1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Just another songwriting contest...

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Well hello! I love songwriting contests and thought I'd start one.

General Rules

1. Keep it appropriate
    No more than two entries per person
    Only one co write per person. (Even if it's with two different people)
    Keep to the theme
    Follow the theme rules
    HAVE FUN!

How this is going to work:
I'm going to name a Taylor song. That is the "theme". Say it's... Fifteen. There will also be a lyric to include. Say it's, You take a deep breath as you walk through the doors. Then you write your song.

Awards:
I will have:
  1. Grand Winner: that person is the overall winner
    Cold As You: This award will go to the person who has the best lyric.
    Love Story: This will go to the person with the best storyline.
    Loving him was RED: This award will go to the person who stays truest to the theme.
    Tim McGraw: This award will go to the best co-write. This award will not be given every round.
    Taylor Swift: This award will be given to the fourth best song at the end of the contest.
    Fearless: This award will be given to the third best song at the end of the contest.
    Speak Now: This award will be given to the second best song at the end of the contest.
    Red: This award will be given to the best overall song at the end of the contest.

Prizes
Every winner will receive a special text graphic. The Grand WInner and all of the overall winners will receive a custom graphic.

Let's get this thing started!

Round One of Five!:

Start: December 30
End: January 6, year of The Swift
Theme: Today Was A Fairy Tale
Lyric To Include:: Nobody's perfect, but today you were.

Have fun!!!!

-Topaz
~Swiftie#1

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Just another songwriting contest...

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Come on everyone!

-Topaz
    ~Swiftie#1

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 10:42 AM

It's a hard theme for me, but I'll try!

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 10:45 AM

gosh im trying to join 2 songwriting contests...i'll try to give it my best shot :)

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Thanks guys!

-Topaz
    ~Swiftie#1

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Anyone?...

-Topaz
    ~Swiftie#1

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Where do i have to send it to?

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Just post it here.

-Topaz
    ~Swiftie#1

RE: Just another songwriting contest...

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 2:42 AM

This is my first time entering a songwriting contest. The theme was a bit hard, but I did my best. It's called 'Perfect'.

Sometimes I wake up
    And think the grass is greener somewhere else
    Sometimes I panic
    And think that things just can't get any worse
    Sometimes I think back
    And wish I could just start from the beginning again

Sometimes my life
    Just doesn't go the way I hoped it would
    Sometimes I cry
    And wish I could just fly away from here
    But then I realise that some things just aren't worth it
    And the only thing that matters now is us

'Coz today was a perfect day
    And there was nothing on my mind except you and I
    And all my worries disappeared, we were lying there
    There is nothing now, that can pull us apart

Sometimes I think
    And realise I've always got it wrong
    Sometimes it rains
    But now these things will never being me down
    Sometimes I look at you and wonder how I ever lived
    Without you in my life

And now I know
    That things will always change but I don't mind
    When we're together
    Nothing seems to matter anymore
    This is our song
    Nobody is perfect, but today you were

All my worries disappeared, we were lying there

Today was a perfect day
    Everything has changed, we're flying above the clouds
    We'll never fall, as long as we're together
    You're the only thing I care about so please don't go

You looked at me, I looked at you
    And from that moment on, I think we both knew
    I'm your Juliet, You're my Romeo
    And we will never let go

All my worries disappeared, we were lying there

Today was a perfect day
    Everything has changed, we're flying above the clouds
    We'll never fall, as long as we're together
    You're the only thing I care about so please don't go

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Entering soon! Just have to write my song!

Me | Tanyaxoh

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 7:50 AM

My entry! Please PM me when the results are up and if I win anything, can I have Topaz and not Beautiful Tragedy on the winners' graphic? Thanks! :) Oh, and it's called Perfect.

Verse 1

Today was like one of those stories
    Where the prince and the princess
    Fall in love
    And your eyes were shining oh so bright
    Like those twinkling stars high above us

Pre-Chorus

And I had almost forgotten the ending
    When right then and there you reminded me
    That prince and that princess lived happily ever after
    And a kiss was the true remedy

Chorus

And they say nobody’s perfect
    But I have to beg to differ
    Because maybe nobody else is perfect
    But darling, today you were

Verse 2

And today was like one of those daydreams
    I had before you came along
    Replaced my dreaming with reality
    So beautiful and so strong

Pre-Chorus

And I had almost forgotten the ending
    When right then and there you reminded me
    At the end of all my daydreams
    Was a kiss that sent my heart flying free

Chorus

Bridge

And you were standing there,
    Right next to me,
    And both of us could feel the
    electricity
    And it was magical, beautiful, wonderful
    It was perfect

Chorus

Me | Tanyaxoh

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Thanks to both of you!!!

-Topaz
    ~Swiftie#1

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Hi!!:) here's my entry, it's called "Gold". I just wrote it a day ago, so it's not perfect, sorry. Here it is:

And you don't know it but
    Today you said my name/for the first time all week
    You're a contradicting force/ the force is bittersweet
    You require so much effort/ it's a wonder that I sleep
    The nights when I'm not worrying/ are you thinking of me?

But you love so perfect
    And your love ain't me
    And I'd fall but I don't even know where the tunnel ends

You should know
    Oh you should know
    You're gold
    You're gold

And you don't know this but
    I love it when you say hello/ even where you're just passing by
    I love it when you smile at me/ even though its all lies
    I love it when I told you so is all you even say
    And I love it how you don't know/ you're always in my way

But you're so perfect and I
    Hope you noticed me today
    And I'd fall but I don't even know where the light begins

And you should know
    Oh you should know
    You're gold
    You're gold

And lyrics burn bright
    Not that you'd care
    I guess I'm second guessing for a
    Second chance
    Not that I'd let myself
    Depend on you
    But maybe we could pretend
    That we were still new

And you should know
    Oh you should know
    You should know
    How don't you know
    You're gold
    You're gold
    You burn so bright
    And you leave behind
    Everything but you
    You're gold

Lovelovelove

Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Thank's!! Keep entering because I have extended the contest to the 12th.

-Topaz
    ~Swiftie#1

Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Would it be okay if I entered the next round and jump into the competition?

Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 2:56 PM

For Round 1

The Perfect Day

Verse 1
    I'm sitting in blue Mustang with the top down, windows down, and Taylor Swift's music burning loud
    Oh, oh
    Love Story playing in the background and all I can do is just sing along
    You give me a look that says "gosh, your such a hopeless romantic"
    I just smile at you, my heart pitter patters against my chest
    The way your smile just lights up your face
    I'm so happy we're together
    Oh, oh

Verse 2
    Driving along the country backroads, Love Story fades away to Brad Paisley
    Oh, oh
    When you say my name, I hear the tinge of your Polish accent
    Making me fall totally in love with you again, again, and again
    Oh, oh

Pre-chorus
    I drive and park my car at the beach
    We hop out and take our chairs, umbrella, down the boardwalk
    Your holding my hand and all I can think is how a lucky girl I am
    Oh, yes we're lucky
    And I sing . . .

Chorus
    Hey! Hey! Today's The Perfect Day to just go out and have fun
    A romantic time on the beach, just the two of us
    I gaze at your, loving your face, loving your smiles, loving eveyrthing about you
    We took the day off for each other so we can spend some quality time
    And all I can think is today is one Perfect Day

Verse 3
    I'm sitting on the beach chair, rubbing in my lotion in my skin while Taylor Swift is playing in my mind
    Oh, oh
    I hum Back To December while you give me a look that reads "your so easy to forgive someone"
    I just smile and take your hand and run down to the water
    Splashing, playing, flirting with each other

Verse 4
    Playing in the water, you chase after me while Back To December fades away Alan Jackson in my mind
    Oh, oh
    When you say my name, I hear your hot accent while laughing and chasing me in the water
    The way our smiles light up together
    We're two lucky people in this world
    Oh, oh

Pre-Chorus
    I'm too busy chasing and trying to find you
    But suddenly you appear and catch me around my waist
    Laughing I can't help but feel how we're so lucky
    Oh, yes we are

Repeat Chorus

Bridge
    You grab me around my waist and spin me around
    Before I know it, you lean in and kiss me
    The kiss is flawless, magical, sparks are flying everywhere, electricity is shooting out around me

I know everyone isn't perfect
    I know I'm kidding myself to think your my soulmate
    Nobody's perfect, but today you were
    When you kissed me
    When you kissed me

Repeat Chorus

Out-tro
    You kiss me again and again
    And I'm feeling so good with you
    On this Perfect Day

Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Thanks and yes you can.

-Topaz
    ~Swiftie#1

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 5:10 PM

:) Thanks all.

-Topaz
    ~Swiftie#1

Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I'll try to have this up very soon! :)

-Topaz
    ~Swiftie#1