1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Poem writing contest!!! =)

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Calling all poets, I love writing poems and I think there should be more poem writing contests. Each week there will be a new theme. I can't promise any prizes but there can be the best poem and stuff. But as far as I'm concerned... EVERYBODY'S A WINNER!
Please just have a shot though, even if you're not confident, just try please.=)

This week:
Theme: Loss of a loved one
First place:
Second place:
Third place:
Best line or phrase:

Good luck!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Poem writing contest!!! =)

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Hello? Bump

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Hi! I'll enter this song/poem/thing! (Well, I originally wrote it as a song but I think it can also be read as a poem.) It's called Angel.

Verse 1

You, with your tousled brown hair,
    With your eyes that would melt right into mine,
    With your breath that smelled like
    Peppermint and I
    Loved you more than the wide open sky

Chorus

But now, now I’m alone
    In a cold, empty world
    No strong arms to hold me tight,
    No smile to light up my soul
    You were my angel before you left
    Before the clouds rolled in
    And now I wait for an angel who
    will never appear again

Verse 2

Your eyes danced with mischief and love,
    Your laugh was the sun’s bright ray
    You spun me around,
    Lifted my feet off the ground,
    You were the reason I woke up each day

Chorus

But now, now I’m alone
    In a cold, empty world
    will never appear again

Bridge

Through the peppermint kisses
    Through the laughter and tears
    Through the dreams and the wishes,
    The hopes and the fears
    Through the roses you left
    On my window each day –
    All the time you were here

And my angel is gone
    Flown far away
    And I am left here

Chorus

Now, now I’m alone
    In a cold, empty world
    will never appear again

Me | Tanyaxoh

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 8:33 AM

You have got to be proud of yourself for that! That is amazing!
    I have a poem I wrote when my granny died, I wrote it when I was 11.

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Bump

MY ENTRY: THE FEELING

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 8:03 PM

The Feeling

It's a deep, sharp feeling
    When it hits you
    Yet it's fast and subtle
    When you realize

It's all over, it all ended
    Though while you realize,
    You don't believe
    How could you?
    How would you?
    How could He?

Trained all our lives
    To be ready, to be prepared
    Preaching it to others
    Until it's your tears falling

You were drowning in denial
    Cause you knew it would happen
    You were choking on truth
    Cause you were spitting out lies

The last laugh
    The last cry
    The last holding hands
    The last breath

I guess...
    You guess it's just the way of life
    You guess it's just meant to be
    But just guessing doesn't mend the feeling..

COPYRIGHT OF/LITTLE WHITE LIES/TC

Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Oh my goodness that was beautiful! That is so relatable! Haha I love the copyright bit - made me giggle.

Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 5:42 AM

Bumpdedeedump

Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Bump I'm forever alone haha

Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM

This is a poem I wrote after my grandfather died. It's about saying goodbye for the last time. This is Final Goodbyes for Granddaddy:

3/4/11
    Final Goodbyes for Granddaddy

The wind whistles and tangles
    Through my brown hair.
    It whips the black dress
    Around my stockinged legs.
    I shiver in the cold and join
    The procession of mourners
    To the pitched roof where a
    Coffin rests in silence.

The month: October.
    Destination: Sandy Springs Cemetery,
    Atlanta, Georgia.
    The guns spark and scream
    One by One.
    I only listen, cold and still.
    My mother is beside me, crying bitterly.
    The folded flag is given to my aunt.

The crowd disperses to their cars.
    I pass the coffin and gently
    Lay a hand on the polished wood.
    I say only one word, “Good-bye.”
    On the inside I think to myself,
    “I should have listened to your
    Rambling stories of the war.
    You should have come up with
    Us, you should have let go of your pride.”

You should have... I should have...
    A broken record left to play over and over
    Again.
    All I have left to say and feel
    Is good-bye.
    Final good-byes.
    Not when you were in the hospital
    And I was North, at a field hockey game.
    Here. Under a tree on a carpet
    Of pine needles.
    Good-bye and a few memories.
    That’s not much.

I climb into the car.
    Of my two grandfathers, the
    Only one who loved, loves, me is
    Gone.
    I love you was never said by Him.
    But, you did not have to say it either.
    You had warm embraces and
    Took us fishing and drove up
    Every year when school ended.
    He only gives those warm embraces
    To his own little girls.

Dying memories, us fishing at the beach.
    Fading ashes on the wind.
    The car drives off.
    I let go of my final good-byes
    And they fly out the window.
    The sunlight shines over that
    Plot of earth under the pine tree.
    The wind whistles and tangles
    Through my brown hair.

I take pictures and write, especially poetry. Check out my website to see it all! http://taylorbreeding.com

Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Oh.... All I can really say is wow. That poem makes me so sad, I actually nearly started crying. I'm sorry about your grandfather, hope he rests in peace.

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Bump! The results will be posted on Friday... I hope. Then a new round will start. Please post as many entries as you want and GOOD LUCK!!!

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Bumping like a boss

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 2:05 PM

LoL... Only 3 entries including me? AWH!

Thank You Everyone For...

Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Ok if I don't have 3 more entries by Friday, the results will need to be posted another time. 1 person could post like 5 poems if they wanted!

Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Bump

Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Sooooo I am bumping right nie, please enter soon

Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Now*

Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 1:13 AM

well this is a short poem, but here goes XP

I sit there, tears pouring off my cheeks,
    Looking at the picture, while the rain starts to come inside.
    I see clouds, I see shadows, I see a mist of complete biterness,
    All I can say is that I wish you were by my side.

And so I fall to my knees,
    My heart thumping like a stampede.
    I'm not sure if its the loss of you,
    Or the loss of your lead.

I'm confused to death, is it right or wrong?
    I'm in pain please let his soul be free.
    By the whisper of your name,
    Don't ever come back to me.

Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Childdeath

The weight of a feather
    Between my fingers
    So soft like heather
    A sweet smell lingers

Sometimes I wish
    I could kiss away the pain
    Or tear out the tubes
    That pump life to your veins

Your broken body
    Hangs in my arms
    Limp and swollen
    With all of your scars

Like a war veteran
    You fought it hard
    But my baby boy
    We were dealt a rough card

How am I supposed to live
    If I’m not keeping you from harm?
    How am I supposed to breathe
    Without you wrapped in my arms?
    Life was supposed to be
    A two-way street
    But they’ve put up a barricade
    Between me and my sweet
    Love

And I think it’s safe to say
    I loved you

In the middle of the night
    I heard a knock on my door
    Whispers through the dark
    And a creak in the floor

In through the silence
    Walked a large shape
    Picked you up in its arms
    And carried you away

I begged and prayed
    For you to stay
    Or bring me with you
    To that far away place

But the figure just bowed
    And shook its head
    “Where he’s going you may not
    Reach until you’re dead”

I don’t know how I am supposed to live
    If I’m not keeping you from harm
    How I am supposed to breathe
    Without you wrapped in my arms
    Life was supposed to be
    A two-way street
    But they’ve put up a barricade
    Between me and my sweet
    Love

And I think it’s safe to say
    I loved you

Then I saw a golden haired boy
    Whose face I had memorized
    Was it my brother who had left us
    When he was just a young child?

He grinned and suddenly
    I realized
    It was you my little one
    Grown and alive
    I looked straight into your eyes
    And you told me not to cry

That you’d always be with me
    That you’d never really died
    To smile, now you were truly free!
    From all the chains and hospital sheets

I drank in your features
    I will never quench my thirst
    And when you disappeared again
    I felt my aching heart burst

But I know now
    Somehow I will live
    And I’ll be keeping you from harm
    Somehow I will breathe
    Without you wrapped in my arms
    Life will always be
    A two-way street
    You took down the barricade
    Between our sweet, sweet
    Love

I know it’s safe to say
    I love you

I’ll always miss your little feet
    Hands that were so small and smooth
    But I know you’re watching over me
    And I’ll always be watching over you

Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM

If I can post more than one here's another one haha :)

It Didn't Have to Be You

Icy air cuts like a knife
    Breathe through my lungs
    Cling onto life

Your face haunts my every dream
    Life’s not always what it seems
    But death’s too soon
    I didn’t count on you going this soon

I remember the night
    We got the call
    My screams echoed
    Down the narrow hall