Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: My Songwriting Contest!

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Round 1- Winter Love (this is set at the end of the year so winter time ;P)

One Hundred and Thirty

You need to savour the good times
    keep them under lock and key
    the most beautiful times come with beautiful smiles
    I so badly want to free

and you know what they say about seasons
    they pass us by so fast
    but I've had the best set of four
    I could possibly have had

One hundred and thirty reasons
    one hundred and thirty times
    I will, keep you close to my side
    one hundred and thirty good days
    hopefully less than that were bad
    because you are by far the most wonderful person
    I've ever had

So I say bring on next year
    the brightest and the best
    start it off with a cheer and the clock
    that ticked away the last

I've ever had

Merry, merry Christmas
    you wonderful soul
    and may you be healthy forever more
    don't you even come down with a cold

I have one hundred and thirty reasons
    I've ever had

October 22nd 2012, the world turns RED.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2134491#post_15533111
    Credit to Tayluvxoxo for the amazing graphic!

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM

(rounding off the end of the year :P)

One Hundred and Thirty

you have to savour the good times
    I so badly want to free

they pass us by so fast

because you are by far the most wonderful person, I've
    ever had

so I say bring on next year

ever had

Merry, Merry Christmas
    you wonderful soul

ever had

to keep you close to my side

RE: My Songwriting Contest!

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Bump!

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 2:19 PM

ill enter can you send me the link to this forum in two days??!! thanks!

backtoafirstglance made my si

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 4:14 PM

oursongiseyesopen wrote:

One Hundred and Thirty

I so badly want to free

they pass us by so fast

ever had

ever had

Merry, Merry Christmas
    you wonderful soul

ever had

This is great!!! But just a question, which song did you enter? There are two copies of One Hundred and Thirty and I'm not sure which one you meant, since they are slightly different

Re: Songwriting Contest!

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Anyone??

RE: Songwriting Contest!

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 12:43 PM

{UNDER THE MISTLETOE}
    I remember their first Christmas
    Eight years old and life was so bliss.
    They hid in the garden while their parents were joking 'round.

He had subtly joked as well
    That under the mistletoe with silver bells
    He'd steal her first kiss and together with rings they'd be bound.

These two friends
    May be something more.
    She'd spent her whole life
    Not knowing what to look for.
    But little did she know that
    It was right under the mistletoe.

Few years later he showed up to her door
    With a red rose bouquet and in his eyes she saw
    True compassion, love and it would seem

They were the most perfect match
    And his heart was such a catch
    She was 18 still chasing a dream.

Her heart had been left broken.
    He healed it with a song
    Of a girl spending her lonely life
    Looking in places that were wrong.
    But little did she know that
    Under the mistletoe

Was her one true love
    The one who could make her laugh.
    The one who turned her life around
    The boy who promised from the start that

Those two friends
    Would always be together.
    Their fairytale love
    It was meant for forever
    With the twinkle in his eyes
    They weren't meant for goodbyes...

Of course he did know
    They belonged under the mistletoe.

Thank you for telling me about this :) it is a terribly written song, but the only one that could fit the theme. I won't be back until January 15th, and leave the 4th because I will be in Cambodia, but I'll be sure to check back. Please feel free to enter my songwriting contest too - the link is on my profile page :D

Stay Fearlessly Beautiful,

TaylorRose xx

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I would love to enter, but I don't have a song about winter love.
    I have one about Spring, but not winter :) lol

I don't do anything in winter, especially not hang around guys :)

I'll enter the next round? x
    Grace Lindsay
    Singer/Songwriter/Performer/Novelist
    13 years old
    Swiftie
    www.gracelindsay.net

Please enter my song writing competition!!!
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2363913/page/1?r=19949873#post_19949873

Please check out my songbook

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 1:59 PM

GraceLindsay13 wrote:

Grace Lindsay
    13 years old
    Swiftie
    www.gracelindsay.net

Hahaha okay

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 2:58 PM

staybeautiful137 wrote:
    GraceLindsay13 wrote:

Grace Lindsay
    13 years old
    Swiftie
    www.gracelindsay.net

Hahaha okay

I would love to enter, but I hate winter.
    Winter is sad for me, no love.
    Just bad memories :)
    Grace Lindsay
    13 years old
    Swiftie
    www.gracelindsay.net

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 8:29 PM

It could be about not so happy love, the theme is what you make of it!

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 4:40 AM

staybeautiful137 wrote:
    oursongiseyesopen wrote:

One Hundred and Thirty

I so badly want to free

they pass us by so fast

ever had

ever had

Merry, Merry Christmas
    you wonderful soul

ever had

This is great!!! But just a question, which song did you enter? There are two copies of One Hundred and Thirty and I'm not sure which one you meant, since they are slightly different

I meant the one with the two line outdo after the chorus, my computer went all weird and I thought it deleted the first one :P x

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Any more entries? There are some amazing songwriters on TC and I want to read all your songs!!!!!!!!

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Cold December Night

That December day
    I woke up when the sky was grey
    I woke up early 'cause I wanted to see you

After I woke up
    I did my hair and my make up
    I did it fast 'cause I couldn't wait to see you

It was a cold December night
    But not for you
    You were wrapped up in her arms 'till morning light
    I broke my rules
    'Cause darling I couldn't bear to start a fight
    So I didn't tell you I saw you that cold December night

Navy picture frame
    And a card you signed with your name
    And a blank white space wher you should've put a kiss

As I walk through town
    I can't bear to hear our song now
    I can't bear to think about how it's some to this

But not for you
    I broke my rules

Maybe thes long lonely crying months
    Will be my only memories of us
    And maybe I should've told you the next day
    Not just lived with anger I couldn't convey

But not for you
    I broke my rules

And I didn't tell that on that December day
    I woke up early 'cause I wanted to see you

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Come on guys! I want to hear your songs so bad!

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Anyone? Time is running out!!! It can be about anything having to do with winter and relationships.

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Round 1 - Winter Love
    This was wrote last winter, and it kind of was in the winter when he broke up with me... I hope you deem it in the theme.(:
    ---
    Time

I can hear the wind whispering everything
    The cold nipping at my skin
    Your words like ice, freeze me solid
    My trust, you've worked it thin

Here and now, that's what you said
    Freezing time wouldn't make sense
    You let me go, let me fall
    Made me question if you were real at all

Your face, its expression pleased
    Seeing my pain, is that all you need?
    Force my tears not to roll down my cheeks
    Just save me the pain and walk away,
    Please?

Could this be real, are you really this cold?
    Is this an ending to a story never told?

Sometimes i feel your breath upon my neck
    I guess words and hearts don't reflect.
    --
    callie xx
    [/signature][/signature]

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 2:17 PM

CallieAllie wrote:
    Round 1 - Winter Love
    This was wrote last winter, and it kind of was in the winter when he broke up with me... I hope you deem it in the theme.(:

It fits the theme! Thank you so much for entering!!!!

Anyone else?

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM

ill enter i just need to write a song x

[/signature]

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Black Coat

Verse One
    It's a black coat you know
    Has a big red logo
    On the back of his sleeve
    And the snow was falling down
    Freezing in a sweater
    My Christmas sweater

And I never dreamed
    That your coat could be so warm around me
    And I never dared to believe
    That I'd have that big red logo
    On the back of my sleeve

V2
    I've liked you since I can't remember when
    Your big smile has always made my weak
    I'll fall on my knees
    Turns out you've had this insane crush on me
    And they never believed

Chorus

I'm sitting here
    Still dream
    Of the logo on our sleeve
    And I'm still thinking
    Of the moment you put it on my
    Got a blue guitar
    On my lap
    Strumming away to my favorite song

Chorusx2

It's a big black coat you know
    Has a big red logo on the back of his
    Sleeve

-Topaz
    ~Swiftie#1

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.