Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: RACHELLOVESTAYLOR'S SONGWRITING CONTEST

Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 3:38 AM

TaylorFanDenmark wrote:
    TaylorRoseSwift13 wrote:
    when are the results coming up?
    Stay Fearlessly Beautiful,

TaylorRose xx

Thinking the same thing!

Both made my me

me too ... when???

Click on the link below to visit my song book ...

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Rachel, is everything okay? Usually you're so good about posting the results! We miss you!!!

Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 2:55 PM

staybeautiful137 wrote:
    Rachel, is everything okay? Usually you're so good about posting the results! We miss you!!!

For some reason when she clicks on the forum it says that it is doesn't exist. She's trying to get the Mod's to help.

TaylorRose xx

Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 11:09 PM

TaylorRoseSwift13 wrote:
    staybeautiful137 wrote:

For some reason when she clicks on the forum it says that it is doesn't exist. She's trying to get the Mod's to help.

TaylorRose xx

I know she told me that too ... fingers crossed

/\Al

Wed, May 15, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Kind Of Night

i was walking Down that back road
    six string in my hand
    feel the dirt between my toes
    kickin my way thrOugh the sand

i knelt down on the gravel
    slipped on my cowboy boots
    time to let the days unravel
    it's just me and You

and i earned myself a ride in
    burnt up, pick up,
    my luck, Chevy truck kind - tonight
    it's a backrOad, oh no
    friday, let go kind of night

now i'm sitting on yoUr porch
    listening to Jason Aldean
    i hear you shut that ole screen door
    and come out in youR blue jeans

you takE me by the hand
    and spin me around
    i'm thinkin - ask me for a dance
    or we could leave this town

and i got Myself a ride in
    burnt up, pick up,
    my luck, Chevy truck kind - tonight
    it's a backroad, oh no
    friday, let go kind of night

nothin bEtter then run down Chevy
    and smiling heart thats a little too heavy
    see the views without those city lights
    we went down to the creek and we were dancing all night

and i got Myself a ride in
    burnt up, pick up,
    just my luck, Chevy truck kind - tonight
    it's a backroad, oh no
    friday, lEt go kind of night

Me and you forever
    nothing could be BettEr
    as long as we're togetheR
    it's just one of those nights

Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 7:34 AM

I live in the country, so this should be easy. One country song coming up!

Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Country Summer Life
    Verse 1:
    Sitting by the bonfire
    Looking up at the stars in the sky.
    Just hanging out
    That's how we do it round here.
    (Aww yeah)
    Get in the mud
    Turn up the tunes
    Then we hop in the truck
    And cruise till the map turns blue.

Chorus:
    This is our life
    This our world
    Hanging out
    Doing what we want
    Cause this
    Is a country summer life.

Bridge:
    Don't care what no one says
    Or what they think about us
    We just do what we do
    Cause that's how it is.

Verse 2:
    Driving a pickup
    Down a dirt road
    Sitting in the flat bed
    Or on the roof.
    Hiding in the barn
    Kissing and cuddling
    Down in the hay
    Where no one can see

Chorus:
    This is our life
    This is our world
    Hanging out
    Doing what we want
    Cause this
    Is a country summer life
    (Repeat chorus)

Outro:
    Yeah baby this
    Is the country summer life

Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Round 8 entry! :)

All Over Again
    Verse 1
    That one night you smiled at me
    that one night, I couldn't see. You stood there so close
    Although that bar separated
    all those teenagers
    Chorus
    They don't know how much I hated him
    How much I would cry for him
    How I was falling in love again
    Lying on my back in his truck
    I couldn't believe my luck
    Always wanting him when he walked by
    How I would always sigh
    All Over Again
    Verse 2
    The summer came and I saw,
    it wasn't the same at all
    Couldn't blame him ah,
    all right there those summer days
    were changed.
    Chorus
    they don't know how much i hated him
    how much i would cry for him
    how i was falling in love again
    lying on my back in his truck
    i couldn't believe my luck
    always wanting him when he walked by
    how i would always sigh
    all over again
    verse 3
    snuggled up with our hearts
    stuck and heavy with darts
    i was dripping in your love, all
    the sticky syrup kept me up
    and ah, it happened again
    chorus
    how i would always sigh
    all over again
    verse 4
    those stars twinkled with delight.
    that one summer night
    i held onto your arm tight
    and cried and cried into your fight
    praying again. hoping again, we'd
    go back
    chorus
    how i would always sigh
    all over agin
    verse 5
    i held my brave face on for you
    i raised my hand and heavy heart
    and i knew it was the same for you, too
    instead of crying all the time
    realized, there was a new chapter of my life

Thanks to Smell Of The Rain for my gorgeous signature

RE: RACHELLOVESTAYLOR'S SONGWRITING CONTEST

Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 3:51 AM

Very loosely based on I Don't Want This Night To End - just with the fact that it is a priceless night. I don't know of Luke Bryan at all and this was the first song that I found.

{LOVE ALWAYS}
    Out of my element
    Free fall when I see you smile
    Scared that I'll hit the ground
    So let's just take this slow.

I gotta feeling that
    We think we're taking a chance
    But in this moment
    Just take my hand and dance.

I always listen to my intuition
    So I'm going to see this through

You don't know it but
    This heart is not give and take
    It's in the long run
    And doesn't know how to wait.
    But for now
    This moment's ours
    You don't know it yet but
    You are my love, always.

You're more than just a
    School-boy Romeo
    There's something different
    And I can't work it out.

The way your hair falls
    In your blue eyes.
    Makes me want to
    Be with you my whole life.

I always listen to my intuition
    So I'm going to see us through.

You don't know it but
    It's in the long run
    But for now
    This moment's ours
    You are my love, always.

We're alone in a crowded room
    Don't let me go too soon.
    Hold me close
    I'll let you know
    That my heart is fleeting
    Ever since I first saw you.

You don't know it but
    It's in the long run
    But for now
    This moment's ours
    You are my love, always.

TaylorRose xx

Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Here's my entry for Round 8! I love Luke Bryan so much, he's one of my favorite artists. Country music is my love, I'm so happy you made him the theme. This is a country song that I just wrote and it's inspired by Luke in that in his songs he would give it all up for the person he loves. Like in "Crash My Party" he didn't care what she needed, as long as she needed him. That's probably what I love most about that song. Anywayz, I hope you like it!

Title: “Come Back”

V1:
    Old dirt roads have so much meaning,
    In country songs, you just know the feeling.
    Old pick up trucks become everything,
    In country songs, and huge oak trees.

Maybe it’s the setting of our story,
    But it shaped us, that’s what you told me.
    I love the thought that it made us who we are.
    Right here in my home, don’t have to travel far.

Chorus:
    I first met you out on the street.
    Without a glance you walked by me.
    My eyes followed your lovely path,
    Since they left me, they didn’t come back.

V2:
    I didn’t mean to say my name twice,
    Must’ve lost my mind, and remember I stuttered?
    I didn’t mean to touch your hand then,
    But maybe I did, it’s not something I regret. ;)

Thanks for telling me the love story
    Of your grandparents, it was heartbreaking.
    You believed in the strength of them,
    I remember, that’s exactly what you said.

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:
    It’s just been a couple of months baby,
    But I replay it all just like I’m crazy.
    If I knew we would say goodbye,
    I wouldn’t have loved you, or would I?
    I told you that I believe in a country song,
    But really, I believed in us all along…

When I first met you out on the street,
    Without a glance you walked by me.
    My eyes followed your lovely path,
    Since they left, they didn’t come back.

No, they ain’t coming back…
    No, you ain’t coming back….

thing was a masterpiece xoxo

Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 6:13 AM

Results are up!

Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 8:37 AM

the mirror

tell me all your fears, my love
    but don't you lie to me
    i've been waiting here, my love
    so long for you to see

i know your scars
    i know your heart
    fears me leaving

everyone's fleeing from home
    while their love's somewhere they don't know
    and you're the hand guiding them to death
    but they want it, my love, don't waste your breath

don't look in the mirror, my dear
    it'll only make you cry
    so many candles burning, my dear
    it has been quite a while

i know your wish
    i know your lips will become dry

everyone's seeking revenge
    for those empty beds and dead hands to clench
    so lead them on, dust off your clothes
    the reflection, my dear, it's the truth that it shows

look me in the eyes, my love
    this line has become thin
    it's time to say goodbye, my love
    there's a war out there to win

Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 8:57 AM

OMS your contest is back!!!!!! I need to enter the next round!!! :)

Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 9:58 AM

nowtheskyisgold wrote:
    the mirror

Thanks for entering Soraya!
    staybeautiful137 wrote:
    OMS your contest is back!!!!!! I need to enter the next round!!! :)

Finally the mods let me back on. Thanks for hanging around

Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Round Nine
    I haven't ever read/seen it, so I hope this fits the theme!

Forget The Lies

Verse 1
    Close your eyes
    Pretend you never said good bye
    Everything will be right
    Just think of the light

Pre-chorus
    Stay near to me
    I'll be your lullaby
    When you cry

chorus
    You'll be alright
    Just survive the night
    I know it'll take time
    But just forget the lies

It'll turn out fine
    Just save your life
    I know it'll take time
    But just forget the goodbyes

Verse 2
    Think of peace
    Stay here, don't move, you're next to me
    Everything will turn out right
    Just forget the fight

Pre-Chorus
    Stay near
    Stay hear
    Because

Repeat Chorus

Verse 3
    Even when you can hear the war
    Don't run out begging for more
    I know there isn't much time
    But just remember that these words aren't lies

Bridge
    Close your eyes
    Everytging will be alright
    Firget the fight
    Don't remember the lies
    Think of the light
    And you'll be fine

Outro
    Everything will be alright
    Just forget the lies

Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Thank you so much for second place! xoxo

thing was a masterpiece xoxo

Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Well it isn't my best song for sure, but well :) I hope you'll like it! :)

No Place For A Girl On Fire

Verse 1:
    Enemies and allies
    Try and stick together
    Fight for all that matters
    Fight for me
    But still alive for you
    Time will set free
    And I will get you through

Chorus:
    Swim fast, I’ll have your back
    And take them down
    Once they attack
    Swim faster, I know you’re tired
    This ain’t no place
    For a girl on fire
    I’ll swim fast, you know I’m tired
    ‘Cause this ain’t no place
    For a girl on fire

Verse 2
    I won’t give up for her
    The girl that stayed at home
    To be crying on her own
    War just starts
    Now the battle’s for you
    Heal the old scars
    To make space for new

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:
    Tick tock, sings the clock
    A slow lullaby
    That ticks away our lives
    A fast lullaby
    Ticking away our lives

Repeat Chorus (while the bridge is still repeating on the back)

Outro:
    This ain’t no place for a girl on fire
    This ain’t no place for a girl on fire

Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM

thanks fo rentries

RE: RACHELLOVESTAYLOR'S SONGWRITING CONTEST

Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Round 9!! I'm so excited this is back!!!!

REMEMBER
    Written by: staybeautiful137, 8/9/13

You think you've got this all figured out
    All you gotta do is play their game
    You've been before
    Know how this works
    But trust me, it's not the same

The odds are never in your favor
    Chances are you won't survive
    And if you're thinking back on all of this
    You ain't got a lot of time

CHORUS:
    I know you didn't want to
    Now you're watching your friends die
    I know you aren't a killer
    Cause you don't feel that way inside
    Catch your breath and take a minute
    It ain't a game if you're still in it
    You don't have to do all of this
    Remember who the enemy is

I know you're smart
    You can follow this through
    And if you outsmart them
    The rest will be easier to do

Keep looking forward
    Stay sharp and on your toes
    Get ready for what comes next
    Cause you know how this goes

CHORUS:

BRIDGE:
    Stop, and listen
    You know what you have to do
    If you keep your heart in it
    You will see that you can win it

CHORUS:

Remember
    Remember
    Remember who the enemy is.

Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Hey sorry to bug you, but will there be results and a new round soon? Thank you!!!

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.