Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: SwiftieKat's Songwriting Contest Part 2

Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM

These are actually for Round 18....sorry about the mixup. I really need to work on that, I always do this. :/

SwiftieKat wrote:
    The winner's graphics for Round 18!! I really hope you like them, enjoy xoxo

thing was a masterpiece xoxo

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM

SwiftieKat wrote:
    Here are the winner's graphics for Round 19, I hope you like them! xoxo

I love my graphic. Thank you!!

1. Smn of Caramel's Shoppe, avatar

Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Enchantedtaylorswifty: Happy you like it. XD And sorry about the confusion...I am such a scatterbrain. xoxo

Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Thanks so much SwiftieKat! I LOVE my graphic for Round 19!! :D

I Spoke Now on July 14th, 2011 and June 14th, 2013 was burning RED

Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM

SwiftieKat wrote:
    Enchantedtaylorswifty: Happy you like it. XD And sorry about the confusion...I am such a scatterbrain. xoxo

That's ok, not going to hold it against you or anything. Everyone does get caught up in life and other things happening on the side besides TC so it's perfectly naturally to actually make graphics for the songs from round 18 and post them for 19. It's kinda funny though.

1. Smn of Caramel's Shoppe, avatar

RE: SwiftieKat's Songwriting Contest Part 2

Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 6:51 PM

If its not too late to enter, I would really love to enter this last round now.

I literally JUST wrote this, so I don't actually know if its any good. A basic summary of the song: Its kind of based on the book/movie 'Dear John', but without all the letters. A girl meets a guy and they pretty much fall in love within just a few weeks of knowing each other, but then he has to go back into the army. They don't keep in touch. Its been months since they saw each other but the girl just can't stop thinking about him. He was her first love and they really connected and she wants him to come back. Its pretty much Dear John, but I wanted to put a twist on it so that it wasn't exactly the same story. I hope that makes sense, and I hope you like it. :)

I Miss You

The moon is bright,
    in the sky tonight,
    and its full,
    so beautiful,
    I'm standing by the ocean,
    the place where we met,
    and I'd give anything,
    to have you back,

Cause a few months have gone by,
    since I last saw you, and I,
    need to know that you're alright,

I miss you,
    and I wish you,
    could be here with me,
    only knew you for a few weeks,
    felt like I'd known you forever,
    but now it seems like I never,
    knew you at all,
    feels like you were just a dream,
    I need to see you to believe,
    that you were real,
    I miss you,

You're miles away,
    I hope you're safe,
    and you're not,
    getting hurt,
    I'm sitting in the sand,
    the place where our hands,
    touched for the first time,
    and I want them back,

Cause a few months have gone by,
    since I last saw you, and I,
    need to know that you're alright,

I miss you,
    and I wish you,
    could be here with me,
    knew you at all,
    that you were real,
    I miss you,

I can't stop thinking about the last,
    conversation that we had,
    and the way you touched my skin,
    never wanted it to end,
    but you had to go,
    and fight for our country,
    let me put this bluntly,

I miss you,
    and I wish you,
    could be here with me,
    knew you at all,
    that you were real,
    Oh, I miss you,

I miss you, I do,
    I miss you,
    do you miss me too,
    do you miss me too,
    I miss you.

Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Dancing Under The Milky Twilight

Dizzy is how I feel
    When I'm with you
    You say those three words
    and it takes my cares away
    This love grows deeper each day
    And there is no way I wouldn't stay

So take my hand and lets run away into the stars
    I know a place we can be alone that isn't too far

The moon is up
    The river is high
    Lets go fly tonight
    You and I we got all night
    To dance under the milky twilight
    So take my hand
    Lets run fast
    And watch us make this last

The summer sun shinning on us
    Laying out all night in that rusty ford truck
    If you and I stayed out all night
    It would be just my luck
    To fall for someone as picture perfect as you

So take my hand and lets run away into the stars
    I know a place we can be alone that isn't too far

The moon is up
    The river is high
    Lets go fly tonight
    So take my hand
    Lets run fast

This summer love
    Will last forever
    Come whatever
    You and I will always be together

The moon is up
    The river is high
    Lets go fly tonight
    So take my hand
    Lets run fast

Credit for the beautiful signature to GaveMeRoses

Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 3:46 AM

SwiftieKat wrote:
    SwiftieForever3 wrote:
    Honestly, I can't believe that this contest has come to an end. This one's been my favorite and the host is an amazing person and the graphics are enchanted and marvelous.. Gonna miss all of this..
    If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Wow, thank you! I'm really sad that it's ending too, I'll miss reading all of your amazing songs! Bella, reading your songs is enchanting and I am just mesmerized every single time. I'll be stalking all of your songbooks though, so I won't completely lose that >:) hahahah.

I doubt that this is my last contest, I'll probably be starting one up again by next year or sooner. I'm just really busy lately and I don't want the results to be late every week.

Yeah, I know... Plus the school started, so, it takes a lot of time. But anyways, thank you so much for saying that for my songs, it really means a lot to me! You're amazing person and brilliant songwriter. I enjoyed reading your songs, too, the emotions you put in 'em are marvelous.

But, everything that's pretty must have an end.. I'll be more than happy to participate in your songwriting contest again, can't wait for it to start! In the meanwhile, I wish you all the best and have a nice, Swifty, day :)

Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 3:51 AM

SwiftieKat wrote:
    Here are the winner's graphics for Round 19, I hope you like them! xoxo

i love my graphic thanks
    we may love the wrong person and cry for the wrong reason,but one thing is for sure,mistakes help us to find the right person.

Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 3:43 PM

She is invisible
    And he is in love with another girl
    Every ones got a story
    Not everyone's is filled with glory

I got issues
    I got problems
    I've got a live to lead
    Trying to make good memories

This ain't a movie
    I wish it could be
    But no baby
    This is my story,

She got her heart broke
    And he gave her up for smokes
    Fairy tales come to an end
    Come on lets not pretend that

I don't have issues
    I don't have problems
    I've don't have a live to lead
    I'm not trying to make good memories

This ain't a movie
    I wish it could be
    But no baby
    This is my story,

Trying not to screw up
    Trying not to fall down
    Trying not to end up
    On the ground

This ain't a movie
    I wish it could be
    But no baby
    This is my story,

She is invisible
    And he is in love with another girl
    Every ones got a story
    Not everyone's is filled with glory

Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Oh yeah thats called "My Story"

Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I'd love to enter your next songwriting contest!

^Made By Me^

Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Results?

Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM

final round xD (I've loved this contest)

Miss You Like Crazy (I'm not sure if the name will stay the same as I'm not sure about it)

Hey wonderful,
    what's it like in New York City?
    is it still as cold as when I came to visit
    I hear that central park looks
    beautiful in the winter
    when its covered in snow
    and I hope that one day, when I see you again
    you'd show me

but first theres just one thing on my mind
    and I thought that this moment felt right to say

I miss you like crazy
    please come back to me
    I'm driving myself mad
    Cause I'm missing you bad

Hey beautiful,
    just wanted to say happy birthday
    hows summer treating you over there?
    I hear you got a new apartment, in Manhattan
    I hope it feels like home there
    and I hope that sometime, when theres time we can find
    I can see you

But first theres still one thing on my mind
    and I can't see you to tell it to you right
    but

I miss you like crazy
    please come back to me
    I'm driving myself mad
    Cause I'm missing you bad

Hello again,
    it's been a while, I guess
    and I'm scared that you'll forget
    but I'll be here soon
    so you can wrap me in your arms again
    and whisper

I've missed you like crazy
    but its okay cause you're here with me
    I've driven myself mad
    cause I need you so bad

You said, hey beautiful
    how'd you like New York City?
    are you getting used to the cold?
    and I'm so glad you saw Central park, for yourself
    when it was covered in snow

Credit to Tayluvxoxo for the ama

Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Thank you for the beautiful graphics!

Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Round 20 I really hope you enjoy this song!

"Evan"

Verse:
    He never thinks about me
    But I always think about him
    When will he realize
    That I'm the one for him
    I will remember his talk
    And I will never ever stop.
    And you can't hold me back

Prechorus:
    And so what if I love him
    What are you gonna do to me?
    So c'mon show me whatcha got
    I'm never ever gonna stop

Chorus:
    And you ain't never gonna know
    That I will even love you when it's cold
    And I will never ever stop
    So it's your turn to step up and start
    Evan, I'm never gonna leave.
    I'll be right there you'll see.

Verse:
    He'll never talk about me
    I guess I'll be okay with that
    But honey you wait and see
    That I'm the next one believe me
    Please just give the chance

(Prechorus and chorusx2)

Bridge:
    Yes, I have admitted that I love you
    Evan, won't you see I should be the one you choose
    And if that other girl asks you
    Please just remember
    Would she write a song for you?

(Chorus x2)

Ending:
    And if that other girl asks you
    Please just remember
    Would she write a song for you?

Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I Want Passion
    When the prince
    Leaves his princess in the dark
    When the typical girls
    Heart is crushed

When all Hope is lost
    And you are living in dust
    Ya you're trying to find your fairy tale

Because I'm living in a cruel world
    Trying not to be the ordinary girl
    Cause I don't want secrets
    I don't want just just the ordinary love
    That will never live on,
    Noo
    I want passion

Right now I'm driving down an empty road
    Ya I'm feeling so alone
    I guess I'm running out of time
    And I really want to start our storyline

That'll come and go
    Noo
    I want passion

I'm never gonna settle for "good enough"
    I need a relationship that'll go through the rough
    Ohhh
    I want passion

That'll come and go
    Noo
    I want passion.

Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Since you haven't posted results yet I've decided to enter this song instead...it's crazy how many new songs I can write in a few weeks, I hope you like it! :)

Without You

[Girl]
    Sitting by the phone it’s 2am
    And I just can’t get you out of my head
    I wish you could be here
    But you’ve got to do you’re thing out there

[Boy]
    I’ve been staying up all night
    Just trying to somehow see the light
    But no matter how hard I try
    I just can’t live a lie

Pre-Chorus:
    I just can’t live without you
    And I don’t ever want to

Chorus:
    Tell me we can find a way
    To make this love last one more day
    Cause if I had one wish, just one would do
    I’d wish for you

[Boy]
    I know it’s a long shot
    But I’m gonna give it all I got
    Cause if there’s one thing I know
    This love is worth fighting for

[Girl]
    And I’d fly a thousand miles
    Just to see your smile
    You know I’d do anything at all
    Cause I’m already flying through the free fall

Pre-Chorus:
    You know,
    I can’t live without you
    And I know don’t ever want to

Chorus

[Girl]
    Sitting by the phone it’s 2 am
    I dial your number just to hear your voice again

[Boy]
    And it’s like I’m living in this dream
    Where you’re the only thing I ever need

Pre-Chorus:
    And realize I just can’t live without you
    Oh, no and I don’t ever want to

Chorus:
    So tell me we can find a way
    To make this love last one more day
    Cause if I had one wish, just one would do
    I’d wish for you, oh whoa
    I’d wish for you

I Spoke Now on July 14th, 2011 and June 14th, 2013 was burning RED

Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 5:48 PM

i made this song for a friend what i want to let her know is im sorry for don't realize this before you're beautiful never forget that and cutting your shelf dont make y
    let me know what you think =)
    cut yourshelf never is the answer

i remember when i met you for the first time
    you're first day at school i went with my friend and say hi to you
    you smiled and look up and reply
    we talk in break and i have the lucky to know you more
    we became friends and now after 4 years
    chourds
    you're in dark a room
    you are looking at the rain comes down
    your eyes are cold and they don't shine anymore
    and i wasn't there to help you
    or let you know who much you war
    and i know you dont feel loved or wanted at all
    i know you cry and i know how you feel but
    remember pain is from now but die last forever
    keep this in mind you're better than that

i know life wasnt nice with you
    she took your daddy away from you
    and i know you seem rude but you are not
    i hope you an understand how beautiful you're
    and i know
    chourds x2

RE: SwiftieKat's Songwriting Contest Part 2

Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Here's mine:

She Says

Verse 1
    She cries in a corner
    Could she feel any smaller?
    She used to be stronger
    But he breaks her down
    He broke her down

Chorus
    It used to feel like flying
    But now she feels like dying
    You're not alone, you're not alone
    Will I ever love again?
    Of will I be alone till the end?
    I don't know, she says

Verse 2
    She walks a lonely path
    She covers up her tracks
    She thought he understood
    He made her feel so good
    Chorus
    Will I ever love again?
    Or will I be alone till the end?
    I don't know, she says

Bridge
    She don't know
    Where to go
    Or what to do

Chorus
    Will I ever love again?
    Or will I be alone till the end?
    I don't know...

She stands alone in the night
    The stars are shining bright
    He was such a tease
    I'm not gonna let it get to me, she says

Outro
    She thought he understood
    But he broke her down

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.