Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

anna's songwriting contest :)

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM

This will, no doubt, fail miserably, as things I've created like this have failed in the past. But for quite some time I've wanted to start my own songwriting contest. And I was just like, "You want this, you'll never know you're going to fail till you try." So here it is.

Basically, you'll get about a week to post a song to a theme I've chosen, I'll judge them, and post the result on Sunday (my definite day off of work). It will be a point system (1st- 3 points, 2nd - 2 points, 3rd - 1 point, and if I randomly think of an award - 1 point) and there will be 16 rounds. My only "rule" is no cursing please :)

ROUND THREE
theme is: FAMILY
Idk, I'm feeling particularly fond of my mom and little brother right now...
so a song about someone special in your family,
or someone in your life you count as family :)

deadline: january 20th

LEADERBOARD:
Taylor14Firefly -3
GraceLindsey13 - 3
SwiftieKat - 2
LIFE4US - 1
fearlesslybeatingheart - 1

RESULTS:

round one:

1st place: GraceLindsey13

round two:
1st place: Tyler by Taylor14Firefly
2nd place: Million Dollar Question by SwiftieKat
3rd place: Say It by LIFE4US
Best lyric: "When I look deep in your blue eyes, we break again the same cold ice"
- Blue Eyes by fearlesslybeatingheart
*avatar and signature made by xosweetgirl18ox*

I miss you baby girl...
~1996-2012~

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: anna's songwriting contest :)

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I'll post one tomorrow:)

Credit to Kate (ThroughTheFreeFall)

credit to LikeAPerfectRhyme!:)
    THE FLAWLESS ANYTHING (BEAUTIFULTRAGEDY) MADE ME T

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 7:06 PM

^ I'm very excited :D

I miss you baby girl...
    ~1996-2012~

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I am going to try and write a christmas song, but I've been struggling -_-

I've written several worship songs, but no christmas songs. I'll try enter!!!
    Grace Lindsay
    Singer/Songwriter/Performer/Novelist
    13 years old
    Swifty
    www.gracelindsay.net

My song book: http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2217701/page/1?r=17070952#post_17070952

I'd be ENCHANTED if you would check it out :)

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 7:17 PM

^ haha I know! I had to write one for another contest and it took so much thinking to find the right words, like hours. I'm trying to write a song for a contest now and things are just not flowing lol

I miss you baby girl...
    ~1996-2012~

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM

*hoping people will join* *in what seems in vain*

I miss you baby girl...
    ~1996-2012~

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Well, I've never written a Christmas song, and it's not great, but it's so hot today I can't think

So here it is :)

Christmas without you

Christmas lights dot the town
    Every second house is covered roof to ground
    Everyone is spreading the love
    Christmas trees are all up
    It’s really warm and bright
    Kids will sleep tight
    This Christmas eve
    Knowing Santa’s packed his sleigh and is coming

But I’m not waiting for Santa this year
    Cuz all I want is for you to be here

(Chorus)
    And the presents under the tree
    Don’t matter to me
    And there won’t be snow this year
    There never is here
    And you won’t be
    With me
    It’s not what I want to do
    But, I’ll spend Christmas without you

Presents piled under the tree
    Lights on every house down the street
    But I’m not really feeling the Christmas cheer
    This year
    Cuz I’m still waiting on you
    To come through
    I hope an angel
    Will whisper in your ear
    And you’ll come running to me,
    Come back here

Cuz you don’t see how much you mean to me
    You don’t know, that all I want for Christmas is you

(Repeat Chorus)

And the sleigh bells ring
    Hooves on the roof
    But they don’t matter to me
    Cuz all I want is you
    But if you don’t come near
    I’ll spend next year
    Trying to get through
    Cuz I don’t want to spend another Christmas without you

And the presents under the tree
    Don’t matter to me
    And there won’t be snow this year
    There never is here
    And you won’t be
    With me
    It’s not what I want to do
    But, I’ll spend Christmas without you

Grace Lindsay
    13 years old
    Swifty
    www.gracelindsay.net

My song book: http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2217701/page/1?r=17070952#post_17070952

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 8:19 PM

^ oh my, that's really good! I love it!
    Haha I know! It's been warm here. Yesterday it was 60 degrees!! D: Today was like 45.

I miss you baby girl...
    ~1996-2012~

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 4:38 PM

TheGirlInTheDress_x wrote:
    ^ oh my, that's really good! I love it!
    Haha I know! It's been warm here. Yesterday it was 60 degrees!! D: Today was like 45.

I miss you baby girl...
    ~1996-2012~

Celcius or Farenheit?

Cuz where I live everything is in Celcius, and 60 would be killing people. literally.
    It was 35 here on christmas day, and that was too hot
    Grace Lindsay
    13 years old
    Swifty
    www.gracelindsay.net

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Bump :)
    Grace Lindsay
    13 years old
    Swiftie
    www.gracelindsay.net

Please enter my song writing competition!!!
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2363913/page/1?r=19949873#post_19949873

Please check out my songbook

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 12:13 PM

When's the next round? I want to enter!!

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 12:17 PM

No second round;)

Both Made By Topaz www.taylorswift.com/users/wonderstruckkitty

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Is there a second round? I really want to enter!
    'Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right'

Come and check out my songwriting in my blogs! I would be Enchanted if you did!

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Welllllll only one person entered the first round. :P do y'all want me to continue that round another week or start a new one?

*by xosweetgirl18ox*

I miss you baby girl...
    ~ 1996-2012 ~

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Okay, I decided Grace will get three points, and then I'll start round two, since quite a few of y'all are interested in it.

ROUND TWO
    theme is: CRUSHES
    about wanting someone you can't have,
    wanting someone who doesn't know,
    wanting someone so much it hurts...
    this is my life right now :P

deadline: january 6th

*by xosweetgirl18ox*

I miss you baby girl...
    ~ 1996-2012 ~

RE: anna's songwriting contest :)

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 7:33 AM

this song is for round two about a blue eyed boy

"Blue Eyes"

Verse 1:
    Babe
    you are the only one
    that brings me light
    even when sun is gone
    Can't stand
    no more to pretend
    this was it
    It ain't over, the end

Yet I come to realize
    that this love never dies
    No matter what obstacles we face
    our feelings won't ever change

Chorus:
    When I look deep in your blue eyes
    we break again the same cold ice
    I get lost, I get drawn
    it's you I wanna hold upon
    But if it doesn't come right
    I'll always recall your eyes at night
    Those who made me so naively fall
    desperate for your love

Verse 2:
    Babe
    you have a special charm
    You're so lonely
    but at the same time warm
    Can't help
    thinking of your blue eyes
    They're the light
    in the darkness of my nights

It is always your eyes
    so deep blue, never told me lies
    You differ from the other guys
    I'm not the one who only tries

Chorus
    Verse 3:
    Please baby hold me tight
    Whisper in my ear words at night
    I'm sure you'll always love me
    This feeling can no one stop it

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I really want to enter, but I'm sorry.
    I can't anymore.

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 9:32 PM

say it

verse 1:
    you're standing right in front of me
    and i count everything that you can't see
    how every night i pray you'll say i love you
    how i'm in love with you too

pre-chorus 1:
    you won't say it
    but i can see it

chorus:
    baby i could tell you that i love you
    and you could tell that me you love me too
    but i won't say it
    until you say it
    i don't wanna lose you
    and i just love everything you do
    just say it
    and i'll say it too

verse 2:
    and i can see it in your eyes
    how they twinkle when they shine
    i just wanna show you
    it's fine 'cause i feel it too

pre-chorus 2:
    and you won't tell me
    'cause you don't wanna lose me

chorus:
    baby i could tell you that i love you
    and i could tell that me you love me too
    but i won't say it
    until you say it
    i don't wanna lose you
    and i just love everything you do
    just say it
    and i'll say it too

bridge:
    say it
    say that you need me
    say it
    say that you love me
    'cause baby i can feel it
    i know you feel it too
    just say it once; that's all i need
    just say i love you

verse 3:
    i hope someday
    that you and i will say
    the words we want to say
    to say
    i love you

please please PM us results??? :)

^SparklyFearlessGirl13^

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM

GraceLindsay13 wrote:
    I really want to enter, but I'm sorry.
    I can't anymore.

Why not?? I love all your songs!

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I need like three people to enter! :P And yeah, why Lindsey?! You're amazing. :)

*by xosweetgirl18ox*

I miss you baby girl...
    ~ 1996-2012 ~

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:36 PM

This is my entry; it's called Tyler and about this senior I liked last year. I hope you like it!

9/15/12
    Tyler

Sometimes I stumble across a photograph of you-
    Sometimes I wish I could’ve been laughin’ with you.

Time flies.
    It’s gone, good-bye.
    Maybe if I had tried...
    Well, maybe’s why I’m left, with regrets.
    You left for college-
    Never even had the knowledge,
    That I loved you.
    Well, now the walls are who I talk to...

I never told you...
    All the things that I wanted to...
    So,

Tyler,
    How’s Florida? Does the sun always shine?
    Are you having a good time?
    Did you leave that girl of yours behind?
    Is she ever on your mind?
    Why didn’t I tell you that you should’ve been mine?
    -Sometimes you cross my mind...

It wasn’t fast, but it wasn’t slow.
    My fall just happened, leaving me here on this long and winding road.
    Our names just echo, together.
    We would’ve been great together.
    But then you found you liked warmer weather.
    If we’re being honest,
    It would’ve been nice to had have the knowledge,
    Of what it would be like to kiss you.
    But, now the walls are who I talk to...

I never told you...
    All the things that I wanted to...
    So,

Tyler,

Tyler,
    Did you know that you have the prettiest blue eyes around?
    Are you being treated well now?
    Are you finding everything you wanted now?
    Have you seen any brown-eyed girls that remind you of one back here in this town?
    Why didn’t I say something before summer came around?
    -Sometimes I wish you’d come back to this town...

You never saw me.
    You never loved me.
    No.
    You never knew.
    You never knew how much I wanted you.
    Oh, why did I ever let you go?

Tyler,

Baby,
    How’s Orlando? Does the sun always shine?
    Do you ever wish for someone to fill your nights?
    Was I ever on your mind?
    Did you ever even wonder about that brown-eyed girl you passed in the halls all the time?
    -I hope you’re having a great life, without me.

Tyler,
    Why couldn’t I see it in time?
    Why couldn’t I tell you in time?
    Oh, why didn’t I tell you that you should’ve been mine?

Yeah, sometimes you cross my mind...
    And,

Sometimes I stumble across a photograph of you-
    Sometimes I wish I could’ve been laughin’ with you.
    You still have the prettiest blue eyes around...

I take pictures and write, especially poetry. Check out my website to see it all! http://taylorbreeding.com

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.