1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Hogwarts Writing Class

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Update: I've extended the deadline to the end of the month... So until the 31st... And I'll try and grade them as soon as possible! :)

Note:
Hi guys!!! I'm so sorry I didn't post on the 6th!! It's been a little hectic lately... My grandma's in the hospital (she's okay), and I got a new cat, and I'm working on a big project, and I've had no time to go on TC! :( But I think I'll be pretty much free for the next week... I'll try and get on TC more!

Hey Swifties!!!

This is the classroom of Hogwart's official writing class!! The term starts on January 6th, so I'll have the first assignment posted soon!! I'll PM you all when I have the assignment up! :)

I'm Claire, and I've been writing since I was 4 or 5... Though those stories were mostly crayon and sticker stories... But I can assure you, I've got a little more skill under my belt than I did when I was five...

My assistant is TheLuckySwiftie, who will be helping me with writing, especially the songwriting part, since I have little experience in that genre of writing... :/

In this class we will be writing in various genres including fiction, songwriting, poetry, among others.

So, introduce yourself! Say hi!! I'll be posting the first assignment soon, once I figure out the list of Swifties involved :)

Unfortunately, sign-ups are closed, but I'd keep your eye out in case a 2nd semester ever rolls around!!

Assignments:
-The first assignment is a freewrite!!! Write anything you want!! It can be fiction, non-fiction, songwriting, whatever floats your boat! :) I can be as long or as short as you want it to be. Since I haven't posted the assignment until now, (1/10/13), I'll give you longer to do it... So the due date is Sunday the 20th, though I might extend it to the 25th...

Also: You can either post on here or PM me your work.

Grading:
I haven't yet decided on how to grade you. There will definitely be something on turning in your assignment on time and the amount of effort put into it and eventually other factors, though I'm still thinking about it...

Here's the class list:

1) BenLove_4Taylor (http://taylorswift.com/account/mail/new/D9c2CuNf)
2) Begin_Again13 (http://taylorswift.com/account/mail/new/K9gkBmJI)
3) SwiftiesRuleTheWorld (http://taylorswift.com/account/mail/new/EVPEDXlV)
4) MapleLattes_SparkleDresses (http://taylorswift.com/account/mail/new/EEmbjIXN)
5) Anna13_Tonks (http://taylorswift.com/account/mail/new/annab)
6) Taylor's Swifties (http://taylorswift.com/account/mail/new/i3s3eCzn)
7) SwiftieForeva (http://taylorswift.com/account/mail/new/jaSsCWzL)

Made by the wonderful Sprinkle PIe Taco Moo!

Cheese

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Hogwarts Writing Class

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Hey all!

By SwiftieForever 13
    [url=http://i50.tinypic.com/2w341ht.jpg]http://i50.tinypic.com/2w341ht.jpg[/url][IMG][/signature]

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 7:25 AM

hey all!!!!

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Hey everyone it is me Grace/FMWC13 :D

I lovelovelove Taylor A. Swift

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 8:35 AM

:D I am maplelattes_sparklydresses, this is my new username

I lovelovelove Taylor A. Swift

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Hi guys! I'm really excited for this class! I mainly enrolled to learn more about writing songs ^^

by me (:

RE: Hogwarts Writing Class

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Hiya!!

Amazing graphic made by enchanted21 :)

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 12:44 PM

hey everyone!

I sing and play guitar and piano. Add me? Xxx

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Hi everybody!!! I'll try and have the first assignment posted soon!!! :)

Cheese

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Sign me up.

-Topaz
    ~Swiftie#1

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM

the_walls_we_crashed_through_13 wrote:
    Sign me up.

-Topaz
    ~Swiftie#1

I hate to say this, but unfortunately sign-ups are closed. But I'd keep an eye out in case another semester ever rolls around ;)

Cheese

Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Berrysis wrote:
    Hi everybody!!! I'll try and have the first assignment posted soon!!! :)

Cheese

Can't wait for it! :D

Amazing graphic made by enchanted21 :)

Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Hi guys!!! I'm so sorry I didn't post on the 6th!! It's been a little hectic lately... My grandma's in the hospital (she's okay), and I got a new cat, and I'm working on a big project, and I've had no time to go on TC! :( But I think I'll be pretty much free for the next week... I'll try and get on TC more!

Cheese

Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Hey! I'm so sorry I've been really busy coming back from camp and then I'm going away this week as well so I'm not sure I'll get to complete the assignment in time! I'll try really hard and I'm really sorry if I dont get it in on time!

STOP BULLYING

cloudnine, Av, ForeverEnchanted13

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Okay, working on my story. I write stories, by the way. It's long, but I think I want to get to the end before I post it, because it's kinda exciting, I think!

By SwiftieForever 13
    [url=http://i50.tinypic.com/2w341ht.jpg]http://i50.tinypic.com/2w341ht.jpg[/url][IMG][/signature]

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I'm sorry i didn't tell this before, but, @tayloraswift13 dropped out of this class, :( I'm sorry!

| Caitlin | Annie |

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:01 PM

SwiftiesRuleTheWorld wrote:
    Hey! I'm so sorry I've been really busy coming back from camp and then I'm going away this week as well so I'm not sure I'll get to complete the assignment in time! I'll try really hard and I'm really sorry if I dont get it in on time!

STOP BULLYING

Alright, that's okay! :)

Cheese

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:01 PM

SwiftieForeva wrote:
    Okay, working on my story. I write stories, by the way. It's long, but I think I want to get to the end before I post it, because it's kinda exciting, I think!

By SwiftieForever 13
    [url=http://i50.tinypic.com/2w341ht.jpg]http://i50.tinypic.com/2w341ht.jpg[/url][IMG][/signature][/quote]

Awesome! :)

[signature][img="http://i46.tinypic.com/2pu0jsm.jpg"]

Cheese

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:02 PM

ColorsInAutumn wrote:
    I'm sorry i didn't tell this before, but, @tayloraswift13 dropped out of this class, :( I'm sorry!

| Caitlin | Annie |

Okay, thank you...

Cheese

Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Okay, so, posting the first half of my story. I'll do the second half late, because I need to polish off the ending.

The Queen of the Stars

Prologue

Dreah was laying on the soft summer grass, with her golden puppy, Sunshine, and her small kitten, Oreo. Sunshine lay across her belly, while Oreo lay by her feet. She was staring at the setting sun from her family’s hill. She thought she should be content with her life, but she simply wasn’t. She had no idea why, but no amount of will would bring the answer forth. She smiled slightly, the kind of smile that shows that you are a sad sort of happy.

Chapter One
    Space!
    A few months later, Dreah finally knew what she was looking for. School had just started, and the 5 ft. 4 inch girl was a striking figure. She had long wavy brown hair that fell exactly to her waist, crystal clear blue eyes, lightly tanned skin, and little freckles spread across her nose. She was 13, and just starting her second year of middle school. She had perfectly straight teeth and contacts (Not that anyone knew). She had painted her nails the lightest blue possible, and had pale blue flip-flops, sea green shorts, a sky blue tank top, and small green earrings.
    The class was in awe of her, but she really didn’t pay attention. She was on a quest to find what was missing. Her friends noticed immediately. The typically bubbly girl was shy and reserved. It felt like over the summer their best friend disappeared. They tried talking to her, but it didn’t help. Dreah was simply too busy with her quest, though she felt she was failing miserably. But not for long.
    At the first period after lunch, science with Mrs. Arken, she discovered that she was looking for space. Not just a little more room in her bedroom, no, she wanted the world outside of planet Earth. The stars, the planets, the sun. Space.
    But instead of coming back down to Earth, she hurtled even farther into space, only pausing to ask Mrs. Arken for the names of local astronomers.
    “Well, dearie, there is only one astronomer worth talking to around here. His name is Arthur Bontanie. He knows just about everything about space! Why do you wan-” She stopped short, noticing that Dreah was gone.

Chapter 2
    Mr. Bontanie
    Thump. Thump. Thump.
    “Hello, Mr. Bontanie? Are you here? I wish to speak with you!” Her fourth thump was cut off when a man opened the door.
    “What do you want?” A gruff voice asked. Dreah’s eyes widened at the sight of the man in front of her. He was very short and dirty. He was completely bald, but it didn’t appear so, because his head was covered with black smudges.
    “Hello. Are you Mr. Bontanie?” Dreah asked, trying to keep from staring at the man.
    “Nope. He lives next door.” The man motioned to a very large observatory. Dreah looked at it, and the door closed with a loud “smack!”
    “Well, thank you, Mr. I’m-too-busy-too-help-you.” Dreah muttered under her breath.
    She moved to the next home. She rang a rather ornate doorbell, and within no time at all, a man answered.
    “Hello. Are you Mr. Bontanie?” She asked.
    “Why yes. What are you doing here?” Mr. Bontanie asked. He was rather tall, with brown hair and blue eyes, with a lab coat on. And he was obviously a Canadian, with his accent. Almost exactly as she had imagined him.
    “My name is Dreah. I came here to look at the stars with one of your excellent telescopes. May I come in?” Dreah asked politely.
    “Of course! Say, would you like to look at a new device of mine? It should be able to do space travel!” The man was clearly very excited about his project.
    “Sure!” Dreah said. She was very excited as well. Space!
    “I am pleased to present… My space travel machine!” Mr. Bontanie cried. Dreah’s jaw literally dropped. “With it one can travel across the universe in a matter of seconds! Not even NASA may claim as much!”
    “Mr. Bontanie, may I use it?” Dreah asked quietly. Mr. Bontanie turned to look at her.
    “Why, I’d love to let you, but it is rather unstable. Even the slightest touch may destroy the connection. Sorry.” He seemed genuinely sad. “And you may never return.”
    “But I truly want to!” Dreah shouted. She was extremely upset. “I don’t find life worth living without it! I’d rather be stuck in space forever than on Earth! Please!” Dreah begged.
    “Well…if you want to…I guess. But promise you’ll be careful!” Mr. Bontanie said, suddenly fierce. “And stay by the transporter!”
    “Sure thing!” Dreah called from the edge of the transporter. “Bye!”
    “Wait! Your helmet!” Mr. Bontanie yelled. But it was to late. She was gone.
    On the other side of the Universe…
    “Where am I?” Dreah asked aloud. “Hey, I can breath! And I can hear! And gravity? Wait, why?” Dreah suddenly became worried. “Hey, can anyone here me? Help!” She looked about. She saw a huge green dome, and started running towards it. “Hey, help!”
    BOOM! The door of the base flew open, and green-looking people started coming towards her. Dreah ran the opposite direction.
    “Wait! You’re heading into the Watchooies’ home! They will destroy you!” The green things called. Dreah paused. The things caught up with her.
    “Come.” A female one said tersely. Dreah looked at her. She looked very much like a regular person. She had a soft voice, kind almond eyes, and long red hair. The only difference was the green skin. But in her eyes was a look Dreah would never forget. She was afraid, but of what?
    “Yes.” Dreah said, almost as a question. A male being handcuffed her, and started dragging her towards the dome. He too had the look of fear.
    “The Queen wishes to speak with you.” He stated.
    “Why? I’m not special, am I?” Dreah questioned. He ignored her, but seemed to sense her trepidation, and walked slightly slower.

Chapter 3
    Meeting the Queen
    Dreah was dragged into the green dome, and across a long, tall green hall. She was forced into a large, blue room fit for a queen. There she was forced into a chair, and cuffed to it. In the shadows of the room stood a figure, but after realizing she couldn’t see much, she started screaming.
    “Uh, hello? I am a free person, not a prisoner! Let me go!” She started trying to escape, but was unsuccessful.
    All of a sudden, there was a blare of trumpets. A voice boomed “Presenting... The Queen!” A thing swept into the room, causing all of the aliens to bow.
    “Well, look at what we have here. Who are you?” It asked. Dreah studied it more closely. It had a dark shade of green skin, was a tall, imposing woman. She had long green hair and brilliant green eyes. She wore a simple, light green dress, with simple green heels, but she rang of royalty. “Well?” She questioned, growing impatient.
    “I-I’m Dreah Monstraski, from Earth. Who are you, and where am I?” Dreah asked, somewhat frightened by the queen.
    “I am her royal highness Queen Sarah, Co-Queen of Katarah. How dare
    you address me with such a casual manner!” The queen, Sarah, was furious. But now Dreah was mad too.
    “Well, her royal highness, I was taken to this insult of a palace against my will! So how dare you authorize such actions in this kingdom!” Sarah gasped, but Dreah was not done yet. She wrenched free of the cuffed chair, and started storming about. “I did not want to end up here, where a royal pain would boss me around! So don’t yell at me for anything.” Dreah was a very imposing character now, now that she had told the queen who was going to be the boss around here.
    “Well, then.” The queen said quietly. Suddenly, “Guards! Take her away! Put her in The Pit.”
    Dreah was stunned as tall green aliens swarmed towards her. But only for a moment. She started to fight back. She swung her arms around, hitting heads and torsos, but the swarm did not falter. They ducked and twisted with unhuman grace, and started grabbing hold of her. She twisted and flailed, trying to get free. But there were too many. They overpowered her, and started dragging her to a cell on top of the red rock. It had a covered roof, floor, and many bars. The cell seemed to slowly sink into the ground. It frightened her, but she did not stop trying to escape. The aliens dragged her to the cell, and set her down inside. They quickly backed out, and closed and locked the door. They all started to jog back towards the dome before disappearing inside.
    The cell started sinking even faster. Red powder slowly trickled in, until the entire floor was covered. She muffled a shriek.
    How would she escape?

Chapter 4
    Escape
    She was freaking out. But she tried vainly to remain calm. It wouldn’t help her escape. She went and felt a cell bar. They were reasonably soft, but not enough that she could bend it enough to wiggle out. Or break it with her bare hands.
    But then she realized, she had a nail file! She was incredibly vain about her perfect nails. Would it work?
    She held her breath as she retrieved her nail file from her pocket. She held it to the top of a bar, and started rubbing it back and forth on the sharper side. It worked! She was making a dent in the bars. Whatever they were made of, it obviously was not a strong material. She started working much more quickly when she noticed the red sand almost to her knees.
    She quickly glanced around, to make sure there were no alien guards making sure she didn’t escape. There were none. She went back to work, working so quickly she almost had a heat burn on her hands.
    Almost there... Yes! She had broken one bar! She needed, however, to do the lower part of the bar, and at least one other. It would be harder on the bottom, for the dust was nearly to her waist. But then she had an idea. Maybe, just maybe, she could bend the bar now that it was broken. She hesitated, but she tried it anyway, reasoning that it would only take a little bit anyway. She grabbed the bar, and pushed forward. The bar moved forward as she pushed! That, too, had been a success.
    She tried squeezing out, for her shoulders were nearly level with the crust of the planet, or rock. She truly did not know. She didn’t fit! The bars were too close together. She tried pushing the other bars to the sides a little, so she could get out. She was in a panic. The red sand was nearly level with her head.
    Taking a deep breath of air, she squeezed her eyes shut, then plunged into the sand. She immediately wished she had not done so, for she was helpless. She couldn’t see, hear, breathe... She was going to die unless she found the cage bars. She wildly tried to swing her hands around, but it was hard. The sand was so packed together, she could barely move. Yet she was so scared, it gave her super energy. She flailed, and just as she thought she would never find the bars, her hands brushed something squishy.
    The metal! She swung back towards it, and then grabbed at it. She held on, and pushed herself out and up. She started to feel dim, and felt her grip on the bars loosen. She was about to die, when her hand pushed up and felt nothing.
    Air! The thought alone gave her just enough strength to pull upwards. And then...She sucked in fresh air. Almost right away the dizziness faded, and the blackness seeped away. Dreah held onto the solid ground, and glanced about. There were no aliens in sight. They obviously assumed she would die in the sand pit. She quickly leapt out of the pit, for fear of being sucked back in.
    Dreah walked towards the dome, but when she came closer, started hiding behind large red rocks. She crept over to the side of the building, and slowly crawled around, looking for a backdoor. Once there, she discovered a nasty surprise.
    The same alien woman, no, girl, that had dragged her here earlier was doing something horrible. As the queen, Sarah, watched, the girl (She seemed around sixteen, but who could tell? chained up a human boy, around her age, in a chair. He was asleep, it seemed, and as Dreah watched, the alien girl poured green dye on the boy’s skin. It was the same shade as on the other alien’s skin! She watched as the boy’s skin slowly became green. It was eerie. But then, much worse, was when the alien put a small round dome on his head, connected to many wires and tubes. Suddenly, a light green fluid started coming into the dome, into, it appeared, the boy’s head! Dreah nearly shrieked. But she caught herself in time, and merely jumped. Then she stared at the scene unfolding in front of her.
    The girl now was taking off the helmet. The boy’s eye’s popped open. He looked around, and screamed. Well, not really. The rags were in his mouth. As the thought hit him, he spit them out, and started screaming for help.
    “Help! Help! I’m trapped!” He was screaming so loudly, Dreah was surprised the aliens didn’t flinch. Instead, the girl walked over to him.
    She said “ Awaken. Rise as a citizen of Katarah, not as a simple-minded human. Rise!” At the last word, the boy broke the chains binding him and stood. He then spoke in an odd voice, like the one robots have.
    “What shall I do now, Queen Sarah?” He asked.
    “Well, go and make sure the human scum, that girl, is dead. Now.” The Queen said with a slight smirk. The boy started walking into the backdoor of the building. “Now, Ally, clean up. Now!” The Queen screamed at the alien, Ally, apparently, and then stood and stalked back into the dome. Ally peered at the door for a second after it closed, then, laughing quietly, said “Dreah, come on out. You and I both know you were not killed.” Dreah, startled by the request, stood. Dreah’s eyes widened when she realized what she had done, but then walked over to Ally.
    “Oh Dreah. I am not a horrible alien like you think. I am pretending. I long ago overpowered the brain control. And I knew you were there because you flinched. I did brainwash the boy, but only because I had to, or face sudden death. I too had escaped the cage years ago. But the Queen caught me as I was trying to escape on her space travel device, similar to the ones you and I used. So she brainwashed me. But I quickly overpowered it. I’ve tried to revolt, but she has defeated me. All of us aliens are humans accidentally taken here. She plans to use her transporter to overpower all of Earth! You are Earth’s last hope.”

Chapter 5
    Silver Arrow
    “Wow. Dramatic.” Dreah said, but Ally frowned at her. “Okay, I get it. I must defeat her. How do I?”
    “Well... Oh yeah! I heard that to defeat her you must shoot her through the heart with a silver arrow.”
    “What?! I, if you haven’t noticed, have a severe shortage of silver arrows! And I can’t shoot her through the heart! That would make me a murderer! And-” Dreah was interrupted in the middle of her rant.
    “So? Can you even shoot?” Ally asked, far more interested in the matter of murder than a rant.
    “Well duh! I am a pro archer! I beat the teacher! But he made me swear never to use my skills unless it is totally needed! So no way!” Dreah was beside herself. Murder?

Chapter 6
    Alien-izing
    “Well, the queen wouldn’t hesitate to murder you, like she has done to all who don’t immediately become docile, obedient servants. So shoot her! Besides, we can find an arrow. I have a friend who works making all metal type work. So we can convince her to create a silver arrow.” Ally became thoughtful. “But how do we hide you? I mean, you look nothing like any of us! You’re human! And anyway, she always makes a point to learn each of our names. Oh, you don’t know what species we are do you? We are the Katarans. But how do we hide you?” The question lingered in the air, casting a puzzling air over everything. Dreah finally broke the silence.
    “Well, you could dye my skin. But does it wash out? I don’t want to be green forever!” Dreah was trying to appear not too concerned about the matter, but failed.
    “It does fade under water, so every week I must re-dye everyone. Lots of work, but oh well. So should I dye you?” Ally looked sincere, as if she really was concerned about it. And she was.
    “Yes.” Dreah said reluctantly. “But hurry! We’ve been talking for ten minutes!” She hissed, killing the moment.
    “O-kay! Just go lay down! I’ll dye you.” Dreah hurried over to the chair, and sat. Ally came over, and drenched her and her clothes in green goo. It dried in seconds.
    “I’ve been alien-ized!” Dreah joked. Ally chuckled, but quickly snapped out of it. Dreah became somber. “So, what do I do now? After all, she doesn’t know me! Except for how I’m, the newest ‘sacrifice’ or whatever. And I have no idea how to act like a brainwashed alien! Where do I sleep, what do I eat, what do I do during the day, do I follow anyone? I mean, help!” Dreah was quickly getting worked up over this. So Ally tried calming her down.
    “Just follow me. Oops, gotta clean!” Ally cried, racing around to clear up like the queen had ordered her to. Dreah started helping as well. Just as they finished, Queen Sarah stepped outside.
    “Good job. I shall not kill you today.” She said to Ally. Then she noticed Dreah. “And who are you? I do not recall you.” Queen Sarah seemed more pleasant around her own brainwashed minions.
    “I am...” Dreah looked at Ally, who shook her head. Sarah didn’t seem to notice. “I’m...not too sure.” She hoped this reply would make the queen kinder.
    “Hmm.” Sarah turned to Ally, and lowered her voice. “Is she new? She doesn’t know who she is!”
    “Oh, yes. I changed her yesterday. She’s been a little lost, so I’ve been trying to help her. Her name is Katie.”
    “Hmm. I forgot. Oh well. Katie, is it?” Queen Sarah said, turning back to Dreah. “Well, you can follow Ally around and help her. Right now you must go and have Clarissa make you some silverware! Then come to my throne room!” Sarah turned and walked back into the dome, and the thick green doors slid closed.
    “Who’s Clarissa? Your friend? Will she help us?” Dreah asked. She wanted to act the part of Katie, the confused citizen of Katarah. Ally caught on.
    “Oh yes. She is the best silver worker around, so I know she’ll help us. And yes, she is my friend I was telling you about. Let’s go. Disobeying the queen- Just avoid it.” Ally became somber. “She’ll take a laser gun and blast your head off. Just... be careful, Katie.” Ally giggled, and then led the way into the dome.
    Chapter 7
    The Earth World
    “Oh dear, oh my! How dreadful!” Mr. Bontanie worried. After Dreah ran through the portal, the thin film holding the portal in place disappeared with a loud “POP!” Now, after failing to repair the screen, he was pacing about, muttering about the tragedy. He was trying to figure out how to explain the girl’s disappearance. “Oh my!” He muttered once more, then sat down and tried yet again to think of a way to fix the device.
    Chapter 8
    Clarissa the Silversmith
    “Wow. How large is this place?” Dreah asked as she and Ally started along one of the many hallways.
    “Not large enough. We have to share rooms.” Ally replied as they passed more aliens. Dreah was starting to notice how the truly brainwashed aliens behaved. The other aliens had glazed looks in their eyes, along with gracefully robotic movement. But Ally had a sparkle in her eyes, and moved gracefully. Another difference was how the other aliens talked with little emotion, while Ally was exceptionally emotional. All of them, however, did speak English, however varied. For example, some had Southern accents, some European. They also spoke often, as if they were all friends.
    Ally introduced Katie to everyone, and while they acted pleased, Dreah could tell they were upset that another human had been brainwashed, though they were hiding it well, for they too had been brainwashed.
    Eventually Dreah and Ally made it to Clarissa’s silversmith shop. Where the shop was located was on the second floor of a mall-like place. Clarissa, or Claire, as Ally called her, was a pleasant alien, who, according to Ally, was on the verge of overthrowing her brainwash. Therefore, Clarissa had a slight spark in her eyes, and moved nearly as gracefully as Ally. She spoke with a Southern accent, but not as pronounced as some. She seemed only seventeen, tops, so Dreah decided to like her.
    “Claire, this is my new friend Katie. She’s fairly new, so I’ve taken her under my wing.” Ally said. Clarissa’s eyes widened.
    “Really? Is she, you know,” She lowered her voice. “On our side? I’m un-washed, so I see the world with clear eyes. She seems unusually bright. Has she crossed over? So soon?” She was speaking quickly, as if worried someone else would hear.
    “You crossed over? Good! And truthfully? I didn’t even brainwash her. Remember earlier when I was called away from lunch? Well, she had just transported here, so we had to get her to the queen. But she got mad at Queen Sarah, so the queen had us take her to The Pit. She escaped and snuck to the back, where she saw me brainwash the boy from yesterday.” At Claire’s puzzled look, she explained. “Remember, last night? He came here? But because it was so late, I did him this morning. Anyway, I saw Dreah, that’s Katie’s real name, I saw her jump, so then I told her stuff- I’ll tell ya later! -but then I dyed her so the queen would be fooled. I’ll explain more tonight.” Claire stared at Ally. She had spoken so quickly, it was mostly a blur, but Claire nodded anyway.
    “Okay then. So what do you need? I assume the queen sent you here.”
    “Yeah, we need silverware. And...” Ally hesitated before rushing on. “A silver arrow. To kill the queen. Because that’s what Dreah is going to do. Kill her. And we need the arrow now.” Ally took a deep breathe, so Claire quickly cut in.
    “That’s a tall order. Silverware I have, but arrows? No.” She was very firm, yet Ally still wanted to push her.
    “Come on! I know you hate the queen, you know that, so why pretend you don’t? Besides, all you have to do is give me the arrow, and then Dreah shoots her! Easy as pie!” Ally was upset, especially after she promised Dreah Claire would help. “Come on, Clarissa!”
    “Grr! I don’t even have a mold! So just give up! Besides, I don’t want to be a part of lanned murder! An accomplice!” It was clear to Dreah that Clarissa was a goody-goody on Earth. Great. Just what they needed.
    “Clarissa, just help us! I’m thirteen, and I’m prepared to shoot a queen! Help us!” Dreah practically shouted at Claire.
    Claire just stared, shocked, at Dreah. Then she recovered. “Uh, I don’t have to! I understand, you’re a bravely stupid kid, but I’m not! Just chill, kid!” Claire was furious.
    “I may be a child, but at least I’m willing to die to save everyone, including you. I’m the one she’ll catch, shooting at her! You’re just in the back round, doing the little things. Please!” At this, Dreah sank to her knees and clasped her hands together.
    Claire sighed. “Don’t make a scene. But I suppose I can, because otherwise everyone in this colony will know about your plans. Okay, I need a mold. Can you head to the clay stand and get me some?” Claire asked, heading farther into her stall. “And how much silverware do you need?”
    “Thanks! And get us... as much silverware as you can, so the queen will think it took us longer than it should. Dreah, stay here, I’ll grab the clay so if anyone sees you here they’ll think I’m in the bathroom while you wait. Be right back!”
    Dreah stood, and started brushing the dirt off her pants when she realized she had some green dye and sand on her clothes. “Hey, Claire?” Claire paused in her rummaging through boxes. “Do you know where I can get some clothes? I’m a tad dirty.” She gestured to her body, as Claire laughed lightly.
    “Of course! They’ll probably be a bit big, but who cares?” Claire walked even farther into the stall, then opened and shut a door in the far back. Just minutes later, she returned.
    “Here, take these. They’re a bit small for me, so they should fit you fairly well. Go through the back door, and you’ll be in the room Ally and I share. Hurry.” Ally opened the small door on the side of the stall, grabbed Dreah’s shirt and pulled her in, pushed the clothes into Dreah’s hands, and shoved her towards the back door. Dreah opened the door, and gasped. It was amazingly large, but very empty. It was a rectangular room, with three beds, one just sitting near the door, empty, but the other two had very vibrant bedspreads, with many things plastered onto the walls. Just boring stuff, really, but funny too. One bed had a few screwed up metal projects- probably Claire’s side. Ally’s side had bright colored fabrics, with many interesting patterns. As decorations there were metal nightstands, with fabrics covering the tops, and fascinating metal work on top, along with similar looking dressers. Dreah stood, shocked, for a second, then started getting dressed. She suddenly realized how boring the other alien’s clothes were, compared to hers. The others had plain white, someone stained, yet still rather plain. Dreah had green-ish clothes, with faded colors. Wow. She had been a mess. After she dressed she took a brush from one of the dressers, looked into the metal mirror, combed it neatly, then put it into a ponytail. There was a sharp knock on the door.
    “Hello? Are you ever coming out?” Claire asked, obviously annoyed.
    “Sorry, I didn’t realize I was taking so long.” Dreah answered, stepping out of the room. Claire looked at her in appreciation.
    “So they fit. Good. And you even brushed your hair. Here’s a damp towel, wipe off your face and we can find more silverware. Did you see the empty bed? It’s for you.” Said Claire, smiling.
    “Oh, thank you. but once you finish the bow and arrow, I shall slay the queen, and we all may return to Earth. So I hopefully won’t be here long.” Dreah said, somewhat saddened by the fact that Claire had gone through so much trouble for her, and now she wouldn’t even use it. “Let’s look for more silverware.”
    “Okay.” Claire said, half joyful, half miserable. They began digging through boxes, saying when they found something.
    “Spoon!”
    “Three forks”
    “Another spoon!”
    “Six knives.”
    “Ow, my spoon cut me!”
    After what seemed like ages, but was probably only fifteen minutes, Ally returned.
    “Oh, good. So do you have the clay?” Claire asked, stepping into the light when Ally rang the bell at the front of the booth.
    “Yeah, but barely. The alien working there- I brainwashed him earlier! I left him in to long though- He is so mean! He was all,” Here she paused, and took on a deeper voice. “Oh, why do you want this stuff? I need a reason.” Her voice went back to normal. “I just had to lie, and say that it was needed for something the queen requested.”
    “It isn’t a lie, it’s true-ish. After all, it is for the queen.” Dreah said, stepping out of the shadows with a devilish smile. Ally’s eyes’ popped open. “Yeah, I cleaned up. So, let’s do this!”
    “Uh, no. We need to go to the queen. She is already going to be furious. Besides, Claire has to mold the clay, dry it, melt the silver, pour it into the mold, then cool it. So chill. Let’s go.” Ally said.
    Dreah shrugged. “Okay, but if I’m supposed to save all of mankind, along with all of you, then I need a bit of time. I can’t be expected to do it perfectly right away!” Dreah was getting a bit mad.
    “Dreah, chill. Let’s go deliver the silverware, then get our next instruction. Come!” Ally grabbed Dreah’s arm, and tugged her down a hall that Dreah hadn’t noticed before. The two took many turns along the hall, and saw many halls going off it, but nobody else was near.
    “Ally, where is everyone? The other hall had tons of people, but there’s nobody here!”
    “Yeah, this hall is only for her highness, and a few trusted servants, myself included. We’re almost there. Act as if nothing gives you more pleasure than serving her. Act less dazed. Act... Now!” The last part she whispered, poking Dreah as they came around a bend, and saw some guards, with dull spears.

By SwiftieForever 13

Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:57 AM

I've decided to write a short story:

"Mum, I'm going out to the cafe!" "Sweetie I'm sorry but you can't go out tonight" "Mum, why not? I've planned this for weeks!" "Well your cousin got sick today and they want you to look after him" "Can't someone else do it? I'm not some free-all-the-time-to-look-after-sick-kids freak!" "No, I said you would do it! They'll be here soon. Oh and change your clothes.That is not a suitable outfit and you probably don't want vomit stains on it" "UGH!!!! I LOVE YOU TOO MUM!" I stomp upstairs to my bedroom and slam the door shut behind me. I throw my handbag into my open cupboard where it hits the wall behind it and falls to the ground with a light thud. I flop onto my bed and sigh. I suddenly had an idea. My mum wanted me to make a a diary about my feelings. Yeah right that was gonna happen. But I decided that I could make a video diary about how much my life sucks. I reach down and pull out my second drawer. I rummaged around some of the junk including an old school book, a lipgloss which was leaking and then finally, my video camera. I wiped off some of the sticky lipgloss and placed the camera on my bed. I slammed the drawer shut with my foot and held the camera up with my right arm. I pressed record and smiled at the camera. "Hey, names Pheobe. Your probably thinking that what just happened is a one off thing. But that's my life! And boy does it suck. So welcome, to the suckish life of Pheobe Cullans."

I hope it's alright! I didn't really know what to write... :)

STOP BULLYING