Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Mindless TV

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Hi Everyone,

I thought it would be fun for people to talk about the mindless TV they watch to relax - that stuff that is so incredibly dumb and useless, except for the fact that it gives us a chance to veg out. I don't watch much TV, but was thinking this week about what we will watch when my step son is home next week for Christmas. He always has us watching Wipeout, which is a competition show where they send contestants through difficult, and often messy, obstacle courses, on a race to see who will win a cash reward. It's funny and totally ridiculous - great stuff for my step-son who is finishing up a degree in chemical engineering. If anyone needs mindless TV now-and-then, it's him!

So, how about you guys? What "junk" do you watch?
Illinois Country Fan

Thanks to Cali for the graphics!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: Mindless TV

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Haha yea, anybody in the process of completing any kind of engineering degree needs something to just chill out and de-stress to.

Personally though I can't watch any kind of mindless TV. If I do it just feels like my brain is rotting away...

Re: Mindless TV

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I watch a lot of the Kardashians...

^Primafacie

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 11:45 AM

JJ13 wrote:

^Primafacie

Now there's the epitomy of mindless! That's what I'm talking about!
    Illinois Country Fan

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Illinois Country Fan wrote:
    JJ13 wrote:

^Primafacie

Now there's the epitomy of mindless! That's what I'm talking about!
    Illinois Country Fan

^I agree^

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant, 16 & Pregnant, Engaged & Underaged, 19 Kids & Counting, Extreme Couponing, Toddlers & Tiaras, Kate Plus 8, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Giuliana & Bill, Married to Jonas, Girls of the Playboy Mansion (I think it's called "Girls Next Door" in the US).

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Clueless wrote:
    I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant, 16 & Pregnant, Engaged & Underaged, 19 Kids & Counting, Extreme Couponing, Toddlers & Tiaras, Kate Plus 8, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Giuliana & Bill, Married to Jonas, Girls of the Playboy Mansion (I think it's called "Girls Next Door" in the US).

That's embarrassing that we call Girls of the Playboy Mansion "Girls Next Door" here! There's just something wrong with that!
    Illinois Country Fan

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 6:33 PM

David wrote:
    Haha yea, anybody in the process of completing any kind of engineering degree needs something to just chill out and de-stress to.

Personally though I can't watch any kind of mindless TV. If I do it just feels like my brain is rotting away...

I agree with David. I cannot stomach the ridiculous nonsense that is being put out there and being passed off as entertainment these days.
    I watch Business shows primarily, Political shows secondarry, with some CMT thrown in on the weekend, ( music videos & country entertainment news ONLY ).
    Other than that, I'll find something positive to do, like come onto TC, ride one of my bikes for cardio, or study my homework that never, ever, seems to be complete, as one of my jobs is my involvement in the Equities Markets. The homework for that is constant, and never ending..............................

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.