Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Songwriting contest by Brittneyswiftly14

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Apparently I accidentally deleted the songwriting contest forum I just made, and I sincerely apologize, so here are all the rules you need to know:
There will be 7 rounds, round 7 being the final round. Each round will last a week, so hopefully everyone will enter in time. It may be a challenge, since each round will have a inspiration theme song to base their song off of, so you may need to do some research. For example:
Round 2: Open
Theme Song for Inspiration: Carry On by Fun.
1st place (5 points):
2nd place (4 points):
3rd place (3 points):
*bonus (anyone who entered the round can earn these points, including 1st- 3rd place):
Fearless Award (2 points) (standout song, great story, fearless):
Most Beautiful Song (2 points) (beautiful lyrics, inspiring, tear worthy):
So, in this case the theme is to carry on and let you past be the sound of your feet on the ground.

There will be a leader board, and it will be up after Round 1 is finished.
Here are some rules:
- you cannot enter a song more than once
- you may co write a song, but give credit to the other writer
- please no language/profanity
- if you enter too late the song most likely will not count, depending if I've posted the results
Reminder:
- I will post results the day after the final day of the round
- I will post round info and results in a comment below, not in the body.
- If you'd like to make graphic, please leave a comment below. I'd like for everyone who entered and participated to have their own graphic at the end, winner or not. If you're up for that job please comment below.
- anyone can enter any round, except for round 7
- the seventh round will only be for the top 5 on the leader board
- enter your song in a contest below
Sorry if anyone commented on the last forum, hopefully you can find the new one. If you have any questions, leave them below. Have fun and thanks! :)
~Brittneyshine

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Songwriting contest by Brittneyswiftly14

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Round 1: OPEN (December 26th- January 2nd) (results Jan. 3rd)
    Theme Song Inspiration: Mine by Taylor Swift (any song that has to do with the topic, theme, etc. of Mine)
    Results will be in a week! :)

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I will enter.

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 3:16 PM

SwiftieKatxoxo wrote:
    I will enter.

Thank you! :)

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 1:49 PM

contest is open! :)

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM

What us the theme

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 1:53 PM

MegSwift18 wrote:
    What us the theme

Round 1: OPEN (December 26th- January 2nd) (results Jan. 3rd)
    Theme Song Inspiration: Mine by Taylor Swift (any song that has to do with the topic, theme, etc. of Mine)

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 2:27 PM

My entry!

The Best Thing I've Ever Had

Verse 1:
    You say 'Hey'
    And I look behind me
    Then I realise
    You're talking to me

I can't believe it
    After all these weeks
    You finally know
    That you make my knees go weak

Pre-chorus:
    You are my cosmic twin
    You send my head in a spin

Chorus:
    Cos you're the one for me
    And I can't believe you're mine
    I thought you'd never see
    After all this time
    But now we're together
    In a love that'll last forever
    I can't believe it's real
    But I guess it must be true
    Cos when I say I love you
    You say 'I love you too'
    And there's no turning back
    Cos you're the best thing I've ever had.

Verse 2:
    We walk, hand in hand
    We don't need to talk
    Cos we understand
    Each other's minds

I want you forever
    And that won't change
    Cos there's nothing better
    Than you, than you

Pre-chorus:
    You are my cosmic twin
    You send my head in a spin

Chorus:
    After all this time
    But now we're together
    You say 'I love you too'

Bridge:
    I want to shout it out loud
    That you love me now

Chorus:
    After all this time
    But now we're together
    You say 'I love you too'

^Primafacie

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 10:51 AM

bump

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 3:27 PM

3 days left to enter round 1! Really need entries!!!

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Hopefully this fits, if you think about it in terms of the line "you are the best thing that's ever been mine" I think it works okay :)

Coming Home

Blue eyes and a scruffy smile
    He’s got a way that can drive me wild
    My tongue is tied and my cheeks are flushed
    The only man that can make me blush

Every laugh every glance or stare
    I think I’d follow him anywhere
    A hug a kiss or just a fleeting look
    He can read me like a picture book

And I feel like
    My world is slowly spinning
    But I realize
    My feet are still on solid ground
    And I wonder
    How I could be this happy
    This love is everlasting joy

My eyes are wet and I’ve lost the race
    Feeling down living in disgrace
    A brush of skin and my mind goes numb
    My heart is soaring and I’m overcome

Lying here I feel complete
    Mingled sweat and two heartbeats
    I’ve never been this comfortable
    I’ve never felt this wonderful

And I feel like
    But I realize
    And I wonder

The sparks are flying my lips are smiling
    After all these years of failures and trying
    Of crying, of lying, implying, denying

Miscommunications and misinterpretations
    Anger and confusion, hope and disillusion

Your arms are here and we’re wrapped in each other
    Drowning in blue and a love undercover
    Cause baby, here we are

And I feel like
    But I realize
    And I wonder

And I feel like
    My heart is going crazy
    But I realize
    Your eyes are holding steady
    And I know

Everlasting joy
    And I know that I’m coming home

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM

2 days left to enter! Would love it if you entered! :)

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 6:53 AM

today's the last day to enter round 1 :)

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Round 1 will be extended until tomorrow-
    Round 1: OPEN (December 26th- January 4th) (results Jan. 4th or 5th)
    Theme's Song Inspiration: Mine by Taylor Swift (any song that has to do with the topic, theme, etc. of Mine) (hint: you are the best thing that's ever been mine)

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.