Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: RACHELLOVESTAYLOR'S SONGWRITING CONTEST

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 11:14 AM

O_O I havent entered a songwriting contest...for like...a week...but its you...so I must :P Will write a song soon :) x

Thanks to Calizzle4 and Sm160 for making these ^ amazing graphics!

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 11:24 AM

My entry!:). It's really bad but still. Please pm me when results are up! Thanks
    This is my first attempt at a Christmas  song, and it celebrates the lighter side...parties, cookies, decorations. I don't like it that much but I thought I should at least try:)

CHRISTMAS TIME

Even if it doesn't snow
    It's still the same old story
    Every year around this time
    There're jingle bells ringing and shining lights

CHORUS
    And you can see that all around you
    The houses are lighting up
    There are wreaths on the door
    With red ribbons and bows,  for
    Now it's Christmas time
    Oh now it's Christmas time
    It starts just a few weeks before
    With decorating everywhere
    And carols fill the air tonight
    And now it's Christmas time

All the brothers and the sisters hiding in their rooms
    Making presents for the rest saying
    "it'll be ready soon!"
    And school is out for a while
    So now it's time for you
    To hang with friends and spread some smiles
    Next year youll do it again

When you come home
    Chilly and cold 
    There will be cocoa to make
    And cards to write
    And people to invite
    Cuz you're having a party tonight
    Oh you're having a party tonight

CHORUS

It's time to celebrate
    Dance and sing and eat
    Cuz it only comes yeah once a year
    Time to shout and scream and cheer
     Because tonight things are right
    And oh it's christmas time
    Oh yeah it's Christmas time

And you can see that all around you
    The houses are lighting up
    There are wreaths on the door
    With red ribbons and bows,  for
    Now it's Christmas time

(Fade out)

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:10 PM

13TSwizzle13 wrote:
    O_O I havent entered a songwriting contest...for like...a week...but its you...so I must :P Will write a song soon :) x

Thank-you so much Rachel! You're always so sweet and supportive towards whatever I do :)
    longlivetaylor...4ever&always wrote:
    My entry!:). It's really bad but still. Please pm me when results are up! Thanks
    This is my first attempt at a Christmas song, and it celebrates the lighter side...parties, cookies, decorations. I don't like it that much but I thought I should at least try:)

Whoop, first entry! Hey, don't say it's bad, we are our own biggest critic. Of course I'll PM you when the results are up :)
    I understand that Christmas songs are quite difficult to write about - trust me, I've been there and tried it - but I thought it was fitting, after all, it only comes around once a year!

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Here's my entry! No sad bumping faces! This is a really silly song :P But its sooo true cos on Friday I asked someone in Year 13 "Why does Santa wear glasses?" and she didn't know :P So yeah, hope ya like it :) x

Useless Glasses

Ever wondered why,
    Santa wears glasses but never reads anything,
    Around this time,
    That’s what I’m wondering,

Well he’s got that list,
    He always has to and always does check it twice
    He’s got the presents,
    For everyone who’s nice,

Chorus
    Now I’m gonna go close my eyes,
    While the elves are locked inside,
    They’re gonna make something for me,
    Santa will put it under my tree,
    And tonight,
    Gonna try with all my might,
    To get to sleep, leave it all behind,
    That’s the only thing on my mind.

What I never get,
    Is what is the deal with all of the mistletoe?
    Kiss someone you just met,
    And that you’ll never know

Repeat Chorus

Bridge

Now darling, Christmas comes slow,
    Cos we’re all up at 2am,
    Watching the falling snow,
    Waiting for Santa to pick up his useless glasses,
    And read our name,
    And come down the chimney,
    Walk up to our tree,
    And leave something there

Repeat Chorus

Thanks to Calizzle4 and Sm160 for making these ^ amazing graphics!

Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 4:10 AM

13TSwizzle13 wrote:
    Here's my entry! No sad bumping faces! This is a really silly song :P But its sooo true cos on Friday I asked someone in Year 13 "Why does Santa wear glasses?" and she didn't know :P So yeah, hope ya like it :) x

Hahaha that's hilarious! Your song really did make me chuckle, thank-you for entering :)

Graphic made by me and TaylorFanDenmark :)

Want to read an extract from my diary?http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2280602#post_18534653

Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 4:32 AM

its not the best song its just what christmas means to me.

the Christmas tree is lit with lights
    star shinning quite so bright
    table filled with food
    for me and him and her and you

bells are ringing
    people are singing
    the star is shining qute so bright
    to lead us through the evening night

but Christmas isn’t all about that
    presents are getting wrapped
    but I don’t want nothing this year
    all I want is some Christmas cheer.

You could get me anything I want
    But i wont care if its big or strong
    I just want one thing for christmas
    Spread the Christmas cheer
    And I don’t need a gift wrapped here
    To have a great day

Cause Christmas isn’t all about that
    To share with you

I don’t want a thing this year
    if I don’t have you

Christmas is a time for cheer
    And having fun the whole new year.
    But its not worth the big old fuss
    If your not sitting next to us

Christmas isn’t all about that

And Christmas aint about the presents
    Its about spending time with you
    also could you message me when the winners are posted. thankyou

Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 5:38 AM

Swift06 wrote:
    its not the best song its just what christmas means to me.

That was brilliant! I really really like it! It also made me chuckle because your message at the end rhymed with the last line hahah :)
    Of course I will PM you when the results are up. Thank-you for entering!

Want to read an extract from my diary?http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2280602#post_18534653

Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 7:41 AM

I'm gonna enter soon I'm about half way through my song :)
    Come to my graphic shop :)

Made by TaylorSwiftFanForeverIt'sTimeToBeginAgain. SO cool!

Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 7:50 AM

It would never be me

Verse One:

I was standing there waiting
    Not hoping, just waiting
    Knowing that it would never be me

The other girls are laughing
    I'm standing on the sidelines
    In the shadow of the Christmas tree

I can smell the pine needles
    I can see the glitter sparkle
    But in the middle is the mistletoe
    And I know

Chorus:

That it'll never be me
    I'm just the one you can't see
    Hiding in the shadows
    While the others dance in light

Watching and waiting,
    Never hoping,
    Time is taken
    Just watching you under the mistletoe

And knowing that it will never, never
    Be me.

Verse Two:

I was standing there waiting
    Not hoping, just waiting
    Knowing that it would never be me

Everyone is moving on,
    The time for laughs and greetings is gone
    They're sitting down in silence
    But I stand up alone.

I can smell the food they're bringing
    I can hear the crackers bursting
    But in the middle is the mistletoe
    And I know

Chorus

Verse Three:

You've left you're gone
    Like there was nothing wrong
    I can see you through the snowflakes
    And the frosted window pane

You're walking away
    From someone you never knew
    And now you never will

And it'll never never, be me.

Made by TaylorSwiftFanForeverIt'sTimeToBeginAgain. SO cool!

Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 8:26 AM

FearlessGirlWithAGuitar wrote:
    I'm gonna enter soon I'm about half way through my song :)
    Come to my graphic shop :)

Oh your song was just beautiful, the second half of the first verse took my breath away!

Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Hey can I change mine to one that talks about a bad heartbreak that happened around Christmas? If no, then just count my earlier entry. If yes then here it is:)
    Please pm me when results are up! Thanks

FROSTBITTEN COLD AND FROZEN LOVE
    This morning is cold
    Just like my heart
    It's hard to hold together 
    when you're flying apart

No leaves on the trees
    It's time to believe
    Youre never ever ever coming back to me

CHORUS
    And the weather outside matches me perfectly
    It's snowing out there and it's snowing in me
    My heart is freezing over and I'm coming undone
    Frostbitten cold and frozen love
    Trying to stay warm but it's so hard to do
    I'm freezing in the snow all because of you 
    My heart is freezing over and I'm coming undone
    Frostbitten cold and frozen love

I used to love the winter time
    Now it just reminds me of when you were mine
    The snowflakes are falling and i should go inside
    But that's where memories of you like to hide

Frost creeping across the pictures
    Blocking out my face
    Now it looks like youre alone 
    Smiling Happily  in an empty place

CHORUS

It's too cold tonight
    For me to sleep 
    So I reach over and turn on the light
    Grab a pen and a blank paper sheet

Writing down coldness now
    And rhyming words with you
    Freezing sky and Snowy ground
    Inside I'm writing this song to you

CHORUS

OUTRO
    Frostbitten, cold and lonely
    Didn't wanna believe it but now you've shown me
    No fire can warm the cold inside
    And oh I know cuz oh I've tried

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 7:50 AM

longlivetaylor...4ever&always wrote:
    Hey can I change mine to one that talks about a bad heartbreak that happened around Christmas? If no, then just count my earlier entry. If yes then here it is:)
    Please pm me when results are up! Thanks

Of course you can, thanks for taking an interest in this contest! :)

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Here's my entry!

Underneath The Mistletoe

click here to listen! (I'm a little out of tune (and "think of" is meant to echo. Also, the words are different. The lyrics below are the correct ones!)

Verse 1:
    All I want is you but you'll never see
    The sparks that fly between you and me
    I don't know if you feel them to
    But I all I can think of (think of think of) is you you you

Chorus:
    And if you were my Christmas present
    Then Christmas couldn't come fast enough
    If you were my time well-spent
    Then I'd never ever need cheering up
    Baby you're all I need but you'll never know
    That you're all I want underneath the mistletoe

Verse 2:
    All I want is you, to stay here
    Be my Valentine, every year
    I wish you could see how good we'd be
    And I wish that all you could think of (think of think of) was me me mel

Chorus

Ooh yeah oh yeah oh yeah

Do do lala dada

And if you were my Christmas present
    Then Christmas couldn't come, Christmas couldn't come, Christmas couldn't come

Chorus
    Chorus

^Primafacie

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 8:27 AM

JJ13 wrote:
    Here's my entry!

Underneath The Mistletoe

click here to listen! (I'm a little out of tune (and "think of" is meant to echo. Also, the words are different. The lyrics below are the correct ones!)

Thanks so much for entering, the recording really helped out! :)

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 8:41 AM

RachelLovesTaylor wrote:
    JJ13 wrote:
    Here's my entry!

Underneath The Mistletoe

Thanks so much for entering, the recording really helped out! :)

You're welcome :D

^Primafacie

RE: RACHELLOVESTAYLOR'S SONGWRITING CONTEST

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 5:02 PM

It's really not even close to my best song, (it's actually pretty bad) but still it's an entry!! thank you :)

{UNDER THE MISTLETOE}
    I remember their first Christmas
    Eight years old and life was so bliss.
    They hid in the garden while their parents were joking 'round.

He had subtly joked as well
    That under the mistletoe with silver bells
    He'd steal her first kiss and together with rings they'd be bound.

These two friends
    May be something more.
    She'd spent her whole life
    Not knowing what to look for.
    But little did she know that
    It was right under the mistletoe.

Few years later he showed up to her door
    With a red rose bouquet and in his eyes she saw
    True compassion, love and it would seem

They were the most perfect match
    And his heart was such a catch
    She was 18 still chasing a dream.

Her heart had been left broken.
    He healed it with a song
    Of a girl spending her lonely life
    Looking in places that were wrong.
    But little did she know that
    Under the mistletoe

Was her one true love
    The one who could make her laugh.
    The one who turned her life around
    The boy who promised from the start that

Those two friends
    Would always be together.
    Their fairytale love
    It was meant for forever
    With the twinkle in his eyes
    They weren't meant for goodbyes...

Of course he did know
    They belonged under the mistletoe.

Stay Fearlessly Beautiful,

TaylorRose xx

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I'm not a very good song writer at all but i just want to say these are all really good lyrics from all of you!

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 4:28 AM

TaylorRoseSwift13 wrote:
    It's really not even close to my best song, (it's actually pretty bad) but still it's an entry!! thank you :)

Wow... if that's not close to your best song then I'd love to read some of your best ones! It was brilliant, thank-you so much for entering!

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I hope I can still enter!!! Round One

Title: “This Year (In The Storm)”

V1:
    Falling snowflakes,
    Finally I’m awake
    All the pain it takes….
    To watch you walk away.
    I still remember last night,
    I know now that you really meant
    Every miserable word you said.

Chorus:
    It was the first Christmas
    I’d be missing you.
    The words you said burned deep
    And melted the snow.
    No matter how much
    My heart screamed ‘don’t go’
    You disappeared in the storm.

V2:
    I stayed there for a little while
    Until the shock wore off.
    I finally got up
    And I walked on for miles.
    Was it my entire fault?
    It wasn’t just me who broke it off…
    I stared at the Christmas lights,
    Everybody has them up
    What a surprise on a deserted street.
    Most of the lights are blue,
    Just like your eyes.
    And they’re glowing brighter now.

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:
    The ice really is pretty, isn’t it?
    You can see right through it,
    No secrets you can hide.
    And you can search your whole life
    And I bet you won’t find
    Another girl who was honest like I was.

Outro:
    On a cold Christmas night
    I got lost in the lights.
    The words said burned deep
    Like the passion you once felt for me.
    I don’t know what to say.
    So I’ll just walk away.
    I hope you had a nice Christmas
    This year.

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Wow, that's depressing hahahaha

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.