Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: Four Blue Eyes Songwriting Contest!

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Everytime I click for results in past rounds, it only refreshes the page. What do I do?

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Four Blue Eyes Songwriting Contest!

Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Round 3:

Summer Day

Verse 1:
    As I walked through the door
    I felt the gentle, autumn breeze
    And I couldn't help but wish that
    You were there with me and
    I walk down my driveway
    Watching the leaves fall from their trees
    While you're miles and miles away
    Too far to save me

This crisp, autumn air feels so different
    From the last days of summer that we shared
    Do you remember how it felt when we were together?
    'Cause I do

Pre-Chorus:
    Thinking of what it would really feel like
    If you were really here to hold me

Chorus 1:
    On the first day
    You turned around and said, "Hey"
    And I forgot your name
    And you won't let that go
    It's just my mind went blank
    Everything melted away
    I couldn't find the right words to say
    On that summer day

Verse 2:
    You not next to me feels like
    A ring that's missing on your finger
    After you're so use to it being there
    And I'm getting so frustrated because
    Life is making things so complicated
    We get so close and before you know it
    There it go-o-o-oes

Pre-Chorus:
    Thinking it hurts you and me more than it did
    The moment when I had to leave and

Chorus 2:
    On the second day
    You came up to me
    And finally asked
    And I'll never let that go
    My mind went blank
    Everything had melted away
    I didn't know what to say
    On that summer day

Bridge:
    And you're still everything I wanted
    And I still need you like I did then and

Chorus 3:
    On the last day
    You looked at me and
    I said, "Don't forget about me"
    I didn't want to let you go
    My mind was blank
    There was nothing I could say
    As I was walking away
    On that summer day

Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM

staybeautiful137 wrote:
    Everytime I click for results in past rounds, it only refreshes the page. What do I do?

Anyone?

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 3:20 AM

staybeautiful137 wrote:
    staybeautiful137 wrote:

Anyone?

I'm sorry, I don't know! Let me try them out myself and I'll see...

My website! I would be SO wonderstruck if you clicked here!!!

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 3:22 AM

FearlessGirlWithAGuitar wrote:
    staybeautiful137 wrote:
    staybeautiful137 wrote:

Anyone?

I'm sorry, I don't know! Let me try them out myself and I'll see...

Yes, it does that for me too! I think it's because they're changing the forums a bit so the old links no longer apply... I think I'll have to repost the results maybe? I'll do it soon :)

Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 1:04 PM

This is a song about this country style relationship in this book I'm reading. It was so cute so I wrote a song about it!
    It's not my best song, but it fits!

Summer Snow

[Verse 1]
    We were never meant to get along,
    People that weren't supposed to click,
    Yet now we're running wild,
    Building this thing up brick by brick

[Verse 2]
    We never should've got along,
    Nothing in common really,
    Not something that should've happened,
    Yet somehow it worked,

[Chorus]
    We danced like autumn leaves,
    The world was cold like winter ice,
    The summer sun was our partner,
    And for music we had spring breeze
    Yet somehow it worked,
    Yeah, In many ways,
    We were like summer snow,

[Verse 3]
    It was like I had never loved before
    I'd never known freedom like this,
    Or country free love like sun,
    But now I just want more

[Chorus]
    Yet somehow it worked,
    Yeah, In many ways,

[Bridge]
    One last kiss, Then catch your flight,
    You're off again, But baby, remember me
    Your country girl, remember when,
    We danced like autumn leaves, Bright red tumbling down,
    We didn't care about the heartless world,
    All it was, was the sun for a partner,
    And spring breeze instead of singers words,

[Guitar]

Summer Snow, Summer Snow,
    Two things that somehow go...

[Chorus]
    Yet somehow it worked,
    Yeah, In many ways,

Both Made By Me

Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I just realized that the song I entered doesn't have anything to do with seasons ... can I change it ?? if can then PM me

Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I am entering round 3

Wonderstruck

Verse 1: The leaves are falling, Shouting out and calling her name.
    The moment she gets off the drama club,
    the beautiful autum colors catch her brown eyes.
    No more sighs or cries my fears are now screaming for help.

Pre chorus: I've entered my little old place.

Chorus: Naming all the colors as she passes by,
    no one can lie, let alone sigh.
    She dreams about the magic within
    the air. Her Enchanted forest she
    can be who she wants. No one can she
    that she still beleives in fantasys Oh! Shes Wonderstruck.

Verse 2: Feeling everything as
    She just passed by the lockers,
    She's got a heart for the beautiful
    stage. As she's stuck in this cage,
    thinking about being on the outside,
    finding another crazy ride.

Chorus: Cause She's naming all the
    colors as she passes by no one can lie let alone
    sigh. She dreams about the magic within
    the air. Her Enchanted forest she can
    be who she wants.No one can she that
    she still beleives in fantasys Oh! Shes Wonderstruck.

Bridge: Don't ever try to change her ways, Cause she's got a goal, She pictures it to be beautiful, flawless, and just magical.

Chorus: Cause She's naming all the colors
    as she passes by no one can lie let alone
    sigh. She dreams about the magic within
    the air. Her Enchanted forest she can be
    who she wants.No one can she that she
    still beleives in fantasys Oh! Shes Wonderstruck.

Wonderstruck.. Magical... Wonderstruck....

Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 3:14 PM

My entry for round 3!
    you can listen to it right here! :D

Summer Night Firefly

In the middle of a summer night
    I’m awake and alone
    wishing you were by my side
    right here in my home
    like a firefly
    firefly

I can’t sleep, can’t focus
    I could really use you
    take me by surprise
    take me somewhere new
    where it’d be just the two of us
    every minute looking into your eyes

In the middle of a summer night
    take me away
    take me somewhere we can fly
    until the middle of the day
    fly firefly
    firefly

I don’t wanna be stuck here
    I need to get away
    to be somewhere with someone special
    somewhere we could lay
    and neither one of us would tear
    you’d just call me precious

Firefly please fly
    fly into my night
    I’ll be your butterfly
    and we’ll fly away
    until the summer day

Made by me! :D

Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM

here's my entry :)
    please pm me when the results are up

"I Should Have Known"

i remember that Summer day
    the day when we first met
    you put your eyes on me
    i put my eyes on you
    and deep down inside i knew
    that this was a game
    and i was going to lose

Chorus

i remember what you said to me
    i remember what you did with her
    how could i be so blind?
    i should have known

'cause you're not the sweet guy
    that i once knew
    but the worst part of all this is
    i'm still in love with you

i wish i could go back
    back to that very first day
    because for you
    this was all a game
    this was just a game

Chorus
    and i remember what you said to me
    how could i be so blind?
    i should have known

that i once knew
    but the worst part of all this is
    i'm still in love with you

but it's over, this is the end
    before you go
    do me a favor
    pretend that we never met

'cause there's no going back
    to that Summer day
    so go ahead and
    just get on your way

Chorus
    'cause i remember what you said to me
    how could i be so blind?
    i should have known

that i once knew
    and the best part of all this is
    i'm finally over you.

Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM

For Round 3. I don't know if this is good enough for the theme, but here is my song.

Moonlight River Dance

Verse 1
    We were both young teenagers on that late summer July night
    I was busy dancing to the beat of Alan Jackson singing about the
    Country boys
    With my friends
    You were busy with your own group, but when we both gazed into each other's eyes
    It was love at first sight

Verse 2
    We were both just a little bit too excited
    Square dancing with my friends, when a slow song came on
    You walked purposely to me and asked me for a dance
    I answered swiftly grabbing your hand and pulled you in for a tight dance
    On the floor

Pre-Chorus
    We moved as we danced, cheeck-to-cheek
    I could feel everyone's eyes on us as we danced away from the barnfest
    We moved slowly to the river where the moonlight was dancing in it
    And as the music creshedowed to a finale
    A song popped into my head and I started to sing to the lyrics i made up

Chorus
    Dancing together, feels like I'm Juliet to your Romeo
    It's so fairy tale summer picture-perfect right
    Who wouldn't want to dance with someone just as handsome as you?
    Who wouldn't want a memorable evening like this?
    The stars are shining so brightly, making it look as if their the audience
    Watching over us like an angel
    And the moonlight is the spotlight as we continue to play the dance

When we part the dance and another song comes on
    I'll never forget my dance with you
    I'll never forget the wonderful, wonderstruck-me, enchanted, magical
    Moonlight River Dance

Verse 1
    We were just so attached to each other after the dance
    The following day, you contacted me for a date
    I accepted like a wonderstruck girl who do
    Met you on the beach and we cooked up a entire feast of
    Burgers for us and drinking ice-cold lemonade in the setting sun
    So picuresque, making me feel like the luckiest girl in the world

Verse 2
    We finish up the dinner and started to roast marshmellows over the open bonfire
    Sitting together, with our sticks held over the glowing orange-yellow flames, on a dried-out
    Piece of wood
    You talk to me about your life and your dreams, telling me about what you want in life
    I tell you mine and we start discussing holiday's
    And we're laughing at the all the memories we've had with our family's

Pre-Chorus
    All of the sudden, when we finish up our toasted marshmellows
    You stand up and offer me your hand
    I grab it, and we start to dance
    A song starts to play in my head and I hum it
    And start to sing it

Repeat Chorus

Bridge
    Summer glory hot dog days are long gone
    School has come and now September is here
    But the magical, wondestruck-me, enchanted romance
    Of the summer days, that summer night we met
    I forgot to tell you one thing, when you went away back to your year-round home
    I'm going to miss you, boy,
    And I love you

Chorus
    But there's one thing I won't forget this summer
    Dancing together, made me feel like I'm Juliet to your Romeo
    It's so fairy tale summer picture-perfect right
    Who wouldn't want to dance with someone just as handsome as you?
    Who wouldn't want a memorable evening like this?
    The stars shone so brightly, making it look as if their the audience
    They watched over us like an angel
    And the moonlight was the spotlight as we continued to play the dance

When we part the dance and another song comes on
    I'll never forget my dance with you
    I'll never forget the wonderful, wonderstruck-me, enchanted, magical
    Moonlight River Dance

Out-tro
    Next summer rolled around and I saw you at the same barnfest
    I walked up to you purposoly and asked, "don't you remember the moonlight river dance?"
    And you say "yes, I do"
    You pull me in and we dance back to the river, where the moonlight is lit and so are the stars
    Above us

Sitting here with you, we're 50 years old
    And I've never forgot the moonlight river dance

Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 5:01 AM

Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 2:10 AM

When is the result going to be up ???

Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I wish I could enter but I'm no good at songwriting.

Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Please watch and pass it on! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZuOpjxt0gA What goes around comes around...

Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 12:07 AM

That Winter Day

I was sitting all along drinking hot coco
    I see you walk to me with that perfect stride
    Shyly turn away but I know your still looking
    Without saying a word you flash a charming smile
    Passing a folded letter that reads

‘I don’t know you but I saw you from across the street
    I can’t have you sitting but your lonesome on this frosty winter day
    Come with me and I promise it won’t be a day you’ll forget’

You take me iceskating in the park
    Each time I fall you don’t let me down
    With necks wrapped in knitted scarves
    Hands disguised by woollen mittens
    You hold me tight and I can see a hundred more winters

I see us under quilted blankets next to the fire
    From that day at the café I never imagined to fall for a stranger
    I went and it wasn’t a day I forget that’s for sure

Spring and summer and autumn too rooled on by
    But winters have never been the same
    I don’t drink hot coco by my lonesome no more
    Cause I have you to sit with and it doesn’t get any better
    Every winter for the past 67 years we sit by the fireplace
    And under quilted blankets staring at the snow flakes fall
    Time froze and I don’t want it to start again

The letter was only the first page to the story of us
    Little did we know that we would be 67 years together
    And it most certainly wasn’t a day to forget

[url=http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/bubblesxxx13/tumblr_mgp5dzSu2z1r1rsw8o1_500_zp]http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/bubblesxxx13/tumblr_mgp5dzSu2z1r1rsw8o1_500_zp[/url][/signature]

Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Fall Fate

Leaves fall to the ground,
    Little crushing sounds.
    The leaf color changes everyday,

What I say? What do I saaay?

Chorus

All the colors coming down,
    All the leaves gone in a sound.
    Everything is so, so bright,
    Everything is extremely sweet.

Pumpkin bread, hot cocoa,
    Going out in my nice, warm coat.
    Everything is beautiful,
    Everything is wonderful.
    Muffins, Pumpkins, everything,
    even spices, your teeth decay.

What I say? What I say?

Repeat Chorus

Then later the scariest part comes,
    all in their creepy costumes.
    making me fall apart with every glance at me
    But then I learn its all a fake
    And then it hit me
    I should make scary costume scarier then all of tho oh oh oh ose

What I say? What I say?

Everything is just perfect
    Nothing gonna stand in my way
    Especially not on such a perfect day

Fall is gone and winters coming in
    nothing better then always sleeping in

END

Its all I got lol. Hope its ok :)

Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM

We read all of your songs they were all AMAZING! Due to loads of work and stuff we have decided not to run this contest anymore for a little while, I hope it's okay but we're not going to judge this round. Well done and sorry! xxxxxxx

Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Have the results been posted yet? : )
    "The way you walk, way you talk, way you say my name. It's beautiful, wonderful, don't you EVER change!"
    [url=http://25.media.tumblr.com/34273eb81855d0dfb0b3aa8d921aa7d1/tumblr_mftvymO]http://25.media.tumblr.com/34273eb81855d0dfb0b3aa8d921aa7d1/tumblr_mftvymO[/url][/signature]

Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Forever Goodbye

Verse 1:
    After all you've put me through
    you think you can still pull me to you
    but I don't want to go there anymore
    so know I'm shutting the door
    if you just hadn't done that to me
    I wouldn't have to leave you to become free

Chorus:
    I know I have to leave this time