1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

I need some swiftie advice!

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I have had this crush on this guy, lets call him Darwin, for two and a half years. Until recently I didnt speak to him much, but a few of my friends are good friends of his and recently i started hanging about with their little 'group'. I met his guy friends because of that, and theyre all really nice. Thing is one of his friends, lets call him Ed, has been acting funny. He asked me if I wanted to go to this thing they were going to and he was asking one of my very close friends about me. He even got her to introduce us. I think he likes me..but for a while now Ive thought Darwin liked me and was too shy to say. Ed recently asked out one of the other girls, but there is a big age gap so she said no, and besides she didnt like him like that. My friends told me that before he asked her out, they all thought he liked me. Suddenly I find myself liking him! Whats up with that? I like Darwin, I cant like his best friend too! :(

names have been changed:)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: I need some swiftie advice!

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Well i think that is a hard situation but i think that you can like them both because its only a crush it is not like your dating one of them! But If you do like them both then you have a better chance of getting asked out by your crush I wish you luck and i hope that helped... but remember it's your call!

By the Great LiveYourLoveStory

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 5:59 PM

in all honesty. this just happened to me christmas day........ i liked this girl, and we hang out every night from like 7-3 at night and i thought she mightve liked me.... but then i asked if i had a highschool crush if shed give us a chance. she said no cause i was only a friend..... now when we text or i ask her to get out with me like we did before she just brushes it off....... i honestly think i lost a bestfriend because of it, but in my opinion just go for who u really like. i dont regret it cause id rather know, then to like her and her not like me.
    ~Swifties Rock! "The music is all around us. All you have to do is listen."~

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Well since Darwin hasn't made a move and you've liked him for years I think it's perfectly acceptable for you to keep your options open. I think what you need to avoid though is going out with Ed or liking him just to try to make Darwin jealous or to replace him. Think about why you really like both of them and if it's for the right reason and the guy asks you out, give him a chance.