Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

IKYWT prologue is so powerful !!

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 4:17 AM

Today I watched the film clip to 'I Knew You Were Trouble' for the first time. It is the most powerful, personal and beautifully brutal thing Taylor Swift has ever done. And I love it. She said:

"I think, I think when it's all over it just comes back in flashes, you know. It's like a kaleidoscope of memories, which just all comes back, but he never does. I think part of me knew the second I saw him, that this would happen. It's not really anything he said, or anything he did, it was the feeling that came along with it. And the crazy thing is I don't know if I'm ever going to feel that way again. But I don't know if I should. I knew, as the world moved too fast and burned too bright, but I thought 'how can the devil be pulling you towards someone who looks so much like an angel when he smiles at you?'. Maybe he knew that when he saw me? I guess I just lost my balance. I think that the worst part of it all wasn't losing him; it was losing me. I don't know if you know who you are until you lose who you are"

I've read this at least fifty times and it saddens me to realise that I relate to this more than I want to. It's so brutal, but so true. The more I read this, the more teary I get, and the more I get mad at him. This made me wake up from lying for so long on that cold, hard floor. These are the words I've been trying to say all along. I went back to re-read the lyrics to this song, and I've really pulled apart sentences, and I've got to the core meanings and feelings Taylor Swift MUST have been feeling as she wrote this. And I've dug through the black areas at the back of my brain and now I know that I DID know he was trouble all along. It's an eye opener for sure. 

He never loved me. And he never loved my 'best friend' he then went on to date, even though SHE was the one who broke us up. I was rather naive before I met him. Young and innocent, I thought love was simple yet special, but also not too challenging to become yourself again once it broke down. And then he walked into my life and I was taken to places I'd never been before. I'd never argued with someone so much. I'd never had someone comment on my weight so negatively before. I'd never known someone who could change personalities so quickly. I'd never before cried myself to sleep so much

That last sentence from Taylor Swift in the music video is something that took me a few reads to understand, but spoke nothing but the truth. I suddenly became aware of who I was before I met him because I was not the same person when I got out. I now look before I fall and I lost that naive manner in me

Thank you Taylor Swift for an incredible song and even better music video. It's my favourite by far. The maturity, honesty and the way she acted out her part is so different from anything else she has done, but I think it was the best thing she could have done. This one is so personal and it breaks my heart to understand what she went through because I did too...

...So shame on me
L.O.V.E.

my songbook! please visit!

"Don't ever, never, if forever let yourself go. Stay true to who you are.
Don't ever, never, if forever let those dreams fall. We are in this together."

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: IKYWT prologue is so powerful !!

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 4:37 AM

It is incredibly powerful, I think quite a few Swifties feel a connection with what she says too. She has such a way with words that sends chills up my spine.

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 6:28 AM

I think most of us have had that one boy, who we knew was going to rip us apart, no matter how special or how low he made us feel. Most of us never really understand the risks, and we toe the line of heartbreak and misery. I know that I can personally connect to this song.
    Daydreaming's for those who are creative enough to imagine situations~

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Clueless wrote:
    It is incredibly powerful, I think quite a few Swifties feel a connection with what she says too. She has such a way with words that sends chills up my spine.

I agree! And one thing I like about the film clip is that it's so serious and to the point :)
    L.O.V.E.

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 8:02 AM

DressedUpLikeHipsters wrote:
    I think most of us have had that one boy, who we knew was going to rip us apart, no matter how special or how low he made us feel. Most of us never really understand the risks, and we toe the line of heartbreak and misery. I know that I can personally connect to this song.
    Daydreaming's for those who are creative enough to imagine situations~

I think so too... I think it's the thought that either, we could be the one he changes for... or... maybe the reason why we go for these type of guys is for the roller coaster of pure emotions. We know they will have a bit of a bite and it's going to be a bit fun... Until it all comes crashing down
    L.O.V.E.

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 8:04 AM

It's so cool! It gives me goose bumps

[url=http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s561/iplayguitarandbanjofortaylor/Screenshot2012-12-13a]http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s561/iplayguitarandbanjofortaylor/Screenshot2012-12-13a[/url][/signature]

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Iplayguitarandbanjofortaylor wrote:
    It's so cool! It gives me goose bumps

[url=http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s561/iplayguitarandbanjofortaylor/Screenshot2012-12-13a]http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s561/iplayguitarandbanjofortaylor/Screenshot2012-12-13a[/url][/signature][/quote]

:D
    [signature]L.O.V.E.

[url=http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2224932]my songbook! please visit![/url]

Don't ever, never, if forever let those dreams fall. We are in this together."[/signature]

RE: Re: IKYWT prologue is so powerful !!

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 4:50 PM

becs13 wrote:
    Clueless wrote:

I agree! And one thing I like about the film clip is that it's so serious and to the point :)

Yes, I also love that to the rest of the world it's just a pop song but us Swifties know that there's a serious message behind it :)

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I can definitely relate, not necessarily with a boyfriend, but in my own way...
    The prologue is on my profile... :)
    "The Conversations With The Little White Lies"

GIFSoup

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I thought I was the only one that liked the prologue. It gave me chills.

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 7:16 PM

As soon I watched the "I Knew You Were Trouble" video I honestly started crying...Taylor had gotten every single word I have been desperately trying to say but couldn't think of. This guy and I had a fling on and off with for 3 years and the "IKYWT" video in a lot of ways is very similar to the horrible adventures this guy would drag me on. I totally lost who I was and changed a lot of my beliefs for this guy...this video helped me realize that and is helping me get to who I really am.

Credit to MAZ and Daya for the signatures!!

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 7:19 PM

SwiftieHipster95 wrote:
    As soon I watched the "I Knew You Were Trouble" video I honestly started crying...Taylor had gotten every single word I have been desperately trying to say but couldn't think of. This guy and I had a fling on and off with for 3 years and the "IKYWT" video in a lot of ways is very similar to the horrible adventures this guy would drag me on. I totally lost who I was and changed a lot of my beliefs for this guy...this video helped me realize that and is helping me get to who I really am.

Credit to MAZ and Daya for the signatures!!

I'm so glad she has grown up

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 8:41 PM

It's insperational as well, I'm writting a story bassed on the video. The concept of the video gave me the concept for my story :)
    You`re lucky enough to be different, never change - Taylor Swift

For me, I don't think technoligy is going to impress me until I can download food from the internet - Niall Horan

[url=http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb422/taylorsbiggestfan13/i]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb422/taylorsbiggestfan13/i[/url][/signature]

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.