1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Pitch Perfect- cup song!

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 5:41 PM

hey everyone! ok so have any of you seen that movie pitch perfect?? I thought it was absolutely amazing!! lol:)
there is this part where Becca tries out for the "Barden Bella's", and I learned the lyrics and how to do the cup thingy!! Here are the lyrics and how to do the cups!

~Lyrics~
I got my ticket for the long way 'round
Two bottle 'a whiskey for the way
And I sure would like some sweet company
And I'm leavin' tomorrow, what do yah say??

When I'm gone
When I'm gone
Your gonna miss me when I'm gone.
Your gonna miss me by my hair, your gonna miss me everywhere oh
your gonna miss me when I'm gone.

I've got my ticket for the long way 'round
the one with the prettiest of views
It's got mountains, it's got rivers, it's got sights to give you shivers but I sure would be prettier with you.

When I'm gone
When I'm gone
Your gonna miss me when I'm gon
Your gonna miss me by my walk, you gonna miss me be my talk oh
Your gonna muss me when I'm gone!

CUP:
~set the cup in front of you, top down
~clap 2x
~tap the cup (bottom should be on top) 3x
~clap 1x
~pick up the cup and set it down
~clap 1x
~pick up the cup and have the opening hit the hand you aren't holding the cup with
~hit the bottom of the cup on the ground
~hit your hand on the ground(cup still in the air)
~set the cup down bottom up(like you began)
~repeat!

I hope that this helped! To see if you are doing the cup correctly, look at this clip from the movie!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcl_FkA0qJA

please comment to let me know if you are able to play it now!!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Pitch Perfect- cup song!

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I love that movie! and especially that part!
    Emily_Rose

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I just watched that movie 2day and i lovelovel9velove it!

[url=http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii555/seanigurl/stay_zpse3ca885f.jpg]http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii555/seanigurl/stay_zpse3ca885f.jpg[/url][/signature]

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 4:06 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I learned it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #Epic

[url=http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii555/seanigurl/stay_zpse3ca885f.jpg]http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii555/seanigurl/stay_zpse3ca885f.jpg[/url][/signature]

RE: Pitch Perfect- cup song!

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM

So I learner this in school today. It's amazing. I just needed the lyrics to be it complete! I know the whole thing! Thanks (:
    -Ramburtle

Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 5:08 AM

still atached to this wonderful movie :)
    fearless_marla

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM

OH MY SWIFT THANK YOU!!!!!!! (I wrote this while singing it;D)
    Hey you called me up again just to break me like a promise
    So casually cruel in the name of being honest
    I'm a crumbled up piece of paper lying here
    Cause I remember it all all all too well.
    [url=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ch2imDEFdBw/T8G-kE5XiUI/AAAAA]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ch2imDEFdBw/T8G-kE5XiUI/AAAAA[/url][/signature]

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 4:47 PM

i love Pitch Perfect! The cup song is my favorite in the soundtrack.

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Ohhhh...so that's where everyone at my school learned it.
    I learned the cup thing from Glee when they did that same thing to It's Time, but I knew there was no big Gleeks in my grade so I was wondering why those cups were going all lunchtime.

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Love this movie! Love Fat Amy!! So many classic one liners!!
    Anyone seen Les Misérables!?!? Incredible!!

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I love that movie and I taught myself the cup song and I'm soooo proud :)
    Don't you worry your pretty little mind...cuz I really do love you :)

Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 5:06 PM

OMS I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR INSTRUCTIONS AND LYRICS FOR FOREVER! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

both by me

Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I'm gonna record myself doing this, long or short version?
    Twitter: @marybethmcnally
    Instagram: marybethxo13
    Kik: marybethmcnally13
    WattPad: hiddentalent14
    Tumblr: but-im-a-squish

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 7:01 AM

I am really try to learn the cup song movement...0.T
    Music Lyrics

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 7:04 AM

One of the best movies ever lol!!! Fat amy is my favorite!!!!!! Love this song too!!!!!!!
    1. me 2. me avi: me

visit my graphic shop? Holly's graphic shoppe!

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 7:05 AM

OMS ur amazing!!!!!!!
    I said literally yesterday to my friend that I wanted to learn to do it!
    Thanks!

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Lol just realized that my art teacher already taught us how to do the cup!!!! Didnt know it was the same thing!!!!!! Awesome!!!!! I can do this in like record time!
    1. me 2. me avi: me

visit my graphic shop? Holly's graphic shoppe!

Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Best movie ever Fat Amy is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 3:29 AM

umm hay im new to this site and umm i love you tay tay but thats not the whole song

Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 3:31 AM

I got my ticket for the long way 'round
    Two bottle whiskey for the way
    And I sure would like some sweet company
    And I'm leaving tomorrow, what-do-ya say?

When I'm gone
    When I'm gone
    You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
    You're gonna miss me by my hair
    You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh
    You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

I've got my ticket for the long way 'round
    The one with the prettiest view
    It's got mountains, it's got rivers,
    It's got woods that give you shivers
    But it sure would be prettier with you

When I'm gone