1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

SingingInTheCar's Songwriting Contest!

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM

So long story short, I made a songwriting contest when I was banned, got a ton of entries, and judged them BUT I got my account back so it's time to restart so here goes nothing:

Hey! So, I'm a songwriter, and I love reading other peoples' songs, so I decided to host a songwriting contest. And I've been inspired by the flawless SwiftieKat's Songwriting Contest which you can check out and enter. You won't regret it. I know there are a lot of songwriting contests on TC, but I figured there are always enough people to enter.

RULES AND DETAILS
---NO stealing songs.
---NO points system is being used, so enter whenever.
---COWRITES can be entered, as long as both writers are credited.
---PLEASE don't be upset with your place.
---I PROMISE I will read every song from top to bottom.
---NO songs that wouldn't be appropriate for TC.
---ALL SONGS must fit the theme for each round.
---EACH ROUND will have a reasonable amount of time for entries to be submitted.
---A HEADER is coming soon!
---THERE WILL BE first place, second place, third place, Fearless Award (a song filled with honesty and raw detail), Speak Now Award (a song that kind of fits the theme of Taylor's third album, whether it's a confessional apology, revenge, etc. song), Red Award (a song that showcases a lot of emotion that can be identified so easily just by reading it), Enchanted Award (a song that was really enjoyable to read), The Story of Us Award (a song with a sort of storyline OR that I found relatable, not necessarily to me, but a situation for anybody), and Best Line (a line I really liked).

ROUND ONE: Closed
Theme: Falling in love. Simple as that. Have fun!
First Place: RachelLovesTaylor with "Airport Kisses"
Second Place: staybeautiful137 with "Only Day One"
Third Place: GraceLindsay13 with "The First Time"
Fearless Award: s_tay_beautiful with "Happen Again"
Speak Now Award: SupermanFlyAway with "Pipe Dream"
Red Award: SwiftieKatxoxo with "Fall In Love"
Enchanted Award: the_walls_we_crashed_through_13 with "Crashed And Burned And Fell"
The Story of Us Award: GreatSkies29 with "Coming Home"
Best Line: "You weren't one of those bad guys that would crush my heart, cupid came to me and shot me with a dart"---from MegSwift18's song "Before We Began"

*I just wanna say how painfully difficult it was to choose these. You all did amazingly and I'm totally stunned by how talented TC is based on you guys. Please enter again! If you didn't place, just know I sat with my head in my hands trying to judge---you were all flawless!

Round Two: Open!
Theme: Friendship
Deadline: January 11th

1. SOUIAT 2. InLondonToday

October 22nd, this world will turn RED

I say

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: SingingInTheCar's Songwriting Contest!

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Hey! Thank you for the award!! I don't really like this song but it fits the theme ahaha... so here's round 2!

Best Friends

It’s like a secret code
    No one else understands
    My musings and my ramblings
    Like my best friends can

We’re silly and we’re sad
    We’re happy and we’re mad
    We’re lonely and confused
    And sometimes we feel used

But as we sit with our legs crossed
    In my living room
    I realize how much I need you
    How I could never leave you
    Cause you’re my

Feel good tonic when I’ve had a bad week
    You’re my loyal eyes when nobody notices me
    You’re my listening ear if I’m about to explode
    From all the lies those kids at school have told

You’re the first one I call with any happy news
    You have enough of my heart to cause a bruise
    And because when we fight it just feels so wrong
    I know I couldn’t stay mad at you for too long

I guess it’s part of being human
    But I have some big faults
    And sometimes I get jealous
    Lock my thoughts into a vault

You pry and you try
    To figure out my mind
    And in the end you succeed
    Cause you know what I need

And as we sit in this café
    Spilling all our problems
    I realize how much I need you
    How I could never leave you
    Cause you’re my

Feel good tonic when I’ve had a bad week
    You’re my loyal eyes when nobody notices me
    You’re my listening ear if I’m about to explode

You’re the first one I call with any happy news
    You have enough of my heart to cause a bruise
    I know I couldn’t stay mad at you for too long

Cause you know all of my secrets
    And you keep track of all of my weaknesses
    My insecurities, my fears and flaws
    My break down moments you’ve seen it all
    When I need someone
    To break my fall
    To help me stand tall
    I have you.

And when you text me late at night
    Asking for advice
    I realize how much you need me
    How you could never leave me
    Cause I’m your

Feel good tonic when you’ve had a bad week
    I’m your loyal eyes when nobody notices you
    I’m your listening ear if you’re about to explode

I’m the first one you call with any happy news
    I have enough of your heart to cause a bruise
    You know you couldn’t stay mad at me for too long

What are best friends for?

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Thanks so much for entering! :)

I say

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Winners graphics will be made soon :)

I say

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Second????? Thank you so much!!!!! This means the world to me, thank you!!!!!

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Thank you so much for the Fearless Award!:) it really means a lot to me, and here is my entry. I wrote it about six months ago and it's called My Front Door. Hope you like it:)

It's killing me to see us end and I can't speak
    Cause for the first time the future for us is looking bleak
    I bet you've got secrets that you never told me let's see
    You're not the only one who's been hurt before me

If I said I'm sorry tomorrow
    Would you let it go today?
    I'm wishing we had just been kept the same
    Remembering the words that we're saying
    If tomorrow I'm getting a no
    You know all the steps to my front door

I would've said no a little more if I'd know the truth
    Guessing, knowing too much is all you do
    Time is useless if I'm always gonna take the blame
    Sometimes regret come with forgetting a name

Would you let it go today?
    I'm wishing we had just been kept the same
    Remember the words that we're saying
    If tomorrow I'm getting a no

And you broke me and knowing me
    I let life go though
    I broke you and left you there
    Lying on the floor
    So I'm asking you this

If you said I'm sorry tomorrow
    I would let it go today
    I'm wishing we had just been kept the
    You could let it go today
    Oh oh oh oh oh oh
    But if by crazy twists of fate
    Tomorrow I'm getting a no
    This ain't either of our faults
    So we don't blame ourselves for our faults

Lovelovelove

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Fantastic entriessssssssssssssssss :)

I say

RE: SingingInTheCar's Songwriting Contest!

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Forget You (Songwriting contest entry- round 2)

Last time I saw you we were lying there
    Making promises we never kept
    Now that you’re gone, I feel so lost
    I feel forgotten, I feel left out

‘Coz people do change, just like you did
    And friendships do fade, just like ours did
    And I want you to know
    That I will never forget you

I thought we’d live on, even when apart
    I thought we’d never fade, but now I know
    It’s time to move on, time to forget
    I don’t think that it’s worth it anymore

And I want you to know

But I still believe, you’ll live on in my heart
    And I’ll remember you forever and ever and ever

And I want you to know

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 8:43 AM

YAYYYYY THANK YOU SO MUCH :) Speak Now Award

{TheEnchantedGarden made the manip in my avatar}

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Aaaaahhhh!! Thank you so much for the Red Award, you're awesome!
    -Kat

^thatlittleREDdress the great xoxo

^InTheRedDress (so amazing!!)[/sig

RE: SingingInTheCar's Songwriting Contest!

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I hope you really like this song I wrote it and put my heart into it its about my friend.

Would you?
    ?

Verse 1: I've known you for so long now, nothing
    really whent wrong but you made me feel like I
    needed to say this in a song. You and I are strong
    together, but were weak alone. I remember you started
    to drift away you were lead off by your other friends.
    I tend to forget you and all the songs we sang together.
    but there's only one thing I need to ask from you.

Chorus: Would you still remember me as your best friends?
    Would you blast our my secrets I told you long ago?...
    Would you tell someone that you don't know me? Would
    you remeber the songs that I wrote just fro you?.... Cause
    it's just us two girls and All I need is an anwser Would you??
    Would you... Would you...

Verse 2: It's been a long time since I've seen you. You
    didn't act like your old self. You got distracted It seems
    like I hardly knew you. You had a different dream, a different
    attitude about me. I never thought I'd see this day come. Cause
    I heard some hardly survive this part of a friendship. But before
    I leave you to go on your other path..

Chorus: Would you still remember me as your best friend?
    Would you blast out my secrets I told you long ago?
    Would you tell someone that you don't know me?
    Would you remember the songs I wrote just for you?
    Cause it's just us two girls and all I need is an anwser..
    Would you.... Would you...

Bridge: And yes I do confess I said some things I shouldn't of said, but before you were the only thing that was keeping me a float.

Chorus: Would you still remember me as your best friend?
    Would you blast out my secrets I told you long ago?
    Would you tell someone that you don't know me?
    Would you remember the songs I wrote just for you?
    Cause here we are now just us two girls in different
    parts of the world. and all I need is an anwser..
    Would you.... Would you...
    -FEARLESSALWAYS13

"Be yourself cause everyone else is taken"
    -- Taylor swift

Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Hi! Sorry it's taken me this long to post a song for the second round! I've really wanted to write a new song instead if just re-entering my old songs but I just couldn't do it for this round. This sound is the second song I've ever written and it's about that scared feeling you experience when you're drifting apart from your friend and it's aptly named drifting apart.

Drifting Apart

I can see between you and Me
    something isN't right
    and until i can put my finger On it
    i'm noT sleeping tonight
    don't you know the things you do
    why can't you see?
    don't you know the things you say
    are huRting me

plEase don't tell me
    we're drifting Apart
    cause if you leave you're taking my heart
    please Don't tell me we're drifting apart
    cause i'm not readY
    for a new starT

anOther Smile, Another laugh
    reassures me everYthing's fine
    but part of me just can't help
    but read between the lines
    and i know in my heart of hearts that you're Good
    but sOmething in between us
    right nOw is being misunderstooD

please don't tell me
    we're drifting apart
    please don't tell me we're drifting apart
    cause i'm not ready
    for a new start

whatever's Broken between us
    i want to put it back together again but
    if You don't lEnd me your heart
    then how could it mend

please don't tell me
    we're drifting apart
    please don't tell me we're drifting apart
    cause i'm not ready
    for a new start

You're beautiful every little piece love

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM

.....Bump....

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM

OMG I feel so stupid I forgot about my deadline. Let's get judging and results will be up SO soon! :)

I say

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM

ok cant wait!!!!
    -FEARLESSALWAYS13

-- Taylor swift

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Yay!

Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 2:20 AM

When will the results be up??
    -BeautifulTune13

-- Taylor swift

Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Yeah... so... results?

Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 6:20 PM

So...hey, I'm still stupid and about to post results :)

I say

Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I'm so sorry guys...there aren't enough entries for me to judge. I'll bump this contest way up high and get results for you ASAP!

I say