1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

OMG SHOCKED. NEED TO READ. VERY IMPORTANT.

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM

If you all understand the risks, I'm sorry for wasting your time, but I found it very distressing, and it was a shock to me.

ATTENTION SONGWRITERS, GRAPHIC ARTISTS, WRITERS, EVERYONE!!!

I don't know if you're aware of this, my dad just showed me, I had no idea.

When you post a song, graphic, story, anything, the people that run taylorswift.com OWN it.

So all those songs you post in a songbook or songwritingcompetition? they now OWN it.
It means you can use it still, but they can too.
They could sell our Christmas songs to Coca Cola for the Christmas Coke jingle!
(just an example)

They can do anything they want with it.

Sell it to an artist, produce it as their own.

They could give your songs away and give no credit to you at all.
Same with your graphics, stories, everything you do on this website becomes theirs.

Just a warning, in case you're like me, and either don't read the T&C, or you don't understand it cuz they used big words.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: OMG SHOCKED. NEED TO READ. VERY IMPORTANT.

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM

thank you for posting this! i had no idea
    follow your dreams and be different every day:)
    be like a book ,open up and enjoy
    and always smile ,laugh,dream and love
    smiles
    mia

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM

WHAT!!! I POSTED LIKE, 3 SONGS ON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've gone RED RED RED RED RED RED RED RED forever!

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM

OMGOMGOMG, thank you SO much for posting this!
    I'm gonna delete my songbook now, I was just about to post more songs on it!

^Caitlin :)

RE: OMG SHOCKED. NEED TO READ. VERY IMPORTANT.

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

OMG really?!
    I make graphics, but I always but my name on them,

*Made by Me*

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!?!?!?!?!
    can u post a screenshot of where it says that(i believe you but i wanna see it for myself too so i can decide if i wanna delete my graphic shop

Me, TanyaxOh, Heather

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:49 PM

They can but they won't. sites have to post things like that most sites just say that but never actually do anything, I really can not see the mods of tc doing that. I mean they work for Taylor. They are still 100% your songs.

Follow @FrontRowNews on twitter (https://twitter.com/FrontRowNews) They do amzaing give away's. There current give away is 3 RED photo books if they reach 15000 followers by new years and 5 wonderstruck bottles when ever they reach it.

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:50 PM

What? Really?!
    Thank you for posting this!!!

Made by the wonderful Sprinkle PIe Taco Moo!

Cheese

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Courtz wrote:
    They can but they won't. sites have to post things like that most sites just say that but never actually do anything, I really can not see the mods of tc doing that. I mean they work for Taylor. They are still 100% your songs.

Follow @FrontRowNews on twitter (https://twitter.com/FrontRowNews) They do amzaing give away's. There current give away is 3 RED photo books if they reach 15000 followers by new years and 5 wonderstruck bottles when ever they reach it.

Good point. The mods here wouldn't do this to us...

Cheese

RE: OMG SHOCKED. NEED TO READ. VERY IMPORTANT.

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I am messaging the mods
    Credit goes to: Screaminglonglive(she rocks)

Credit goes to: Maci

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 11:00 PM

WHAT!!! s= I'm no longer posting my songs on here. No nope.

Thanks Daya for the beautiful signature!!! [=

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Berrysis wrote:
    Courtz wrote:

Good point. The mods here wouldn't do this to us...

Cheese

They have that there to cover there but.

Imagine one day someone posts a song and a mod likes it and asks if they can use it for something like in a youtube video and the person that wrote it says yes. Now Imagine the mod gets it done and posted and the user turns around and starts saying I didn't say you can use it and starts threatening legal action which the writer planned to do from the start. The mods ass is now covered by that part of the terms and conditions. Its the same as posting photos to facebook and twitter and instagram and tumblr once posted on there the site "owns" them. Sites owners and runners have to post things that will cover there ass from people who are out to get them in trouble.

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 11:05 PM

How many of you people that have a song book also put them up on youtube or sound cloud or other places?

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM

all websites say this...fb, twitter, instagram, and tc....they all say that to cover there selfs...its not like they are going to think something special of one person and sell there song or picture or anything...so I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM

FearlesslySpeakNow13 wrote:
    all websites say this...fb, twitter, instagram, and tc....they all say that to cover there selfs...its not like they are going to think something special of one person and sell there song or picture or anything...so I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Speaking words of wisdom

Solution

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Lets all contact the Moderators send them the link. Well sort this out!
    Credit goes to: Screaminglonglive(she rocks)

Credit goes to: Maci

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Now I'm nervous.....

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Lost In Translation wrote:
    Now I'm nervous.....

It is literally just to cover themself. They honor the fact they are yours.

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM

thank you for the heads up but where do it actually say that?!
    Love, Love, Love,
    -SparksFly4Taylor 13 :)

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I wouldn't worry to much about it...TC has been up and running for a while now...years and years and this far they haven't sold your song...so I dont think they will...trust me...