1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Short Story Contest!!!

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Hey guys I've seen some amazing talent over this site from people posting parts of novels and short stories and I thought we could have a competition I receive them over a month and then the best gets the glory of coming first and everyone who participates can do one blog with that person's story :) It can be old or new and word limit is 1000 words. It will be great fun for everyone to enjoy each other's stories so don't be shy :)
http://261095.medialib.glogster.com/thumbnails/f08447d76f3e4b06dceed49c2f9d727d6496cb8c8f321f10882b4daaa5012cd3/innocent-taylor-swift-pic-seohyun-snsd--source.jpg

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Short Story Contest!!!

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I may change this later:) but for now here's one, based off of back to December, and please pm me when results at up!

Oh , and ignore the random "A's" my computer is being wierd:)
    ---

The snow is falling today, and the clouds look like they are heavy with the combined weight of winter gloom. It is the 2nd month and 13th day since it happened, and I still don't feel normal. It's my fault, I know. But there are times, usually at night, when I get to thinking, and then the walls I've built fall down and my heart breaks anew. And it was all me, but at times like those I blame him. And I feel so cold and hard, and bitter.
     Now the snow is stopped, leaving a pristine white blanket on the lawn. Later it will be ruined by tracks as my mother pulls in from her errands downtown. But right now, it is perfect. 
    I walk downstairs and to the kitchen. Time to dispel, or at least attempt to dispel, my cold winter heartbreak. 
    Pouring water and placing it on the old fashioned stovetop,I feel myself calming Performing such a simple task seems to remind me that no matter how hard life is, some things will always stay rock solid......like cocoa. I smile for a fleeting second. I reach for the highest cupboard, but my hand doesn't reach. HE would be able to, he would lift me up and stroke my hand as he reached for the packets of cocoa. Then we would sit in the old treehouse and sip the steaming mugs, as he....

NO. Stop, Lyra. You promised you wouldn't dwell. I tell myself. 
    It's so hard, though. No matter how hard I try I can't stop these flashbacks. To summer, riding in his car, those first days of our relationship. To fall, that night when I was crying, and he held me in his arms. And I realized I loved him. To that day, 3 months past, when I....

There I go again. I firmly shake my head and pull over the nearest chair. Climbing up on top, I easily reach the packs of hot chocolate and place them on the counter. Replacing the chair, my long hair snags on a wooden twist in the table. As I tug it free, a small part tears from my head with a hot pain. I stifle a yelp and stare at the auburn pile. I rub my head and reposition my hair over the part, even though it barely shows. I place the hair in my pocket for birds' nests.

The pot begins whistling, its ever present signal to remove its round white self from the stove. I do so, and make my cocoa. The soft powder tumbles into the blue cup. Taking my treat, I return upstairs.

Sipping my drink, I look out at the snow. How pretty it is, with its undisturbed--wait. A long trail of dark footprints leads to the front door and back to the road. Shocked, I run downstairs and to the door. Unlatching it, I stumble onto the porch and find....

Nothing. Just the path of footprints and...a pile of dead rose petals.
    There's no stopping it this time. I'm immediately plunged into a memory.

the December night was warm for the month, and we stood in front of a white one story house. He looked at me with hurt and confusion in his blue eyes. Another time, I might have backed down, but not tonight.
    "Lyra, don't do this. We can work it out."
    "no! We CAN'T. You're a liar, and a heartbreaker, and-"
    " I told you, we are NOT together! I've never even seen her before until you pointed her out today!"
    " nice try, boy. "
    " I'm serious! Look, I brought you roses...."
    " I don't want your roses!" 
    I grab them and toss them to the ground.
    "Lyra.....?"
    "just go."
    "but...I..."
    "go."
    He begins to walk away, then turns. 
    " I swear, I haven't cheated on you! I love you! Please..."
    But I don't hear the rest. I'm too busy crushing the rose petals.

With a shock, I jerk out of the flashback. My face is wet, and I taste salt. I realize I am crying. stupid, stupid! I say to myself. I just pushed him away, the best thing I've ever had.  There's only one thing to do. I begin to follow the footprints. 

They lead me to a place I know. I walk up the creaky steps and linger in front of the door. Just do it, girl. I raise my hand and knock.

Nobody comes.

I try again.

Still nothing.

I turn away, but suddenly see a flicker of movement in the window above. So someone is home! With renewed determination, I knock.

Nothing.

Frustrated, I just turn the knob. It turns easily, and I feel a leap of satisfaction. Â Something stops the movement. I look down, and see that there is a chain on the door.

I run back home, away from the white one story house, and jerk open the door. I collapse on the foot of the stairs and sob, letting it consume me. Feeling something in my pocket, I pull out the small bundle of hair.

Staring at the pile of shorn off beauty, I cry anew. The snow begins again as I bawl, no longer trying to stop the flashBack To December.

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 6:30 PM

This is so cool! I'll totally enter, just debating between two stories right now :)

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Love the first story!!! Can't wait for people to post more :)
    EleanorSwiftie

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I sat in my room crying, wishing it wasn’t over. I didn’t want it to be true. I missed Chris still even though we had broken up almost a month ago. Something on my desk caught my eye. It was my track plaque from the indoor season. I stared at it as I flashed back to a conversation with Chris about things that had happened during the spring season.
    My phone started to ring. Even before looking at the caller ID, I knew who it was. It was Chris, as usual. I picked it up. “Hey, how are you,” he asked me. I sighed in response to his question. “Bad day? What happened?” he asked, concerned.
    “My Track coach is frustrating me. But what else is new?” I replied.
    “What did he do?” he asked.
    “You don’t want to know. Honestly, I will probably go into a half hour rant about him,” I said. It was true. When I got this frustrated, if I started to talk about it, I wouldn’t stop.
    “I have time. It might help to talk about it,” he told me. He was right of course. The one thing I need most at that moment was someone who would just listen. He was really sweet that way.
    “I came late to practice again today because I had a National Honors Society meeting after school. I was late to practice yesterday too because of a club meeting that I had to present for. I have to go to the club meetings to stay in the club. I have to think about college too. He told me again today that I don’t work hard enough. That I need to give it a hundred percent if I want to make FCIACs. I always run as hard as I can at practice. I am one of the most dedicated people there. I run harder than most of the sprinters and yet, he doesn’t say anything to them. Only me. I don’t know why he hates me. It’s so frustrating. I work so hard and then he comes and tells me I need to work harder. He expects more from me than I can give. It’s like he expects me to run so much faster than I’m capable of running. And it doesn’t help that I hurt my back last meet. Not as bad as the winter season but it hurts to run and I don’t want to hurt it even more. I can’t stop running though. I’m just not going to make it. I’m not going to be able to drop my time fast enough and my season will end just like the winter season did. I’m going to end with nothing. Nothing to be proud of, nothing to show. It’ll just end in disappointment again. And to be honest, I just don’t know if I can go through that disappointment again.” I stopped. I was out of breath and was sure that my face was really red.
    “I’m sorry. I wish I could be there with you to help you through it. It sucks that I have to be on the other side of the country while you are going through this. No matter what he says, remember that you are trying your best and giving it your all. You can’t help that you have other activities. No matter how fast you run, whether or not you make FCIACs, you will have so much to be proud of. You are a fantastic runner no matter what people say. And, make it or not, I will still love you and be here for you,” he told me calmly. After hearing his last few words, my anger towards my coach and some of my frustration disappeared.
    “Thank you,” I said gratefully. “That actually really helped me. It was nice to be able to rant to someone about it.”
    “Glad I could help. Next time I see you we’ll go out and do something fun and get away from all the stress you’ve been under,” he promised me.
    “That sounds great,” I said. I couldn’t wait to see him. “I should go. I have to get a lot of homework done for tomorrow. Thank you for listening to me. It means a lot to me and it helped more than you know.”
    “Hasn’t anyone told you?” he asked me. His question confused me. I guess he could tell by my silence. “That’s what boyfriends are for. To listen when you need to get stuff out of your system. To make you feel better whenever you need cheering up.” I laughed.
    “Well in that case you are up for the Boyfriend of the Year award after this,” I teased.
    “Good to know. Good luck with everything and with your coach and making FCIACs and everything that’s going on. I’m always thinking of you,” he added.
    “Love you,” I told him before I hung up.
    “Love you too. You know you can always just call me if you need someone to just listen,” he replied. “Go get some homework done.”
    “Thanks, I’ll try. Goodnight,” I said to him.
    “Night Lauren,” he replied before he hung up.

Sadness came over me again. Tears started to form in the corner of my eyes. I tried to blink them away as I remembered how he said everything I needed to hear at the time. I longed for him to comfort me the way he had that night on the phone. Another memory flashed through my memory. The first time I had seen him since the end of my spring season. The weekend in May after the last track meet. The memory of sitting there on the couch with him at Allegra’s house was so strong and so hard to forget.
    Chris had invited me over to watch a movie at Allegra’s house while she was away. It was the first time I had seen him in a few weeks. The last time I had talked to him was Sunday night and today was Friday. To be honest, I hadn’t really felt like talking to him or anyone during the past week. It had felt so nice to be with him and have his arm around me again. After the movie had ended, he asked me, “I realized I never asked you. How was the track meet? Did you make it? I’m sorry I couldn’t make it. I wish I could have seen you run.” I turned away so he couldn’t see the sadness and disappointment on my face.
    “I didn’t make it,” I mumbled. He put his arm around me and pulled me closer to him.
    “I’m so sorry. I know how much it meant to you.” I hid my face in his chest as tears started to fall. I couldn’t hold on to them any longer. “Do you want to talk about it?” he asked softly.
    “I missed it by a quarter of a second,” I sobbed. I couldn’t help it anymore. The disappointment that I had held in all week welled up in my chest and just came out in huge sobs. It was like a knife had cut me in half. “All that hard work all season,” I paused. “Just…gone. I was so close. And now there’s nothing. I failed. I couldn’t do it. I wasn’t good enough. My coach was right.”
    “Shhh,” he said as he held me in his arms trying to soothe me. “You didn’t fail.”
    “I didn’t succeed though. Again.”
    “I know it’s disappointing. You have time still to make it. You have another year left to make it. You’ll get it next year,” he said calmly.
    “I don’t know. I can’t go through this again. It’s too much. It hurts too much. I’ll never make it,” I sobbed. “I don’t know if I’m going to run next year. I’ll just come really close and fail again. I’m not good enough.” I cried on his shoulder for a few more minutes. And he just let me.
    “You are good enough. You are strong. You will get it. You can do it. Don’t sell yourself short. You can do anything you set your mind to. I believe in you. I really do. You are incredible. You dropped 4 seconds in one season. That’s a lot to be proud of. And you know what? You may not have made it this year but you will make it next year because you are really fast,” he encouraged me. I smiled weakly at him.
    “Thank you,” I whispered. “For everything.”
    “It’s absolutely no problem. I am always here for you. You can tell me anything. Remember that,” he said.
    “I will,” I promised.

I couldn’t tear myself away from looking at the plaque. I wiped the tears away and turned away. I wished I had him here with me now. To feel the warmth of his skin against mine. But he was gone. And I was left to accept the truth.

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Love it!!!!!!! I want to read more :) You guys are amazing!
    EleanorSwiftie

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Snowdance

Lying warm and toasty in your bed, you wonder what woke you. The gentle breathing of your friend beside you tells you she’s still asleep. You look out your window. Small white flakes are swirling down from puffy clouds. It’s snowing! The first snow of the year! More and more awake you become, for the sight of those little precious gems invigorates you.

“Wake up! Wake up!” you shout and shake your friend. “It’s snowing!” she grumbles something and pushes you aside. You don’t relent, and keep at her until she sits up and rubs her sleepy eyes. After she’s fully awake, her eyes find the window. “It’s snowing!” she squeals with excitement, and you smile. More and more awake you become.

You dart out of bed, and scarf down the traditional breakfast your mother makes on the first snow of the year: freshly made pancakes with a concoction of pure snow mixed with maple syrup. You run towards the coat rack. “Snow walk” you explain, and she nods. “Bundle up, be back before dark.” is all she said. It is a tradition for you and your friend to go on a long snow walk during the first snow of the year. More and more awake you become.

Long johns and leggings. Wool scarves and sweaters topped with down jackets over snowsuits. Warm earmuffs under winter hats. Fuzzy mittens and gloves to make sure your hands don’t freeze. Last you pull on your heavy boots. The whole process involves much grunting, tripping, and falling-over incidents. At last both of you resemble nothing more than a bundle of clothing and blankets. She looks you and laughs. You look at her and laugh too. At last you open up the door and smell the fresh icy air of the first snow, clean, crisp, and pure. More and more awake you become.

Walking endlessly with no specific destination. Two pairs of footprints could be seen, trailing through the snow, as if they led to somewhere magical, like Hansel and Gretel on their way to the depths of the woods. There’s something special about creating the first footprints, walking this early. You own the world now, just you and her, and at this moment that’s all that matters as you walk down the road, as iced trees and bushes and gingerbread houses topped with frosting pass you by. Farther and farther you walk on.

There is so much scenery to take in, so many things to look at and admire. The world is a cake, and the snow is the frosting, delicately applied. The icing on the trees is so precise, as though a small child’s finger had run over the thin boughs, glazing them with snow. Farther and farther you walk on.

As you and your friend travel farther along the winding paths, dusted lightly with white softness, the magical realm becomes so real, more than just a dream, but yet so unreal you suppose it must be only a fantasy. How could something so breathtaking be tangible? Farther and farther you walk on.

Noses held high, you inhale, exhale, and notice the freshness, the cleanness, and the purity of it all. As if yesterday’s sins have been covered up, forgotten by a layer of sparkling beauty. Farther and farther you walk on.

The path you walk winds round and round, past twisted brambles, rough streams, and gnarled branches swaying in the breeze. But through it all, on this never-ending path those things, which were once hideous to look at, have a share in the beauty of this white wonderland. Farther and farther you walk on.

And my oh my, the colors! Not bright and blazing or artificial, but crisp and clear and defined. The blue of the icicles hanging down from the rooftops, the gray of the winters sky before another snow shower, the white, the glistening white of the snowflakes that sprinkle down, lightly caressing the treetops, bringing with it a freshness that could be accomplished by none but itself. Farther and farther you walk on.

You stick out your tongue, trying to fetch a snowflake. One lands in your friend’s eye, and as she flinches, you laugh. As soon as she recovers, she laughs too. There’s nothing particularly funny about the situation, yet it feels so good to dissolve into laughter, sharing an experience that will holdfast during a lifetime of turmoil and doubt, you shall remember this day, laughing and playing carefree in the white bliss, till the day comes, when you will laugh like this again. Farther and farther you walk on.

Holding hand in hand, skipping through the white dust, throwing snowballs at each other. You throw one at her face, which is pink with cold. She dodges out of the way, but hers hits you full in the mouth. You fall down, breathless, making a snow angel. She falls down beside you, and you lay there for a while, until you are soaked through and yearning for a steaming cup of hot cocoa. More and more exhausted you fall.

It’s time to go home. You raise yourself off the ground, and offer your hand to your friend. Wet and frozen, you race her to your house. Both of you rejoice when you are finally curled up cozy by the warm hearth, bundled in wool blankets, watching the flames dance to their complicated tune, sipping a hot and frothy drink, which warms you right down to your toes. More and more exhausted you fall.

Dusk is falling outside, and the chilly wind picks up, howling through the night. You are glad you are safe inside, away from the cold and bitterness, tucked warmly in your fleece pajamas. Your friend smiles at you, tells you this day was amazing. You nod and agree; you couldn’t agree more; it had been a wonderful day. More and more exhausted you fall, until you fall asleep, weary with tiredness, but you smile, for your dreams are filled with happiness, security, and comfort.

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Amazing!!! I never expected such good stories! Having so much fun reading :)
    EleanorSwiftie

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 11:11 PM

This is awesome - I'll think up one to enter for some fun later :3

^ made by tanyaxoh & me :3

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:57 AM

Yay! Can't wait to read and tell your friends about it too I'd like as many entries as possible :)

EleanorSwiftie

Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 3:12 AM

People Please Write!!! We need your amazing talent don't be shy and let it shine!!! :)
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/af45cf1810117cb75a03feeb44c25036/tumblr_mgrqxcARmJ1rga0bvo1_1280.jpg

Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 4:45 AM

im not sure if this is too long...i hope you like it, its not a finished story though...

I breathed heavily as I watched him walk down the broken pathway. My heart was thumping so fast I felt barely conscious. I stood there; unaware of what was going on around me, my eyes just focused on the perfection of his body.
    I heard shouting in my ears, it was time for me to wake up from this somehow endless daydream.
    “Whitney! Wake up! We’re going to be late for science, quit daydreaming!” I was now conscious of my best friend Kelly who was obviously trying to get me to move; but still my eyes were on him. Then suddenly, my breath stopped.
    “Kelly”, I clung on to her real tight, “He’s coming this way!” I whispered.
    “Oh please,” she rolled her eyes, “As if you’re going to get a chance with Luke Ransy! The second hottest guy in school?” she snorted.
    “Shh!” I hissed as Luke walked passed showing off his killer build.
    “Look at you; your cheeks are like tomatoes!” laughed Kelly. I was officially annoyed for the day.

I went off to my locker with my science books held tightly in one arm. I tried to pull out the keys out of my bag when I dropped three books full of notes onto the floor.
    “Shoot!” I whispered to myself as I started picking up months worth of work.
    “Need a hand?” a familiar face appeared in front of mine, with a grin so warming.
    Double shoot! It was Luke! “Um, no thanks, I should be fine” I smiled, quickly grabbing all of the notes.
    “Ok. Say, you know the formal coming up next week?”
    “Yes?” I had my eyes wide open, wondering if he was actually going to ask me, Whitney Anderson, out!
    “Well, our band is auditioning to play and, I heard you kill at playing guitar and we need you to be in our band.”
    Well, it’s a start. “Sure! But, don’t you already play guitar?”
    “Yeah, but I can’t sing” he laughed.
    “What if I can’t sing?”
    “Well, then I asked the wrong girl. Anyway, my band is having a practice at my garage after school 4:30. Are you free?”
    “Sure, I’ll be there”.
    “Great, see you then!”

It was 4:26PM. I wheeled my bike into Luke’s driveway, giving me a site of his garage for the very first time. It was pretty typical really, red walls with two amps on each side. A drum kit at the back, two microphones, and a line of guitars, it was like heaven! I stopped my bike and entered the ‘cave’ as what they called it. Luke and the two other band members were sitting in the corner chilling out on some beanbags, listening to music.
    “Hey Whit!” Luke called out. The others’ heads turned to see my face. I have seen them around…
    “Hey”.
    He grabbed an acoustic guitar from his line of many, and passed it to me. I took it cautiously.
    “Well, show us what u can do” he smiled.
    “What, so this is like an audition or something?” I questioned.
    “No, we just want to know what kind of style you’re into, that’s all”.
    “Ok… Pass me a capo?” One of the boys threw me a really good one, I placed it on the guitar.
    My fingers formed into G chord as I started to play ‘I Knew You Were Trouble’ by Taylor Swift.
    By the time I had finished the song, all three guys were sitting there, eyes wide open, jaws dropped. “So am I in?”
    “Your in!” said Luke, still stunned.
    Haha, the girl can never fail! As I went to put the guitar back in it’s place, I heard the guys whispering over something, a few laughs and a few concerning sounds.
    “Is something wrong?” I asked nervously.
    “Whitney?” Luke said, biting his lip. The boys had snuck out of the garage.
    “Yeah?” I was so confused. And at that point I felt like freezing.
    His soft fingers gently pulled my golden hair around my ear, he leant in. This can’t be happening! I closed my eyes and let his lips press onto mine. It was absolute, utter heaven.

- im thinking of making another thread with more chapters of this story, should I?

Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I hope this isn't to long.

Dreaming Impossible Dreams

"Timeless" The world echoed through my mind. followed by a child like giggle. Am i dreaming? I think looking around at the blank "room"-if you could even call it that- the giggle seemed to bounce around inside my head becoming fainter and fainter after each bounce before completely disappearing. A gust of an unnatural wind bellowed my dress, pushing the soft fabric against the back of my legs, looking down I see its a light paisley color, my favorite color. my hair blows in front of my face and the look of it makes me hyperventilate with unnerving panic, Instead of its natural chocolate brown color is was a deep strawberry-blond. I had to be dreaming.
    "Elly" My name is whispered by the same young voice that giggled and said timeless. I walked forward till I reached a mirror like wall and stopped. The girls reflection in front of me was that of a girl my age in a floor length light pink princess-like ballgown (another dress change so I am defiantly dreaming). Her deep Strawberry-Blond hair was curled into elegant ringlets that reached the small of her back. This girl was magnificently beautiful in every way and shape possible.
    "Elly" My name was repeated and I turned- mentally thrilled that the reflection turned with me- and there stood a tall handsome man in a black Tuxedo. I was at a loss of words. He seemed to glide towards me with inhuman grace, eyes trained on my face. Oh, those grey eyes anyone could loose themselves into, especially me. When the mysteriously graceful and handsome man reached me he held his hand out and I took it eagerly.
    "beautiful" He murmured cupping my face with his other hand. I felt a blush spread across my face and looked away from those gorgeous grey eyes.

"ELENA JESSY HUES! GET UP NOW! YOUR GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL" My mother's voice shook me out of my beautiful dream bringing me back to reality.
    'I'm up mom, no need to yell" I mumbled eyes still closed willing the dream to return
    "No, you are awake. Now up, up."
    I groaned, knowing if I didn't get up now she would literaly drag me out of bed. My mom wasn't one for missing school. She always said she wants me to have the chance of a good education unlike her. She dropped out of high school junior year and never returned to school. She hates her decision now since she's unemployed. But, shes also grateful because my father is a well known lawyer so we always get out bills payed on time and there is food on the table for every meal every day.
    Mom walked out of my room closing the door behind her to let me change out of my Pajamas. After getting dressed I prepared myself for another day at school with only the dream to help me get through the day.

made by: 1TrueSwiftieForeverAndAlways 2AliceandJasper

RE: Short Story Contest!!!

Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I may do this later if I have time. :D

Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 7:37 PM

are we aloud to enter more then 1 story?
    made by: 1TrueSwiftieForeverAndAlways 2AliceandJasper

Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 8:33 PM

If we can enter more than 1...This is Too Late

“I just don’t understand how he could say that he never loved me, or even liked me if he asked me out four months before. It doesn’t make sense to me,” I said to Elizabeth, my best friend since our freshman year of high school.
    “You still don’t know?” she asked incredulously.
    “What?”
    “He never liked you. At least not in a romantic way. All he wanted was a girlfriend. He just wanted sex.” My heart shattered, again for the boy I thought I knew.

“Say you're sorry that face of an angel comes out just when you need it to.”

I sat in my room, alone, tears cascading down my face. How could he? I trusted him.
    It had been about a year since my friendship, or what I thought had been a friendship, with Adam had fallen apart.
    I guess you could say we had history. In June of my sophomore year, he asked me out and I turned him down. I just didn’t like him in that way. All I wanted was to be friends. But he wanted more. Then, in October of my junior year, he asked me to our Homecoming dance. Again, I said no. We were friends after that. Until December.
    “Elizabeth, what’s this?” I asked her, showing her a text message she had received from Adam. As we did every time we had a sleep over, we were going through each other’s phone.
    “Oh, it was nothing,” she replied. I gave her an Are you serious? look. The text message read, “I never loved her. But I love you.”It didn’t take a rocket scientist to understand who he was talking about. It was me. My heart shattered.
    “That’s nothing. What did Sam (her boyfriend of 4 years) says about it?” I stopped. “He knows about it, right?”
    “Of course he does!” she exclaimed. “He isn’t happy about it. I mean, Adam is his best friend. They are neighbors. But that’s all it will ever be. A crush. I love Sam.” She looked over at me. “Are you okay Lauren?”
    “I’m fine,” I replied, my voice a little shaky. All that I could think about was that text. He never loved me. If he never loved me, then why would he ask me out? Why would he ask me to Homecoming? Was I just some charity case that he thought he had to help just to be nice? Was everything a lie? Were we ever even friends? I couldn’t even process what that one text meant. It could mean so many different things.

Since that one night, that one message, I spent weeks questioning what was real and what was fake. And now, here I was, one year later questioning myself about that same text message.

“As I paced back and forth all this time 'Cause I honestly believed in you”

I believed him. I believed that he was sorry. I was ready to rebuild our friendship. I believed that he had actually loved me and that he didn’t mean what he said to Elizabeth. And now all that trust was gone. He used me. He. Used. Me.

“Holding on, the days drag on, stupid girl, I should have known, I should have known”

I felt so stupid for believing him. For trying to see the good in him, when clearly, there was no good. I should have known that his intentions were as bad as I had originally believed. I just couldn’t believe that I had made myself think otherwise. I felt like a complete idiot for falling for his games. Because that was all this was. A game Adam was playing. Trying to make me believe that we could be friends again. We could put the past behind us and start over. But it was all a lie.

“I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale, I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet, lead her up the stairwell. This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town, I was a dreamer before you went and let me down. Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around.”

I would never be able to forgive him after this. There would be no way to be friends. That was it. How could he do this? How could anyone be so cruel? How could any person with a heart come, with a face of kindness and good intentions, and use another person, only to break them when they didn’t get what they wanted or were done? Who would use someone like that? For sex? I had never felt so violated before. He only wanted me for my body and for the pleasure I could potentially bring him. I just didn’t understand what type of human being would do that? Unfortunately, he would not be the last person to try.

“Maybe I was naïve, got lost in your eyes, and never really had a chance”

I was naïve for believing in him. Naïve for trying to see the good in everyone when not everyone was as nice as they seemed. I was too…nice. I was blind. I couldn’t even see his real goal. To seduce me. To get me under his spell. To break me. I broke down sobbing. Just thinking about it was too much.

“My mistake, I didn't know to be in love you had to fight to have the upper hand. I had so many dreams about you and me. Happy endings. Now I know”

Never again would I make that mistake. Never again would I fall for something like that. I couldn’t. It was too painful. Everything I thought I knew, ripped from me. Everything was gone. Old scars were reopened but this time, they were even deeper than the last. They were more painful than a year ago. I realized that I could never trust anyone anymore. I couldn’t let any guy close to me anymore after this. The fear of trusting someone and then having that destroyed again would be too much to handle.

“I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale, I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet, lead her up the stairwell. This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town. I was a dreamer before you went and let me down. Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around”

“And there you are on your knees, begging for forgiveness, begging for me. Just like I always wanted but I'm so sorry.”

I couldn’t help but remember when he had tried to apologize. Had it only been a few days ago? It seemed like a life time ago.
    “Lauren, I’m so sorry,” Adam said to me at lunch one day. I had asked to talk to him. To get answers from him so I could finally forgive him. “It was stupid of me. I shouldn’t have sent her that message. I didn’t mean it. I really did love you. But you rejected me and I was upset. Elizabeth had helped me through everything. She helped me move past you. She helped me move on. I thought I loved her at the time. I said it because I wanted it to be true. But it wasn’t true. It will never be true. I really loved you. I hope you can see that.”

He had said exactly what I had wanted to hear a year ago. Even a few days ago. But now, I knew it was all one big lie. Just like every other part of our friendship. Just a hoax to get to me. To use me.

“Cause I'm not your princess, this ain't a fairytale, I'm gonna find someone someday who might actually treat me well. This is a big world, that was a small town. There in my rear view mirror disappearing now, and it's too late for you and your white horse. Now it's too late for you and your white horse to catch me now”

It was too late. Too late for apologies. Too late to go back. I was broken and no one could save me anymore. As much as Elizabeth or anyone else tried, I would never be the same. I would never be that naïve girl who always tried to see good in everyone, no matter how small. I no longer believed in second chances. These scars would never go away. They were too deep. The pain was too much. I would never be able to find the forgiveness to let Adam back into my life. My faith in people in general was gone. The only thing I believed now was that people were only going to let you down. In my mind, 99 percent of guys, and people in general were just assholes looking to use whoever they could. Of course there were exceptions to every rule. I had met some very nice guys but they were scarce. You would be lucky to stumble upon them.

It was too late. I would never be the same.

So italics are flashbacks, bold is the lyrics to Taylor's song White Horse, and regular text is the present

Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 8:37 PM

This is 'An Exchange of Names'. It's based off of Begin Again.
    You can also read it here: http://figment.com/books/508860-An-Exchange-of-Names
    I'd love feedback on figment if anybody has an account there! And if you don't I'd recommend checking it out!! It's a great site for writers and readers! :)

Her feet pounded on the cobblestone pathway, the steady clack, clack, thump, thumps of her heels. She made her way through the narrow alleyway, taking extra precaution to keep her knee-length vintage gown away from the moistened walls. She held her umbrella close to her braided hair, though the gentle pitter-patter of the rain drops had diminished long ago.

It was still light out, but the sun was weary and was slowly fading on the horizon. It was getting dark, and the alleyway, absent of any lights, was soon going to be engulfed by the night.

The girl pulled her umbrella closer to her, and angled it ever so slightly to the oncoming wind that was leaving her arms chilled and riddled with goose bumps. To her dismay, a strand of hair flew out of her braid, leaving it unkempt and lopsided. She quickly reached her thin hands up to pull it back into place, but found the wind was too stubborn tonight and it continued releasing it from its captivity.

She let out a heavy sigh, and glanced up towards the bell tower. In the dim light she could make out the short hand on the 9, but had to squint to make out the 28 that the long hand was visiting. Upon seeing this, she quickened her pace and continued on through the alleyway. She’d only been on this path once before, though she now knew how to navigate the passage by heart. Or maybe it was her heart leading her to where it really wanted to be.

She approached the intersection, and made her way onto the street lite avenue. Here, people drove by in their bitty little automobiles, with slight smiles plastered on their faces and slight glazed-over eyeballs.

She was one of the same, with her pinkened lips curving upwards, her sea-blue eyes glistening in a wonderstruck way. With them, she could make out the glow of the café at the end of the block. As she approached, she quickened her pace, her eyes pacing back and forth in search.

Outside, placed in petite table sets, sat love stuck couples, oblivious to the world around them. She glanced at the people outside, before making her way inside. As she came in, her pupils grew in hunger of brightness. The café was almost empty, and it didn’t take her long for her gaze to fall upon him. She saw that he was staring back. Her lips curved upwards in a smile. His face mirrored hers. She gave a tentative wave. He returned it.

She approached the table, slowly, as if she was a mystery, and in ways, she was one. Simple and elegant on the outside, but inside was someone whom she kept close and locked up with her, somebody nobody had ever lay their eyes upon before. But this person was brimming on the edge. Chained with one hand yet reaching for somebody else with the other. The chains were loosened and ready to fall off of the wall, along with her heart.

His eyes held hers as she sat down in the booth, a deep brown, with so many layers behind it. They were like this, and 2 minutes could have been forever but they wouldn’t have known.

“Marissa.” She uttered that one word, and with that one word the chain broke free. She knew that he was the one. The one that they always said happened once, but then never again did. Her heart yearned for him, ever more so than it ever before had, and she knew that she couldn’t ever let this go. Never would she let go of his perfect round face, his beautiful brown hair his sparkling brown eyes. Never would she.

“Marissa.” His lips whispered this, as if swallowing the name, making it part of himself. “Marissa,” he repeated. The name was foreign to his lips, the syllables pronounced in the right places, the wrong pitches.

“Marissa,” She reassured him.

“Marissa,” He repeated. “Belle.”

Her face flushed a rose-pink, in which she attempted to disguise with a shy smile, but he saw it. He raised his eyebrow, and returned the smile.

“Je m’appelle Alexander.” He announced.

“Alexander…” She whispered.

“Oui.”

“Wow.”

Made by the wonderful Sprinkle PIe Taco Moo!

Cheese

Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Ooh!! This is such a great idea!! I'm feeling pretty inspired today so I'll try and come up with something good enough to enter haha :) xo

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:47 AM

Who this is more amazing than I ever imagined the story are a welcome distraction
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/af45cf1810117cb75a03feeb44c25036/tumblr_mgrqxcARmJ1rga0bvo1_1280.jpg

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:56 AM

Oh why not I'm not fussed the more the better I guess if anyone wants to do a second entry they can but I'll choose your best one to use in the comp so no one can come 1st and 2nd to make it more fair :)

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Please post more stories I know there's tones more talent and voices to be heard!!!