Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

I thought..

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Right now, I'm so confused! For my whole life I've wanted to sing. I've wanted to sell out arenas and win Grammys but I'm not sure anymore. I don't perform for anyone, my friends put me down about it and I'm afraid my family won't support me. I write songs and I play guitar, although I'm not so great at the guitar. And every time I try to consider a different career path for me, I always end up back where I started: music, singing. I don't know what to do. And honestly I'm not sure why I'm posting this. I guess, any thoughts or anyone feel the same way? What do you want to do with your life?

^By HoldingMyBreath. :)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: I thought..

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I feel the same way. My family takes it as a joke.

wordpress.com

polyvore.com

http://newnownext.mtvnimages.com/2012/1

RE: I thought..

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Your family should and will always support you. Its your dream. I say keep chasing it.Taylor went for it. She didn't know if the outcome was going to be bad or good.

Go for your dream.

Ansley

http://i46.tinypic.com/2q1s9c[/signature]

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I'm confused to! I'm going to start learning guitar because I've always wanted to write my own songs but I couldn't actually write properly because I only had other people's melodies in my head! Right now my voice has been funny for a couple of weeks and I'm not sure what's going on but it gets sore easily and my face like feels like its being locked up or something and I can't sing as well as I usually do! It's really bothering me because I don't know if I can't sing or if it's been overworked or what and I just don't know If it's really what I want to do! My parents have said they'll support me but if I wanted to be a singer I'd need to know music theory and I don't know much about it because ive never been good at music theory but I can sing and I do singing lessons to! Ah I'm so confused like you :(

STOP BULLYING

cloudnine, Av, ForeverEnchanted13

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I have NO idea what I want to do with my life. My parents want me to start seriously thinking what I want for a job when I'm older, but I'm not good at anything.....

1) gabbylove13 2) Kaylee[/signature]

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Me too but I never give up :)

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 7:20 PM

thats my dream.. lol this morning we had a family concert.. my brother did magic.. and well i sanG(with my sisters as back-up) so my family support me but im worried that i wont be able to do this because so many people have this dream...:( ... i mean im only 13 and when ive finished school.. il go for it but i dont take rejection very well

thanks never grow up and all i know is a simple name

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 7:22 PM

SwiftiesRuleTheWorld wrote:
    I'm confused to! I'm going to start learning guitar because I've always wanted to write my own songs but I couldn't actually write properly because I only had other people's melodies in my head! Right now my voice has been funny for a couple of weeks and I'm not sure what's going on but it gets sore easily and my face like feels like its being locked up or something and I can't sing as well as I usually do! It's really bothering me because I don't know if I can't sing or if it's been overworked or what and I just don't know If it's really what I want to do! My parents have said they'll support me but if I wanted to be a singer I'd need to know music theory and I don't know much about it because ive never been good at music theory but I can sing and I do singing lessons to! Ah I'm so confused like you :(

STOP BULLYING

cloudnine, Av, ForeverEnchanted13
    same... i write songs but i have tiny fingers and i cant get them arounf=d the guitar so it sits in my room in the corner all alone.. and i have a keyboard but i dont get the music theory very well.

thanks never grow up and all i know is a simple name

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Never ever give up on your dreams! Who cares what your friends think because none of their negativity will matter when your famous! Just keep on trying and do what you can to make your dreams come true!
    You're beautiful every little piece love

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 7:42 PM

The same for me, I mean my dad thought it was a joke and my friends just laughed at me (except for my best friend). My dad said 'dreams are not reality and they are negative', but then my mom told me some things.

-People who give up on or wont support you is because a., They could never fulfill theres, or b., because they never had anybody to support them.

-We're young! We're supposed to have dreams and there for my saying is "the only way dreams will come true is if you keep dreaming" or "the only way dreams will come true is if you keep dreaming that dream in reality.

Listen if you want to be a singer go for it! Work hard and show the people around you that you can do it. If there are other things that you are interested in, make that as your 'back-up' career or something to that effect.

Success comes in believing in yourself so remember that.

Also I learned that life isn't about finding yourself, it's more of creating yourself and who you are to the public so remember that too.

Good luck and I hope your dreams will come true :)
    AussieBeauty

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 7:56 PM

If you want something bad enough, go for it!!

A place to start is to research places that hold karaoke nights. Their always looking for people! My friend did that once and really enjoyed it.
    Does your school hold talent shows? If so, try out! I sang for mine last year, and I'm not really into singing but I loved it!
    Just look around. Some people might need a musician at an event their holding.

It doesn't matter what our friends think! Keep Taylor in mind. She didn't give up because people were always picking on her! You've just gotta go for it!

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Sydneytilley wrote:
    Never ever give up on your dreams! Who cares what your friends think because none of their negativity will matter when your famous! Just keep on trying and do what you can to make your dreams come true!
    You're beautiful every little piece love

^this

1: DancingAroundAllAlone 2:FF13 3:AutumnLeavesFalling 4:Bluebell

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Here's the thing about singing and performing - the only thing you need to know is how to sing. If you can write songs, great. If you know musical theory, great. If you know your way around 15 different instruments, great. It all makes it easier. But the only thing you absolutely NEED to know is how to sing.

How about putting yourself out there a little more? Maybe take part in some local performances (whatever you want, choirs, musical theatres, karaoke) to get some experience of singing to an audience annd maybe even get some free singing lessons since choirs and musical theatre companies usually have a musical director or similar to help with technique!

And then if you're feeling brave, maybe record yourself singing something and let people hear it. Your dream isn't likely to come true unless you put yourself out there a little. Good luck :)

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 12:20 PM

i'm confused too about what i wanna do with my life. i Thought i wanted to be an orthodontis but idk.

when i start to think about what i want to do,nothing sounds like the perfect thing for me.

but one thing i know for sure is that i want to help people. and so i guess i can't "plan" my life like i'm used to, but i will go along for the ride and hope things work out. :)

So even if your family doesn't support you, just try to stick to YOUR beliefs. if you feel deep down in your heart that singing and music is where you're supposed to be, then i honestly believe your family will back you up in the end. And maybe just try letting them know that you really do value their support and opinion, but you also need them to respect your choices because it is your life and even if you make mistakes, you're the one that has to learn from them. And they need to trust that you can handle it. :)

So just keep thinking about things and keep an open mind, but don't lose sight of something you believe in :) and trust me, you'll know when you find something you believe in 100%

~DreamImpossible Graphics~

~Courtesy of Sunflower Graphis~

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 12:28 PM

If its somthing you really love then go for it. Don't let the negative drag you down. You should never have to feel like no one would support you and offer encouragement. If you ever do just know those of us here on TC will.

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Don't give up.

TheEnchantedGarden made the manip in my avatar

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM

hi if you really love music keep doing it, you could combine it with other stuff too though, stay in education until you know what you want, keep dreaming
    :]

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Since I was 5 I've wanted to sing. When I first told my mom, she said 'No, Kat, don't be a singer, singers become drug addicts and sluts, and go to rehab.' She told this to a 5 year-old. Since then, I've claimed I've wanted to be other things, but I only want to sing.
    I don't tell her anything about my passions, because I'm fairly certain she won't support me. I've told a few close friends, but all they do is comment on how my voice isn't that great, and I will never make it.
    And sometimes, I just feel so alone. I feel like I may have no life, because there is nothing else in the world I would want to do other than sing.
    And because of this, I only sing when I'm alone. When someone asks, I simply say, 'No, I'm not that good'. I started to play guitar only recently, but I've written songs forever, and have always wanted to sing.
    I think I know how you feel. It's really confusing. I don't have another plan, and everyone belittles my dream.
    I guess the only thing we can do is hope. Hope that someday, we can show everyone who laughed what we truly can do. That's all we can hope for, isn't it?

By SwiftieForever 13
    [url=http://i50.tinypic.com/2w341ht.jpg]http://i50.tinypic.com/2w341ht.jpg[/url][IMG][/signature]

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Girl_at_Home_13 wrote:
    I feel the same way. My family takes it as a joke.

wordpress.com

polyvore.com

http://newnownext.mtvnimages.com/2012/1

So do mine...

HEY! Join my Swiftie Camp? It would mean the world to me! Just click the link! :) LINK ---> http://shelbeehopkinsstar.wix.com/swiftieonlinecamp

RE: I thought..

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM

follow your dreams and remember that no matter what your fellow Swifties will always be there for you :)

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Go for your dreams no one can stop you from trying.
    Look at Taylor Swift she didn't give up because people said that she couldn't sing but now shes a popstar that could be you one day
    [you never no]

:]

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.