standing alone
    In a crowded room and were not
    Speaking
    (Taylor and I go opposite ways, me going stage right)
    And I'm dyin to know
    Is it killin you like
    It's killin me
    Yeah
    (Taylor and I turn towards the center and walk forward,)
    I don't know what to say its just the
    Twist of fate
    When it all broke down
    And the story of us looks a lot like a tragedy
    (I sing as taylor goes up the T towards the main stage)
    Now, now, now
    (Then taylor sings as I go up the T)
    Now, now, now
    (Me and taylor are at the same spot, we both sing)
    Now
    Now
    Nooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And we're not speakin
    (We separate going different directions on the main stage. Still both singing)
    And I'm dyin to know
    Is it killin you like
    It's killin me
    Yeah
    I don't know what to say
    It's just the twist of fate
    When it all broke down
    And the story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now
    (Me and taylor rush towards the center as the song comes to a close. The music ends and taylor puts her hand in my face as I am about to say something to her)
    The end
    ( the lights go down and the crowd goes wild)

Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 6:52 AM

staystaystay13 wrote:
    GOOD JOB!

Thank you so much!

Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Chapter five: I cannotplay guitar

"I really don't know how to play guitar" I told the interviewer.
    embarking in on this project, I knew that I had wanted to like play for a couple songs, even though I really had no experiance, and when I would like, act the show out in my room, I'd always like, grab my guitar or something that resembled a guitar, and I would jam out on that and try to listen into how like the rhythm guitar sounds to me and how I could maybe like mime along with it, haha.

At a rehearsal one day, discussing how were doing our song...

"So for our song, lets work on the entrance. This will be after bryan, [the dancer] does his tap dance deal. Me and taylor will come up out of the stage like in the original. And on the like, gazebo thing, instead of just her banjo, one of my guitars."

I have this guitar that my grandpa Wiard gave me when I was about 13 or 14. It's really cool because instead of the normal sound hole in the center of the body, it has two cut outs on either side of the strings, much like that of a cello or a violin, and I've always wanted to play it but it was really old, and worn down, and it just wasn't playable. So when taylor found me on YouTube, I told her I had wanted to play it and she got it basically restored. It was really cool to be able to play it in its full function.

"So I've always seen this as like you and me just kinda jamming, as if we're kinda stumbling upon like writing the song" I say.
    "So like a jam session?" Taylor asked.
    "Yeah. So you're going to start with your banjo" I point to her and she starts playing the melody she played to intro the song.
    "Then I'll join in with my guitar"

Taylor had to teach me a lot of like techniques on the guitar because, I cannot sing and play to save my life. I've tried many times and it usually ended up that I either strum with the vocals or forget the words and normally end in me swearing and stopping and like just fuming. It wasn't a pretty site, that's for sure.

Taylor talking...
    I had to teach him how to like play everything which was pretty simple. He had had guitar lessons but never really picked up like names of chords but it was obvious in his chord progressions and how easy he picked up the finger placings and movements that in no time he was playing fluently. Then he had to learn how to sing at the same time

Me...

I am so terrible at singing and playing at the same time. Me and taylor spent hours, at a time trying to help me sing and play. It was awful, and mainly because I would, like, mess up once and it would just completely throw me off and I would get so mad! So, I asked her if like there was some like, simple deal I could play while I sing and uh, we worked it out.

The elevator process was fun. Basically the elevator is something a lot of artists use on their tours and concerts that let them come out of and go down into, their stages. They've been around for a while, I think the first time I saw it I was watching the michael jackson this is it movie and he used them in his stages so I was like
    " absolutely I want to do that. Man that would be so much fun!"

Rehearsals with the director of the show...
    "So what's going to happen is that the elevator will shoot up and launch you about 3-7 feet in the air. Your job is to make sure you stay in control the entire time other wise you might get hurt." Says the director.

(Taylor)
    Going through the elevator process with Austin was quite fun because he had never done it before. So I got a video of his first time being shot out of the stage. I know for me it was definately something that threw me for a loop."

Video of me being shot from the stage...

"I'm scared." I whine as I'm being lowered on the elevator. Everyone is laughing.
    " just make sure you crouch so that you can anticipate the jump. It'll knock you off your feet if you stand there like that. And if you get knocked off your feet as your going up, you'll like lose all your limbs and your head at once cuz this thing will snap em in half, no joke." The director warns.
    I am seen crouched down as the director asks if I'm ready.
    3, 2, 1, SNAP!!!!
    The stage whirs and I am shot out of their. The look on my face is just priceless as I kind of do a tense flail before I come down. Thankfully I land on my feet.

(Me)
    Eventually I got the hang of being shot out of the stage. I perfected my stance and my landing and soon enough I was doing it like a pro.

Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 3:37 PM

chapter six: our song

We walked off the stage as the tap dancer took the stage in a spotlight. Me and taylor went back stage for a costume change. It was the first time I stepped off the stage and I was all sorts of excited to walk back on stage, only I wouldn't be walking, per say. I took my shoes off and grabbed my boots. I also took off my jacket and my over shirt, remaining only in my sleeveless shirt tucked into my favorite pair of jeans. I put my boots on and got a fedora. I've always wanted to perform in a fedora. Out of the dressing room and heard the tap dancer, who was about half way through his drill. Taylor walked out of her room with her hair braided down her left side and in front of her shoulder. She had her white dress on that she had worn in the mean video and was glowing.
    "You ready for this?"
    "Yeah" I said.
    "Wow you you look attractive" she told me, checking out my outfit. I smiled and chuckled.
    "Thanks, so do you." She smiled and we saw the small elevator platforms lower to our feet. We stepped onto them and waited slightly crouched to anticipate the snap as they would shoot us up and out. We heard the tap dancer pull the first lever and the first set of lights came on onstage. He paused for a little bit then pulled the second lever, triggering the second set of lights. Taylor tightened and prepared for her launch. Bryan pulled the third lever and as he pulled, taylor was pushed up and out. The crowd cheered. Then it was my turn.

Onstage, Bryan was struggling with the last lever, the one meant for me. Taylor's job was to go over and they would pull it together. When they began to pull, I tensed, prepared for the jump. Then I was shot out of the air. I made sure to jump off the platform as it hit the top to make sure I jumped off the stage. It was a perfect jump and landing. The crowd screamed in delight. I smiled like I was shocked that they were there, really smiling cuz I really just did that. I waved a little and taylor strutted over. We looked at each other and smiled and waved hello. Then we looked to our left at the newly placed gazebo. On it were my guitar and Taylor's banjo. I was excited about this because all the practice her and I did really paid off. We stepped up the stairs lightly and stood by our instruments. We looked at the crowd and taylor pointed at the instruments. The crowd screamed their approval. We looked at each other, shrugged, and picked up our strings. We looked at each other and she made gestures as if to say, follow y lead on this one. then she started playing a melody, of which I bobbed my head to then placed my fingers on my acoustic, at waist level, and began to accompany the melody with some simple guitar notes and chords. We played, and as we played we swayed wth the beat, and wobbled down the stairs of this gazebo. We reached the bottom and played a few more seconds, about 15 or so. Then we played one last chord and let the crowd cheer. Then a fiddle started up with the melody, at first unseen but then a spotlight flashed, and Caitlin was playing her fiddle. Taylor and I joined in and soon we had a triplet of instruments playing the melody of Our Song.
    We then skipped down the T, still playing, and Caitlin and Taylor turned their backs to me, leaning back while we played two more measures. Then we rang out a chord and stood there for a couple seconds, then Caitlin played the openings notes to the song and we were off.

(Caitlin opens the song with her fiddle. As the band joins in, taylor and Caitlin go opposite ways on the T as I stay in the middle. We jam the intro to the song before we repeat the music. At this point, taylor and Caitlin skip towards the center and I slowly turn. We go up towards the main stage where the band has appeared by the big wooden gazebo. A microphone with stand has been set up just in front of the structure where I stand to begin the lyrics.)

She was riding shotgun
    With her hair undone
    In the front seat of my car
    I got one hand on the steering wheel
    The other on her
    Heart
    I look around
    Turn the radio down
    I say
    "Baby is something wrong?"
    She says nothin
    I was just thinkin
    How we don't have a song

And I said

Our song is us slammin screen doors
    Sneakin out late tappin on your window
    When were on the phone
    And you talk real slow
    Cuz it's late and your momma don't know
    Our song is the way you laugh
    First date
    Man I didn't kiss er and I should have
    And when I got home
    Fore I said amen
    Askin God if he
    Could play it again.

(I skip out to the front of the main stage where I jam a little, banging my head with the music. Then I walk to the left as taylor takes the vocals, I end up standing just to the left of right of her)

I was walkin up my front porch steps after
    Everything that day
    It'd gone all wrong
    Been trampled on
    Got lost and thrown a
    Way
    Got to the hallway
    Well on my way
    To my lovin bed
    I almost didnt notice
    All the roses
    And a note that
    Said

(Me and taylor sing)
    Our song is us slammin screen doors
    Sneakin out late
    Tappin on your window
    When were on the phone and you talk real slow
    Our song is the way you laugh
    First date
    Man I didn't kiss her and I should have
    And when I got home
    Fore I said
    Amen
    Askin God if he
    Could play it again.
    (Solo)

(Taylor)
    I've heard every album
    (Me)
    Listened to the radio
    (Both)
    Waitin for somethin to come along
    That was as good as our song

(It starts taylor, then me and repeat with each new line)
    Cuz our song
    Is us slammin screen doors
    Sneakin out late
    Tappin on your window
    (Now both)
    When were on the phone and you talk real slow
    (Taylor)
    Cuz our song is the way you laugh
    The first date
    Man I didn't kiss him and I should have
    And when I got home
    Fore I said
    Amen
    Askin God if he
    Could play it again
    (Both)
    Play it again
    Oh yeah
    (Me)
    Uh-huh yeah
    (Taylor)
    I was ridin shotgun
    With my hair undone
    In the front seat of his car
    I grabbed a pen
    And an old napkin and I
    Wrote down our song

Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Chapter seven:mean

the crowd went wild again. They were super impressed and I was super happy. I mean I actually heard people screaming "AUSTIN! AUSTIN! AUSTIN! AUSTIN!". It was so magical. Al started a quiet beat on the cymbals and I handed my guitar to the stage hand. He grabbed Taylor's banjo and she switched. I grabbed the mic to address the crowd and taylor went up to be with her band. This was my turn in the spot light.
    "Wow you guys are amazing, thank you!" I said,beaming. The crowd responded with more screaming. I could totally get used to this.
    "Man. I remember sitting in that spot. Just watching my singer command the stage. I never thought I'd get to do something like this. Never." The crowd roared.
    " yeah, that's right. I know how you you feel. I've been there. I've been there. And, I have to share this. How many of you are here for your very first taylor concert?" Most of the crowd screamed. Taylor only visited once to Fort Wayne when she was opening and every other time she was in Indy.
    "Well I can't relate with you guys. I myself have been to one other concert. I was a little show called the red tour" the crowd got loud at this. "And I've watched the fearless tour and speak now tour on DVD and YouTube. So to be able to do this, it's just really awesome! Thank you!" I said. The crowd kept on cheering.
    "I also love how you guys have been so welcoming to me this entire night. You guys have been so nice to me and I absolutely appreciate it. You know, now that I think about, everyone has been so nice to me tonight, I don't think anyone here has been, you know, like,not... Nice." The crowd started catching on.
    " and I like nice people. They are definately Better than other people. Who are you know..." I heard people screaming the word I was looking for and I smiled brighter.
    "Wait I'm not sure if I heard that right. Nice people are better than people that, are..."
    I heard it from about everybody
    "They're what?"
    "MEAN!!!!!!" The crowd cheered together. I raised my mic...

You
    With your words like knives and
    Swords, and weapons that you use against me
    You
    Have knocked me off my feet again
    Got me feelin like a nothin
    You
    With your voice like nails on a
    Chalkboard callin me out when I'm wounded
    You
    Pickin on the weaker man

You can take me down
    With just one
    Single blow
    But you don't know
    What you don't know

Some day
    Ill be
    Livin in a big ol
    City
    And all you're
    Ever gonna be is mean
    Some day
    Ill be
    Big enough so you can
    Hear me
    And all you're
    Ever gonna be is mean
    What you gotta be so
    Mean?
    (During the chorus there's a small bit of choreography with me and some of the dancers. When the music goes into that surge type deal, me and the dancers lean forward in back towards stage left in a bit of a battle type deal. Idk how to explain it really, lol. Still me singing when we get to the second verse)
    You
    With your switching sides
    And your wildfire lies
    And your humiliation
    You
    Have pointed out my flaws again
    As if I don't already see them
    I walk with my head down
    Tryin to block you out
    Cuz ill never impress you
    I
    Just wanna feel okay again
    I bet you got pushed around
    Somebody
    Made you crawl
    But the cycle ends right now
    Cuz you can't lead me down that road
    And you don't know
    What you don't know
    Is that

Someday
    Ill be
    Livin in a big ol
    City
    And all you're
    Ever gonna be is mean
    Someday
    Ill be
    Big enough so you can hear me
    And all you're
    Ever gonna be is mean
    Why you gotta be so
    Mean
    (The battle deal happens again then with the small banjo solo, everyone begins to make their way down the T. I begin to sing)

And I can
    See you years from now in the bar
    Talkin over a football game
    With that same big loud opinion but
    No body is listening
    Washed up and rambling about the same
    Old bitter things
    Drunk and grumbling on about how
    I can't sing
    (I pause of dramatic effect)
    Why you gotta be so mean
    Why you gotta be so mean
    And a lier
    Ad pathetic
    And alone in life
    And mean
    And mean
    And mean
    And mean
    Cuz

Someday
    Ill be
    Livin in a big ol
    City
    And all you're
    Ever gonna be is mean
    Yeah! Yeah!
    Someday
    Ill be
    Big enough so you can
    Hear me and
    All your
    Ever gonna be is mean
    (Taylor, caitlin, liz and the other back up singers)
    Why you gotta be so mean
    (Me)
    Some day ill be
    Big enough so you can
    Hear me
    And all your
    Ever gonna be is mean
    Why you gotta be so
    Mean
    (We have all converged into one group on the T, taylor, Caitlin, Liz, and the back up singers, and as I sing "mean", we are lowered down into the stage. The crowd is left going wild)

Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 1:35 PM

This is so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More more more!

Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 7:57 AM

staybeautiful137 wrote:
    This is so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More more more!

Here you go! Chapter seven!!!!!

Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Chapter Seven: my intentions

"for this song Ive always imagined like an actual apology for this song. " I start out when I am presenting my plans for the show. We sat down in my living room and I had a big poster book of all my plans for every song I wanted to do. Theygaveme a date to present it and I gave the the place.

"What would happen is: there would be the same little jingle, and the snowy effect you did with the sparkly paper things" everyone chuckled, " and then well have the balcony come down, it'll start just like it did then. You'll come up with the piano. Then you'll start playing. About half way through your intro, ill come on stage from stage left and sit on your piano. Then you'll sing and it'll be like you're apologizing to me"

Ive always been a firm fan of taylor. I love her music, I love her style, I love how she performs live. It's always cool you know, being able to basically follow her as she grows and improves as a singer. But on the flip side, I've actually had my share of criticism, you know. I mean she's a great person, and I love her to death, but I have no doubt that she has times where she just needs to write a bad song about someone and she just does. All my friends say that I would like eventually end up like, marrying her and things like that which isn't a bad idea in the sense of being with someone I adore, and someone who you know, I can relate to, but I don't want to be another song if things don't turn out well, you know. I'm actually afraid of that, and I get to kinda expss this in the way I portray the person getting apologized to because of the song twists in it. I really love how it turned out in the end.

Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 8:09 AM

WOW :O your really good!

Request here

Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 7:41 PM

TheFlawless wrote:
    WOW :O your really good!

Request here

Thank the very much. This has always been a dream of mine and I would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stoked if I could actually do this. I'd be beyond ecstatic! Check out my song book. I have the link on my page. It's not like taylor, but it's still me.