Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

I NEED ADVICE! PLEASE.

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I really need advice, from anyone and everyone - so please read this despite it's length, because I've been working for a supermarket for about 15 months, and despite a good start, things have become just so bad there for me - mainly because of a number of incidents between myself and my mean boss. So, I'm really considering quitting. Here are the things I'm just so annoyed about that make me want to quit...

- A couple months into working, I told my boss my netball season was back on. And, because I work on Saturdays, I told him I might be needing to stop work on Sat. He was nice at first, but then, when I gave him the list of dates I'd miss out on, he pretty much yelled at me and threatened to fire me if I didn't work on Saturdays. So I kept the job, I needed the money, but I gave up netball.

- My boss wanted to give my Saturday shift to someone else. After making a huge angry fuss and threatening to fire me for wanting to play netball on Saturday.

- My boss asked me to work someone else's shift, I said yes. He told me I was gonna start at 4:30, and he called me at 4:00 and angrilly scolded me about being late. When I defended myself saying that he told me to come at 4:30, he didn't give me a sincere apology for his outburst. He just said, "Okay. Sorry, I guess." And hung up!

- My boss never acknowledges me when I come into work. He just looks at me and walks away. Rarely does he say hi, or if I say hi to him, he won't respond. So i've stopped saying hello.

- He swapped my Friday shift with another a girl, so I would work Tuesday and she could work Friday, but then after four months or so, he abruptly swaps us back and we both wanted to keep our shifts. I asked him if we could keep it as is, and he laughs in my face and so rudely responds as, "So... what's your problem!? I don't think that's a big issue. We don't need to worry about that."

I want to quit. Because I hate my boss and I hate working there. I'm miserable there. But the thing holding me back is, I need the money. If I quit and can't find another job for a couple of months or so, I won't be making any cash - I really need advice fellow Swifties, should I quit or stay?

^ My second one, and I'm not normally the type to make stuff like this, so be proud - and please don't steal it ;3

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: I NEED ADVICE! PLEASE.

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:58 PM

If I was you I would keep the job just until I found a new one. Actually I had some similar stuff going on a few months ago and I kept the job just until I found a new one. And let me tell you it felt great to quit! But for now keep being a good hard worker and try to make friends with like an assistant manager or something who you can use as a reference when you start applying for other jobs. Good luck!

Re: I NEED ADVICE! PLEASE.

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 7:04 PM

That's what my Dad said I should do. I've already made friends with a couple seniors, who have both told me that I've been the best junior worker there in a long time - thanks for the advice, I just really hate it there. Whenever I get calls from them or a text, I don't even want to respond. It takes a lot for me to behave like this towards a profession or whatever, and I may sound like a whining child. But I just really hate it there. I'm worried it'll take me months to find a new job and I'll be stuck there for ages :s

^ My second one, and I'm not normally the type to make stuff like this, so be proud - and please don't steal it ;3

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I know how you feel kind of. My last job was terrible. It wasn't the job I didn't like but it was our general manager. She played favorites and would literally hire new people every week or so, so we had way more employees than hours. As a result I would get scheduled hardly any hours and then she would call me short notice to see if I could cover someone's shift. I would get so mad because I would have to drop everything to go to work on an hours notice but I needed the money so I would have to. She was such a jerk and all we ever were to her was a number, except for her few favorites. If I was you I would spend your next day off just applying for jobs. The more you places you apply the better your chances. That's what I did and I got new job pretty quickly and I like it way better.

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 7:13 PM

R3B3CC4 wrote:
    If I was you I would keep the job just until I found a new one. Actually I had some similar stuff going on a few months ago and I kept the job just until I found a new one. And let me tell you it felt great to quit! But for now keep being a good hard worker and try to make friends with like an assistant manager or something who you can use as a reference when you start applying for other jobs. Good luck!

Good Advice! You want to keep your current job until you find a new one .... and that may take some time in today's job market. Good luck in your search!

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Thanks guys :)
    Well here's to hoping I get a new one soon :\

RE: I NEED ADVICE! PLEASE.

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 2:44 AM

I was in the same position as you - I said i couldn't work Sunday mornings because of church - they would put me on all day.

My advice to you is quit. If you're in a bad workplace, you're just doing yourself harm. There will be other places to work, FAR better than that. You should've quit work instead of Netball. You feel so much better after you've gone - trust me.
    Stay Fearlessly Beautiful,

TaylorRose xx

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 2:48 AM

keep your current work for now and star t finding a new one.if you get something better then you can leave it!!!!!!
    taylor is the best thing that's ever been mine.....

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 3:04 AM

TaylorRoseSwift13 wrote:
    I was in the same position as you - I said i couldn't work Sunday mornings because of church - they would put me on all day.

My advice to you is quit. If you're in a bad workplace, you're just doing yourself harm. There will be other places to work, FAR better than that. You should've quit work instead of Netball. You feel so much better after you've gone - trust me.

TaylorRose xx

I definitely agree with you. But I have so many people saying to me, "Stay until you find another one!"

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 3:11 AM

dcb1995 wrote:
    TaylorRoseSwift13 wrote:

TaylorRose xx

I definitely agree with you. But I have so many people saying to me, "Stay until you find another one!"

I know it seems like you should stay for the money, I think that my biggest regret was not getting away sooner. Like I ummed and ahhed about quitting for a while and then I got caught up in a massive argument with the person who does the rosters. Make sure you start putting resumes in as soon as possible and just apply everywhere. I mean it all comes down to your gut feeling, but I wish that as soon as I was having trouble in my workplace I had quit. It just wasn't a good place for me to be at all. Now I'm at a great place with great people (Target) and I only wish I got a job here sooner. So just think about it, talk to your parents more about it, but at the end of the day it comes down to what you're feeling and if you feel that you want to, or have the right to keep waiting around until a new job comes along.

TaylorRose xx

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 3:12 AM

You're a fellow Melbournian :D that is awesome!!! ;)

TaylorRose xx

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Well go round and hand out your resume to everyone you'd like to work for then wait for the call. Which supermarket do you work for?
    ex oh
    taylor_xo

^MADE BY ME!!!!!

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 3:19 AM

TaylorRoseSwift13 wrote:
    dcb1995 wrote:
    TaylorRoseSwift13 wrote:

TaylorRose xx

I know it seems like you should stay for the money, I think that my biggest regret was not getting away sooner. Like I ummed and ahhed about quitting for a while and then I got caught up in a massive argument with the person who does the rosters. Make sure you start putting resumes in as soon as possible and just apply everywhere. I mean it all comes down to your gut feeling, but I wish that as soon as I was having trouble in my workplace I had quit. It just wasn't a good place for me to be at all. Now I'm at a great place with great people (Target) and I only wish I got a job here sooner. So just think about it, talk to your parents more about it, but at the end of the day it comes down to what you're feeling and if you feel that you want to, or have the right to keep waiting around until a new job comes along.

TaylorRose xx

Aw well lucky you! It's good that you've ended up at a good job :)
    I feel like my gut is telling me to just get up and quit, but the logical part of my brain is telling me to stay and then I have people telling me to quit and people telling me to stay, so it just really gets me all confused even further :s
    But jobs are hard to find - like I had a friend who hated her job at a bakery, so she quit, and couldn't find a job for almost two years. She only just got hired this month :s And that makes me think I should stay. But then I remember I HATE my boss. The only reason I've been there this long is for the money

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 3:20 AM

taylor_xo wrote:
    Well go round and hand out your resume to everyone you'd like to work for then wait for the call. Which supermarket do you work for?
    ex oh
    taylor_xo

^MADE BY ME!!!!!

I think I might have to, and soon.
    Oh, I don't think I want to say - just incase they have like, superhuman powers and find me hahaha :\

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 3:21 AM

TaylorRoseSwift13 wrote:

TaylorRose xx

Hehehe yeah! I'll add you as a friend :3

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 3:22 AM

dcb1995 wrote:
    TaylorRoseSwift13 wrote:

TaylorRose xx

Hehehe yeah! I'll add you as a friend :3

What part of Melbourne are you from? I'm eastern suburbs.

TaylorRose xx

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 3:24 AM

dcb1995 wrote:
    taylor_xo wrote:
    ex oh
    taylor_xo

^MADE BY ME!!!!!

I think I might have to, and soon.
    Oh, I don't think I want to say - just incase they have like, superhuman powers and find me hahaha :\

Oh it's ok I have some friends that work at coles and woolworths and they don't like them much either

ex oh
    taylor_xo

^MADE BY ME!!!!!

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 3:24 AM

dcb1995 wrote:
    TaylorRoseSwift13 wrote:
    dcb1995 wrote:
    TaylorRoseSwift13 wrote:

TaylorRose xx

TaylorRose xx

Aw well lucky you! It's good that you've ended up at a good job :)
    I feel like my gut is telling me to just get up and quit, but the logical part of my brain is telling me to stay and then I have people telling me to quit and people telling me to stay, so it just really gets me all confused even further :s
    But jobs are hard to find - like I had a friend who hated her job at a bakery, so she quit, and couldn't find a job for almost two years. She only just got hired this month :s And that makes me think I should stay. But then I remember I HATE my boss. The only reason I've been there this long is for the money

Yeah it's really hard to try and decide :/

TaylorRose xx

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Wow! That sounds like your boss has a problem! Mabey he needs to listen to Taylor Swift to cheer him up! (haha) I'd just say to keep your head high or quit and look for a new job (hopefully with a better boss)
    Hope this helps:)

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Keep your head held high and try not to let your boss get to your head. If I were you I would deal with it for a while until I got a new job but if work is really frustrating you and annoying you then I suggest to quit and just have a bit of a break and apply for a new job where you know there is a friendly environment! Hope that this has helped you a bit! I wish you all the best :) xx

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Ask around and try to find another job (before u quit the one you already have) make sure it's something you enjoy and are good at! And if not, talk to your parents about it! ( I know that sounds stupid ) but maybe they could talk to your boss! Just hang in there:)
    My songbook:
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2214291/page/3#post_18344653

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.