1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Guitar

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 7:51 AM

I ust got a guitar for Christmas. It's an Acoustic Fender. I have no knowledge whatsoever about guitars so any help would be wonderful :D I have GarageBand on my computer for guitar so I'm going to use that.

Vote

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Guitar

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Anyone?

Vote

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 11:23 AM

OMS I'VE BEEN WANTING ONE OF THOSE FOREVER!!! :) they're supposed to be really good:)

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I like it, I'm working on learning all of the chords now :D

Vote

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM

If you want to learn song then I suggest using UltimateGuitar. It's really good and simple to use! :)

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I might look at it, thanks :D^^

Vote

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I agree, ultimateguitar is awesome! There's also another website called chordie,I used it a lot when I was starting out. It separates songs into catagories of beginner, intermediate and expert, and there's lots of beginner and intermediate versions of taylor songs :D

My friend has an acoustic fender! She really likes it :} I have an electro-acoustic Hudson and an acoustic Elevation :)

RE: Guitar

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 12:52 PM

so i know its odd but youtube is really quite helpful! Ive learned how to play all kinds of songs from it! The uploader ive found most helpful is Mahalo Tv. They do great tutorials for both electric and accustic guitars.

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I learned by googling chords/youtubing chords and they taught me a few chords. You just have to keep practising to move your hands fast enough. The strumming will come on it's own. It takes pure practice.

I sing and play guitar and piano. Add me? Xxx

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Thanks for the tips, I'll have to look at all of them. Is the Ultimate Guitar thing free or does it cost money?

Vote

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 2:50 PM

totally free
    Everyone I know goes away in the end
    So you could have it all, my empire of durt
    I would let you down
    I would make you hurt

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Wicked! I wanted a new guitar for christmas, but we didnt have the money. so i still have my favourite guitar from my 10th birthday.
    Check out my threads and friend me if you haven't already!

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Ok and thanks!!

Vote

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Anybody have any tips or advice on how to remember each chord?

Vote

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 9:36 AM

withsomeindierecord wrote:
    If you want to learn song then I suggest using UltimateGuitar. It's really good and simple to use! :)

I looooove Ultimate Guitar! Defiantly use it :)

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Guppy1313 wrote:
    Thanks for the tips, I'll have to look at all of them. Is the Ultimate Guitar thing free or does it cost money?

Vote

It's freeeeeeee :)

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I'm gonna get a guitar on New Years Eve..'cause we have this family tradition where we only open our CHRISTMAS presents on New Years Eve....don't know why, but....on Christmas we just have a family dinner....oh! well, I don't know how to play either.....:'(

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Ultimate Guitar....:)

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Guppy1313 wrote:
    Anybody have any tips or advice on how to remember each chord?

Vote

To remember each chord, I do the chord and say the name of the chord at the same time. Then I take my fingers off, and do it over again and again. Eventually it sticks! :)

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 9:40 AM

I JUST GOT A FENDER AND ITS INCREADIBLE!!!!!!! i taught myself just by picking songs and learning the chords in thos songs

both by me

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Hmm ok, I'll try these things :D

Vote