1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Spectacular Songwriting Contest!

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Hello beautiful Swifties! It's Kristen (heffrondrive), here to host my first ever songwriting contest! Check below for rules, prizes, and rounds! Hope to see you enter! :) Feel free to include a short explanation of your song and put a secret code into it! :D

Rules
1. Keep it clean- no bad words, etc.
2. Keep it original- must be your own work, but cowrites are allowed!
3. Have fun! (We wouldn't want it any other way :) )

Prizes
Grammy (1st)
CMT Award (2nd)
PCA (3rd)
"Dear John"- the song that was like reading a personal letter
"Our Song"- the song I'm copying down the lyrics to and hanging on my wall :)
"Fearless"- the song it took courage to post
"Superstar"- the song I'd like to hear on the radio
"Back to December"- the song that made me remember something
The Taylor Award- for the song with the best Taylor-style code
*prizes are awarded once per round*
Grand Prize- The Golden Taylor, awarded for my favorite song from the overall contest

Rounds
Round 1- "Speak Now"
your version of "Speak Now," or yourself in the place of one of the song's characters (Taylor, bride, guest, etc.)
closes Friday January 18
Results:
Grammy (1st)- "Picking Up the Pieces" by Clueless
CMT Award (2nd)- "Just One Wish" by RockStarRonan
PCA (3rd)- "Piano In the Dark" by enchanted36
"Dear John"- "Just One Wish" by RockStarRonan
"Our Song"- "Picking Up the Pieces" by Clueless
"Fearless"- "Just One Wish" by RockStarRonan
"Superstar"- "Piano In the Dark" by enchanted36
"Back to December"- "Piano In the Dark" by enchanted36
The Taylor Award- "Picking Up the Pieces" by Clueless with the code "You will never hurt me this bad and return to me to start again."

Round 2- "Red"
the title must be a color
closes- Friday January 25
Results:

Grammy (1st)- "Blue" by lovetswift13
CMT Award (2nd)- "Brown" by Clueless
PCA (3rd)- "Black" by RockStarRonan
"Dear John"- "Black" by RockStarRonan
"Our Song"- "Black" by RockStarRonan
"Fearless"- "Brown" by Clueless
"Superstar"- "Blue" by lovetswift13
"Back to December"- "Brown" by Clueless
The Taylor Award- "Blue" by lovetswift13

Round 3- Quote
base it on the quote "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade"
closes- Friday February 1
Results:
Grammy (1st)- Take Me All" by s_tay_beautiful
CMT Award (2nd)- "Pinch of Salt" by DressedUpLikeHipsters
PCA (3rd)- "Blind Eye" by lovelykate13
"Dear John"- "Blind Eye" by lovelykate13
"Our Song"- "Take Me All" by s_tay_beautiful
"Fearless"- "Blind Eye" by lovelykate13
"Superstar"- "Push On Through" by TaylorIsMyStarlight13
"Back to December"- "A Pinch of Salt" by DressedUpLikeHipsters
The Taylor Award- "A Pinch of Salt" by DressedUpLikeHipsters

Round 4- Your Age
the title must be your age, in the stylings of "Fifteen" and "22"
closes- Friday February 8

Results:
Grammy (1st)- "Fourteen" by DressedUpLikeHipsters
CMT Award (2nd)- "You're Fifteen" by ForeverStarlightSwiftie
PCA (3rd)- "Thirteen" by TaylorIsMyStarlight13
"Dear John"- "You're Fifteen" by ForverSwiftieStarlight
"Our Song"- "Fourteen" by DressedUpLikeHipsters
"Fearless"- "You're Fifteen" by ForeverSwiftieStarlight
"Superstar"- "Thirteen" by TaylorIsMyStarlight13
"Back to December"- "Fourteen" by DressedUpLikeHipsters
The Taylor Award- "You're Fifteen" by ForverSwiftieStarlight

Round 5- "Stay Stay Stay"
write about the kind of boy/ specific boy you think Taylor should date (don't forget to tell us who it is! :) )
closes- Friday February 22

"May the odds be ever in your favor!" :)
Stay Strong,
Kristen

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: Spectacular Songwriting Contest!

Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Here's the round 4 results! We had three wonderful entries. If you were planning to enter but didn't have time, please still go ahead and post your song or send it to me because I'd love to read it! I'll comment back
    Grammy (1st)- "Fourteen" by DressedUpLikeHipsters
    CMT Award (2nd)- "You're Fifteen" by ForeverStarlightSwiftie
    PCA (3rd)- "Thirteen" by TaylorIsMyStarlight13
    "Dear John"- "You're Fifteen" by ForverSwiftieStarlight
    "Our Song"- "Fourteen" by DressedUpLikeHipsters
    "Fearless"- "You're Fifteen" by ForeverSwiftieStarlight
    "Superstar"- "Thirteen" by TaylorIsMyStarlight13
    "Back to December"- "Fourteen" by DressedUpLikeHipsters
    The Taylor Award- "You're Fifteen" by ForverSwiftieStarlight

Great job to everyone! Hope to see you in round 5! OMS, i'm soo excited for this round! Haha, i wrote a song a few days ago for it, but of course I can't enter :)
    Stay Strong,
    Kristen Source: taylorswift.com via Kristen on Pinterest
    (credited to Gigi)

Source: taylorswift.com via Kristen on Pinterest
    (credited to LoveTSwift13)
    Source: taylorswift.com via Kristen on Pi

Re: Spectacular Songwriting Contest!

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 8:31 AM

ROUND 5 IS OPEN!!!!
    Stay Strong,
    (credited to Gigi)

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 10:34 AM

The One For You

Sweet innocence lying in those chocolate eyes,
    You're two people but you're living pretty parallel lives,
    He's not shy because he lives his life on the big screen,
    While you make a life writing hit songs like fearless and mean.

Take a gamble,
    Lay your heart on the line,
    Just imagine it,
    Two stars who were meant to shine.

The two of you have crossed paths and never realised,
    The one you want could be standing before your very eyes,
    Trust yourself before you let go and you'll be safe and sound,
    You both started out as kids with dreams from regular towns,
    Hero boy and the country girl,
    You'll be like Buzz and Woody, together taking on the world,
    In everybody's eyes, He's the one for you.

The virtue of a Kentucky boy who doesn't get around,
    Somebody who'd rather his feet stay on the ground,
    Signs of libra and Sagittarius were made to be as one,
    They'll all remember you as the two stars who shone.

Take a gamble,
    Throw yourself to the flame,
    Just imagine it,
    Taking his last name.

Shining so brightly,
    Falling in blindly,
    Usually it's never your luck,
    Guiding so softly,
    Promising solemnly,
    Could just end up as love.

[It's about Josh Hutcherson, because I think him and Taylor would be perf]

Daydreaming's for those who are creative enough to imagine situations~

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM

yay! one entry for round five! can't wait to see the rest! :) (BTdubs- would you all like 4 me to post the one i wrote for the round? i'm pretty darn proud of it )
    Stay Strong,
    (credited to Gigi)

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 7:46 PM

OMG!!!! Thank you so much! I saw that my song won 4 awards now! Than you so, so, so very much!!!!!

^ToTheBraveGirls

~I'mInLoveWithMusicIt'sMyEscapeFromThisWorl~

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 7:36 AM

REMINDER! round 5 is open! :)
    Stay Strong,
    (credited to Gigi)

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:36 AM

heffrondrive wrote:
    REMINDER! round 5 is open! :)
    Stay Strong,
    (credited to Gigi)

Stay Strong and Fearless,
    Kristen
    my polyvore shop: http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2416883
    my songbook:
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2398483

Source: Uploaded by user via Kristen Renee' on Pinterest

Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 7:47 AM

just a few more days! plz enter! last round! :)
    Kristen
    my songbook:

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM

last day to enter round 5!
    Kristen
    my songbook:

Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 10:31 AM

okay, since we only had one entry for the last round, i'm extending the deadline! plz enter! :)
    Kristen
    my songbook:

Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM

PLEASE ENTER ROUND 5!!!
    Kristen
    my songbook:

Source: taylorswift.com via Kristen Renee' on Pinterest
    (cred

Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 8:22 AM

PLEASE ENTER!! :)
    Kristen
    my songbook:

(cred

Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 10:37 AM

pleas enter! LAST DAY!
    Kristen
    my songbook:

(cred

Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM

last day to enter round 5!
    Kristen
    my songbook:

(cred

Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM

okay, since i got no more round 5 entries, i'm extending it AGAIN! :)
    Kristen
    my songbook:

(cred

Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 3:57 PM

please enter round 5!!! :)
    Kristen
    my songbook:

(cred

Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 8:29 AM

heffrondrive wrote:
    please enter round 5!!! :)
    Kristen
    my songbook:

(cred

Kristen
    my songbook:

(cred

Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 8:51 AM

okay, we only had one entry for round 5 after like a month... oh well :) that just means DressedUpLIkeHipsters wins all the categories, i guess thinking of making another contest... ultimate songwriting challenge? you audition, i pick a few contestants, and they write about assigned topics? points and rounds and an overall champion? like? :)
    my songbook:

Source: taylorswift.com via Kristen Renee'

Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 8:55 AM

that's a great idea!
    i think you should do it :D

Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:41 AM

quelinha wrote:
    that's a great idea!
    i think you should do it :D

thanks! :)

my songbook:

Source: taylorswift.com via Kristen Renee'