Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

{Angel}

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 2:43 PM

This is the first song I ever wrote. It's about someone you love more than anything in the world leaving you. You can listen to it and download it here.

Verse 1

You, with your tousled brown hair,
    With your eyes that would melt right into mine,
    With your breath that smelled like
    Peppermint and I
    Loved you more than the wide open sky

Chorus

But now, now I'm alone
    In a cold, empty world
    No strong arms to hold me tight,
    No smile to light up my soul
    You were my angel before you left
    Before the clouds rolled in
    And now I wait for an angel who
    will never appear again

Verse 2

Your eyes danced with mischief and love,
    Your laugh was the sun's bright ray
    You spun me around,
    Lifted my feet off the ground,
    You were the reason I woke up each day

Chorus

But now, now I'm alone
    In a cold, empty world
    will never appear again

Bridge

Through the peppermint kisses
    Through the laughter and tears
    Through the dreams and the wishes,
    The hopes and the fears
    Through the roses you left
    On my window each day -
    All the time you were here.

And my angel is gone
    Flown far away
    And I am left here

Chorus

Now, now I'm alone
    In a cold, empty world
    will never appear again

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

{Whispers}

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM

This song is about Renesmee and Jacob from Breaking Dawn. Renesmee is a young half-vampire who can show other what she's thinking just by touching their cheek. Jacob is a werewolf. They're supposed to be mortal enemies, but that doesn't exactly work out. You can listen to it and download it here.

Verse 1

Whispers of love
    Whispers of hope
    Whispers of silent dreaming
    Put your hand to my cheek, baby girl
    And show me what you see...

Chorus

Come, come with me to a clearing far away
    Where a young girl catches the first flake of snow
    Come, come with me, where a wolf stands guard
    And the world is at peace just for now

Verse 2

Whispers of cheer
    Whispers of joy
    Whispers of innocent wonder
    Put your hand to my cheek, baby girl
    And show me what you see...

Chorus

Bridge

Just a girl and a wolf,
    So different, and yet the same
    A beautiful magical love -
    But how long can they play this treacherous game?

Chorus

{Just Another Fantasy}

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 10:36 PM

This song is about being hurt by someone you love and promising yourself you'll never love again. Until that one guy comes along and you find yourself falling for him - and being hurt yet again. You can listen to it and download it here.

Verse 1

I was a fragile flower
    He was a killer weed
    Left me gasping for air till you came along
    And I got lost in your eyes
    It was like a dream
    Until I realized you
    Weren't what you seemed

Chorus

And here you are
    Tearing me apart
    And nobody else can hear my cries
    And there I was thinking love existed
    And someone was out there waiting for me
    But it turns out I was wrong and true love's
    Just another fantasy

Verse 2

I was picking up the pieces
    Of my broken heart
    Taped them back together
    But you ripped them apart again, again

Chorus

And here you are
    Tearing me apart
    Just another fantasy

Bridge

And I believed you when you said you loved me
    I believed you when you said you cared
    And I was healing until you hurt me
    And now I'm running scared again

Chorus

And here you are
    Tearing me apart
    Just another fantasy

Re: Topaz's Songbook

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Awesome songs! :) Do they have a tune or a beat or something already? (Okay, I forgot what that was called again :D)

- Me

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:10 PM

TaylorThirteen - Thank you so much!! :D They do have a tune (yup, that's what it's called )- one of these days I'll record them and post them over here. I'm so glad you like them! :)

Me | Tanyaxoh

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 12:29 AM

YAYYYY!!! Go you!!! :D

^Primafacie

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Jemima - Aw, you're always so supportive. Love ya!

Me | Tanyaxoh

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 7:55 AM

You are seriously going to be the next Taylor!!!

*Suggestion* Maybe add some guitar or piano to the recordings? IDK but it always sounds better then!!!

^Click^

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Your songs are beautiful

{Hello}

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I wrote this song for my parents' anniversary. It's the story of how they met. Apparently, what happened is my mom was rushing, late for a meeting. My dad - a friend of a friend of a business colleague - called her to ask about a business deal. And after that... it was love at first "Hello." You can listen to it and download it here.

Verse 1

You slept in,
    Rushing out the door,
    Gulp down your coffee,
    Just need a little more time,
    Where are those keys?
    You're searching through your pockets -
    And then the phone rings

Pre-Chorus

Irritated, simply stated, he's going to make you late,
    Just another phone call from a random guy

Chorus

And he says "hello,"
    And suddenly the world stops turning
    "Hello,"
    And suddenly you're seeing stars
    "Hello,"
    And suddenly
    All that matters is this single voice:
    "Hello."

Verse 2

Phone number scribbled
    On a crumpled up tissue,
    Hands shaking, hoping you
    Didn't get it wrong
    Ring, ring, hurry up,
    Why won't she answer?
    What's taking her so long?

Pre-Chorus

Irritated, simply stated, she's going to make you late,
    And then she finally picks up that phone

Chorus

And she says "hello,"
    "Hello,"
    "Hello,"
    And suddenly
    All that matters is this single voice:
    "Hello."

Bridge

And they say there's no such thing
    As love at first sight,
    But I just have to wonder
    If true love can span the distance of
    "Hello..."

Chorus

"Hello,"
    "Hello,"
    "Hello,"
    And suddenly
    All that matters is this single voice...

Alternate Chorus

"Hello,"
    And suddenly the world stops spinning
    "Hello,"
    And suddenly your breath is short,
    "Hello,"
    Your priorities are one notch down
    And suddenly there's room at the top for this single voice:
    "Hello."

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 8:22 AM

California Swiftie wrote:
    You are seriously going to be the next Taylor!!!

*Suggestion* Maybe add some guitar or piano to the recordings? IDK but it always sounds better then!!!

^Click^

TheFlawless wrote:
    Your songs are beautiful

OH MY SWIFT!! Thank you SOSOSOSO much!!! Really, you have no idea how much that means to me. You are so amazingly nice and supportive!

California Swiftie: Yes! I'm going to do that, I have a friend helping me figure out guitar chords! And thank you again for your lovely comment! :D

Me | Tanyaxoh

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 4:49 AM

your songs are so good! :) i cant get my voice that high XP

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:24 AM

enchanted36 wrote:
    your songs are so good! :) i cant get my voice that high XP

Thank you!! :D And it is a bit of a stretch for me because I'm an alto, but I manage! x)

Me | Tanyaxoh

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 6:10 AM

Hello! :) Awesome songs! I just heard the songs from your SoundCloud profile, and they are really cool!!!! YOU HAVE AN AWESOME BRAIN, SERIOUSLY!!!!!! Nice voice!

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 6:16 AM

I have a piece of a song to haha:
    (I'm just trying, i know this sucks :D)

I remember the snow flakes falling down from the sky ,
    I remember the white mountains , oh so high,
    I remember us laughing under the falling snow ,
    I remember it like it's so short ago.

In love with the most cutest , prettiest , sweetest and nicest boy in the world

RE: Re: Topaz's Songbook

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 6:33 AM

TaylorThirteen wrote:
    Hello! :) Awesome songs! I just heard the songs from your SoundCloud profile, and they are really cool!!!! YOU HAVE AN AWESOME BRAIN, SERIOUSLY!!!!!! Nice voice!

Aw, thank you so much Renma! :D I love singing!

SwiftyyYke wrote:
    I have a piece of a song to haha:
    (I'm just trying, i know this sucks :D)

I remember the snow flakes falling down from the sky ,
    I remember the white mountains , oh so high,
    I remember us laughing under the falling snow ,
    I remember it like it's so short ago.

In love with the most cutest , prettiest , sweetest and nicest boy in the world

Hey, it's not bad! :D Do you write songs? If not you should start, it's really fun! :)

Me | Tanyaxoh

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Long Handwritten Note wrote:

This is the first song I ever wrote, and it's about someone you love leaving you. You can listen to it and download it here.

Verse 1

You, with your tousled brown hair,
    With your eyes that would melt right into mine,
    With your breath that smelled like
    Peppermint and I
    Loved you more than the wide open sky

Chorus

But now, now I'm alone
    In a cold, empty world
    will never appear again

Verse 2

Your eyes danced with mischief and love,
    Your laugh was the sun's bright ray
    You spun me around,
    Lifted my feet off the ground,
    You were the reason I woke up each day

Chorus

But now, now I'm alone
    In a cold, empty world
    will never appear again

Bridge

Through the peppermint kisses
    Through the laughter and tears
    Through the dreams and the wishes,
    The hopes and the fears
    Through the roses you left
    On my window each day -
    All the time you were here.

And my angel is gone
    Flown far away
    And I am left here

Chorus

Now, now I'm alone
    In a cold, empty world
    will never appear again

this is so sweet i like the Quote is good
    I wait for an angel who be watching over me
    and then the angel say this day be ok

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:18 PM

^Thank you! :)

Me | Tanyaxoh

Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Your songs are beautiful! And I completely love the graphics for each song, that's such a cool idea! I wish I knew how to make graphics haha :)

Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Gorgeous songs.