Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: SwiftieKat's Songwriting Contest Part 2

Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 4:42 PM

OOH! I WILL POST ONE!!!!!!
    Need me
    I could wipe on a smile and act like its a perfect day
    I could walk a thousand miles and still have nothing to say..
    I could wish that wishing about you wishing about me
    Is just a fantasy..
    but if you could see!
    chorus
    I'll be looking in every town every street hopin' you're still around
    and you still love me!
    I'll jump off a skyscraper
    it wouldnt cost that much harm
    just to land in your arms
    and finally admitting
    Im needing you
    to need me
    verse2
    This dusty old town
    isnt the same when your not around
    but your in a big city
    and im stuck here needing you to need me!
    repeat chorus
    bride
    skyscrapers would cause me harm!
    but not as much, id take that
    over landing in your arms!!
    repeat chorus
    closing
    i could wipe on a smile and act like its a perfect day...
    is just a fantasy
    like walking a thousand miles.....

Credit to Kate (ThroughTheFreeFall)

credit to LikeAPerfectRhyme!:)
    THE FLAWLESS ANYTHING (BEAUTIFULTRAGEDY) MADE ME T

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Thank you for your entry!!!

P.S. I will be counting all the songs already entered in Round 23 on Part One
    -Kat

^thatlittleREDdress the great xoxo

^InTheRedDress (so amazing!!)[/sig

Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 5:22 PM

For Round 1

Blue Teardrops

Verse 1
    Ice cold wind blows through my brown hair
    I can see you in the corner of my blue-gray eyes
    I hug myself tighter with my velvet black cloak
    The chill of the air so cool, makes me shiver
    You walk over to me, standing behind me

Verse 2
    You begin to talk, explaining in hushed tones
    You know what you did wrong to me, and i didn't do anything to you
    I see white puffs of smoke from your breath come out
    Making you look like an innocent fire-breathing dragon
    More like an icy breathing dragon
    But you're not innocent

Pre-Chorus
    Your sorry's, your lies, all are nothing but just air coming out of your mouth
    There's nothing that can distinguish you from any other guy
    Just one that's a fake

Chorus
    Silent tears drip down my face
    They burn against the cold biting wind
    My thoughts just keep echoing my mind
    As you continue to talk in hushed tones
    Trying to change my mind
    I stare out into the blue sea and all I can see are my tears through my eyes
    My blue teardrops

Verse 3
    The ice cold wind blows burnt dried up leaves past the beach
    The green beach grass is the only color in the manic depressent state I'm in
    Even out in this beach
    I stand up from the driftwood I've been sitting on and walk away
    Shrouding myself away from you
    I see you in the corner of my eye, exasperated with me
    That I won't listen to what you have to say
    I've already heard enough

Verse 4
    I hear you chasing after me, trying to make me listen
    You grab my hand with those warm hands
    But somehow I have to resist you
    Your hands are burning fire, red hot
    They say: don't touch, don't go near him
    I don't
    Your an icy breathing dragon, but underneath you're like a fire sign
    Too hot to handle

Pre-Chorus
    I've heard everything you've had to say, I'm sick and tired of your lies
    Every day, every hour, every minute, every second is the same thing with you
    Your just too difficult to be with and I can't take it anymore
    Goodbye

Repeat Chorus

Bridge
    I run, run, run away from you
    But you always have to follow me
    I turn around and watch as swiftly, you grab me
    Pull me in, hypnotize me, and lean in for a kiss
    A passionate one at that
    Your fingers wiping away my blue teardrops

Pulling back, I shake like a leaf
    But you say hush, hush, don't weap
    You say everything that you regret, promising to make it work
    Then you wait for my answer, but there is none

Chorus
    The damage has been done
    The mirror has been shattered into a million pieces
    My heart has been murdered, because you're a lady killer
    I turn my face away from you and run away back to my car
    Behind me I can hear you run after me
    But it's no use
    I open my car door, and step inside
    Turn the ignition on and pull away
    Silently, I brake and mouth goodbye
    Forever
    And all that's left with us is our blue teardrops

Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Awesome idea! I put my song in Part 1.
    This will be more easier to keep up, I was getting mixed up when Part 1 got full.

Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Well this is my entry for round 1: regret
    I don't know if it fits the theme correctly but it's the only one I have that fits the theme :/
    I wrote this one late night while thinking of a guy that I turned down. I had only met him once at a school dance and I hardly knew him. Plus it was the first and only time a guy has ever asked me to be their girlfriend. So I was terrified and I had no idea what to do. When I day dreamed about relationships I've always wanted to be in one that I was comfortable in and didn't feel pressured into. I therefore turned him down. But his friends were telling me that it was the first time he had asked a girl out and he was really upset. I felt and still do feel horrible. I talked to him and gave him a reason why I said no. It was cause I wanted to know him first, I wanted to get to know him but when I thought we are friends he doesn't talk to me and he goes all awkward.
    So this song it like a full confession of me saying I'm sorry and that I regret wheat happened and how it turned out. Cause inside i really wanted to say yes but was scared. Scared of being left, being the one broken and the one that would be made the fool.
    I hope you like it :)

I'm sorry

Verse 1: I bet that took courage
    I bet you planned that all night
    I bet you never stopped thinking of me
    Well that cold night I tore you apart
    Without even caring it seemed
    This is me writting you my regrets

Chorus: you cared for me but I threw that in your face
    I was scared and unsure
    I turned you down and I'm sorry for that
    We never had a chance cause you gave up
    I wanted to know you but you moved on

Verse 2: i have never had someone feel this way for me
    I handled it wrong and I'm sorry
    You heard me say I wanted to know you first
    But you never gave me a chance
    Like I didn't give you a chance
    This I karma and now we'll never know

I was scared and unsure

Bridge: people never knew that I really wanted you
    But was scared that it would end and i'de be left in the dark
    When I see you in the streets I want to run and take your hand
    But I resist cause you don't care for me no more
    After that cold night I know karma doesn't back down

I was scared and unsure

Outdo: I wish you the best
    I hope you find what your looking for
    Cause you'll be in my memory
    And will never leave
    I'm sorry

[/signature]

Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I'm back, finally! I'm sorry I took so long. Anyway this song is about regretting trusting someone too much when it was all just a lie.

Broken Glass

Verse 1
    It was so simple,
    The way you took over my life,
    But back then I couldn't see,
    Everything you'd done to me,
    Now I think I was a stupid girl,
    And it's the worst wound I've endured.

Pre-Chorus
    I'm seeing it all,
    Now that it's done,
    But it's just too late.

Chorus
    What was wrong with us,
    Or what's wrong me,
    All I seem to do,
    Is trust the wrong people,
    And end up lying here, like broken glass.

Verse 2
    It's obvious,
    Your just not the 'love' kinda guy,
    But you pretended you were,
    And I chose to believe you,
    Disowning what I knew as the truth,
    I'm nothing but a fool for love.

Pre-Chorus

Chorus

Bridge

You hit me brutally,
    Though you didn't even touch me,
    You walked away,
    And didn't look back,
    On the girl,
    Who really thought you loved her.

Chorus

Outro

I'm still crying the hurt away,
    While your living happily.

Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 5:10 PM

heres mine please pm me results!

title: say sorry

verse: 1
    We always did know that we loved each other. We say
    in each others eyes. But we just played alongwith the story and were
    good friends. i know we could have been something, but we were
    just good friends.
    Choros:
    Nowiwantasay sorry! sorry fornot being brave anough to go up
    to you and tell you that " I loved you!" I wanta say sorry for all
    the things i didnt say! We could uv been together forever! But now
    i just wanta say sorry!
    verse:2
    We go every where together but AS friends. You know me better then
    i know my self! We talk about everything EXCEPT how we feel about
    each other. I really really wish we would have just told each other
    how we really felt! But we didn't so..
    Chorors:
    Now i wanta say sorry! sorry fornot being brave anough to go up
    i ust wanta say sorry!
    verse: 3
    one day we take are seperate pathes. We knew thiss day was coming,
    but know it's here! And i cant stand it cause i know i'm loosing you!!
    Know it's to late to tell you that " I loved you!" But I CAN tell you that..
    choros:
    Nowiwantasay sorry! sorry fornot being brave anough to go up
    i ust wanta say sorry! together forever! Yeah i just wanta say sorry!!
    ;)

^By: Guppy1313^

Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Round 1- Regret

"For Sure

Verse 1
    You're living like a prince,
    Fulfilling your every wish.
    You've caught all your dreams,
    But it's caught up with you and me.

Baby, we can't just slow down,
    'Cause I think we need to let go now.
    I think you need to be free,
    Free from what binds you to me.

Chorus
    And little did I know
    Just what I was doing.
    I thought it was the best for us,
    But we turned out to be losing.
    I pushed you away
    When you pulled me close,
    And I know I hurt you,
    That's what I regret the most.
    And now here we are,
    Going different ways on shooting stars,
    I still don't know what to do,
    But if I know one thing for sure,
    It's that I love you.

Verse 2
    I hate what I've become,
    Trying to forget my only one.
    I just want back what we had,
    I didn't know it's ache so bad.

I'm sorry I'm too afraid to say
    That I'm sorry things can't go our way.
    But maybe if I would just relax,
    We could go back to what we had.

Chorus
    And little did I know
    Just what I was doing.
    I pushed you away
    And I know I hurt you,
    And now here we are,
    It's that I love you.

Bridge
    There's a hole in my heart,
    And you're the missing part.
    There's an empty place in my life,
    And you're the only one who can make it right.
    You're all that I want right now,
    I wish I could just tell you somehow.

Chorus
    And little did I know
    Just what I was doing.
    I pushed you away
    And I know I hurt you,
    And now here we are,
    It's that I love you.

For sure, I love you.
    Stay Strong,
    Kristen

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 1:03 PM

This is a good idea! I'll enter later though :)

~"My songs aren't meant for girls to rip pages out of their diaries"

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Third place in round 22???? Thank you so much!!!!!

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 5:57 PM

So, I really like this song :) It's a really country song

So, my entry for Round 1 (Regret) :)

"Typical Ordinary Me"
    Verse 1
    You’re the boy, who’s described as who’s got it all
    Every girl has a crush, except for me, not at all
    I can see, that you know the truth i feel
    It’s no surprise I’m not into you

When I see you, walking down the street
    Normally I would spit, aiming for not the tree
    But this time, oh this time, oh this time
    Something came over me

Chorus
    You make me spin around there’s no easy way out
    I guess my feelings have changed, but I’m not the same
    As every other stuck up girl who lives on this world
    I’m the girl who judges for the feeling and content
    Not the looks, that you have, not the smile that you glance at me
    I can see that you think I’m still typical ordinary me

Verse 2
    Well, it’s hard to change the way I act and look
    But your face grabs me on a hook
    Like a fish, I fly up, I fly up
    But instead when I’m up, I’m happier than ever

Repeat Chorus

Bridge
    I guess you really don’t understand, that I want you badly and I’m sorry
    I feel okay, except right now
    How could you, be so cruel, was I really that mean to you?

Well, I’ll make it up, break my back, turn around give me a slap
    I’ll do anything for you, ‘cuz I’m not, no I’m not
    Typical ordinary me I’ve changed, I’ve changed
    You’re not a brat at all, and I. Want. You.

Repeat Chorus

Well, I’ll make it up, break my back, turn around give me a slap
    I’ll do anything for you, ‘cuz I’m not, no I’m not
    Typical ordinary me I’ve changed, I’ve changed
    You’re not a brat at all, and I. Want. You.

| Caitlin | Annie |

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Hope it's not too late!

For round 1:

Get to Me

Verse 1:

When his brown eyes look into mine
    it's like watching the sun shine
    getting into my soul
    I'll never let him go

And when he's talking to me
    with the voice of an angel
    the fears I can see
    made me let him go

And there's nothing I regret more
    it sent me crying all the way home
    that one thought, that we should

Chorus:

Shoot for our own stars
    reach for our own height
    open our own doors
    I thought that I just might
    I might go farther if I don't have you
    but now I see
    I let the fear of losing him
    get to me

Verse 2:

Now that he's gone
    I'm in darkness all alone
    blocking out everything
    angel voices no longer ring

(My favorite part. Still part of verse 2):
    The only sunlight
    comes from the sun
    can't see his brown eyes
    after we're done

I miss you
    I need to to let him know
    I swore to myself
    I'd never let him go
    But I said we should

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:

I shot for my own stars
    they weren't nearly as bright
    I opened my own doors
    weren't as pretty a sight

Now I finally know
    I should've never let him go

Why am I sitting home
    waiting here all alone
    dropping fast in the free fall zone
    We should've never

Changed Chorus:

Shot for our own stars
    reached to our own height
    opened our own doors
    I think I just might

I might break if I
    think about it one more time
    About how I let my fears of losing you
    get to me

Ending:

And never a day goes by
    that I don't regret
    making you leave

hope you like it!

RE: SwiftieKat's Songwriting Contest Part 2

Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Here's my entry for Round 1 of Part 2! :D
    I had forgotten about this song but just found it today and madea few tweakings, hope you like it!! :D

Out of Time

This is kind of sad I have to admit
    But I have to accept it for what it is
    Maybe we were destined to fall
    All of the pieces on the floor
    But this time you’re not coming back
    To help me clean up this mess
    You left me, a girl in a dress
    Crying on the floor all by myself

Chorus:
    I know we might not be perfect
    But aren’t we supposed to forgive and forget
    And move past this bump in the road
    But you act like it’s over, have I crossed the last line
    I just want to apologize but I guess I’ve ran out of time

I remember slamming the door
    I walked away like so many times before
    And I waited for you to call, staring at the phone
    But it never rang, and I almost dialed your number
    But I couldn’t face hearing your voice one last time
    And me begging you to stay, tears being shed again

Chorus

Tonight I knocked on your door
    And there you were once more
    And just like before
    I begged you to let me in
    But my walls are all already too thin
    And it’s too late I should’ve known
    So listen to me

Chorus

And I regret saying everything I did
    But don’t beautiful things
    Come out from the darkness
    Like winters to springs
    Well, I guess not everything

Chorus

Ohh, I’ve ran out of time
    All out of time
    Ohhhhhh
    We’re all out of time

I Spoke Now on July 14th, 2011 and June 14th, 2013 will come back to me in burning RED

Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 8:31 AM

OMS that's a lot of entries!! Okay, working on results
    -Kat

Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Results are up darlings!! Please enter Round 2?
    -Kat

Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:30 AM

taylorswiftielucky13 wrote:
    This awesome!

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Thank you!!
    -Kat

Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:38 AM

thanks soo much for the "Speak Now" award! i'm having a songwriting contest of my own if y'all would lik to enter! :)
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2386193
    Stay Strong,
    Kristen

Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:42 AM

heffrondrive wrote:
    thanks soo much for the "Speak Now" award! i'm having a songwriting contest of my own if y'all would lik to enter! :)
    Stay Strong,
    Kristen

Of course, your song was beautiful!!
    -Kat

Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM

SwiftieKat wrote:
    heffrondrive wrote:
    Stay Strong,
    Kristen

Of course, your song was beautiful!!
    -Kat

thank you! :)

Stay Strong,
    Kristen