Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Songwriting Contest!

Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:10 PM

staybeautiful137 wrote:
    Hi everyone!

I'm so sorry!!! I left TC on March 13th because I didn't want any spoilers abour the RED tour until I saw it for myself. I did on the 28th--AND IT WAS AMAZING AND I MET TAYLOR'S MOM AND SHE UPGRADED ME TO PIT HALFWAY THROUGH--and now I'm back! I'm judging the contest right now!
    Love love love, staybeautiful137

Yay!! Btw: YOU ARE SO LUCKY

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Alright everyone, here are the long awaited results for Round 7!!!! It was pretty hard to judge, there were a lot of songs that I really liked but couldn't give awards to!

Round 7:
    Theme: No theme
    1st Place: swiftieABC123 with "You Still Haven't Apologized"
    2nd Place: The Fearless with "If Only Time Was Our Friend"
    3rd Place: PrincessesAnd Pirateships with "Believe Again"
    Speak Now: TaylorFanM with "It's You"
    Best Line: oursongiseyesopen with "Again and Again": "What the hell did I get myself in to/I risked everything and all for you"
    All Too Well: ishouldveknown with "Goodbye"

Thank you to everyone who entered and thank you for your patience!!!!!

Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM

My entry for round 8! I think it's unique because it's about how music will be there when you're sad/lonely etc

Through My Veins

Verse 1:
    2:47 am, still awake, mind wonderin, I’m waitin
    for what it’s really like to be in love to write a love song
    seems like everyone else knows the feeling
    they have what I’ve wanted for so long
    jealousy, anger, and sadness comes pouring out at once

Chorus:
    sometimes you just need to cry yourself to sleep at night
    it’s that time of year, everyone’s happy and you’re shedding tears
    sometimes you just need to scream it out in song
    cuz music is my drug that runs through my veins
    it’s the one that heals me when I’m in pain
    sometimes I feel like it’s all I have
    oooooo (x2)

Verse 2:
    It’s a month later, so lonely, still curious, about you
    have you ever been in love, do you know what it’s really like?
    Where every day together feels like it’s brand new
    and it seems like midnight on the clock never strikes
    happiness, passion, and silliness all wrapped in one

(Chorus)

Bridge:
    ohhhh
    what am I doing wrong?
    I feel so invisible
    I just wanna give up
    my heart was broken
    before it was ever connected

Chorus:
    sometimes I cry myself to sleep
    turn up the music and turn off the world
    cuz music is my drug that runs through my veins
    it’s the one that heals me when I’m in pain
    I feel like it’s all I have
    it makes me happy, and I’m always sad

Made by me! :D

Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:17 PM

staybeautiful137 wrote:
    Alright everyone, here are the long awaited results for Round 7!!!! It was pretty hard to judge, there were a lot of songs that I really liked but couldn't give awards to!

Round 7:
    Theme: No theme
    1st Place: swiftieABC123 with "You Still Haven't Apologized"
    2nd Place: The Fearless with "If Only Time Was Our Friend"
    3rd Place: PrincessesAnd Pirateships with "Believe Again"
    Speak Now: TaylorFanM with "It's You"
    Best Line: oursongiseyesopen with "Again and Again": "What the hell did I get myself in to/I risked everything and all for you"
    All Too Well: ishouldveknown with "Goodbye"

Thank you to everyone who entered and thank you for your patience!!!!!

ohmyswift! thank you, thank you, thank you for first place...again! i'm so glad you like my songs!

Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Thank you for 3rd place~!! Yesssssss

^autumnleavesfalling

Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 3:34 PM

ALWAYS HOLD ME!

Sometimes i love you.
    Sometimes i hate you.
    Right now i just don't know.
    One thing i do is.
    I really wish you would.
    Always hold me.

Sitting so close to me.
    You open your arms.
    Wrap me up and pull me into your chest.
    Lost in the moment.
    Next thing i know.
    Your pulling away and i have to let you go.

oh-oh, oh-oh, oooh.

You're here with me, but so out of reach.
    You're a mystery, i find fascinating.

The way you walk.
    The way you talk.
    You caught my eye.
    As you walked on by.
    I just don't know why.

oh-oh, oh-oh, oooh.

You're here with me, but so out reach.
    You're a mystery, i find fascinating.

Sitting so close to me.
    You open your arms.
    Wrap me up and pull me into your chest.
    Lost in the moment.
    Next thing i know.
    Your pulling away and i have to let you go.

Sometimes i love you.
    Sometimes i hate you.
    Right now i just don't know.
    One thing i do is.
    I really wish you would.
    Always hold me.

by mindless dreaming

Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I hope this counts for the unique round! Please pm me when results are up:) thanks!
    ------

This song is called number thirteen. A lot of people think the number thirteen is unlucky and avoid it at all costs. But some people, like Taylor and us swifties., know that 13 isn't really all that bad. And maybe if people just realized that 13 isn't as unlucky as they think, they wouldn't avoid it so much. 

So that's kind of like me. People avoid me at first and don't really talk to me. But if they gave me a chance, I think they could see that I'm not really bad. Unless you hate on Tay. Then, I WILL KEELLLL YOUUUUUU!!!!!

I mean what? Psh who said that?:/ anyway, here's the song:)

NUMBER THIRTEEN

There's a strange kind of feeling tonight
    It's not wrong but it's not quite right
    Something different's in the air
    I can see it faintly but it's barely there

And the music is filling up the room
    I'm surrounded by people but I'm looking for you
    They barely give me a sideways glance
    But all I'm asking for is a chance

CHORUS
    And I am number thirteen
    A lone dreamer and thought unlucky 
    And I am number thirteen 
    A solitary believer and hard to read
    But all I need is just one look
    And you can read me like an open book
    So I'm number thirteen (yeah) I'm never good enough
    But just give me a chance and I'll change that for us

Yeah, yeah, I'm moving to the beat
    My body is dancing but I can't feel a thing
    It's a numb sort of silence and I'm telling myself to move
    But no matter where I look im always looking for you 

Oh, so, Turn up the music and make it loud
    Drown out your face in the dancing sound
    But every word that floats to me
    Pulls me in and I can't help but dream

CHORUS

My hair  is flying and I'm trying to be alright
    The whole world is dancing and I'm  flying tonight
    Oh lost my heart and I'm worry free
    I'm dancing like this night was made for me

Oh and My eyes are blue but all I'm seeing is green
    Cuz that's the color of your eyes when you're talking to me 
    People are everywhere but what are you hiding for
    A flash of dark hair and a quick closing door

CHORUS

There's a strange kind of feeling tonight
    It's not wrong but it's not quite right
    Something different's in the air
    I can see it faintly but it's barely there

Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Round 8, just a silly song I wrote :)

Our Secret Hideaway

Rumour has it there's a place
    far, far, far away
    nobody knows it's name
    but I swear it's there, it's there, it's there
    there's fountains forming lakes
    we could go and sunbathe
    pink and purple rain, in a secret cave
    are you feeling brave?

Let's go to our secret hideaway
    we can both be outcast runaways
    live our days out where we wanna be
    shall we?

I heard a tale about this place
    long, long, long ago
    I can't remember how it ends
    but we can change it again and again
    flying in the sky
    on clouds made of fruit pie
    have a whale of a time, through sunrise
    do you think it's wise?

shall we?

Dance under the multi coloured moon
    watch as all the giant flowers bloom
    flick the switch to turn on the sun
    and the stars come out when that's all said and done
    so

shall we?

October 22nd 2012, the world turns RED.

Credit to Tayluvxoxo for the amazing graphic!

Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:38 PM

All the entries are great so far!!!! I love this theme, because I'm getting so much cool stuff from y'all!

Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Here's a song I wrote for my best friend on TC, Lizlovestaylor27! I just love her so much.

Title: "Graceful"

So there’s a beautiful girl name Liz,
    She’s beautiful and lives with a grace,
    Never could be described…..
    Ohh, oh. Now, she walks with a million flaws,
    But brushes them off with her beautiful laugh.
    Run 'til you can't run,
    Hide 'til you can't hide.
    Oh, but what's on the inside?
    Now she's thinking maybe he could be
    The one to break her fall.
    Not so much pressure,
    Yeah, he'd never let her...
    Fall........

Chorus:
    He's kind of liking the way she makes mistakes.
    Some things she hides, but you can't take.
    The way she's graceful, graceful.
    Best night she’s ever had was that September night,
    Seeing her lovely superstar singing was such a lovely sight.
    A musical girl, dances in the rain.
    All the while, she’s graceful, graceful….

The first glimpse he’ll get,
    He’ll be so hypnotized.
    Real love, that’s what she’s waiting for.
    What she deserves.
    A perfect Swiftie
    And the greatest friend.

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:
    Every tear, every sad smile.
    They won’t mean anything pretty soon.
    Everything will brighten,
    And the light will return to her eyes.

What’s on the inside,
    Behind that warm smile,
    Find someone true,
    Who really loves you.
    Nothing else matters,
    But your happiness.
    Always remember,
    Stay fearless
    And don’t forget that awkward dance
    And Liz,
    Don’t forget,
    You’re graceful.

thatlittleREDdress the great xoxo
    Camryn xoxo

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 5:46 AM

Here's my entry for Round 8! I don't think this song would fit many themes, I hope you like it! :)

Miss Taylor Swift

Looking back 10 years
    I remember sitting in my room
    I was alone and so confused
    Had no friends to turn to
    So I put one of your records on
    And hearing the words to “Tim McGraw”
    Was enough to get me through
    Oh, this will always be true cause

Chorus:
    The sound of your voice
    It gives me no choice but to smile
    And it doesn’t take much to see
    You always cheer me up when I’m down
    So when I’m crying, alone and hurt
    You’ll always be the first one I turn to
    The first one on my list, Miss Taylor Swift

Looking back to when I was fifteen
    You taught me how to be young and free
    I was thankful for all I had
    Friends who loved me for who I am
    And I remember sitting by the pool
    We’d crank up your tunes
    Singing along to every word you sung
    Those were the best days all summer long

Chorus

When I moved out for the first time last fall
    You were there through it all
    You kept me company when I was lonely
    For the first few weeks you were my home
    Cause hearing your songs over again
    It’s relaxation, like deep breathing
    It soothes my soul, every song of yours
    Miss Taylor Swift

Chorus

In 10 years
    I’ll be sitting in my room
    Alone and so confused
    Having no friends to turn to
    So I’ll put one of your records on
    And hearing the words to “Tim McGraw”
    Will always be enough to get me through
    Oh, it’ll never stop

Chorus

I Spoke Now on July 14th, 2011 and June 14th, 2013 will come back to me in burning RED

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 6:13 AM

This is a song about me and my doggy We had a lot of moments together so I'll put them into a song.
    Round 8
    We can believe
    Ooh whoo~ Ooh whoo~
    Lets go out tonight
    And never say goodbye
    I sure we could have fly
    To leave the world behind.
    I will be your eyes,
    if you stay like a light.

I'll bring Summer love and laughter,
    you'll bring Summer Joy and Chapter.
    We will write a book bou't how we feel
    and so we'll show that
    We can believe.

Hmm...
    There are leaves falling,
    Color is changing..
    Maple Trees are far
    But we'll never be apart
    Sparkle In our eyes
    We'll light the sky tonight.

Bringing Autumm's Apple Eating
    Autumm's Maple Trees Are Growing
    We'd shine brighter than we thought we'd be
    Because we'll show that,
    We Can Believe.

Believe......~

Calling Winter's Snow And Laughters
    We'll live happy ever after.
    We flew higher than we thought we'd be
    Because we did it,
    We Can Believe.

Credit: SwiftiesRuleTheWorld

Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 9:38 AM

results???

by mindless dreaming

Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Hmm... I'm not sure this song is really UNUSUAL, but I don't know of any themes that it would fit, either.

FOREVER

Life is full of little mistakes
    And people hiding things for their own sake
    Sometimes we forget and we fall down
    Sometimes we remember more than we allow
    Memories stay in your heart forever
    Back when you met a guy and thought you’d always be together
    And people not giving back what they take

But it’s best to remember the good and the bad
    The first and last times seeing someone
    And when people don’t, they wish that they had
    They wish they knew what to become

[CHORUS]
    Memories come around and flash back again
    But you only have one chance to live
    Memories happen once and then they fade away
    But only a few decide to stay
    But I’ll stay forever, forever
    I’ll stay forever, forever

Life is full of painful goodbyes
    And relationships gone in the blink of an eye
    Sometimes we forget to think about others and we fall down
    Sometimes we remember more than we allow
    Memories stay in your heart forever
    Back when you met a guy and he put you down
    And thoughts turning suddenly into lies

But it’s best to remember the good and the bad
    The first and last times seeing someone
    And when people don’t, they wish that they had
    They wish they knew what to say

[CHORUS]

Even when the skies are turning gray and my strength is fading away

[CHORUS]

[CHORUS]

And people hiding things for their own sake
    And relationships gone in the blink of an eye
    And people not giving back what they take
    And thoughts turning suddenly into lies
    But all I’ll ever hear in my head is you

Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 4:37 AM

RESULTS PLEASE! A week overdue.

Me | | Me

Sun, May 12, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Hi, I'd enter :) This is for round 8

"LOVE IS NOT A THING"

Better luck next time,
    You tell me that easily,
    I see that we don't go, and even how it could've been.
    And even if you go, something yours, there will remain.

chorus:
    Love is not a thing, so I'd return it to you,
    Look it's just me, I've always loved you.
    Love is not a thing, so I don't know what to do with it,
    I wish you all the best,
    This love is my sinking ship.

Your love is not a thing, so I'd return it to you,
    My love is not a thing, so I do not know what to do with it,
    I wish you all the best, it's my sinking ship.

Just go, just go there,
    Fly, sing, give your heart to another,
    But I know that goodbye is not the end.

chorus:
    Love is not a thing, so I'd return it to you,
    Love is not a thing, so I don't know what to do with it,
    I wish you all the best,
    This love is my sinking ship.

Your love is not a thing, so I'd return it to you,
    My love is not a thing, so I do not know what to do with it,
    I wish you all the best, it's my sinking ship.

My love is not a thing, so I don't know what they did to it,
    I wish you all the best, this is just my love wreck!

I usually don't write this kind of emotional songs, but everytime I sing it, I have some crazy feelings :)

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Tue, May 14, 2013 at 4:38 PM

No No No
    Verse 1-
    Tell me now
    Why, oh Why did your heart have to stop?
    Why are you really dead?
    Why can't it be me instead
    Do you know what this has put me through?
    I don't think you do

Chorus-
    I remember getting off the bus like no no no
    And thinking why did you go go go
    Who can make me happy when I feel alone-
    I will miss calling you on your 90's cell phone
    I won't go into detail
    I will just say no no no

Verse 2-
    Well at least I still have that stuffed cat
    That you gave me years ago
    I still have lots of simple things like that
    To remind me of you
    Thanks to my mom
    I am not up there... with you

(repeat chorus)

Bridge-
    And I still have your pillow
    I haven't washed it no
    It smells like ciggerate smoke
    And artichoke
    The thing is the color of sour milk
    I remember ringing the door bell
    Then watching you open the door
    And smile down at me

And, yeah, sure
    That has happened many times before
    And dare I say
    It takes me back to

Chorus 2-
    Getting off that bus
    and seeing my moms face then screaming NO NO NO
    And crying at the alter
    On Christmas Eve
    Wishing you where there
    To laugh at me
    While others just sit and stare
    No no no oh oh oh

Outro
    Then I think about our final
    and simple last phone call
    Then just simply scream
    No No, No

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2483733/?h=l&r=23121663
    ^Please? Graphic made by me!❤❤❤

Mon, May 20, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Hold You Back
    A song I wrote that's half about when I first began to make my way out of my chronic depression and half about a friend who is in the same depression situation I was. It's about overcoming and self-esteem. Hope you like it! PM me when the results are up

[verse 1]
    the blanket you wrapped
    to keep you from the cold
    won’t keep you Safe
    from the fall and from the hOle

that helmet you wear on your head
    will never protect you from the water
    you are going to sink, you are going to drown
    all this heat is making you hotter

but the sCars on your side
    are not marks of shame
    they show your strOng stride
    they are marks of the pain

but you stiLl don’t get it
    you’re trappeD inside your head
    where everyone hates you
    and you’re so tired and you want to be dead

[pre-chorus]
    Trying to scrape up feeling
    from the few pieces that remain

[chorus]
    the waves are pulling you down
    don’t let it hold you back
    the fire burns around
    you did it wrong again
    and when you figure out
    you can’t let it hold you back
    that you’re the prettiest girl that i know
    you can’t hold it back

[verse 2]
    the curses in the hall
    they haunt and taunt your mind
    they tell the lies
    that the reputation’s shaped

the birds up in the sky
    they sing their song to you
    the red bird says
    everything will be okay

but you don’t trust anyone
    not even yourself
    and you can’t pick it up
    and you’re in your own hell

please listen to me now
    i know it’s difficult
    but please don’t
    end it now

[repeat pre-chorus]

[repeat chorus]

[bridge]
    everything is slipping through
    your long laced fingers
    and everything you don’t know
    makes you feel sicker

[repeat chorus twice]

and you’re still here now
    and they can’t hold you back

| Both by RedVelvet13 |

Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 5:10 AM

Okay so what happened to this contest

Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I don't know if this is a unique topic...... but It's a song i wrote about my hometown...and a polka-dot fence! :)

Polka-Dot Fence
    Verse 1
    Crossing paths, lots of math
    how to be rich and famous
    going back and forth, yellow grass on the siiiides.......
    try to get some sense....
    passing by that old polka-dot fence
    Prechorus 1
    lively night, talking how evreybody's alright
    seeing, sitting those old cows
    Chorus
    And theres a. Polka-dot fence, to her house.
    yellow grass, by those bobbing machines,
    too scary for a mouse
    old little stores that my brother
    wanted more of
    vintage and hipster
    food and those bigger chains.
    Verse 2
    that old dog, fat and lazy
    but i loved her so much
    my sight would go hazy
    rubbing up against me
    they said she'd probably die oh i couldn't see
    i would sigh and try not to cry
    Prechorus 2
    hot old room with a cat on teh bed
    writing down, jumping ahead,
    slow down baby, think of your crush...
    and go to your friend's house
    Chorus
    And there's a. Polka-dot fence, to her house
    yellow grass by those bobbing machines, too scary for a mouse.
    old little stores that my brother wanted more of.
    wintage and hipster
    food and those bigger chains
    Verse 3
    ready to move on ahead, all right!
    bu thow can i do htis
    crying at night, thinking in the dark
    turn on the light.
    hope for the very best
    dont look for the less.
    prechorus 3
    someday I'll come back
    look at this all.
    and something it will lack,
    just needs a call, all my friends coming back to this town
    sure there were ups and downs. living in the
    happiest U.S. town
    Chorus (2)
    And theres a. Polka-dot fence to Maggie's house.
    yellow grass by those bobbing machines,
    too scary for a mouse.
    old little stores, my brother wanted more of
    vintage and hipster
    food and bigger chains...

Thanks to Smell Of The Rain for my gorgeous signature