Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: SPEAK NOW & SURPRISES: SWIFTIE/HAYNIAC FAN FICTION

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Cool

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Chapter 1

Credit to the amazing Belle for the banner

So here I was driving to NYC airport in my brand new Toyota Celica. Okay maybe it was my company’s brand new Toyota Celica, but who cares? I was the one driving it for now.
    A Singapore Airlines plane cruised lowly through the skyline before ducking behind the airport. I parked the beautiful Toyota and went to collect my suitcase from the boot.
    “Shoot!” I murmured exasperatedly as my baggage scraped some of the glossy black paintwork off the boot. I guess the car wasn’t brand new anymore.
    I made my way into the airport, car keys still in hand, searching for my boss in the lobby.
    “Shelby!” I heard his deep, booming voice before I saw him walking towards me with one hand outstretched for the Toyota keys. I grudgingly handed them to him.
    “Don’t worry; we’ll ship Celica over before you know it.” He grinned at me.
    Meet my boss, Richard Jones. He lets us call him Ricky because he thinks it breaks the awkward employee-boss feeling. I don’t think he realises that the awkward employee-boss feeling is there for a reason.
    “Ready for you briefing?” he asked me. I nodded and put on my best fake smile. It wasn’t that I didn’t love my job, I just didn’t love my job description: baby-sitting celebrities - as if they couldn’t do it themselves.
    “She’s our biggest client yet, and that’s why I gave her to you Shelby. You can handle mobs and stalker fans better than any of the others.” Ricky told me. Really, he made the fact that I was aggressive and controlling sound like a compliment. I nodded again in agreement, feeling pretty low as I was separated from my Toyota.
    “Taylor Swift.”
    I looked up in recognition at those two words. I did like her music, a lot actually. This should be more enjoyable than it was managing All Time Low and the Jonas Brothers’ tour.
    “Cool.” I replied, actually genuinely smiling. “When’s the plane?”
    “You’re travelling on her private jet with Miss Swift, her family, band and dancers.” Ricky told me proudly. My jaw dropped.
    “How on earth did you score me that, Ricky?” I gasped, raising my hands to my mouth.
    “No no, it wasn’t me at all. Miss Swift insisted that you fly with them. She’s a very pleasant young lady actually.” He gushed. I bet she was. None of the other ladies at our office could resist Ricky’s British accent. I just laughed at him and asked where I had to go.
    “Oh, she’ll send someone to meet you. Just wait here.” He told me before skipping on his heels and leaving.
    I was going to be riding on a private jet with America’s sweetheart. Wow.

I sat down on the black leather couch and began flicking through a copy of Vogue on the coffee table in front. I got so absorbed in an article about notes in a perfume that I almost forgot where I was. The tap on my shoulder brought me back to reality.
    “Hi, Shelby White?” a Southern voice said from behind me. I turned and saw a boy about the same age as me in a dark grey v-neck shirt. He didn’t look familiar. Must’ve been the person Taylor Swift sent for me.
    “Yes?” I replied, still holding the copy of Vogue. A couple of strands of my blonde hair fell in front of my eyes as I held his gaze for a few seconds. He just stood there wavering slightly, no words.
    “Yes?” I repeated, smiling a little.
    “Uh, yeah. Time to board the plane with Miss Taylor Swift.” He made two arrows with his fingers as he said it, pointing in the direction we needed to go. He reached for my suit case as I picked up my baggage.
    “Is Taylor Swift paying you to carry my bags?” I asked a little astounded.
    “Nope miss, I’m doing this out of the kindness of my heart.” He joked. I laughed in return. Nothing wrong with a funny personal assistant.
    “So you’re Taylor Swift’s personal assistant?” I asked, more for the sake of conversation. He began laughing a little too hard for normality.
    “Me? Taylor Swift’s personal assistant?” he turned around and asked me in disbelief then cracked up once more, running his fingers through his tufts of dark blonde hair. It was my turn to be speechless.
    Eventually he recovered from his laughing fit and looked me in the eye.
    “Seriously, you thought I was Taylor Swift’s personal assistant?” he said slowly, on the verge of laughter again. He was grinning from ear to ear.
    I felt my cheeks turn pink.
    “Why else would she have sent you to fetch me?” I mumbled looking down. I could tell that the boy in front of me wanted to start laughing again but maybe it was something about my expression that stopped him.
    “Sorry Shelby – is it okay if I call you Shelby?” he apologized then quickly corrected himself. I nodded.
    “I’m the opening act of the Speak Now Tour. Hunter Hayes.” He informed me. I couldn’t be sure if I’d imagined the next bit, but I thought I saw him quickly wink at me before we continued through the airport.

Graphic made by me and TaylorFanDenmark :)

Want to read an extract from my diary?http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2280602#post_18534653

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 8:50 AM

TheFlawless wrote:
    Cool

Thank-you! :)

Want to read an extract from my diary?http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2280602#post_18534653

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Chapter 2

Credit to the fabulous Violet for the banner

I opened the one way glass door to the private lobby of the airport.
    “Hi I’m Taylor.” Said the cutest, most endearing voice you’d ever heard.
    “Hi, I’m Shelby White.” I stammered. A look of recognition flashed in Taylor Swift’s eyes as she made her way towards me, arms extended for a hug.
    “Tour manager.” She said knowingly. I hugged her. “I honestly don’t know what we’d do without you, this is our biggest ever tour.” She told me, before rephrasing. “It’s only our second, but it’s still bigger than ‘Fearless’!” She insisted. I smiled. She was such a likeable person. Her bright red skirt flowed as she spun around to greet Hunter Hayes. I half listened to their amiable chat about music as I made my way around the room.
    It was filled with more luxurious leather couches than the ones in the public lobby. A woman with fiery red hair chucked a velvet cushion at a guy with extremely large hands. Bass player hands.
    Taylor was back at my side, hand on my back.
    “This is my band and my dancers.” She chuckled. “And that’s my mom and my brother over there.” She waved at two people who seemed content listening to an iPod away from the cushion chucking.
    A short girl with dark brown eyes and mid-length black hair approached us.
    “Hi I’m Liz, the backing singer.” She introduced herself. Compared to Taylor’s sweet voice, Liz had the voice of an angel.
    “Shelby White.” I smiled back at her holding out my hand. She hugged me. Wow. They all liked hugs round here.
    Taylor went to talk to her mom and brother whilst Liz took it upon herself to introduce me to the others.
    “This is Charity and Clifton.” She told me, pointing to a woman with olive skin and fire truck red hair, and dark skinned man with cornrows. “They’re dancers. We continued through the group of over twenty people, ranging from punk rock to ditsy and cute, shy unsociable and over-enthusiastic. Everybody was lovely to me.
    “Hi Shelby White, Liz.” A rich and happy woman’s voice said from behind.
    “Andrea!” Liz leaped forward and hugged the person who I believed to be Taylor’s mom. “This is momma Swift.” Liz confirmed for me.
    “Hi honey!” Andrea clasped me to her in a warm and embracing hug. She stepped back and looked me in the eye before informing me that she was always there if I needed a chat. I thanked her and went to retrieve my luggage from the door.
    “Is this another job for Taylor Swift’s personal assistant?” he joked from behind me. I cringed mentally at that massive slip up I’d made, mistaking a signed country artist for Taylor’s personal assistant.
    “Nope. But I think it might be a job for Hunter Hayes.” I replied hoping to redeem myself, even though he evidently found it hilarious.
    “Sure.” He grinned and effortlessly picked up my suitcase and followed me to a corner filled with furry beanbags.
    “Here okay?” he checked with me before putting my suitcase down. I nodded thanks.
    “First time working with Taylor Swift?” he started the conversation. I nodded.
    “What about you?” I asked him. He nodded too. We sat there in silence for a few seconds before he whacked me in the face with a beanbag.
    “What was that for?” I demanded. He just sat that laughing like a wild animal.
    “You’re just like kid, seriously.” I told him, laughing a little myself.
    “Hey! I bet I’m older than you.” He said. I took one look at him and chortled. He couldn’t be older than eighteen.
    “I’m nineteen.” I informed him. He beamed.
    “I’m twenty in four months.” He smirked. No way was he twenty. He was so having me on.
    “What sort of idiot are you taking me for?” I chuckled and pulled out my mobile.
    “Who are you calling?” he asked curiously.
    “Nobody. I’m searching your age Hunter Hayes.” I said condescendingly. “Didn’t your mother ever tell you not to tell lies?” I said mockingly before I froze. He grinned widely.
    For the Google page in front of me did indeed tell me that he was turning twenty on September 7th. Man, that kid needed to start maturing.
    “Well you don’t look twenty.” I told him grumpily. That just resulted in another whack in the face with a beanbag.
    “Hunter!” Andrea called disapprovingly across the room. It gave the impression that he behaved like a toddler most of the time.
    “Sorry.” Hunter yelled back and stood up.
    “I’ll get you on the plane!” he said smiling at me. Hah. Don’t bank on it Hunter Hayes.

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM

taylorswiftielucky13 wrote:
    Awesome

Thank-you so much! :)

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 9:54 AM

please visit my Graphic contest :)
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2375353

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM

starlight winter wonderland wrote:
    please visit my Graphic contest :)
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2375353

Thanks for commenting :)

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Chapter 3

Credit to the stunning Raegan

I ended up sitting by a middle aged guy with spiked brown hair and a face that broke into creases whenever he smiled.
    “Are you Shelby White, our tour manager for the US?” he asked me, seeming genuinely interested. I nodded and smiled, appreciating the kind gesture he’d made by sitting next to me.
    “I’m Paul Sidoti.” He told me grabbed me in a massive hug.
    “Hi Shelby!” said a man from the row in front. I’d forgotten his name already but I remembered his punk rocker hair that was spiked up from every single angle. Then it came to me.
    “Grant?” I said tentatively.
    “That’s my name, don’t wear it out!” he joked, before turning around again to converse with one of the dancers. She was blonde and very slender. She must’ve been mistaken for Taylor Swift many times whilst she was walking around a venue.

I spent the first hour of the flight listening to Paul’s music history. He’d picked up the guitar at the age of five in Cleveland, Ohio, and was performing in his own school rock band by the age of fourteen. Along the way he’d also taught himself keyboard, bass and drums, and even a little saxophone. When he asked me if I played an instrument I almost felt shameful, retelling the time where I won $50 on the lottery and decided to go out and buy a ukulele.
    “Ever been to Nashville before? We’re playing at the Bridgestone Arena.” Paul informed me.
    “No, I’ve never been to Nashville. I’m California girl!” I laughed. Grant turned around again.
    “Never been to Nashville? Girl, get prepared for some of the best sun in your life!” he said ecstatically. The girl next to him began laughing and even Paul muffled a chuckle.
    “Grant, Claire.” He said softly, then told me that they’d been dating since they met on the Fearless tour. Even I had to admit that it was kind of cute.

There were a few more minutes of silence before Paul announced that he needed to take a leak and walked off. I took it as an opportunity to begin revising the schedule that I would be keeping these people to for the next six months. The thought made me nervous.
    “Was wondering if I’d be able to keep my promise to you.” Said a voice that had miraculously appeared beside me.
    “Hi Hunter.” I replied sarcastically, “What promise?”
    “The one I made in the private lobby, saying that I’d get you on the plane.” He reminded me.
    “I feel so threatened.” I joked, knocking the hand fan out of his hands that he’d be using to propel popcorn pieces into the air. He held onto it and for the first time I noticed his muscles. They were solid as rocks.
    “Whatcha doing?” he asked me casually, chewing on more popcorn.
    “Looking through the schedule for all the shows and interviews we’ll be having for the next six months.”
    “Shelby shush, you’re boring me to sleep.” He replied in a hushed voice.
    “You asked!” I retorted. He just grinned at me, still chewing on his popcorn.
    Would I be able to survive this kid for six months, even if he was older than me?
    “So you’re from California?” he brought up. “Nice.”
    “How do you know?” I was pretty sure I’d never told him.
    “I read you file before I went to find you so I knew what you looked like.” He responded innocently.
    “And do I look like the state of California?”
    “Questionable.”
    I shoved him in the arm.
    “Let me do my work.” I told him, trying to sound serious. He just laughed and leaned over me, studying the schedule too.
    “Do I have to go on that radio interview? It’s just two old women prying about my love life.” He grumbled.
    “How do you know?” I asked him, intrigued.
    “Because I’ve been on there before. Please Shelby.” He begged me. I laughed.
    “No I think I’ll keep you on.”
    “Why? What?” he exclaimed.
    “I want to hear about your love life.” I taunted. He suddenly changed his face to one that was calm and cool.
    “Why, are you interested?” he purred.
    “Don’t flatter yourself.” I snorted. I heard Grant and Claire laugh too. They must’ve been listening.
    “Hey little Hunter.” Paul said peevishly, poking Hunter from his seat.
    “Shelby doesn’t need your company any more, although I’m sure she appreciated it.” Paul told Hunter as he grabbed his popcorn. I couldn’t help but feel a little sorry for Hunter. They all treated him like the pet that nobody wanted.
    “Hey Hunter! Come over here!” Liz called from the back of the plane. She was sat next to the woman with fiery red hair that I remembered to be Caitlin, the fiddle player.
    Hunter’s face lit up like a light as he scrambled to the back of the plane to talk to the girls.
    “He’s so into you Shelby!” Claire gushed as soon as Hunter was out of earshot. I looked up at Claire, stunned that she’d even start that sort of conversation with me. We barely knew each other.
    “Don’t be silly.” I laughed and continued memorising the schedule.
    “No Claire’s right, he fancies a bit of you.” Grant insisted. “Andrea was going to fetch you until Hunter saw a picture of you on your file.”
    Paul backed him up on that too, forcing me into a shade of crimson.
    “Aw, leave her alone guys.” Claire crooned and I was thankful. She smiled sweetly at me through the gap in the seats.

SPEAK NOW & SURPRISES: SWIFTIE/HAYNIAC FAN FICTION

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Chapter 4

Credit to the brilliant WithSomeIndieRecord

The rain drizzled down like a veil as we got off the plane.
    “Welcome to Nashville, baby!” Caitlin yelled.
    “You said it’d be sunny!” I seethed at Grant. He cackled at me.
    “Oh my God Grant, you didn’t tell her that?” Taylor exclaimed, putting an arm around me. This girl was just too nice.
    “Ah, sorry Fearless Leader.” Grant joked. She smiled, blushing.
    “Where are we staying tonight?” I asked her, remembering I hadn’t seen any hotels put down for Nashville.
    “I’m organising a girly sleepover at my apartment. We did it last year on the first night of the USA tour because it’s the first night that we have a full cast. The guys all live here.” Taylor informed me. I took a few seconds to let sink in.
    I was having a sleepover at Taylor Swift’s apartment. With Taylor Swift. And her band. And her dancers. Life was sure treating me good.
    “And here’s the tour bus.” She announced as we turned a corner. The white and chrome bus with a silhouette of a girl playing a guitar looked much too small to accommodate everybody on the plane for months at a time. She must’ve seen the concern on my face because she told me that the dancer’s bus was around the corner.

“It’s my own little lair.” Taylor said impishly as we climbed the steps. “You know it’s actually Cher’s old tour bus! We completely tore it down then tricked it up with loads of homey things. Let me show you around.” She grabbed my hand and led me to the very back of the bus into some sort of clothes room.
    “This is the dressing room.” She told me, gesturing to the row of dressing tables with mirrors along one wall, and a walk-in wardrobe on the other wall. “Sometimes we don’t have enough time to get ready in the venue’s dressing rooms, so we get ready here.” She explained. We travelled next door.
    “This is my bedroom.” She hesitated for a second and then began talking fast. It was quite obnoxious, actually.
    “I know it may seem selfish that I’m the only one with the bedroom,” she began quickly, “But I tend to live on here more than the others and there was a free space, so I was like hey why not,” she kept nodding enthusiastically, “and the bunk beds are really nice, they’re twin sized so that your arms don’t hang out in the aisle!” she took a deep breath, then opened her eyes widely at me.
    “Taylor, you’re lovely.” I told her. She seemed relieved.

Her bedroom had a chocolate brown, green and duck egg blue colour scheme with lots of cushions, a cream wall, storage and mirror above her bed, then a phone stapled to the wall next to a framed award of her Love Story single. It must’ve gone platinum.

We passed the bunks in the aisle and into the living room. It was quite cosy actually, and she even showed me the pop-out camper that doubled its size. There was an electric fire too that had a turquoise flame.
    “I’ve got one in my room at home and I’d sit in front of it all day. I loved it so much, it inspired me to get one on the bus.” She told me. I was impressed.
    “This has got to be to first tour bus with a fireplace on.” I told her. She laughed and agreed.
    The last room was the kitchen. It was a small chrome themed kitchen with black lacquered seats in an alcove.
    “Wow, I love that plaque!” I pointed to a mounted plaque on the wall above her head. It read ‘Never never never give up’.
    “Thanks, I made it!” she told me. This girl really knew how to decorate.

With the tour of the tour bus concluded, we headed back to the living room where everyone else awaited us.
    “What is it mom?” Taylor asked. I looked at Andrea’s downcast face.
    “I’m sorry girls, your sleepover will have to wait. There is no way we are driving to downtown Nashville in this thing. Look at the weather.”
    We rushed to the door.
    “Careful!” I yelled and grabbed Taylor before she fell out.
    “Thanks. Running in high heels isn’t my speciality.” She joked, then stopped. There was already at two inches of water on the ground.
    “I guess we’re crashing on the tour bus tonight.” she announced. The dancers immediately filed off to their bus, leaving Taylor, Caitlin, Grant, Amos, Liz, Mike, David, Al, Paul, Andrea, Austin, myself and Hunter on band’s bus.
    “Is the bus okay with holding this many people?” Amos questioned calmly, trying not to worry anyone.
    “It’ll be fine.” Al replied. Amos looked more comfortable. It was as if the wise one had spoken.
    “Don’t you just love Nashville?” Grant chimed in my ear. Surprisingly, I was loving Nashville, and I was loving Grant Mickelson for being such a great friend so far.
    “Who’s up for a game of charades in half an hour?” Andrea hollered as we all dispersed to the bunks. Everyone replied with a resounding yes.

I climbed up to the highest bunk and began organising my things in the drawers in the walls. Handy. I felt somebody knocking from the bunk beneath me.
    “Hey Shelby, fancy coming tuck me in?” Hunter joked from the bunk below.
    “Hah! In your dreams.” I replied.
    “Oh no, I’d rather you tuck me in when I’m awake.” He retorted. Was he flirting with me? I ducked my head down so I could look him in the eye.
    “Hunter, honey, you know I’d love to but it is way past your bedtime and you should be asleep now.” I told him in my best mom voice.
    “I’m older than you!” he screeched at me.
    “And younger than her in so many ways!” Mike called from somewhere down below. I heard David laugh with him. Hunter pouted at me. His gorgeousness hit me like a brick wall and I retreated back into my bunk breathless. My phone vibrated to tell me I’d received a text.
    ‘Hunter Hayes likes you... a lot – Liz x’
    I ducked my head out of the bunk curtains one more time to glare at Liz. She giggled sweetly at me.

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Chapter 5

Credit to the fabulous Violet

My alarm clock beeped as I groggily shook myself awake. It was 19th May and we had only two days until the US leg of the Speak Now World Tour began. Two days for everybody to practise in dress on the stage together. This was going to be interesting.

I hopped out of my bunk and assessed my surroundings. Taylor hadn’t showed me the bathroom the day before and I didn’t want to wake anyone, so the hunt began.

After around ten minutes of searching I began to worry if there even was a shower on this bus. I headed to the one place I hadn’t checked: the dressing room.

The door stood slightly ajar as I approached it. Had Taylor and I left it like that the night before? I doubted it. Taylor was such a perfectionist that she’d never leave the door ajar on her own bus. Someone must be in there. Probably Caitlin or Liz curling their hair for rehearsals today, but even so I knocked the slightly open door before entering.
    “Anyone in there?” I whispered loudly, trying to keep my voice low to prevent waking the others.
    “Oh shoot, yeah give me a sec.” I heard the frantic voice of Hunter. What was he doing up so early? It was only just seven o’clock.
    “Okay, I’m decent.” He announced. I rolled my eyes and walked in.
    He stood in the walk in wardrobe with his towel around his waist, hair soaking wet and completely topless.
    “What are you doing up at this time?” I asked him incredulously, trying to ignore the fact that the hottest guy I’d ever met was standing in front of me practically naked.
    “The rain was keeping me awake so I went out to watch it for a while, then decided to take a shower.” He admitted. I shook my head at him.
    “You’re going to be so tired later.”
    He shrugged. I walked forward to the shower, picking up a towel before I went in.
    “Hey, you best be gone before I get out of here.” I warned him.
    “Or what?” he grinned, challenging me.
    “Or I’ll run you over with this damn bus the first chance I get.” I told him and shut the door.
    “Feisty.” He replied. I stifled my laughter, not wanting him to know I found him funny. Dang he was so hot.

The shower was a tiny cubicle with lukewarm water at best, but for a bus that had once belonged to Cher I guess I couldn’t complain. Once I was finished I popped my head around the door just to check that Hunter had left. He had.
    I picked my old blue jeans and a simple white cotton shirt, towel drying my hair and opting for dark tinted sunglasses instead of eye make-up. I knew it was going to be a long day and I didn’t feel like the hassle of adjusting my make-up throughout the day.

Once I was done I went to each bunk waking people up with hot drinks of coffee. I figured that it would put everybody in a good mood and make them more willing to co-operate.
    The rain had disappeared back into the drizzle and most of it had drained away. Austin talked his way into driving the truck to the venue. I grudgingly let him, but only because he was the first to wake up when I asked.

People were still getting ready when we arrived at the venue, which showed my stress.
    “Guys, we were meant to be rehearsing by eight-thirty, it’s now almost nine!” I cried at Grant and Caitlin. They were the biggest rockers on the bus and had spent almost an hour turning their hair into architectural structures. Grant looked so different with his eyeliner on, like he was a member of Kiss or something. The second they were done I literally pushed them off the bus and into the venue.

We entered the venue half-way through Hunter’s set. It was just him and a few instruments up on the stage. He played three of his own songs then two covers. Half an hour later, Taylor would come on the stage in a sparkling gold dress and begin singing the opening song, ‘Sparks Fly’.
    I’d never heard Hunter sing before, or any of his songs in fact. He was sitting a white grand piano, the one that Taylor would be using to play ‘Back To December’ on, singing a melancholy country pop ballad. It was familiar without being generic, and catchy without being almost syrupy. Anyhow, it was good. He finished up by covering a Tim McGraw song ‘Can’t Tell Me Nothin’. Good choice.

The entire crew clapped Hunter as he finished, but the clock was ticking. They now had thirty minutes to ensure that the dancer’s were completely finished stretching, that the instruments were absolutely tuned, that their voices were beautifully warmed up, that the sequences were perfectly memorised and that the costume changes wouldn’t provide any hiccups.

“What did you think of my set?” Hunter asked me as he perched on a seat in the row behind me.
    “It was great.” I told him earnestly. “I really liked the one on the piano.”
    He scowled at me.
    “That was the one you walked in halfway through. You didn’t hear the others.” He said, sounding genuinely a little hurt. I melted.
    “I’m sorry,” I apologized, trying to sound truthful. “Grant and Caitlin were being divas.”
    He chuckled at me.
    “What?”
    “I’m trying to imagine you getting angry at them.” He said laughing again. “I just can’t see it.”
    “You can’t see me angry?” I asked him in disbelief. He shook his head at me.
    “My violent nature is what got me this job, believe it or not.” I told him. He shook his head again.
    “You’re not angry or violent.”
    “You want to bet?” I threatened, jokingly.
    “Come at me.” He raised his eyebrows and held his arms out to the side. Well wasn’t someone being a little cocky today.
    He reached out and grabbed my hand.
    “Come on Shelby, I want to show you some of my other songs.” He said quickly.
    “Hunter, I’ve got to watch them perform. This is what I’m being paid for!” I hissed back.
    “You didn’t watch me perform.” He shrugged. I gave in.
    “Oh alright then. Hang on.” I ran to where Austin was stood in the pit.
    “Hunter and I are going to get a different view of the stage so we’re changing seats.” I said close to his ear. Austin grinned at me.
    “Sure you are.” He said, still grinning.
    “What?” I asked, unsure as to what he was implying.
    “Just go find your seats then, Shelby.” He laughed.

I ran back to Hunter who was disappearing through a door and wondered if Austin was completely alright in the head.

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM

What is bump?
    hpbarker

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM

hpbarker wrote:

What is bump?

Something to bump your thread into the main feed. Thanks for commenting :)

RachelLovesTaylor wrote:
    hpbarker wrote:

What is bump?

Something to bump your thread into the main feed. Thanks for commenting :)

Your story is sooo good! is there more?

hpbarker

You HAVE to write more!!!

wordpress.com

polyvore.com

http://newnownext.mtvnimages.com/2012/1

SPEAK NOW & SURPRISES: SWIFTIE/HAYNIAC FAN FICTION

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Chapter 6

Credit to the astounding Lindsay

As soon as he started playing I feared for my life. And the lives of his six guitar strings. He was strumming them so aggressively I was afraid one might ping off and hit him in the face. He opened his mouth to sing, and for the first time I heard him raw. Without the mics and the amps, just raw and natural.
    The lyrics he sang wove an image of a tanned girl in a sundress, hair blowing in the wind, bright red lips, but she was trouble. So that was his kind of girl.
    Could I be that kind of girl? I came from California, which was in the west. I had long hair and I wore sundresses often. Not too sure about the red lipstick, and I didn’t think I was ‘trouble’ either.

Wait what was I even thinking? Hunter Hayes is a client, I was essentially his boss. Relationships with your clients or other employees are strictly forbidden, as I’ve often thanked God because I’m sure Ricky would make a move on me if it were allowed.

“What do you think? I saw you tapping your foot.” He asked me with a big smile on his face.
    “I was praying for your guitar strings.” I joked. “I liked it a lot, I think I’ve heard it before. You’re a really creative musician, Hunter.” I smiled at him.
    “Thanks, Shelby.” He replied, just as the steel A string snapped and slid into his jaw line.
    My hand clapped to my mouth as his did to his neck, muttering obscenities. The broken string lay curled up around the neck of the guitar, but blood was gushing from Hunter.
    “Oh my goodness, hang on!” I cried, hands on both shoulders. He smiled at me and told me to calm down.
    “What? Hunter! You’re bleeding like you’re going to need a transfusion any second and you’re telling me to calm down?” I yelled at him. Okay maybe I was acting out of order, but quite frankly I was worried.
    We were just sat in the cafeteria area in the deserted venue, so I quickly grabbed some napkins from the Burger King counter and held them to his jaw.
    “Shelby, I’m fine. This happens all the time.” He told me, resting his hand on top of mine.
    “I’m not surprised you idiot did you not notice how hard you were playing those strings?” I snapped harshly.
    “Wow. Are you really that worried about me? Hey, maybe I have tetanus!” he smirked. My eyes widened at the thought.
    “Yes, I’ve had my tetanus jab!” he reassured me. I flattened my eyes at him. This wasn’t funny.
    “I’m okay. Honest.” He locked his eyes on mine. I believed him and removed my hands from his jaw. “But you can keep your hands on my face. It felt quite nice actually.”
    I smacked his arm.
    “Hey! No abuse to the injured!” he cried out in mock pain.
    “I thought you weren’t injured.” I retorted.
    “I thought you weren’t worried.” He stuck his tongue out at me.
    “You are so antagonising.”
    “I really like you Shelby.”
    He whispered the words to try and make them sound sincere, but it was the boyish grin on his face that convinced me otherwise.
    “Nice try sweet cheeks.” I said a flicked him on the nose. I picked up his guitar and set about changing the strings. I always kept a few spare in my bag because hey, who knows when a string might break. I tuned it up for him after.
    “Say we go get some lunch.” He suggested.
    “Say I go back to my job.” I corrected him. He sighed.
    “Shelb-” he said before I interrupted him.
    “And lunch after. You show me the best place to dine in Nashville.” I told him. That made him smile.
    My mobile buzzed in my pocket. I had a text.
    ‘How’s the view from the other seats? ;) –Austin’
    “They’ve noticed we’re missing.” I mumbled to Hunter. I picked myself up and headed towards the seating hall.
    “Lunch!” Hunter called after me. I waved absentmindedly back at him. I heard his footsteps head out into the parking lot.

I sat on some seats at the back of the arena to check that the view was alright and that no props got in the way, but mainly to show to Austin that I was taking my job seriously. He didn’t seem too bothered.

Taylor was dressed in a frilly cream number now and skipping across the prop porch to the instrumental part of ‘Our Song’. Wait, skipping wasn’t the right word. It was more like stumbling. I made a mental note to ensure that the lights were turned down a little for tomorrow’s rehearsals. The poor girl couldn’t see a thing.

The rest of the rehearsals continued without fault. This was one of the best first tour rehearsals I’d ever supervised. I was seriously impressed.
    Often with international superstars the fame goes to their heads and they think they’re invincible. Want to know why Britney Spears’ Circus tour was such a flop? She didn’t even turn up to rehearsals! Talk about a tough first assignment.
    And then you have the real troopers, like Madonna. I co-managed part of her Sticky & Sweet tour back in 2009, it was sort of work experience for me. Anyway, the old girl must’ve been at least fifty then, and all the dance moves and power vocals wore her out after the first song.

“Alright guys! You all did great!” I called through Andrea’s megaphone once entire set was finished. The crew all went to shower whilst the rest of us congregated and waited in the foyer.

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM

yayayayayay!!! MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!
    hpbarker

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 3:14 PM

hpbarker wrote:
    Your story is sooo good! is there more?

I guess I'm just making this up as I go along... so yeah I can write as much as you like. Thanks for commenting! :)
    Girl_at_Home_13 wrote:
    You HAVE to write more!!!

Aw thank-you so much :)

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 3:15 PM

hpbarker wrote:
    yayayayayay!!! MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry but I've got to go to sleep now, it's quite late where I live :(
    I promise you that I'll post more tomorrow, I promise. Please leave what you think might happen or ideas that you want to happen. I'll need inspiration!
    Thank-you for loving it, I love you

Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Taylor swift is awsome...love the chapters
    [img="Lovely-Taylor-Wallpaper-taylor-swift-19907330-1920-1080[1]"]

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.